Oh Boy

How I Met Byun Baekhyun

"I thought you were going on a date today?"

"I was but I had to cancel."

"Why?"

Chanmi pointed at the window and simply shrugged. The storm outside was getting worse and she wasn't going to risk getting sick from the rain and cold. Just thinking of getting a fever is enough to scare her. She decided it was better to just cancel today's date and move it when the weather was nicer.

"Oh, that makes sense."

"Are you going to work?"

Baekhyun looked out the window and sighed when he realized he had to work. All he wanted to do was curl up on the couch and just sleep all day. His headaches were getting worse and he didn't want to go outside.

"I think so," He sighed, "I honestly just want to sleep."

He straightened his tie and walked towards the door but stopped when he felt a tug on his hand. Chanmi pulled back her hand and smiled shyly. He could feel his heart beating rapidly and it took all of his power not to melt right then and there. 

"Why don't you call in sick? You should get some rest and we can just watch movies all day. How does that sound?"

The offer was tempting and he did need a break. It wasn't like his company will collapse if he's not there. He could just push back his appointments and enjoy a mini vacation. After all, Chanmi was going to be besides him. 

Not on those stupid dates with all those hot guys.

"Well I could rest," Baekhyun nodded slowly, "I am a bit tired and the weather isn't helping at all."

"It'll be fun! We can order food and just watch movies. Nothing exciting at all," Chanmi jumped up and down, "It'll just be the two of us!"

Baekhyun's cheeks flushed red and he made a weird face when he realized she was right. It was just going to be the two of them cuddling up on the couch. It was his chance to keep Chanmi besides him. Even if it's just for one day. Chanmi's ears turned red and she could feel the heat of them as she covered them up.

"Well, it does sound like fun. Just the two of us."

"We should invite Eunji unni too!"

"Huh? Why?" 

Chanmi's voice got higher, "She's probably alone and bored. I'm going to call her!"

"NO!"

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

"Why am I here? Why did you call? I was going to sleep all day!"

Baekhyun rubbed his ears as Eunji's piercing screams filled the apartment. By the time he cried out to not invite her, Chanmi was already on the phone with her. His plans of alone time with Chanmi burst into flames as she got excited when she told him Eunji was coming over. He would have made a scene but didn't want to have to explain why he didn't want her here. Baekhyun wasn't brave enough to tell the truth, not yet.

"Why did you come?" He snapped, "You should have used that brain of yours to think."

"Well I'm sorry if I ruined your little date but I couldn't exactly refuse."

"Why not!?"

Eunji glanced at Chanmi and that was enough for him to get it. They looked at each other and realized they were both whipped. Baekhyun was in love with a girl that made him want to tear his hair out and Eunji loved a girl who made her happy without annoying her. They headed towards the living room and Eunji tossed her bag at Baekhyun.

"Unni! You're here!"

Chanmi grabbed Eunji and they jumped up and down. She pulled her towards her room and they slammed the door behind them, leaving Baekhyun alone in the living room with Eunji's bag in his hands. 

"I should have just gone to work," Baekhyun sighed, "Then I wouldn't have raised my hopes."

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

"So why did you invite me over Chanmi?"

"I don't know. I just thought about you."

Eunji looked around and frowned when she noticed how cluttered her bedroom was. There was an entire wall covered by bed sheets. Her desk was overrun by books that looked like they've never been touched. Her closet was open and there was tattered shirts and jeans hanging while her nicer clothes were on the floor covered by a sheet. Her bed had three thick comforters and it was the only thing that looked used.

She walked around it and winced when she hit something hard. She looked down to see a wooden box in the middle of the room. Eunji crouched down to open it but jumped when Chanmi quickly shut it.

"Sorry, I wasn't trying to peek."

Chanmi hands shook as she laughed, "That's ok. I should have put it away."

She pushed the box underneath her bed where there was stacks of tattered journals as well. Her room was somewhat scary as if the secrets hidden beneath the sheets would eat her alive.

"Why am I here Chanmi?" Eunji continued, "And why is Baekhyun not at work?"

"I don't know. I just didn't want to be alone."

"But Baekhyun's here, how is that alone?"

"I just thought he needed to rest," Chanmi shrugged, "I don't like seeing him tired."

"You don't? Why?"

"I don't know. I just don't like it. My heart hurt a bit."

Eunji's eyes widened for a split second, "Then why am I here?"

Chanmi cleared and awkwardly laughed, "I thought you would be tired too!"

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

"So what are we watching?"

"What are you wearing?"

"I said what are we watching."

Baekhyun stared in horror at the pajamas Eunji was wearing. They were a bright yellow color that made her look like Spongebob. Chanmi stepped out of her room wearing a bright pink pajama. He covered his eyes and pretended they were burning.

"We should watch a comedy!" Chanmi clapped her hands, "It'll take our minds off the weather."

"No," Eunji smiled mischievously, "We should watch a horror film."

They sat down on the couch and Chanmi swung a blanket over the three of them and they started watching movies. The room was quiet apart from Baekhyun's fast breathing, Eunji's snores and Chanmi's whimpers as the movie they were watching was getting scary. She leaned towards Baekhyun and grabbed his hand as the storm outside intensified the scene. He squeezed her hands in understanding and leaned closer towards her.

Just as the villain in the movie smashed through the house, the lights from the apartment went off and the apartment was pitch black. Chanmi screamed and wrapped her arms around Baekhyun. She could feel warm arms around her waist and something heavy on her head. Within a few seconds the light came back on.

Chanmi blinked her eyes and looked up to see Baekhyun staring at her in worry. Her face was just inches away from his and her breath stopped for just a second. Baekhyun reached out and wiped her hair from her face and smiled comfortingly.

"Are you okay?"

"Huh?"

"Are you scared? Should we turn it off?"

Baekhyun made no move to turn off the movie and Chanmi was frozen stiff. Her eyes wandered over his face and landed on his lips. Her face grew red and her eyes widened when she felt something strange inside her chest.

Dugeun. Dugeun.

They were interrupted when they heard a voice behind them.

"So what did I miss?" Eunji yawned, "Anything good?"

Chanmi let out a scream and pushed Baekhyun off of her as she ran into her room before slamming her door. Baekhyun stared after her in silence and he swallowed as he looked down at his arms. Eunji rubbed her eyes and nodded towards Chanmi.

"What's wrong with her?"

"I have no idea."

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

author's corner;

OMG! SO I HAVE NO IDEA WHY I JUST DID THIS!!!! DO I HAVE A PLAN!? I HAVE NO IDEA! AHHHHHHH. WHAT IS GOING ON!?!?!?

SOMEONE SAVE ME!!! THIS WASN'T SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN!  WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO NOW!?

Image result for 10th doctor screaming gif