Fried Chicken

How I Met Byun Baekhyun

"Water... give me water."

Chanmi rolled around before smashing her face against the floor. With a whimpering cry she stood up before grasping the couch, suddenly feeling dizzy. She opened her eyes wider as she tried to focus but her head grew fuzzy. Pororo's ears perked up as he followed after Chanmi who was crawling on the ground. 

"Pororo! Mommy is still drunk."

Mustering up all her strength, Chanmi leaned her back against the bathroom wall as she struggled to wash her face. Her hair was still straight but she could feel the knots hidden underneath her thick hair. Her dark circles went all the way down to her chin while her eyes were still red. She let out a burp and gagged when she smelled her breath.

"Ah!" She screamed, "Hot! The water's hot!"

After brushing her teeth and washing her face Chanmi headed back to her bedroom, desperate to go back to sleep. Her eyes landed on the alarm clock on her nightstand and she let out a pterodactyl scream. Being the clumsy girl that she was, she tripped over Pororo as she ran towards her closet. Pororo rushed over to Chanmi and her knee to apologize. She rubbed his head before patting her knee to numb the pain. The closet door flung open and she quickly changed into a simple t-shirt and shorts. She grabbed her bag and ran towards the door.

"Phone!" Chanmi cried out, "My phone!"

Her eyes landed on the broken cell and she rubbed her face in frustration. Pushing Pororo lightly out of the way, she scrambled to put it back together. She could feel her eyes start to water when it didn't turn on, making her throw it onto the floor. Chanmi searched her house and sighed when she slipped her Hello Kitty wristwatch over her hand.

Maneuvering through the bottles of soju she slipped on her dirty and torn shoes before heading out. People stared at her strangely as she dodged them while running. The door to her bookstore flew open and she grabbed the phone, jumping up and down as the call went through.

"Hello this is Byun Matchmaking, you're speaking with Eunji. How can I help you?"

"Unni!"

"Chanmi?"

Chanmi nodded her head as she glanced at her watch, "Yeah, it's me. I just needed to know where I was supposed to go for my date."

"Sure, I'll text it to you."

"I accidently broke my phone so I won't get it. Can you just tell me? I'll write it down."

"Sure. You're supposed to go to Kkamjong café to meet up with a Mr. Jongin."

"At what time?"

"Oh god," Eunji breathed, "You're late! Yah! Get off the phone and run!"

Chanmi slammed the phone down and locked the door before running off again. She waved her arms around, almost smacking them into an old lady as she tried to flag down a taxi. Having the bad luck that she had, all the taxi drivers ignored her. The air seemed to grow thicker as she ran forcing her to stop and catch her breath. Her light green shirt grew damp with sweat as she stopped in front of the large café. The place was full of couples and single people. Chanmi grabbed a handful of napkins and wiped herself down before looking for her date. Her hands started to shake as she practically shoved her face into the men who were alone. Her lips curved into an awkward smile as she bowed in apology.

"Dark skin, thick lips," She murmured to herself, "Dark skin, thick lips and a good body."

A warm hand reached for her wrist and she looked down to stare into a man with dark skin, thick lips and a good body. He stood up and smiled widely before pointing at himself.

"You must have been talking about me," He laughed, "I'm Kim Jongin but you can call me Kai."

"Oh!" Chanmi exclaimed, "I'm so sorry for being late! I'm Park Chanmi."

"That's fine. I just got here myself."

She glanced at the table and frowned when she saw an empty coffee mug and torn napkins. Kai noticed her expression and he balled up the napkins before slipping it inside his pocket. He motioned for her to sit down and calmly placed his face in his hands. Her shirt was still a bit wet and he saw the tangled curls in her hair. There was a certain smell coming from her that caused him to giggle softly. The thing that caught his eye was the bright pink watch on her wrist.

"Had a fun night?"

"Huh?"

"They didn't tell me you liked to go clubbing," Kai smirked, "You must have partied pretty hard last night."

"I... I didn't go clubbing," Chanmi struggled, "I just drank a little last night."

"Then why are your eyes so red?"

"Allergies?"

"Right."

Kai forced himself not to laugh as Chanmi blushed as she brushed back her hair. She burped a little and kept blinking her eyes to stop the light from hurting them. Her forehead creased as she rubbed her temples, her hangover starting. She looked up when it suddenly went dark. Kai stared at her curiously as he sat up straighter, blocking the sunlight from hitting her. They stared at each other in silence, Chanmi trying to stay sober while he narrowed his eyes.

