Bubble Tea Trials

How I Met Byun Baekhyun

"Wake up!"

Chanmi sits up and bursts through her bedroom door as she runs to open the door. She opens the door and frowns when she notices the hallway completely empty. She winces in pain as she rubs her eyes, swollen from crying herself to sleep.

'Don't you dare cook again.'

"Jerk," Chanmi mumbles to herself, "Not everyone can be perfect like you."

"Wake up!"

She turns to her room and shuts off her alarm, sighing when she sees the time. The apartment is completely quiet except for the small snoring of Pororo, rolling deeper inside her bed. Chanmi sits down on her bed and looks around her room, distracted and worried. Her fingers tap lightly on her phone before she presses and holds the one button.

"Are you still angry?" 

"No," She whispers, "I just forgot how opinionated you can be."

"Look Chanmi," Baekhyun sighed, "I'm really sorry about what I said. I didn't mean to make you cry."

"What did you mean then?"

"I just wanted to make sure you didn't ruin your chances with Kyungsoo-ssi."

"But he said he liked my cooking."

Baekhyun chuckled softly, "I think he must have liked you a lot for him to say that."

"That's probably true," Chanmi sighed, "I'm not even surprised. I just feel so bad for making him eat it."

"What are you doing right now?"

"Nothing, I'm just getting ready."

"Want me to bring you some food and things you might need?"

Chanmi bit her lips and took a deep breath. She moved to her closet and pulled out a simple blue skirt and a white knit sweater. Her eyes landed on the untouched makeup set her mother had sent from Canada. 

'I just wanted to make sure you didn't ruin your chances...'

"No, it's fine," Chanmi shook her head, "I have things to do first. I'll see you later."

••••••••

"No, it's fine, I have things to do first. I'll see you later."

Baekhyun stared at his phone in shock and confusion. It was the first time Chanmi had ever refused food. The first time she had every said no to him. He stood up, flinching when his chair fell back, and headed towards his car. He stopped in his tracks when his fingers touched the door handle. 

"Wait," He murmured, "What am I so worried about?"

He stared at his car, his fingers still locked on the door handle. Bit by bit he removed his hand and walked back towards his office. Baekhyun sat down at his desk. The room was silent except for the sound of driving cars. He reached out for some folders when he stood up. He nodded at his secretary as he went back to his car.

"Please Chanmi," Baekhyun moaned, "Please don't cook anything for yourself."

••••••••

Sehun stared at his phone as he waited outside the cafe he was instructed to be at. He played with his fingers until he noticed a girl step out of a taxi. Her long dark hair fell in waves over her white sweater. Her hand adjusted her brand name bag as she fixed her flats. Her eyes landed on his and he noticed dark eyeliner and pale pink cheeks. turned into a soft smile and she bowed.

"Hello," She brushed back her hair, revealing her scar, "Are you Oh Sehun-ssi?"

"Yes," He bowed back, "And you must be Park Chanmi-ssi?"

Chanmi nodded in response and let out a silent squeal. She noticed his broad shoulders underneath his dress shirt and thin sweater. His sunglasses slid down his nose, revealing his chocolate brown orbs. He was taller than her and she blushed when he cleared his throat. Chanmi looked down and her eyes grew wide when she noticed a slight bulge in his jeans.

She let out a soft scream/giggle.

"Are you okay?" Sehun leaned in closer, "Is there something wrong?"

"No," Chanmi squeaked, "I'm just trying not to cough."

"Oh okay."

He blinked when he saw her patting her face, forcing herself to calm down. Sehun opened the door to the cafe and sat down, smiling softly as she kept fanning herself. He looked at the menu and turned to look at her. Their eyes connected and he turned away at the same time she did.

"It's nice to meet you. I saw that we have the same age." He cleared his throat, "What month were you born in?"

"January," She replied, "And you?"

"April."

Chanmi giggled, "So does that mean I'm your noona?"

Sehun scoffed, "We're born in the same year so we're technically friends."

