Transformation and Boy Sensation

How I Met Byun Baekhyun

"What am I thinking? What's wrong with me? Why is my chest hurting?"

Chanmi paced inside her bedroom as she pressed her hand against her chest. She could feel her body grow warm as she remembers having Baekhyun's face so close to her. The way his hand felt as he brushed back her hair and his soft voice when he worried for her. She slapped herself across the face and winced in pain.

"Chanmi? Are you okay?"

Baekhyun knocked on her door and she stopped breathing. She swallowed and moved towards the door. She put all her weight on it and pressed her ears to the door. There was another soft knock and his voice was warm.

"Chanmi?"

"I'm fine! Just a bit scared!"

"Are you sure?" Baekhyun's voice was soft, "Do you want to watch something else?"

Chanmi opened her door just a bit and looked straight into Baekhyun's eyes. They were warm and she gulped when his mouth turned into a wide smile. She shook her head to clear it and awkwardly smiled.

"Sure," Her voice was a little too high, "Let's watch something else."

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

"Are you cold?"

"Huh?"

Eunji pointed at her thick blanket, "I was asking if you were cold."

Chanmi looked down at her blanket and nodded her head. She was sitting at the far end of the couch and had wrapped herself up. Maybe it was because the movie had ended or the thunderstorm outside, but she just needed to wrap herself up. She glanced at Baekhyun who stared at her curiously but made no point to ask what was wrong. He locked eyes with Chanmi and smiled which was enough for her to start freaking out.

"I guess I am."

"Well," Eunji stood up, "I think I should go now. The rain stopped and I have to work tomorrow."

Eunji threw her coat on and headed towards the door but stopped when Chanmi tugged on her hand. She shook her head desperately and pulled her hand back. Eunji frowned when she noticed the panicked look on her face. Her face was red and had drops of sweat.

"Are you okay? You look sick."

"I thought you were going to spend the night?"

"Sleepover? I can't."

Chanmi's mind scrambled as she tried to figure out a way to make Eunji stay. She didn't think she would be able to stay calm once she leaves. It was too early to go to sleep and there was no way she was going to stay with Baekhyun alone.

"Are you sure?" Chanmi sighed, "I was hoping you would stay."

"Sorry Chanmi. Maybe next time."

Eunji gave her a big hug and headed out. She waved goodbye before walking out the door. Baekhyun turned to Chanmi and frowned when he noticed her red face. He reached out and placed his hand on her forehead. It was a bit warm but not enough to worry about. What he didn't notice was her squirming underneath his touch.

"Are you sure you aren't sick?" Baekhyun frowned, "You look out of it."

Chanmi managed to pull away and she stood up. Without a word, she bowed good night and ran inside her room. It wasn't enough that she was acting like an idiot but she didn't like what was going on. It was too soon to be feeling this way. She didn't want to feel this way.

"Chanmi?"

Baekhyun's voice made her stop in her thoughts and her stomach twisted when she heard him again. It was soft and sweet and it made her stomach twist and turn. Imagine if she saw his face as he whispered her name. Just the thought of it made her knees weak.

"Yeah?"

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yes."

"Do you have a date tomorrow?"

Chanmi's face hardened and she turned to stare at her closet. Her favorite tattered clothes were hanging while the nicer ones were on the floor. She walked towards it and shut the door. It was stupid of her to think anything was going to happen. It was stupid of her to wish something would happen.

Boys don't like girls who just have a nice personality. Boys liked girls who were pretty, rich and didn't hate themselves. Boys liked girls who were confident and who were skinny. Boys didn't like girls who are weird and have straw collections.

Boys like Baekhyun didn't like girls like Chanmi.

"Chanmi?"

"Yes." Chanmi stared at her hands, "I do have a date tomorrow."

"Really? Good luck and make me proud."

She blinked away her tears and slipped inside her bed. If only she could go to sleep and never wake up. If she did have to wake up, at least let her wake up knowing that there was a boy out there that could handle her. A boy out there that could love who she is.

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

"Chanmi! Pick up your phone!"

Chanmi forced her eyes to open and grabbed her phone off the floor. She winced when the bright light of it burned her eyes as she checked to see who it was. Without a word she answered it and sighed when the loud voice on the other line yelled.

"Chanmi! Why didn't you call me!?"

"I was going to but forgot. Stop yelling!"

"Did you just yell at me!?"

She rolled her eyes as the person began to list the things he was going to do once he saw her. From shaving her head to destroying any chances of her getting a job, it wasn't anything new. All it did was just make her sleepy listening to him rant.

"Oppa."

He immediately stopped yelling, "Is something wrong?"

"No. I just wanted to say I'm sorry for not calling to say happy birthday."

"It's okay as long as you're okay. I didn't need to be reminded that I'm getting old."

"You're not getting old just ugly."

There was laughing on the other line and she wiped away the tears forming. It's been a while since she heard her brother laughing at something she said. Maybe it was her having a bad day or her being emotional but she missed him like crazy. She almost forgot how much she hated him.

"How's it going? Anything new?"

"No. Same old same old."

"Mom wanted me to call you. She's worried you know. She keeps getting calls about you not going to the appointments."

"She doesn't need to worry. She's never worried before so why now. If she was worried she would have stayed and not gone to where you were."

"I know. I'm sorry."

Chanmi wiped her eyes and took a deep breath. She listened to her brother telling her about school and how hard it is and how much he misses her. Her eyes grew heavy as he spoke. It reminded her of the old days when everything was normal. When she was normal.

"It's early there isn't it? Go to sleep and call me when you can."

"I will. I'll call you later today."

"Good night Chanmi. I'll see you sooner than you think."

"Okay. Good night oppa."

Chanmi snuggled deeper into her bed and drifted off to sleep. Everything was going to be fine. All she needed to do was to find someone who can not only be her boyfriend but someone who will be her best friend. Someone who ate her food even though it tasted terribly. Someone who doesn't mind if she's bad at cleaning. Someone who laughed at her terrible jokes.

Someone like Baekhyun.

She balled her hands into fists and nodded, "Screw boys who like skinny pretty girls. I'm going to find a man who likes me for me. No more worrying and acting like someone I'm not. If I don't find one, then screw it. I'll love myself."

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

 

author's corner;

I am so sorry for not updating sooner. I've been so busy with school and it finally slowed down a bit. Hopefully you enjoyed this chapter and if not, let me know why! I think this is an important chapter because we will finally see Chanmi take control of her life and not worry about hiding who she is. It will definitely make for some fun adventures in the near future. Maybe this will help narrow down our Chanmi's potential man.

Please upvote and subscribe if you enjoyed this chapter! If you do unsubscribe, please let me know (in message) why you did and how I can improve the story/my writing. Have a wonderful week everyone! I love you!

Image result for 9th doctor fantastic gif

P.S I MIGHT CHANGE TITLE OF CHAPTER IF IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE TO PEOPLE