"Have you eaten yet?" He blinked, "You should eat something so your head will stop hurting."

"Not yet," She confessed, "I didn't want to risk it."

"Well I know the perfect food for a hangover."

••••••••

"Fried chicken?"

"The feast of the gods."

Chanmi swallowed at the three boxes full of chicken, steam radiating from them. She lips her lips as she reached out to grab some but suddenly stopped. A little voice in her head was yelling at her.

'Remember, boys don't like girls to eat too much on the first date.'

"What are you waiting for?" Kai frowned, "Dig in."

"I'm not that hungry. You go ahead and eat."

Kai scoffed and looked at her with judging eyes. He grabbed her plate and dumped as much chicken as the plate could fit. She stared at the pile and pushed it away slightly, wrapping her arms around her growling stomach.

"Right," He nodded, "You're not hungry. That's what they all say."

"Excuse me?"

"First they act all cute and pretend not to be hungry to show that they're delicate and helpless. Then they think it's best to pretend to be someone else so that the boy will like them better. Am I wrong?"

Chanmi rubbed her temple as Kai dug into his food, completely ignoring her. He looked up when she cleared . She blinked back at him as she pulled the plate closer to her.

"No, you're wrong," She blurted out, "I can eat all of this by myself and even more."

"Then why aren't you eating?"

"Because there's no beer."

"That's right," Kai laughed, "Fried chicken doesn't taste right without some good cold beer."

••••••••

"Don't you dare."

"You practically ate everything!"

"And? It's supposed to be a date remember?"

Kai flicked Chanmi's hand away as he grabbed the last piece of chicken. He stuck out his tongue when she cursed. She rolled her eyes and gulped down her beer, sighing in pleasure. She jumped a bit when a half eaten piece of chicken was shoved into her face. Kai opened his mouth and chuckled when she did the same. He smiled when she started eating it before smiling back at him. 

"Feeling better?"

"Yeah, definitely."

"So what should we do now?" Kai tapped his chin, "We should do something fun."

"Like what?" Chanmi swallowed, "Movie? Coffee?"

"That's boring."

"Then what do you want to do?"

Kai snapped his fingers and stood up. He grabbed some napkins and wiped Chanmi's mouth. His fingers brushed back her hair as he grabbed her hand, running out the door. They walked a few blocks before going inside a small studio. Chanmi looked down at her hand and noticed that he was still holding tightly onto her hand. Kai walked towards the wall and hit the lights. She noticed the glossy wooden floors and a nearby computer with random instruments lying around.

"Can you dance?"

"What? Why?"

"I dance after I eat chicken," He pats his stomach, "It's supposed to help with digesting."

"Oh no!" She waved her hands, "I can't dance. I have two left feet. I get a rash whenever I move around too much. My doctor said that I shouldn't dance because I'll throw up."

"It's not that hard. Come on, I'll teach you."

He ran towards the computer and some music. A slow song echoed through the small studio and he turned to see Chanmi leaning against the wall, holding on for dear life. Kai walked over to her as he slipped off his light cardigan. He held out his hand for her to take. She covered her face as he led her towards the center.

"Put your arm on my shoulder and the other one in my hand."

"I'm really bad."

"I was too."

Chanmi placed her hand on his shoulder and gasped when he pulled her closer, wrapping his arm around her waist. He grabbed her other hand and entwined his fingers with hers. He began to move and laughed silently when she struggled to move. Kai pulled her even closer and blinked when he felt her warm breath on his neck.

"Slowly," His voice grew husky, "Don't be so nervous."

"Like this?" She sounded scared, "I'm not stepping on you, am I?"

"No, of course not."

Kai looked at her as she followed after him, her eyes never leaving her feet. He stopped and pulled away slightly. Chanmi looked up and stared at his lips before looking up.

"Chanmi-ssi?"

"Yeah?"

His nose wrinkled, "You might want to tone it down on the alcohol."

••••••••

author's corner; 

So I finally managed to update! I know I probably upset some of you on what I said about Baekhyun and all the scandals. So after a lot of thinking, I decided to continue my stories. The Baekhyun I've created might not reflect the real one but this won't stop me from doing something I love. So yeah, I will be updating as soon as I can so please leave lots of comments and upvote! To be honest, I have no idea where this chapter went but I hope you guys enjoyed it. 

If you have any questions, you can always check my instagram to do that: displacedmoon

P.S. I will be creating a new story featuring Chen as the main. I will let everyone know when I will publish it. I'm still working out the kinks.