Unexpected Kkaebsong

How I Met Byun Baekhyun

"How many meetings for this week?"

"Around 30, sir."

Baekhyun looked at the long list of upcoming appointments and nodded. He took off his glasses and peered closer at the list, noticing a large chunk of it assigned to one person.

Park Chanmi.

He rubbed the back of his neck and stretched, jumping slightly when he saw Ms. Song still standing there. She bowed in apology and cleared , biting her lips before speaking. There was something wrong with the way she was standing, as if she were on her tiptoes. Baekhyun motioned for her to speak, slightly worried. He wasn't afraid of Secretary Song but afraid of the secrets she knew about him. It wasn't the first time his cousin blackmailed him.

"Mr. Byun," Ms. Song coughed, "I was wondering if I could ask you a question."

"Of course," Baekhyun nodded, "What is it Eunji?"

"You shouldn't call me that. We're still working."

"No one's here but us."

Eunji looked around and nodded before turning to look at him. She sat down on the chair in front of his desk and rolled her eyes. Baekhyun couldn't help but laugh as she tugged at the tight ponytail she had on. Her heels clattered as she slipped them off and turned back to her cousin. The one thing Eunji hated about Baekhyun was his smug smile and how it always seemed as if he was mocking you. After practically being tortured throughout high school, she finally had the information to make his life a living hell. From using her aegyo to force Baek's mom to hire her, she became the one person he couldn't and shouldn't mess with.

"Yah, bacon," She scoffed, "Who said you could call me by my name?"

"I'm your boss first," He smirked, "Then your cousin, alright?"

"Fine fine, whatever. It's not like I care or anything."

"Yah, just tell me what you were going to say."

Eunji cleared once more and sighed, "We're not making as many meetings as last year," She handed him another folder, "We're averaging 100 meetings per month unlike last year which was almost triple that."

Baekhyun skimmed through the document and frowned, "We're still making more or less the same as last year," He rubbed his neck, "It's not like the stocks are falling or the company is going bankrupt."

"Not yet. I looked at your numbers and it's falling. And it's falling fast."

"What are you trying to say?"

Eunji sighed deeply and handed him another folder. She flinched slightly when he screamed suddenly. Baekhyun's eyes flew wide open and he turned to look at her, anger and confusion radiating off of him. Her hand patted his shoulder lightly as she tried to comfort him.

"Why the hell am I almost at 98%!?" Baekhyun yelled, "I was only one success away from 100!"

Baekhyun turned back to the paper and ripped it into shreds, stomping his feet in the process. He turned to his cousin and his lips started to tremble as he fought back his tears. His whole career was ruined now. All thanks to the one person.

"Park Chanmi, you're dead."

He stood up but was pulled back by Eunji. She rolled her eyes and forced him to stop. Her eyes landed on his schedule and she snatched it away before Baekhyun could do anything. He stared at her curiously and blinked as she went to work. Within a blink of an eye, Eunji handed him back the folder.

"That should fix it," She smiled, "Then our bacon won't be so sad."

"Kkaebsong."

"Kkaebsong."

••••••••

"Pororo, you can't eat those!"

Chanmi chased after pororo as he the scattered coffee bean powder on the floor. He dashed inside his cage and snuggled deeper into his bed, pretending to fall asleep. Chanmi locked his cage and went back to the kitchen, eyeing the various instruments in making coffee. She placed her hand over the kettle, her cheeks turning red as she thought of Xiumin's hands over them. 

She could feel his firm chest on her back. Her eyes closed as she imagined him wrapping his strong arms around her waist. The way his skin would feel on hers as he placed his head on the crook of her shoulders. The way his soft lips would taste like.

Just a little closer.. Just a tiny bit more....

"What are you doing?"

Chanmi jumped and fell back as she struggled to run away. The coffee powder flew everywhere as her back hit the floor. The room seemed to spin as she tried to sit up. Warm arms engulfed her and she was carried to the couch, her clothes tossed onto the floor. She closed her eyes and winced when something cold was placed on her forehead. After a few minutes, Chanmi opened them and stared into worried eyes.

"Are you okay?" Baekhyun asked, "I thought you heard me come in."

"I didn't," Chanmi moaned, "My mind was somewhere else."

Baekhyun reached out to help her sit up and handed her some pain medication. He held back his laughter as the cold compress fell onto her lap. The apartment shook with Chanmi's screams as she fumbled with it. Her eyes landed on him and she kicked him, practically falling onto the floor. 