"But technically I'm older than you by 3 months."

"That doesn't matter."

"It does actually."

Chanmi smirked at the same time Sehun crossed his arms. They stared at each other with smirks on their faces but looked up when a waiter came by. He handed them the menu and left. Sehun reached out for it and quickly picked his favorite drink.

"What would you like to drink?" He asked, changing the subject, "There's lots of bubble tea flavors to choose from."

"Bubble tea?" Her ears perked up, "We're in a bubble tea shop?"

"Yeah," Sehun looked up, "Why?"

"I don't like bubble tea. I tasted it once and hated it."

Sehun looked up with shock and anger as soon as those words slipped out. He could feel his blood boil as he tightened his hold on the table. Chanmi looked up at him with innocent eyes and blinked. 

"What's wrong?"

"How can you not like bubble tea?" Sehun said through gritted teeth, "What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing, I just don't like it."

Chanmi leaned in closer as he ran his hands through his hair, making stand up. Sehun took a deep breath and looked up, his eyes blazing. There was a smile on his face as he leaned in towards her.

"Let's make a bet," Sehun nodded, "You drink bubble tea and if you like it, you have to call me oppa."

"Really?" Chanmi tapped her chin, "How many teas will I have to drink?"

"Until you find the one you like."

"And if I don't like any? What will I win?"

Sehun sighed, "I'll call you noona."

"Call," Chanmi giggled, "Dongsaeng."

••••••••

Sehun stared at the small pile of coins in the palm of his hand, growing ligher and lighter as he took deep breaths. He looked up and stared at the half-empty plastic cups of bubble tea on the small coffee table. Bright neon straws were piled high as she added the finishing touches. There was a soft smirk tugging her lips as she crossed her arms. He could feel his blood rush towards his face, making him blush furiously. Sehun clenched his hand tightly as he scowled in annoyance.

"Are you that happy?" He scoffed, "Now I'm broke."

"You were the one who made me drink all of this," She chuckled, "It's not my fault you couldn't give up."

"But it's bubble tea! The greatest drink on the face of the earth."

"Well I guess it's not my style."

Her eyes landed on the straws and she could feel her body tingle in excitement. Just reach out your hand and take one, she wondered, no one will know. Take the prettiest one and run like hell. She bit her lips and shook her head as she calmed herself down. There was a loud smashing sound as he stood up, a look of determination on his face. His pouty lips made their way towards her face, making her heart race and her body shiver. They stretched into a smirk as he pulled her up.

"Well noona," He grabbed her hand, "I guess I'll have to prove you wrong."

"How?" She gulped, "You won't ever win."

His fingers fluttered delicately over her palm and his eyes gleamed in the bright sunlight, "I have my ways."

Chanmi let out a scream as Sehun pulled her out of the cafe and headed outside. They walked side by side, her hand in his, as they walked down the street. They entered a small arcade and he pulled out his coins, jumping lightly as he stared at which game he wanted to play.

"Do you like the arcade?" He turned to Chanmi, "We can go somewhere else."

"Oh My God!" Chanmi screamed, "Mortal Combat!"

She ran towards the machine and smiled. Her eyes landed on the screan and she squealed like a little girl. Sehun stood next to her and chuckled when she pressed her face closer to the glass.

"Noona?" Sehun shook his head, "Aren't girls supposed to hate arcades?"

"Sehun," Chanmi sighed, "Arcades are fun." She blushed, "And I'm not like other girls."

Sehun nodded in amusement and handed her half his coins. He chuckled softly to himself when Chanmi tied up her hair and rolled up her sleeves. She nudged him softly and motioned for him to come closer.

"Let's make a bet," Chanmi laughed, "Whoever loses has to pay for dinner."

"Really?" Sehun tapped his chin, "If I win I get to choose what I want to eat?"

"Exactly."

"Call," He laughed, "Noona."

••••••••

"K.O!"

