Awkward

How I Met Byun Baekhyun

"So what do you think?"

"I-I-I don't know."

Baekhyun frowned as Chanmi leaned closer to stare at the three folders in front of her. She kept glancing at him as she reread the profiles for the nth time. She jumped in surprise as Baekhyun cleared his throat.

"What do you mean you don't know?" He sighed, "They're not bad."

"I know."

"Then?"

Chanmi brushed back her hair and sighed, "But they won't go for a girl like me."

"Chanmi, what did I say about boys and girls?" Baekhyun smiled softly, "Didn't I teach you already?"

"That boys like girls with a nice personality," She looked up, "Which I have."

"But?"

"But they don't seem like the type of guys that would like a girl who's obsessed with straws and can barely afford to live off a meager salary."

"I thought you owned that book store?" Baekhyun narrowed his eyes, "And you're apartment is in a really nice area."

"I know," Chanmi nodded, "My parents gave them to me when they moved to Canada."

"Really? I thought you were an orphan."

"You didn't look at my profile? It should be there."

Baekhyun shook his head as he walked towards his desk. He reached into a drawer marked "Incomplete" and shuddered when he felt Chanmis' lonely folder slip into his hands. He walked back towards her and read through the information out loud for Chanmi to hear.

"Park Chanmi, age 21. Birthdate: January 10, 1993. Capricorn," Baekhyun looked up with a smirk, "170 cm and 45 kg. Blood type A and both parents deceased with no siblings," He took a deep breath, "Studied for a year at Ehwa's Women's University for Literature. Owner of a bookstore and has a nice personality. Quite plain but she has many charms. As for additional notes, has a small obsession for straws and good books," Baekhyun ran a hand through his hair and turned to Chanmi, "Is any of this even true?"

"Aish," Chanmi winced, "Why did she have to lie so much!?"

"Who!?" He cried out, "Who lied!?"

Chanmi gave Baekhyun an awkward smile and pulled out a sheet of paper out of her tattered bag. She wordlessly handed it to him before brushing back her hair. Her hands trembled slightly as she waited for Baekhyun to read it.

"To be honest," She pointed at the paper, "My face looks really nice there."

He gave her a forced smile as he read the new profile. His eyes grew wide with surprise and frustration as he noticed the changes. His hair grew more and more messed up as his hands shook through them.

"What the hell Chanmi!?" Baekhyun yelled, "You could have told me this beforehand."

The sheet of paper fell onto the paper and they both turned to stare at it. Unlike Baekhyuns' angry grimace, Chanmi had an awkward smile.



Picture:

tumblr_mm2v7hAyZj1rw6mzwo1_500.jpg

Name:

Park Chanmi

Birth date and Zodiac Sign:

January 10, 1994

Capricorn

Age:

22

Height and Weight:

165 cm and 48 kg

Blood type:

A

Family:

Both parents alive and emigrated to Canada. 

One older sibling, a brother 4 years older.

Nationality:

Korean

Education:

Graduated high school.

Occupation:

Owner of a book store. Also has a part time job at a clothing store.

Personality:

Strange but pretty. Nice person but a bit forgetful and sweet. 

Additional Notes:

Obsessions with straws and books. She is able to play piano quite well and has a certificate in Korean cooking.



"I made some changes," Chanmi coughed, "Not a lot though."

"Apparently having dead parents/siblings and not going to college isn't a lot," Baekhyun rolled his eyes, "What else have you been lying about?"

"Nothing. I didn't know my friend wrote all that."

"Why didn't you to college?"

"Because," She looked away, "I'm not exactly smart or hard-working."

"Why?" He frowned, "You seem pretty smart to me."

"Not really. I'm not like those other girls."

"Those other girls are so boring."

Chanmi looked up at Baekhyun with a wide smile and nodded. She reached out to grab his hands and gave him a wink. Baekhyun pulled back slightly and genuinely smiled as she jumped up and down in her seat.

"Right?" Chanmi giggled, "There has to be someone who falls in love with me."

"Of course," Baekhyun chuckled, "That's why I'm here for," He thumped her nose, "Oppa will make sure to find someone good for you."

"Oppa? I thought you hated it when I called you that."

"It's been almost six months since we've met. And I am older than you."

She tapped her chin as she thought over what he said. Baekhyun shook his head and smiled when she gave him a thumbs up. Snatching the folder from his hands, Chanmi slipped the revised profile inside. She turned back to the three folders and took a deep breath.

"Okay." Chanmi raised a fist, "I'm a girl with a nice personality. I can make them like me."

"Good," Baekhyun nodded, "I like the way you think."

"I can do this."

"We can do this."

Chanmi stood up and grabbed the folders off the table. She gave Baekhyun a high five and walked towards the door. Not long after she stepped out, a loud crash was heard. He stood up and ran towards the door, only to have her smile at him in embarrassment. Her legs were tangled in the cords that were jumbled by the door. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and snatched a pen off her open purse. Without hesitation he made a note inside her new profile.

"Let's add clumsiness to additional notes," He sighed, "I better make sure to have a spare sheet lying around."

"I did it on purpose," Chanmi snapped, "I didn't want anyone else to fall."

"Of course you didn't."

"I hate you."

Baekhyun crouched down besides her and shook his head, "You can't hate me. You need me."

"No I don't," Chanmi leaned closer, "I'm a strong and independent woman."

"Who told you that big lie?"

"You did."

He rubbed the back of his neck and flinched. She tried standing up but kept falling since one of her heels was on the other side of the room. Baekhyun helped her up and chuckled.

"I should really write down the things I said, huh?"

"Maybe you should have like an expected answers/compliment folder?" Chanmi rolled her eyes, "It'll be easier to remember them."

"Now Chanmi," Baekhyun frowned, "You shouldn't be so mean to oppa."

"Oppa? My oppa is in Canada."

"Don't get mad when I yell at you, okay?"

"Don't worry oppa," Chanmi brushed away her hair as she fixed her heels, "I'll do my best to make sure you earn your 100%."

"That's all I'm asking."

Chanmi fixed her bag and grabbed the three folders off the floor. She turned to wave at Ms. Song, Baekhyun's secretary and her new friend, before heading towards the door. Baekhyun waited patiently for her to walk out and sighed when he heard her scream. He looked out the window and laughed when he noticed her rubbing her knees.

"Of course," Baekhyun muttered, "Chanmi always manages to surprise me."

••••••••

✉ author's corner;

Hello! I am so sorry for not updating sooner. I hope this makes up for it (maybe? maybe not?) So feel free to comment below and leave your opinions. I am so bad at jokes and fluff but I will try my best. Thanks again! 

Here's some cute Kai for you!

tumblr_n03onyJvqJ1qb9v7mo1_500.gif