In her hands was a cold and wet underwear.

Chanmi's pink and soft underwear.

"Yah!" She screamed louder, "Byuntae!"

"It was the only think clean around here!" He defended himself, "I couldn't find anything else!"

Baekhyun laughed as he ran away. Chanmi chased after him and pounded the bedroom room once he locked himself in. Her pounds grew weaker and the door creaked open. He stared into her frustrated and embarrassed eyes and smiled.

"What?"

"What do you mean, what?"

He rubbed the back of his neck and grew red when he noticed the wet underwear still in her hands. She glared at him before hiding it inside her ripped jeans, ignoring the wet mark it left. They stared at each other silently, not wanting to lose the staring contest. Chanmi finally gave up and rolled her eyes.

"It was the only thing I could find," Baekhyun explains, "I didn't realize what it was until you did."

"I'm not mad," Chanmi admitted, "I'm just frustrated since this was my last clean pair."

"You don't have anymore?"

"No, they're all dirty."

"Then wash them."

Chanmi rolled her eyes again and scoffed, "I would have washed them except for the fact that my washing machine is broken."

"Then how do you clean your clothes!?" Baekhyun squirmed, "Please tell me you at least handwash them."

"I do! I'm not that dirty!"

Baekhyun watched as she gathered up her clothes and headed towards the bathroom, laundry detergent on the floor. Chanmi tied up her hair and started to scrub at them, her pale hands turning red. She gaped at Baekhyun as he sat besides her, rolling up his sleeves to help her. They scrubbed in silence before she hung them up to dry. Baekhyun noticed the state of her clothes, old and worn out. He looked around the house closely and frowned when he finally saw the details.

Although her apartment was large, there was little to no furniture. The only thing she had was a small couch and coffee table in the living room. The kitchen was stocked with enough items for one person. Her room was where Chanmi practically lived. Baekhyun walked towards the other end of the apartment and noticed that the other 2 bedrooms were closed off and covered with a layer of dust.

As Chanmi organized her clothes, he walked over to her closet and noticed beautiful and expensive clothes tossed to the furthest edge. Bright heels and purses were hidden underneath a thick blanket. His fingers grasped the old and too big clothes that were on the hangers. His eyes landed on a dull green dress. His eyebrows furrowed as he realized that it was the first time he actually noticed this. The bedroom door creaked open and Chanmi stepped inside.

She smiled at Baekhyun and sat on her bed, "What are you doing?"

"How long has it been since your family moved to Canada?" 

"Why?"

"Just curious."

"Around 3 years?"

Baekhyun slowly nodded and snapped his fingers. His eyes grew bright and he held out his hand. Chanmi noticed the change in him and quickly grasped it, clearly excited for no apparent reason. She giggled as he pulled her towards the door.

"Where are we going?" Chanmi giggled, "Are you going to buy me food!?"

"No," Baekhyun shook his head, "We're going shopping."

••••••••

"What's the difference between a demi and push-up?"

Baekhyun struggled to not choke on his spit, practically letting out an ear-splitting scream. It had been a huge mistake taking Chanmi out shopping. The moment they entered the mall was the very moment that he signed his death. She had been giddy with excitement, oblivious to the muffled giggles of girls eyeing her. Unlike them who were wearing expensive clothes, Chanmi had been wearing her favorite worn out ripped jeans and an oversized shirt. 

She could feel their stares and her hands shook as she hid behind Baekhyun. He wrapped his arm around her defensively and headed to the women's section. The stores were practically waiting with open arms for Chanmi to step inside. Her eyes sparkled as she ran inside, her hands reaching out for a beautiful pair of jeans. She immediately let go once she noticed the price tag.

Baekhyun noticed her shoulders fall as she turned back to him. Her hands slipped inside her jeans and she walked away, whistling softly as she walked around. He followed after her, clearly confused on where she was going. He let out a disappointed sigh as she skipped towards the food court.

"What are you doing?" 

"What do you mean?"

"I mean," He pointed at the restaurants," What are you doing here?"

"I'm hungry," She frowned, "I thought we came to the mall to eat."

They stared at each other in silence before Chanmi turned her back. She tapped her chin as she debated on what to get. A soft hand brushed lightly across her own and Baekhyun grasped onto it tightly. He led her back to the shops, his grip tightening as Chanmi tried to run away. They arrived back at the store and he finally let go.