Sehun stared at the screen and felt his hands grasp onto the joystick tighter. He heard a soft chuckle and turned to face Chanmi as she pretended to wipe the sweat off her forehead. She reached into his pocket and pulled out two coins, holding it out for him to take. The screen blinked, patiently waiting to swallow the majestic piece of metal for another round of fun. Sehun cleared his throat and bit his lips as he felt his pocket, noticing there was nothing left.

"What game was this?" Sehun rubbed the back of his neck, "I completely lost track."

"I think it's the 20th game," Chanmi stretched, "We've been here a while."

"Who's winning so far?"

"I am."

Sehun choked and turned to stare at her, "I thought I was winning?"

"If you count losing against me, then yeah, you're winning."

It took all of Sehun's power to not burst out into frustrated tears. It was the first time he had lost against someone older (even if by a few months). He was the cute maknae who got away with everything he wanted. Park Chanmi was the first girl — person really — to ever defy his aegyo and subtle smirks. She overpowered him, and he hated her for it.

"Last round!" He raised his hand in determination, "Whoever loses has to pay no matter what."

"Are you sure?" Chanmi raised an eyebrow, "No take backs, okay?"

"I'm sure, noona."

They turned back to the game and slipped the coins inside, their fingers hovering above the large red buttons. Chanmi giggled as Sehun nudged her as their characters fought, hoping to distract her. He winced as his fingers started to cramp up, his hand moving with lightning speed between buttons. Unlike Sehun who struggled to win, Chanmi hummed softly to herself as she played. Her eyes danced as she watched her fighter easily beat Sehun's.

"K.O!"

Sehun rested his head on the machine, pretending to weep as he stood back up. He pulled out his wallet and felt his heart drop as he turned it upside down, completely empty. A small squeal escaped his lips as he patted his body, praying that he had at least enough for a ramyeon cup. His eyes widened when he felt a warm arm try to wrap itself around his neck.

"Why do you have to be so tall!?"

Chanmi tried wrapping her arm around his neck before finally giving up in frustation. She felt her cheeks go red as she held out a twenty dollar bill. She bit her lips as she ran over her lines carefully, hoping her eye wouldn't twitch. 

There was one thing that not many people knew about Chanmi. Of course they would always find out about her straw obsession and laziness but she had always managed to keep something to herself.

The fact that she was a terrible liar.

Her eye would begin to twitch as she would start to sweat. Her usual pale cheeks would practically burst into flames as she struggled to speak, her eloquent words would switch into something even a baby wouldn't be able to understand. It was so bad that even Pinnochio would lose against her.

"You, Sehun — I mean who else would it be — dropped this," Chanmi held out the bill, "I picked it up for you."

"Are you sure?" Sehun frowned, "I don't remember having it inside my wallet."

"Are you calling me a liar?"

"No! Of course I wouldn't noona!"

She cleared and nodded, "Good. Because I'm hungry and someone has to pay for food."

Sehun nodded in understanding and chuckled, "At your service noona."

••••••••

Chanmi felt water as she stared at the meat that was sizzling in its own juices. She sighed in awe the moment Sehun flipped the meat, smoke reaching her nose. Her body immediately straightened itself, a hungry hippo waiting to eat.

"I should have ordered more," Sehun murmured, "But this is the only thing I can afford."

"It's fine," Chanmi smiled softly, "I'm not even that hungry."

'Hold it in Chanmi,' She silently begged herself, 'Wait until you get home to stuff your face.'

"Maybe I should get oppa to buy me food," She whispered, "I should cry but my makeup is going to smudge."

"Did you say something?"

Sehun looked up and grinned when he saw Chanmi cover her face. He noticed her soft hands and reached out when he noticed something strange. Before he could get a closer look, she stuffed her hands inside his sweater, draped lightly over her shoulders. Her eyes went dark for a quick second before going soft.

"Nothing," She shook her head, "I just can't forget the look you had on your face when you lost again."

"You were obviously cheating," He rolled his eyes, "I am a master at that game."

