Trial and Error

How I Met Byun Baekhyun

“What do you think of this one?”

Chanmi stared at Baekhyun who was looking at the large selecetion of dish sets. The moment he stepped inside her apartment he took full control of everything. From forcing Chanmi to get dressed and brushing her hair to even pushing her inside his car. She was supposed to help Baekhyun unpack but he decided that to truly feel at home, he needed to get new things for the apartment. So with a promise of a meal with only meat Baekhyun was able to get her out of the house.

“I don’t understand what the big deal of matching sets are? As long as you have a plate and utensils you’re good.”

“It shows that you actually care about yourself and your home.”

“But it shouldn’t matter since I live alone.”

Baekhyun turned to her and simply shrugged. He strolled through the aisles with the cart in front of him and Chanmi behind him. They have been already inside the store for over an hour and all they had was his shampoo and her favorite cookies.

“Can we get plastic ones?”

“What?” Baekhyun said in disbelief, “Plastic cups?”

“Yeah, they’re easier to clean and don’t break.”

Chanmi pointed at a dish set made specifically for children. There was cartoon characters all over it and the sizes were too small for them to hold anything substantial. She walked over towards them and examined them while Baekhyun stood behind her with annoyed eyes. She felt a tap on her shoulder and turned to stare at an older women with smiling eyes.

"Those are really good dishes. No matter how many times my son throws it on the ground they don't break at all."

"Really?" Chanmi nodded, "We have had some accidents and you should see how many plates and cups were broken."

Baekhyun walked over and smiled at the woman before putting back the cup that was in Chanmi's hands. He walked over to a set he had been eyeing that was a simple teal green color. His ears perked up when he heard Chanmi exclaim at something the woman said. Slowly, he walked backwards and tried to listen in on their conversation.

"No. You have it all wrong!"

"Really? I'm so sorry. I just thought you were since you looked so happy and nice together."

"No, no. He's just my... my... older brother! He recently moved back to Korea and I'm helping him with buying things for his apartment!"

Baekhyun turned around so fast that he felt his neck almost break. He stared in disbelief as Chanmi walked over and brought him and smacked his arm and laughed a little too loudly. His face grew red as the woman simply nodded and laughed before walking away. He looked over at Chanmi as she stared down at her stomach.

"What the hell was that about?"

"Oh my god. I can't believe this!"

She looked down at her stomach and grabbed the nonexistent fat that was on it. Her eyes grew watery and she glanced at Baekhyun as his expression grew more and more confused. He stared at her stomach as well and shook his head in disbelief when he realized what she meant.

"Did she think me and you were married?", Baekhyun laughed, "She thought we were baby shopping!?"

"She said that she thought we were newlyweds because we were looking at home stuff and saw the kid stuff in my hands."

"Is that why you practically screamed?"

"Of course! Being married to you would be the worst thing in the world!"

"Hey!" He frowned, "What's wrong with me?"

Chanmi looked at him up and down, "You don't want to know."

Baekhyun scoffed, "At least I wasn't mistaken for looking pregnant."

He moved towards the aisle but stopped when he heard Chanmi whimper. He turned to stare at her as she kept touching her stomach. She wasn't exactly tall but her body was strangely too skinny. Considering how much she ate and how she always went to the bathroom, it was strange to be able to see the outlines of her bones underneath her thick sweater. Maybe he just wasn't paying enough attention or her metabolism was graced by the Gods themselves. Before he could mention anything to her, she covered her face.

"Oppa," Chanmi whimpered, "Do I look fat enough that someone can think I'm pregnant?"

Baekhyun kept his mouth shut as he walked away. If he said no, she would accuse him of lying. If he said yes, his blood would spill all over the waxed floors. He made it to the end of the aisle before his sweater was snatched back and he almost fell on the floor. Chanmi had her head turned away and her grasp on his sweater grew tighter.

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"What?"

"I said," Her teeth clenched, "Why didn't you say whether I looked fat or not?"

"That's because," Baekhyun struggled against her grasp, "If I said anything at all you would have misunderstood what I meant."

She let go and walked towards the next aisle. He followed after her and his mind raced on how to fix this situation. Baekhyun was never great at dealing with women. He either recieved a large smile or a loud slap, there really was no inbetween. It was always a surprise to him whenever his clients thanked him for being so kind. But if it made him get to his goal of becoming the matchmaking king, he would do anything.

"Chanmi, I never said you were fat."

"But you didn't say I wasn't either."

"That's because the idea was so ridiculous I couldn't say anything at all!"

"Yeah right."

They finished shopping and headed to a nearby restaurant. Chanmi immediately perked up and she felt water as she saw the stack of meat the waiter laid on the table. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and forced a smile as he cooked the meat for her. As she reached for meat, he smacked the chopsticks away.

"Now that I have your attention, we need to discuss what you're going to do about the blind dates."

"I thought I was just gonna act like I normally act."

"What? No you're not."

"I'm not?"

Baekhyun shook his hands and leaned in closer. She did the same and her eyebrows furrowed. She was confused about what was going on. The whole point of continuing the blind dates was to show them how she really was. That's why Baekhyun couldn't help her with the dates anymore. So what the fudge was going on?

"You're going to act like you do but you'll only show it bit by bit."

"What?"

He took a deep breath, "You're not going to unleash straw-loving lazy Chanmi until you have them in the palm of your hands."

"So basically act like how I was acting before but show them just a little bit of who I am?"

"Exactly! They'll never like you if act the way you always do."

Chanmi scoffed and shook her head in disbelief. She was still going to lie to them! How could she start a relationship based off of lies? She could feel her stomach twisting. Baekhyun didn't care about letting them get to know who she was. But then something hit her as her mind raced. Even Baekhyun didn't know the real her. What made her think that her twelve dates would even consider her at all. If Baekhyun didn't like this side of her that he has always seen, how could she have the courage to unleash all her deepest darkest to twelve strangers. Or even Baekhyun for that fact.

'That's right Chanmi, you need them to like you first. You can't act crazy like Baekhyun told you to.'

"Ok," Her voice grew weak, "I can do that."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah," She could feel her heart crumble slowly, "It's not like they'll automatically reject me, right?"

'Boys like girls with a nice personality.'

"Of course not! You just need to find a match between the twelve of them and I can finally be the matchmaking king!"

'That's right,' She held back her tears, 'That's all he cares about.'

"Right. You'll be the matchmaking king. That's all that's important."

"Who knows?" Baekhyun laughed, "Maybe you'll finally meet your Prince Charming!"

••••••••

author's corner; 

So I finally updated!! I'm so sorry for taking forever but I had midterm exams and massive amounts of studying and homework to do. I will try my best to keep posting chapters so I can finally finish this fanfic! I'm worried it'll be too long and bad as I continue writing. I hope all of you keeo enjoying it even though I feel it's getting more and more repetitive. But I'm afraid of skipping ahead because then the story won't make sense. Hopefully the story doesn't go over 70 chapters but there's a possibility it might. Is That Ok with Everyone??  LOL. I want to thank everyone who has subscribed, upvoted and commented. It means a lot to me. 

PLEASE CHECK OUT MY NEW STORY! IT FELT LIKE LOVE ft Sehun and Chanyeol

ANNOUNCEMENT:

I would like to have someone make a trailer for HIMBB using this song(Needle&Gem- Dawn from Cheese in the Trap should the link not work) I want a new trailer so that it can focus more on Chanmi and her relationships with all of EXO and also her development from happy and clueless Chanmi into a more serious and sadder Chanmi.

I will give 2,000 Karma Points to the person that makes the best trailer and 1,000 points to whoever I pick as a runner-up. Both of your trailers will be used. Also, I will give 300 points to anyone who participates. You can PM the link :D

ALSO, CAN I GET SOME WATER TO CONTROL MY THIRST FOR JAEHYUN!?!?

tumblr_o5aqg8njgh1uqo7yno3_540.gif