Chanmi Alone

How I Met Byun Baekhyun

One, two, three, four.... twelve....

Twelve pairs of eyes on him.

'Wait, twelve?' Baekhyun counted again and sighed when he noticed Eunji staring at him as well. The room grew stuffy as twelve people entered the office, practically covering every corner of the room. He felt the whole world was staring at him and that his life on earth grew even more limited as he struggled to catch his breath.

"Hello. As you may know, I am the owner and founder of Byun Matchmaking which specializes in creating potential couples that last for a lifetime."

Baekhyun stood up and straightened his back as the twelve pairs of eyes scutinitzed his every move. He ran a hand through his hair and felt his hands shake even more as one of them stood up as well. He straightened his tie as he locked eyes with him.

"We know who you are and what you do," His lips pressing firmly together, "What we don't know is why we were lied to."

His gentle brown eyes grew hard as he cleared his throat. The whole office grew still as someone else stood up, his body so tall that his head almost reached the ceiling. Baekhyun struggled to keep a calm composure when he realized that it was Park Chanyeol. The idiot who gave Chanmi a giant teddy bear.

"Can you explain what is going on?"

Eunji slowly stood up from her seat and walked outside, leaving Baekhyun alone to face the pack of wolves that kept staring at him. He could't decide whether to save is skin and blame it on Chanmi or to ruin his entire enterprise should the news of this get out. He would lose everything. He would lose everyone. 

Even Chanmi.

Baekhyun took a deep sigh and smiled weakly, "Let me tell you from the beginning."

•••••••

"Take a deep breath. Just take a deep breath."

Chanmi paced back and forth as she struggled to calm herself down. The whole world was crashing down around her but she knew she couldn't cry. Even if they came to yell at her and throw things in her face. Even if Baekhyun came, she shouldn't cry.

Not like before.

"Calm down. Just calm down."

She turned to look at the door creak open and Eunji stepped inside. In her hands was a warm cup of coffee and a few snacks. Her nose wrinkled as the smell of bleach and perfume reached her nose.

"Why are you in the bathroom?"

Chanmi softly smiled, "So they can't come inside."

Eunji shook her head and handed her the coffee before ripping a bag of cookies open. She sat down on the cold floor and pulled Chanmi down. They stared silently at the wall in front of them not knowing what to say or do.

"I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry."

Chanmi wrinkled her nose together and stared at Eunji in confusion. What was there to be sorry about? It's not like Eunji had anything to with this whole mess. It was her fault and now she had to pay the consequences. Even if it meant doing alone.

"Why are you sorry?"

Eunji felt her eyes water and bit her lips, "It's my fault that this happened. I was the one to make the appointments and didn't make sure that everything went in correctly. I forgot that there was something wrong with the computers and system. I didn't know that all of them would come at the same time."

"It's not your fault. I'm the one that can't make a decision."

Chanmi pinched herself to keep her tears from falling but it was too late. She could feel herself ready to burst, to let all of the hatred she felt for herself escape. But she knew that if she went down that road again, there would be no one there to save her.

"You shouldn't worry about it."

"Huh?"

Eunji grabbed her hand and smiled, "If they really cared about you, they will forgive you."

"You think so?," Chanmi seemed usnure, "I don't really picture any of them coming back."

"Someone will. I guarantee it."

"Really?"

"Of course. You're special Chanmi. You're special and important and no one should ever make you feel like you're not worth the time."

Chanmi could feel her eyes water and she looked down at their hands. It was the first time anyone told her something like that. Ever her mom never tried to understand why she felt sad and why she needed to lock herself away. All she could remember is struggling to understand why she felt the way she felt and trying to earn people's love. She had always wanetd to have someone love her and not the other way around.

"Thank you."

"You might not think so. But you deserve someone who will love the straw-collecting and puppy loving Chanmi. Not the Chanmi that that stupid ByunBaek is trying to create."

Chanmi closed her eyes and sighed, "I'm just scared that I'll get hurt again."