"You're just a sore loser."

"Am not!"

Chanmi laughed as Sehun screamed when he accidently touched the grill. He slipped his thumb inside his mouth and sent daggers at her, whimpering softly. Being the nice noona she was, Chanmi quickly grabbed a napkin and dipped it in cold water before wrapping it around his thumb. Sehun gulped when he smelled the rose scented perfume on her. His eyes landed on the mole on her pale neck. He looked away when she sat back up, her eyes landing curiously on him.

"Want me to tell you my secret?" Chanmi nonchalantly asked, "On how I won?"

His ears perked up in curiosity but he sighed, "If you want."

She leaned in closer and smirked, "I just kept pressing the A button."

••••••••

"I had a nice time."

"Me too."

Sehun helped Chanmi inside the taxi and leaned inside. He made sure she had everything with her before closing the door. She waved goodbye as he walked backwards, never taking his eyes off the car. His fingers pulled his sweater closer to smell her perfume before walking away.

Chanmi smiled softly to herself as she fought back her fangirl giggles. She reached into her bag to pull out her wallet and gasped when she noticed there was nothing inside. 

"Ahjussi!" She practically screamed, "Please stop the car!"

The taxi driver hit the brakes and she whimpered when her head landed on the seat in front of her. The bruise on her forehead was still healing and she gasped in pain. Her lips curved into an awkward smile as she met eyes with the angry driver.

"Do you by chance accept cards?"

"No."

"I'll get out then."

She bowed in apology as the car sped off, leaving her stranded. The screen of her phone was bright as she typed the route to get home. It was only a 20 minute walk to her apartment but it was too much for lazy Chanmi. Her eyes brightened as she pressed 1 button, jumping up and down in excitement. Her expression quickly fell when Baekhyun's phone went directly to voicemail. She re-dialed again but she was out of luck.

"Hello, this is Byun Matchmaking where we're here to help find your perfect match. How may I help you today?"

"Oh, unni," Chanmi mumbled, "It's Chanmi."

"Oh Chanmi," Ms. Song, the secretary, "Is something wrong?"

"Baekhyun oppa isn't picking up and I don't have cash for the bus or taxi."

"Really? His phone must have died when he went out."

"Where did he go?" She asked, "Will he take long?"

"I think he mentioned going to a party with his friends after he came back from your apartment," Ms. Song answered, "Apparently they through him a birthday party."

Chanmi stared stunned at his phone, "Oppa has friends? And he has a birthday?"

Ms. Song laughed, "Did you think he just appeared out of nowhere?"

"Apparently he isn't as perfect as I originally thought."

"I can try and contact him through his friends if you want."

Chanmi bit her lips and nodded, "If you do contact him, can you ask him to come to my apartment. It's urgent."

She quickly hung up and started walking, cursing every few minutes as her heels started digging into her feet. Chanmi was only a few blocks away from her apartment when she stopped in her tracks. The local bakery store was still open and there were several cakes showcased in the window. Reaching into her wallet, Chanmi pulled out her card and bought one. 

Her eyes landed on the local convenience store and she stepped inside, hoping to find a semi-decent present for him. Chanmi walked through the aisles and felt her body begin to melt when she noticed something. It took all her strength to not scream like a little girl. She ran back home with her present and quickly decorated the apartment. 

There was a knock on her door and Chanmi ran towards it with a wide smile. Baekhyun was standing on the other side, his hair ruffled and his dress shirt wrinkled. He smiled at her as he stepped inside, his mouth forming an O shape. Her apartment — as always — was dirty but now there was toilet paper streamed over the walls and plastic bags full of air taped onto the wall.

"Happy birthday!" Chanmi screamed, "I didn't have a lot of time so sorry if this looks bad."

"Thank you," Baekhyun chuckled, "And this just screams Park Chanmi."

