Smooth Chanmi

How I Met Byun Baekhyun

"What are you wearing?"

"What's wrong with this?"

Chanyeol adjusted his tie and turned to stare at himself through the mirror. He ripped the tie off once again and grabbed another, throwing it around his neck. He could hear the snorts and sighs made behind him before he gave up.

"What?" Chanyeol demanded, "What's so funny?"

"You're going on a date," Sehun, his friend, laughed, "Why the hell are you wearing a suit?"

"Because I want to look nice."

"You look stupid," D.O bluntly said, "It's not like you're going to a meeting."

"Then what do you suggest I wear?" Chanyeol tossed his jacket onto his bed, "Jeans and a tshirt?"

"That would look better."

Sehun and D.O watched in amusement as Chanyeol dumped his entire closet onto the bed, holding up outfits for them to judge. After trying on dozens of shirts and sweaters, he finally settled on a designer sweater, black jeans and military boots.

"Better now?" Chanyeol turned around, "Less stupid?"

"You're going to fix all this," Sehun motioned at his face, "to not look stupid."

"."

"That's nice."

Chanyeol walked over to his dresser and fixed his hair, here and there as he tried different styles. Once he was finished he grabbed his jacket, ready to go out.

"I should get going," He glanced at his watch, "I'm going to be late."

"Have fun!" D.O waved, "Don't do anything weird!"

"Don't smile too much!" Sehun chuckled, "You'll scare her!"

Chanyeol rolled his eyes as he ran out of his apartment and towards his car. It was the first time in years that he was nervous about a date. Unlike Sehun and D.O who never seemed to have problems with finding girlfriends, he was a bit different. It wasn't his fault that his laugh creeped girls out or the fact that when he smiled, it looked more sinister than nice.

He was special- but in a good way of course. Chanyeol was just like any other guy, unsure of how he should act or what he should say. He was a completely normal- but disturbingly tall- Korean male. 

Chanyeol glanced at his watch one more time before heading out, scanning the area for a small bookstore. After getting lost twice and almost crashing into another car, he finally made it to his destination. He got out of his car and adjusted his jacket, noticing a small girl pacing in front of the door. 

His eyes grew wide when she ran a hand through her hair before stomping her feet, murmuring to herself as she bit her nails. Her hair stuck out randomly and she thrashed her hands around, growing impatient.

Chanyeol stepped back carefully, reaching for his car door but stopped when she turned around. He smiled awkwardly, hoping the girl wouldn't notice that fact that he just tried to run away. With light steps, she skipped her way towards him, a wide smile on her face.

"Hello," She bowed politely, "I'm Park Chanmi. And you must be?"

"Chanyeol," He cleared his throat, "Park Chanyeol."

"Chanyeol-ssi? Oh! We both have Chan in our name. That's odd."

"Yeah, I didn't notice."

Chanmi rocked back and forth, smoothing down her hair as she stared at the tall boy in front of her. She tried opening to say something but stopped when he coughed. The silence was awkward, too awkward for her to handle. All she could think about was the fact that Park Chanyeol wasn't reacting the way she had imagined.

She had expected him to be bubbly and hyperactive, a creepy smile on his face. Park Chanyeol was supposed to grab her hand and steer her towards his car, fixing her seatbelt like they do in kdramas.

Their faces would have been dangerously close.

So close that their lips would have been barely an inch away when they turned to face each other.

So close that all Chanmi had to do was lean in closer and...

"Chanmi-ssi?"

Chanmi looked up and jumped when she noticed Chanyeol's face in front of her. There was a soft smirk on his face when he saw her reddening cheeks. He could see her light brown eyes grow wide and scared as she leaned back. Chanmi-ssi didn't seem that crazy up close.

"Huh?" She swallowed, "Did you say something?"

"I asked if you would like to get inside the car or if you wanted to stay out here."

"I'm sorry, I got distracted."

"By what?" Chanyeol's eyes danced, "Or should I say by who?"

"Huh?" Chanmi tapped her chin nervously, "I mean- it said that you smile a lot- not that you're not smiling but I was expecting something else."

"You just scared me."

"Scared you?"

Chanyeol held out a finger and walked to the front of the bookstore. He ran a hand through his perfectly sculpted hair and made it stand up. He hunched his back and began to mutter to himself. He stimped his feet and waved his hands around like a maniac. There was a startled gasp and he turned to see Chanmi blinking in horror.

"I-I looked like that?" Her voice went higher, "I acted like that?"

"Yeah," He chuckled, "That's why I was scared."

It took all of his willpower to not pinch her cheeks. There was something special about the girl in front of him. She was clearly different, considering the fact that she had almost no makeup and that her bag and sneakers were completely worn out. It wasn't something Chanyeol saw on a first date.