"I brought you here so you can shop," Baekhyun rolled his eyes, "So go ahead and shop."

"I don't need clothes," Chanmi snapped, "I have plenty at home."

"Then why don't you wear them!?"

"I will! And don't yell at me!"

Chanmi glared at Baekhyun as she crossed her arms. It was the first time she had gotten upset at him over something so trivial. Her eyes grew dark and it scared Baekhyun slightly. The once gentle Chanmi was replaced by someone angry and sad. He immediately knew that he screwed up.

"Okay," He nodded, "You don't have to buy anything. But if there's something you actually need, then I'll buy it for you."

"Anything?" She smirked, "Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I promise."

••••••••

"What's the difference between a demi and push-up?"

Baekhyun's daydream came to an end as he heard giggles. He turned to see the workers staring at him as they blushed and murmured. He sunk deeper inside the armchair provided and covered his face. There was some movement and Chanmi stood in front of him with a pleased look. She crouched down and pulled his hands away, forcing him to look at her.

"They said that for my figure I should get a push-up," Chanmi blinked, "But I don't want to make it obvious. What should I do?"

"I don't know and care," Baekhyun begged, "Please let's just go."

"But you're supposed to buy what I needed."

"I'll give you my card."

Chanmi bit her lips and pouted, her lips trembling as she fought back tears. Her eyes grew watery as she looked up at Baekhyun. He felt his heart start to shatter when he saw her puppy face. With a quick nod, Baekhyun stood up and followed after her. The counter was piled high with lacy bras and underwear. The look of the cashier made his face burn brighter as he quickly paid. Chanmi grabbed his hand and blinked innocently as she rested her head on his chest.

"Thank you so much oppa," Chanmi cooed, "I'll use them wisely."

The look from the workers could have burned a hole on his face. With a stiff smile and a quick bow, he pulled her out of the store. Baekhyun let go of her arm and spun around to stare at her. His blazing eyes quickly cooled down he saw a large bruise on Chanmi's pale wrist. Her hand shook as she covered it up with her other hand. She smiled at him as she slipped her hand behind her back.

There was something in the way she reacted that scared him. With light steps, Chanmi stepped back and averted his gaze. Her fingers trembled as she brushed back her hair. Her hand grasped tighter onto the shopping bag, her nails digging into her palm. Baekhyun reached out but stopped when she stiffened.

"I'm sorry oppa," Chanmi swallowed, "I was just trying to get some payback when you yelled at me earlier."

"Chanmi..."

"I know I shouldn't have done that."

Baekhyun stepped closer and his eyes softened as he reached around her. His delicate fingers hovered lightly over her bruise as he guided her towards a nearby pharmacy. Chanmi stared at him as he treated her before wrapping it up with a bandage. Her eyes flew open as Baekhyun slid his hand inside hers, his finger twining with hers. He grabbed the shopping bag as they walked along the sidewalk. The night air was fresh and the streets were busy with people. Chanmi started to shiver slightly and huddled closer to Baekhyun.

"I'm sorry," Baekhyun whispered, "I'm so so sorry."

"I know," Chanmi sighed, "I'm sorry too."

"How should I make it up to you?"

"You don't have to."

"I do."

Chanmi furrowed her eyebrows as she thought of what to do. Her eyes landed on a nearby restaurant and she yanked on his arm. Baekhyun looked down at her and grinned as she pointed at the building like a little girl. He pulled her lightly inside and chuckled when she her lips.

••••••••

"Give me some."

"Why?"

"Because it looks good."

Baekhyun opened his mouth and tugged at Chanmi's hand, whimpering like a lost puppy. He pointed at his mouth and pouted until he felt the soft noodles. Chanmi scowled and pointed at her own mouth. He slipped inside some chicken and laughed when her cheeks puffed as she struggled to eat it. 

"Yah!" Chanmi choked, "That wasn't funny."

"Calm down," Baekhyun laughed, "It was an accident."

He reached out to wipe her lips as she finished chewing. His fingers brushed over her plump lips and he quickly pulled back. Chanmi managed to finally swallow and through a napkin at him, laughing when it hit his face. He dodged another attack and grabbed her arms, forcing her to stop. With a sly smile, Baekhyun leaned in.

"What did you say in the store again?"

"What?"

"I clearly remember you saying something."

Chanmi avoided his gaze and nodded toward another table, "Oh! They have ice cream here!"

