Rainy Days

How I Met Byun Baekhyun

"Who's the next guy?"

"I don't know. All I know is that she ran out this morning."

"Are you upset?"

Baekhyun shrugged as he grabbed his coffee. He sat down at the nearest table and stared out the window. The sky was dark from the clouds and people were running as the rain starting pouring. All he wanted was to get back home and sleep all day. It would have been better if Chanmi was there with him too.

"Today's a horrible day to go on a date," Eunji frowned, "She might have to cancel it."

"No, better to get it out the way than to wait."

"Are you okay?"

"I'm not sure."

Eunji tilted her head as she studied Baekhyun. He looked more serious than usual and it worried her. His eyes were tired and the bags under his eyes looked heavier. The way he rubbed his hand over his face aged him about ten years. He looked heartbroken.

"I think you should tell her."

"I don't think I can."

Baekhyun could feel his head throbbing and he winced as it got worse. He sighed in relief when Eunji started massaging him and the weight on his shoulders vanished. If only he didn't fall in love with a woman that was also his greatest enemy.

"She's that amazing huh?"

Baekhyun softly smiled, "You have no idea."

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

"I'm sorry. I didn't realize it would rain all day. I would have ordered soup or something warmer."

Chanmi shook her head as she sipped on her hot coffee. She stared in wonder as the waiter walked over with a small plate. Her heart sank when she noticed the small piece of steak and a weird sauce over it. The smell only made her stomach hurt since she hasn't eaten anything last night. Baekhyun would have ordered pizza and chicken for her.

"That's okay Kris," Chanmi lied, "I'm not that hungry."

"So I was planning on taking you out on the river but that plan went south. Is there anything you're interested in?"

"Not really. I don't have anything in particular I want to do."

Kris frowned as he went back to his steak. He had wanted to go on a boat ride but the weather ruined his plans. He needed to set himself apart from the rest of the group but it was hard since he hasn't dated for a while. Maybe she would like to go shopping?

"Maybe we can go to the department store," Kris smiled, "We can walk around and see what's new." 

"If that's what you want to do, sure."

"Okay."

Kris stood up and paid for their meal. He waited for Chanmi to follow after him and opened his umbrella for her. They ran to his car and sped towards the department store. Once inside, he motioned for someone to grab her bag and jacket.

"You must come here a lot," Chanmi gasped, "To even have people carry your stuff."

"Well I do," Kris laughed, "This is my family's building so I tend to make sure business is going well."

Chanmi nodded in disbelief and wrapped her arms around herself as she followed after him. Being in such an expensive store made her uncomfortable especially with the way workers were staring after her and whispering. She fell back in surprise when she bumped into Kris. He quickly reached out for her and her face flushed as he wrapped his arm around her waist.

"I'm sorry, I should have made sure you saw me stopping."

"That's okay, it was my fault for not looking."

Chanmi cleared and smiled as he led her towards his office. She grew even more uncomfortable as he ordered a worker to wrap a thick cardigan around her before walking away. They slipped inside his office and flew open when she saw how big it was. It was probably larger than her entire apartment.

"So Chanmi, is there anything you would like to drink?"

"No! I'm fine!"

"Are you sure?" Kris frowned, "I wanted to impress you with all the selection of teas I have."

"I'm sure," Chanmi smiled, "I'm fine."

They stared at each other unsure of what to do as the silence grew. You could taste the awkwardness and it was only made worse when his secretary came in. Kris clapped his hands and practically flew towards her. Her eyebrows furrowed as he grabbed her hand and led her towards another room.

"So the weather is getting colder and a lot of winter collections are coming in."

"Oh, is that good?"

Kris laughed as he opened the door, "It should be or else business would be pretty bad."

Chanmi's eyes widened when she saw 2 racks full of thick jackets and dresses. On another shelf, brand name shoes and heels stood next to them. They looked so expensive that she instinctively cowered and stepped back. Kris grabbed her wrist and motioned for her to look at them closer.

"One of my main jobs is to make decisions on what to advertise and put on the floor. Since these are all women's clothes, I wanted your opinion on which ones you liked."

"Oh, I don't- I mean- I don't understand," Chanmi grew uncomfortable, "Do you want me to tell you which ones I think look nice?"

"Yes and I also wanted to give you an early Christmas present."

"I can't accept it."

"Why not?"

Chanmi grew silent as she tried to think of an answer. It wasn't that they were expensive or that she doesn't wear these types of clothes. It was probably the fact that she didn't know Kris to accept his gift. Maybe it was his way of showing how he feels or maybe it was an indirect way of telling her she didn't look pretty.

"I can't. I don't know much about fashion or clothes or brand names. I wouldn't be of much help."

Kris nodded and quickly walked over to the clothes. He searched through them until he found a thick fleece emerald dress. Next he chose a grey wool jacket and a pair of black boots. With a sheepish grin, he handed them over to her. 

"I'm not exactly good with words but I mean it when I said you can have them. Consider these gifts from the bottom of my heart."

"I- I- thank you."

Chanmi forced a smile as Kris' secretary wrapped them up for her. She wrapped her arms tighter around herself and all she wanted was to go. Maybe it was the weather or she just wasn't feeling well but she just wanted to go home. All she wanted to do was order food and watch a movie. It would be better if Baekhyun was with her too.

"Is there anything else you want to do?"

'I want to go home'

"Not really. What did you have in mind?"

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

"What's all this?"

"They're supposed to be presents but feel more like weights."

Baekhyun made a face as he grabbed the 3 huge bags from her hands. She followed after him and opened her bedroom door. He silently placed them on her bed and went back to the living room. It was the first time he saw her look tired from her dates. Normally she would squeal about how she met an actual God or the man of her dreams. And he would cover his ears and not want to listen.

Chanmi stepped out sometime later with her dirty sweatpants and overly oversized sweatshirt. She sunk into the couch and wrapped a blanket over her. Baekhyun followed suit and sat down next to her. 

"How was your date?"

"Okay I guess."

"That's it?"

Chanmi shrugged, "I just wasn't feeling well. That's all."

Baekhyun the TV and they sat in silence. It wasn't until an hour had gone by when there was a knock on the door. He leaped out of his seat and ran towards it. Chanmi's eyes widened when he saw the huge bag of food in his hands.

"I thought you might be hungry so I ordered extra."

"I am hungry. How did you know?"

Baekhyun simply shrugged, "I just do."

Chanmi felt her face grow red and she wrapped her blanket tighter as she followed him into the kitchen. She sighed in content when she tasted the sweet and tasty food. Nothing can compare with take-out, not even steak. Chanmi closed her eyes and wondered why dating wasn't so much easier. All she wanted was to live her life the way she's living it now. With Baekhyun and greasy take-out and warm blankets and movies and...

'With Baekhyun'

Chanmi's eyes flew open, "What the !?"

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

author's corner;

So I finally managed to update the story sooner than I expected! I have no idea what I am doing anymore so please don't hate! My head hurts from school and I'm not exactly sane right now. So let me know what you think of my temporary insanity. I might go back and fix this chapter when I get my wits together.

Please upvote and subscribe if you enjoyed this chapter! If you do unsubscribe, please let me know (in message) why you did and how I can improve the story/my writing. Have a wonderful weekend everyone! I love you!

Image result for 10th doctor gif

As expected of my favourite doctor! What am I thinking!?

Image result for 10th doctor gif