"I didn't know you saw," Chanmi sighed, "I have a habit of doing that."

"It was cute now that I think about it. Almost y but in a weird way."

Chanmi felt her cheeks go even more red as he laughed softly. Her eyes landed on his disheveled hair and she reached out to fix it. Her nose wrinkled as she stood on her tip-toes, his hair out of reach. Desperate to fix his hair, Chanmi jumped as high as she could before screaming as she tripped over her feet. Her head crashed against something hard and she felt strong arms wrap themselves around her waist.

"Are you okay?"

Chanyeol gazed at her with worried eyes and a soft smile. She ducked her head and covered her face, her heart pounding like crazy. She stepped back, the warmth of his arms fading. Chanmi peered through her hands and shook her head.

"I'm sorry," She whispered, "I didn't mean to do that."

"That's okay," He shrugged, "But what were you doing?"

"I was just trying to fix your hair."

Chanmi reached out, her fingers trembling as she pointed at his head. Without hesitation, Chanyeol lowered his head, chuckling as he felt her delicate fingers run through his hair. Once she was finished, he stood up with rosy cheeks.

"So... we should go now."

"Yeah... we should."

Chanyeol grabbed her hand and pulled her to the passenger seat, carefully placing the seatbelt over her. He could smell the sweet scent of her perfume and he felt his heart race a bit faster. His face was close to hers and he stared at the birthmark near her lips, the shape of a crescent moon.

"Is something wrong?" Chanmi looked up at him, "Do I have something on my face?"

"No," Chanyeol cleared his throat, "You just look really pretty."

"You do too."

"Thanks?"

Chanmi flinched the moment she blurted out those words, her hands clenching at her sides. She watched Chanyeol close her door and head towards the other side, a wide smile on his face. She glanced out the window and glanced up at the sky.

'Smooth Chanmi,' She mentally kicked herself, 'That was real smooth.'

••••••••

 

Chanmi stared at her feet, her hair falling over her face. She could see Chanyeol's feet rock back and forth as he rubbed the back of his neck. They were standing in front of her bookstore, the night coming to an end. She looked up and smiled when Chanyeol handed her a large teddy bear, the bright pink bow shining under the light.

"Did you have fun?" He asked, "I'm sorry."

"Why?" She giggled, "You won this for me."

Chanyeol grinned as she hugged the bear tighter. They had gone to an amusement park, Chanyeol eager to get on the rides. Unfortunately, he didn't know that Chanmi was afraid of heights. The date could have been a disaster. But then again he wouldn't have had a way of doing any skinship.

He could feel his face go red and hot as he remembered feeling Chanmi's thin arms wrap themselves tightly around his waist. Chanmi could feel her whole body shiver as she remembered feeling his warm breath against her neck as he hugged her back. 

It was even better than the boring kdramas.

Chanyeol had held her hand as they walked around the park, practically going into debt as he tried to win the stuffed bear Chanmi had stared at. She had squealed when he won, grabbing onto his hand and jumping up and down before he lifted her into the air. Their eyes had connected for just a split second and she felt her heart go into overdrive. 

"I really enjoyed it," Chanmi bit her lip, "I'm sorry we couldn't get on a lot of rides."

"Why?" Chanyeol chuckled, "You won this for me."

Chanmi brushed her hair back and blushed as Chanyeol leaned in closer. He laughed as he poked her with the large wolf headband she had gotten for him. He growled softly and smiled when Chanmi pushed him away lightly. He could hear soft giggles and whispers as people walked by them, pointing out how good they looked.

"You should get going," She nodded, "It's getting late."

"I should," He pouted, "But I don't want to go."

"Why?"

"Because I'm going to miss you."

Chanmi burst into laughter and shook her head. She noticed a car pull up and growled to herself. Chanyeol stared innocently at her and brushed away the hairs that were blowing around her face. He took off his headband and placed it on her, his cold fingers creating goosebumps all over her body.

"I have to go," Chanyeol smiled, "I'll call you soon, okay?"

"Okay," Chanmi nodded, "I'll be waiting."

Chanyeol waved goodbye as he headed towards his car. He watched as Chanmi unlocked the door and stepped inside, waving through the window. He slipped inside his car and drove off, glancing back at the mirror and frowning when he noticed someone, a man, step inside the bookstore.

"Who's that?" He murmured, "A customer?"

••••••••

Baekhyun stared at his watch, sighing when he noticed it was almost 12:oo am. He sent out another message, looking up to see his secretary giving him a thumbs up when she got the message. His phone was working, then why wasn't Chanmi answering or replying back?

He opened the folder on his desk and frowned when he read the profile once again. The very moment Chanmi had ran towards the taxi to go to her date was the moment he grew worried. The one thing he was worried about was the fact that her date liked touching.

