Changing Bets and Endless Meetings

How I Met Byun Baekhyun

"So what happened is that after we got ice cream, I made a bet with him."

"Uh huh."

"So I'm flirting right? And then he starts flirting too."

"Okay."

"Then he grabs my underneath my skirt."

"That's nice."

Baekhyun looks up from his laptop when he realizes what she said and turns in full horror and anger to look up at Chanmi. He could feel his blood boil and his hands start shaking in rage. Before he could say anything, Chanmi bursts out laughing and kicking her feet up in the air. He rolls his eyes when he realizes he's been tricked and goes back to work.

"I knew you weren't listening to me."

"I was paying attention when I needed to."

Chanmi rolls onto her stomach and almost falls off the couch. Baekhyun, without hesitating, pushes her back on and turns back to his laptop. He had barely gotten home when Chanmi burst through the front door singing loudly. She skipped to her room and changed into her pyjamas before she burst into the living room. 

"Oppa, can you please pay attention to what I'm saying?"

"Chanmi, I've had a hard day of work and I am exhausted." Baekhyun smiled, "I have a lot of work to do and Eunji has been angrily texting me to finish some documents."

"I know but I thought you would want to know how my date went."

"I do but I need to finish my work."

"I understand."

Chanmi pouted and nodded her head before heading to her room. Her cheeks were still red from what happened earlier that day and she needed to tell someone about her date. She closed the door behind her and crawled into bed. There was a slight knock on her door and she smirked to herself.

"Too easy."

••••••••

"So what happened?"

Baekhyun rubs his eyes and focuses his attention to Chanmi who is busy jumping in her seat. All he wanted to do was get some rest but he hated the way she looked when she walked away. He glanced at his watch and sighed when he noticed how late it was. His eyes grew heavy but he shook himself awake and turned to smile at Chanmi.

She was acting like a teenage girl who finally got a date with her crush. The way her hands moved around and the way her eyes sparkled as she explained in detail what type of ice cream she got and how he laughed at her stupid jokes.

It was kind of cute.

"So I made a bet with him about beating him in a game I'm really good at."

"Which was?"

Chanmi giggled to herself as she tilted her head to remember what happened during her date with Luhan. She turned back to Baekhyun and noticed his dark circles and his wrinkled shirt. She knew that he needed to get some rest but she had to tell someone.

"It's kind of a long story."

"I'm sure it is." Baekhyun nodded, "But you're still going to tell me right?"

"Exactly."

 

••••••••


"So what kind of game is it?"

Luhan was dying to know where Chanmi was taking him. They had barely walked ten minutes before they stood outside an arcade. He watched as Chanmi searched in her purse for some change. His ears turned red when she grabbed his hand and pulled him inside.

"You'll see when we get there!"

Chanmi burst out laughing as Luhan squeezed her hand and followed after her like a lost boy. She let go of his hand and brushed her hair back into a messy ponytail. She waved her arms around in a grand gesture as she motioned to a foosball table.

"Tada! The game where no one has beat Park Chanmi!"

"Foosball?" Luhan laughed, "You can't be serious."

"I am."

Luhan shook his head as she started stretching. He took off his jacket and rolled up his sleeves to reveal his muscular forearms. He moved towards Chanmi and gently placed his hands on hers. She looked at him and blushed when she noticed his strong arms around her.

"Teach me your tricks sensei."

"Well young pupil, not everyone can learn from master Park Chanmi."

"Not even me?"

Chanmi laughed as Luhan opened his eyes wider and pretended to cry. He moved to the other side of the table and nodded as Chanmi placed money inside the machine. The ball came out and all hell broke loose.

"You're cheating!"

"No I'm not!"

"How did you do that!?

"Do what!?"

Chanmi watched as Luhan kept scoring goal after goal and her chances of potentially having Luhan kiss her was going down the drain. She took a deep breath and grabbed the ball from the table. 

"I thought master Park Chanmi never lost!"

"Well I didn't know my pupil was lying!"

Luhan laughed as he made his way towards her to get the ball back. She held her arm as high as she could and frowned when she realized Luhan could reach the ball without even flinching. She held her other hand out to keep him at a distance. Her eyes sparkled and her cheeks got beet red when she touched his hard chest. 

'Good Gosh' Chanmi breathed, 'Is this what Heaven feels like?'

She lets go of the ball and places both of her hands on his chest. She giggles to herself as Luhan steps closer, realizing what she was doing. He grabs back the ball and fans himself from the heat of the moment. Without thinking he s a few buttons of his shirt, exposing a bit of his chest.

"Should we change the bets?" Luhan smirked, "If you don't mind Master."

"Change them?" Chanmi fans herself, "To what?"

"Let's just say it'll be a win-win scenario for all of us."

 

••••••••

 "So what did he bet?"

"What do you mean?"

Baekhyun yawned after Chanmi's story ended. All he wanted to do now was push her off the couch and go to sleep. He rubbed his eyes and focused on her face as she avoided his gaze. He knew he shouldn't ask but he secretly wanted to ask. The look in her eyes was enough to let him know that it wasn't something he was going to like.

"It's not anything bad."

"Are you sure?"

Chanmi furiously nodded her head, "You know that this could be my last shot to get a boyfriend! I would never do anything you wouldn't like."

"I trust you Chanmi," He narrowed his eyes, "I know you would never disappoint me."

Baekhyun yawned again and sat back down in front of the coffee table. He looked at his watch and could feel all of his energy leave him. He only had 4 hours to complete his work and somehow take a nap before he had to wake up for work. The large pile of papers on the table wasn't exactly helping at all.

He stood up to grab some coffee from the kitchen and hoped that the world ended tomorrow or that at least his meeting would be canceled. Baekhyun came back from the kitchen and stopped in his tracks. Chanmi's hair was tied into a ponytail and the sleeves of her shirt was rolled up. Her fingers moved across the keyboard as she typed up his work.

"What are you doing?"

"What does it look like?"

Baekhyun sat down next to her and stared at her. Her face was free from makeup and there was no trace of the person she was in the morning. Her pyjamas were old and smelled like dog.

And yet, she looked prettier than ever before.

"You should go to sleep oppa. I know you have a meeting in the afternoon. I can finish typing all of this up."

"That's okay. I can do it."

Chanmi smacked his hand away as he reached for his laptop. She stood up and pushed him to her bedroom door. Baekhyun smiled as she pulled back the covers and forced him into bed before covering him back up. She turned off the lights as she started closing the door. 

"Thank you oppa."

"For what?"

"For listening to what I was saying. Not a lot of people do."

"Thank you Chanmi."

Chanmi giggled, "For what?"

"For helping me with my work. Not a lot of people do."

"Good night oppa."

"Good night Chanmi."

 

••••••••

author's corner; 

So I updated!! HOW DID YOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER!? PLEASE COMMENT ABOUT ANYTHING! COMMENT AND UPVOTE IF YOU WISH! I'm so sorry for taking forever to update! My laptop was acting up and I just completely forgot to update this story. I've been busy with school and catching up on Moon Lovers/Scarlet Heart Ryeo. So please comment and upvote! I will do my best to update as soon as I can. Thank you!

P.S CAN I GET SOME WANG SO LOVE UP IN HERE!

Image result for lee jun ki gif tumblr