"Chanmi."

She turned to look at him and gulped, "What is it?"

Baekhyun his lips and smiled, "You're going to use them wisely, right? I really liked the pink one."

"Yah!"

Baekhyun held onto his stomach as Chanmi turned bright red. She covered her cheeks as she took deep breaths. Her eyes landed on his face and she shook her head in embarassment. He finally stopped and wiped away at his tears, turning to look at her. His eyes flew open as Chanmi reached out towards him, grabbing onto his tie and forcing him to stare at her. Her lips were uncomfortably close as she smirked.

"I can show you if you want," She breathed, "I thought you would like the pink one."

This time it was Chanmi's turn to laugh as Baekhyun went beet red. He cleared his throat and forced himself to frown. The table shook with her laughs and he flipped his hair. The entire restaurant turned to look at them as they escaped. Chanmi skipped ahead and motioned for Baekhyun to walk with her. He wrapped his arms around her and stared at her with displeased eyes.

"You're so dirty minded."

"You're so close minded."

Chanmi looked up at him, "By the way, why are you so happy all of a sudden? It's scary."

"I can't be happy?" Baekhyun scoffed, "I can't joke around?"

"Yeah because you usually yell at me every time you see me."

"Well that's because you do something that forces me to yell."

She simply shrugged and ran inside her apartment building when they finally arrived. He silently followed after her and chuckled as she kicked her shoes off before running inside her room. Chanmi dumped her new underwear inside her drawer before racing back to the kitchen. Baekhyun rested his feet on the coffee table as she came back with arms full of snacks. The room grew loud with noise coming from the tv. She started to feed him as they watched a movie. Baekhyun chuckled every time Chanmi winced as he pretended to bite her. His phone started to ring and he quickly answered.

"Bacon!"

"What is it Eunji?"

"I already set you up with more meetings for this week."

"Why so soon? I haven't had time to tell Chanmi."

"Well do it now."

Baekhyun rolled his eyes when Eunji ended the call abruptly. He turned back to Chanmi and jumped when he noticed her already staring at him. Her hand slid forward and patted the seat for him to join her. She blinked and waited for him to speak.

"Tell me what?" She cocked her head, "Is it something important?"

"Kind of?" He sighed, "I was going to tell you sooner but it slipped my mind."

"Well go ahead and tell me. I'm sure it's nothing bad."

Baekhyun bit his lips and took a deep breath, "I had to make some adjustments in my schedule with Secretary Song," He fidgeted, "And I have to attend more meetings and appointments to make up for lost time."

"And?"

He looked up at Chanmi and swallowed, "And there's no more room for you Chanmi."

••••••••

 

author's corner; long one ahead

I am seriously sorry if this chapter is short or  if there are any mistakes. I was thinking of getting a beta-reader who can go through my chapters and fix what needs fixing. Also, I have something to say and I hope some of you won't take it the wrong way. When I ask for people to comment, I mean it. I love the fact that the same people comment (seriously, I get giddy with excitement) but I was hoping for more comments by my silent readers as well. You have no idea how many times I wanted to give up and delete this story. But I didn't because I knew that the regular commenters would have killed me. So even if you don't upvote or even if you unsubscribe, I don't get sad at all. I just get sad at the lack of comments. So to make things better, I am allowing you guys to ask questions about this story and I will do my best to answer them (but please don't ask who chanmi will end up with). Oh! And I just realized something big. This story is going to be long and I mean long. We're not even at the halfway mark! So I hope everyone is okay with that. I just don't want to rush anything. Hmmm... I feel like I'm missing something... /screams/ Next chapter will be for all you BaekMi shippers! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Remember to comment! /whispers/ and an upvote will be nice too! and here's my happy dance

tumblr_n5zo4fLQS51qdjtnfo7_r1_250.gif

Oh god, what did I just do? Ahhh! I swear I feel I made a mistake but it's for the best guys! So please don't be mad at me! I promise it'll make sense later on! So please don't forget to leave a comment! So yeah, there are 3 dates left before I create the greatest plot twist ever! /bricked/ who am I kidding? lol. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Remember to comment! /whispers/ and an upvote will be nice too! Oh and if my calculations are correct (which they never are) I think the story might be over in 30 more chapters. Not too sure. So yeah... don't kill me guys! But don't forget to comment! P.S I think this gif perfectly describes many of you now.

tumblr_maodxk6PQN1r91pk3.gif