And it bothered him more than it should have.

"Park Chanyeol," Baekhyun murmured, "What are you doing with Chanmi?"

His eyes landed on his car keys and he raced to his car, ignoring his secretary. He sped off towards her house and rang her doorbell before pounding on her door when she wasn't responding. He made sure no one was around before putting in the code, smirking when the door unlocked. The house was a complete mess, dirty clothes lying everywhere and dirty dished piled high in the sink.

Pororo raced to him, wagging her tail before running away. Baekhyun searched the house and frowned when he realized Chanmi wasn't home. He went back to his car and tapped his chin.

"Where the hell could she be?"

He snapped his fingers as he drove to her bookstore. Baekhyun frowned even more when he saw Chanmi standing in front of an abnormally tall boy. She was holding onto a cheap teddy bear before the boy placed a headband on her. Baekhyun made a gagging noise as he waved goodbye, like a little puppy. Chanmi waved goodbye as well and headed inside her store. He rushed in after her and crossed his arms when she jumped up and down.

"I love him!" Chanmi waved her hands around like a maniac, "I love everything about him!"

"Why didn't you answer my calls or texts?" Baekhyun asked, "Were you too busy to even reply?"

"Oppa," She smiled, "He won this for me!"

"And? It looks cheap."

"But I liked it."

Chanmi raised her hand to smack Baekhyun before going back to her teddy bear. She looked around the store and decided to place it on top of a shelf. He stared at her and rolled his eyes before throwing it up for her.

"It looks nice, right?" She straightened the bow, "Makes the store pop more."

"If you say so."

She turned to him and pushed him out of the store before locking it up. Baekhyun snorted when Chanmi slipped into his car and waved for him to get it in. They headed to her apartment and ordered some food since she was still starving. 

"So you liked him?" Baekhyun asked as she changed, "Should I call off the other dates?"

"I do like him," Chanmi called out, "But I want to see my options first."

"Are you sure? He seemed to like you a lot."

"I do too but I want to make sure that I experience everything."

Chanmi walked towards the wall and made a checkmark next to Chanyeol's profile. She turned to Baekhyun and sat down besides him as he pulled out a small paper.

"That's your next date," Baekhyun cleared his throat, "Brace yourself."

"Why?"

"You'll see."

Baekhyun covered his ears as she screamed in horror. Chanmi kicked her legs all over when she saw the name. She crawled into a ball and pretended to cry.

"I don't want to!" Chanmi moaned, "He scares me."

"What? Why?"

"Because," She stood up with a horrified expression, "He likes to clean."

••••••••

"I'm home!"

Chanyeol danced his way towards his bedroom, skipping past Sehun and D.O who were watching tv. They stared at each other as he began to sing, his deep voice cracking as he tried a high note. 

"How was it?" Sehun asked, "Was it fun?"

"Of course it was! She's so... so... I don't even know!"

"Where did you go?" D.O asked, "Please don't say..."

"The amusement park," Chanyeol yelled, "Why?"

D.O shook his head and ran a hand through his hair. He could hear Sehun laugh to himself and his claps were louder than the tv. They had told him not to go to the amusement park since girls wanted something more romantic. But childish Chanyeol didn't know any better.

Sehun's laughs stopped when Chanyeol started to sing again, his voice sounding like someone was killing him. He stepped out of his room and began to strangle the both of them, his y laugh hurting their ears.

"She was really nice," Chanyeol sighed, "And her jokes were so bad."

"And you liked that?" Sehun asked, "I'm sure they were better than yours."

"Oh god," D.O gasped, "They can't be as bad as that."

Chanyeol sat down in front of them, his body covering the tv. He swayed back and forth as he smiled. He didn't notice their stares or their widening eyes. 

"Is that face paint?" Sehun asked, "What are you supposed to be?"

"Iron man."

D.O shook his head and chuckled, "She's definitely the one. Who else could be as weird as you?"

••••••••

author's corner;

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who subscribed and upvoted! Like I would seriously give you all hugs and kisses but that's weird. So some of you have asked about the title and about the OC. I won't spoil anything but the title will be explained throughout the story so just stay tuned. And as for the OC /blushes deeply/ I gathered the inspiration from my own personal experiences and for my obsession with straws (yes I do collect them but not as crazy as Chanmi). 
 
Ahhh! This chapter is terrible and so not fluffy/cute/romantic. I seriously tried my best guys but this genre is too hard! /shakes head/. Anyways, please leave many comments and upvote! Please do that for me? ^^ I really hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and I'm sorry if it . I'll try to do my best next chapter! And I have decided to sail on this ship. MiYeol for life! 

tumblr_n1tl5sN39f1tsw4i2o1_500.gif 

#benedictbabyismine

Also, please feel free to check out my other stories:
The Wolves Series: