Bowling Games and Subway Rides

How I Met Byun Baekhyun

"So what's the plan?"

"Plan?"

Jongin frowned as Chanmi leaned in closer as she made sure none of the other couples were listening. They barely managed to get into fourth place since Chanmi wasn't a good player. He frowned deeper as his mind spun with ideas. To be honest, Jongin didn't care about winning until they announced that anyone who was in the top 3 would get a certificate for a meal worth up to $100.

"Yeah, the plan," Chanmi continued, "I'm not as good as you but I really want to win."

"Me too."

Jongin motioned for her to get closer and grabbed her hand gently before pulling her away from the crowd. He moved her in front of him but hesitated as she stiffened. Chanmi stepped back and awkwardly smiled. She wasn't sure what he wanted to do and mentally kicked herself for leaving the pepper spray in her bag.

"Sorry," Jongin murmured, "I was just trying to help you with your stance."

"That's fine," Chanmi brightened, "Show me!"

She focused her attention as Jongin explained to her that knowing the techniques were better than just praying for good luck. Her eyes roamed across his lean figure as he stretched. His dress shirt slipped up slightly and she grew red when she noticed his lean abs. She fanned herself as he bit his thick lips as he turned to her.

"Remember Chanmi," Jongin continued, "Even if we don't win, this will help you later in life."

"Got it."



"Do you think she's having fun?"

"Why wouldn't she?"

"Do you think she likes him?"

"I would."

"More than me?"

Baekhyun winced as Eunji kicked him off the couch. He rubbed his side as he slid next to her. The night was dark and lonely for Baekhyun so he invited himself over for dinner at her house. She pretended to hit him as he pretended to cry. Eunji rolled her eyes as he started asking questions she had no interest in answering.

"Can you please stop?"

"Why?"

"Because," Eunji pinched him, "It's getting annoying."

"If you had to choose one of them," Baekhyun wondered, "Who would you pick?"

"The rich one."

"There's three."

"Then all three I guess."

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and smacked the back of her head. He dodged the pillow she threw at him and headed to the kitchen. His aunt was finishing up and she help out a spoon so he could taste it. She laughed as he coughed when the spiciness of it hit his tongue.

"Are you trying to kill me?" Baekhyun gasped, "I can't believe you are on Eunji's side."

"I'm not on anyone's side, Mrs. Song laughed, "You used to like spicy stuff."

"Chanmi doesn't like eating spicy things so I haven't eaten stuff like that in a while."

"Really?"

Baekhyun shrugged, "She eats more vegetables but binge-eats meat once in a while."

"I see."

Mrs. Song chuckled as Baekhyun kept talking about the way Chanmi cooks. It's so bad that he can't get the taste out even days after he eats it. But he really loves the ramen she makes since it's cooked just right. He also enjoys the way she eats since she would always glance at him and smile whenever he serves himself again.

"My poor Baekhyun."

"What?"

Mrs. Song smiled, "You've got it bad."



"Are you upset?"

"No, why would I be?"

Jongin sighed as they slipped outside. They didn't manage to win third place and Jongin felt terrible. It was only their second date and he showed Chanmi how much of an idiot he was. He really wanted to impress her but he messed up on the final round. Just like his score, his hopes and dreams crashed to the ground.

"Chanmi, I'm sor-"

"That was so much fun!"

Chanmi burst out laughing as Jongin stared at her. She turned to face him and pretended to bowl before falling to the ground. Her laughter grew louder as his face grew red. She stood up and brushed away her tears.

"How did you even fall!?"

"The floor was slippery!"

"No it wasn't!"

Jongin laughed as Chanmi struggled to breathe. She calmed herself down as people stared at her. He grabbed his wallet and felt his own tears forming when he realized he didn't have enough to buy her a decent meal.

"I really want some fish cakes."

"Fish cakes?"

Chanmi nodded as she pointed to a food cart. She grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the cart before ordering. He positioned himself closer so that the wind wasn't hitting her full force.

"Are you sure you want to eat this?" Jongin pressed, "We can get something else."

"I mean it! I haven't eaten this since I was in high school."

They ate in silence as they struggled to find something to talk about. Chanmi wanted to ask if he was all right but wondered if bringing it up might embarrass him more. Jongin wanted to ask if he saw him looking at his wallet. He glanced at her and noticed her struggling to control her shivering.

"Here."

Chanmi blushed as Jongin took off his sweater and wrapped it around her. He pushed her slightly so that she was in front of him and closer to the warm food. She snuggled in deeper inside to control her racing heart.

"Thank you."

"No problem."

They quickly finished eating and headed to the subway. Chanmi smiled as Jongin followed after her as he insisted on taking her home. The worls was a scary place and a beautiful woman like her would be in danger.

'He called me a beautiful woman'

They stepped inside the train and stood near the doors since the train was a bit crowded. Chanmi took off the sweater and blushed when Jongin put it back on her. He pretended to act nonchalant when her smile grew bigger and her cheeks turned rosy.

"You look pretty today."

"Huh?"

Jongin cleared his throat, "I said you look pretty today."

"Thank you," Chanmi giggled, "And you look handsome today."

They avoided each other's gazes as the train kept getting full. Chanmi winced as someone pushed her closer to the doors and she hit herself. She rubbed her shoulders and gasped when she was pulled gently into the corner.

Jongin smiled as he leaned his arm against the door while also holding onto a railing. He had created a small bubble so that she wouldn't get hurt.

"Are you okay?" Jongin murmured, "Does your shoulder hurt?"

"I'm fine."

Chanmi bit her lips as he was pushed just a little closer. She looked up and stared in awe at his sharp jawline and plump lips. He was even more beautiful up close than in the pictures. Chanmi reached out to wipe away the sweat on his forehead. Jongin turned to her and smiled widely at her cool hands on his head. She pulled back but stopped as he placed his cheeks against her hands.

"That feels nice."

"Really?"

"Yes."

Chanmi giggled, "Is there anywhere else you need me to touch?"

Jongin burst out laughing as she grew red when she realized how dirty that sounded. Chanmi covered her face as people around them turned to look at her. He stopped laughing as she smacked his arms to make him stop. Jongin chuckled as she glared at him. Her small pout was too cute for him to handle.

Chanmi sighed, "I guess this makes you regret agreeing to go on more dates with me."

"No it doesn't."

"Liar."

"It's a little to early to decide that," Jongin winked, "Besides I'm really interested where you want to touch me."

Chanmi's eyes glistened, "That depends on what you buy me for dinner next time. I'm not an easy girl."

 

••••••••

author's corner;

So sorry! I updated a bit later than what I had promised. Please forgive me! This chapter isn't that great but I hope everyone enjoyed it. I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter so please don't forget to comment! I will try to update again this week but if not, sorry in advance! Please let me know what you thought of this date cause tbh I feel my writing is getting worse. Why o why is romcom so hard! Props to anyone who writes romcom!