Baekhyun shook his head as he was led to the living room, Pororo sniffing the cake that was on the coffee table. Chanmi lit up the question mark candle and clapped her hands as she waited for him to blow it out. He stopped in his tracks when she stopped him with a pout on her face.

"You're supposed to make a wish," She rolled her eyes, "You can't just blow out the candle without making a wish."

"Fine," He sighed, "I wish that Chanmi will finally find her match in the 11 guys I set up with her."

He blew out the candle and clapped. Baekhyun pulled the candle out of the cake and cut himself and Chanmi a piece. He noticed her expression and stared back at her.

"What?" Baekhyun asked, "What did I do wrong now?"

"You're not supposed to say your wish out loud," Chanmi face palmed herself, "Then it won't come true."

"I don't believe in that crap."

"Well I do."

Baekhyun simply shrugged and ate his cake. His eyes landed on a plastic bag with a toilet paper bow on it and he reached out for it. Chanmi smacked his hand away and smiled widely.

"Close your eyes," She ordered, "It's a surprise."

"It better be good."

He closed his eyes and felt something on his face. He could feel her soft fingers on his ears as she placed something around him. Her breath was warm on his face as she giggled. Chanmi let go of him and giggled harder as she put something on herself. She handed him a cup and told him to open his eyes. He did as he was told and immediately regretted his decision.

"No Chanmi," Baekhyun begged for his life, "Why did you do this!?"

"Oppa!" Chanmi screamed, "Straw glasses!"

••••••••

 

author's corner; long one ahead (MUST READ!)

I honestly have no idea what to say. I was supposed to have updated earlier but I lost everything for this chapter. This date is completely terrible and I am really sorry for that. As you can see, I am losing inspiration for this story. To be honest, this story was originally but I changed it because writing scares me. I mean, if I can't write straight fics, imagine . So yeah, this date isn't my best or favorite but I wanted to show Sehun's childish ways. So yeah, thanks everyone so much for liking this crappy story!

Also, I recently got some questions that were repeated so here are some answers:

1. No this story won't end once after all the dates are done. I just want everyone to go on a date with Chanmi. I'm pretty sure that Chanmi won't fall and stay in love with a single person after all the first dates are done. I will also post side chapters once the first dates are over with.
2. I will explain the title throughout the story so please don't ask me to just tell you why I titled my story the way I did.
3. I haven't already decided who she will end up so please don't ask me if I chose who already. Also, I might not even give you guys a happy ending. Who knows?
4. Yeah, I might add in additional characters. As for who they are, that's a secret.
5. This story will be long guys. And I mean long. I don't want to rush things since I want to develop Chanmi well. There's a lot more to her than meets the eye.

P.S I might not have time to double update so I'm really sorry! I will try my best but I can't/won't make promises.

As a present, I present you the original poster of How I Met Byun Baekhyun! /whispers/ should I make a version?

BVyQPVT.gif

Yay! I managed to update! This chapter is a small belated birthday present for Baekhyun and Me! So please leave many comments and upvote if you wish!! ^^ I actually like this chapter a lot for some weird reason. I was going to update sooner but I went on my first ever date. It was probably the most embarrasing moment of my life. If you thought Chanmi was awkward, you haven't seen what I can do. I might actually make my date a chapter lol. That's how bad and funny it was. As for the whole situation, I probably won't be making it until I finish this story so it might take a while (if I ever do it). Oh! I left some hints here  so if you think you know them, comment below!
Also, I have something really important to say. Yes, I know that my story is cliche and bad but you don't have to be such an about it. As for the people telling me they'll stop reading this story if I don't pair Chanmi with Baekhyun, go ahead. I'm not going to change my story to satisfy your wishes (and this is not aimed to everyone here so please don't get offended). If you have questions, go back to Chapter 21 to see some answers. That's all for now so please comment and upvote! That can be your birthday present for me /winkwink/
Someone save me from this man! Look at those arms! /drools/

( ゚д゚)

Also, these are what straw glasses look like in case you don't know

DrinkingGlasses_l.jpg