Eunji squeezed her hand, "What do you-"

The door slammed open and they let out a scream as Baekhyun burst into the bathroom. His eyes were wild and is hair was disheveled. His face looked ten years older and he was just tired. He reached for Chanmi's hand and pulled her towards the door.

"Come with me."

•••••••

"So that's why I set Chanmi-ssi with all of you. Everyone in the country is waiting to see if I would be able to achieve a complete 100%. Chanmi had nothing to do with this and I forced her to do it or else I was going to terminate our contract."

Baekhyun took another sip of his water and took off his tie before sitting down. He could see them all taking in what he said and prayed that none of them had a strong enough punch to make him go to the hospital. Their eyes wandered off as they struggled on what to do next. 

"So Chanmi wasn't the one behind all of this?" A man with brown doe-eyes blinked, "She wasn't acting?"

"Of course not!," Baekhyun shook his head, "Chanmi is too innocent and pure to be that calculating."

"Then why didn't she say anything about this? A man with tan skin frowned, "She could have told us."

"And what?" A man with a deep voice and large eyes scoffed, "Let her watch as you walk away and leave her to figure out how to get home?"

Baekhyun could see several of them nod in agreement where a few others rolled their eyes. He was already calculating how much money he was going to lose to cancel all of their contracts. He pulled out a folder from his desk and waited patiently as they talked amongst themselves. His head was already throbbing and all he wanted to do was to take a nap.

"I will prepare all the necessary paperwork needed to terminate all of your contracts and compensate you for any damages that were made," Baekhyun cleared his throat, "I understand that many of you, if not all, are upset at what has happened. I deeply apologize for everything."

"Terminate our contracts?" 

"Yes."

A man stood up and cleared his throat, "My name is  Luhan and I believe that I was the first one to be set up on a date with Chanmi-ssi."He straightened his tie and stared at Baekhyun, "I would like to continue my contract and continue seeing Chanmi. Like you said, she doesn't seem like a person to do such a thing. The first time she saw me, I expected her to throw water at my face for coming in such bad shape. It was the first I was ever scolded in public."

Baekhyun eyes grew hard, "I don't understand."

"My name is Chanyeol and I also wish to continue seeing Chanmi."

Baekhyun struggled to comprehend what was going on as he watched all of them stand up in agreement. He couldn't tell if they were being sincere or if this was just a game to a select few. If any of them dared to hurt Chanmi on purpose, it would be over his dead body.

"May I ask why?"

"Because she is a genuine person." Luhan smiled, "And she must be a special person if even the owner of the company cares for her."

"I will have to speak with Chanmi first to see if that is what she wants." Baekhyun eye's narrowed, "It is up to her afterall."

"Of course."

"But I believe we have one condition," One of them spoke up, "It is only fair after all. "

"Which is, Mr..?"

"Sehun. Oh Sehun."

"Mr. Sehun-ssi, what is that condition."

Sehun smiled, "Chanmi has to do her dates alone and without any of your company's help. That way we can get to know the real her and not someone you used to make you and your company look better. That is, if Chanmi agrees."

Baekhyun smirked slightly, "We'll see about that."

 

••••••••

author's corner; 

So I actually updated! I can't believe I actually updated. I just want to apologize for not updating sooner. I am honestly so sorry. I've been busy with school and work and never had the time to write anything. I've also been suffering from a massive writer's block which I am slowly getting over. I just want to thank everyone who has subscribed, upvoted and commented on this really cliche and boring story. I love you all!

So please don't forget to comment and upvote. I really want to hear from each and every one of you. Let me know what you think and what you wish could happen. Who knows? Maybe I can do something for you! :D Also, let me know on how to improve: whether it's this story, my writing or anything at all.

Thank you all!

P.S I WILL BE ATTENDING THE EXO CONCERT IN CHICAGO! LET'S MEET UP! I NEED TO FANGIRL WITH SOMEONE HAHA