Thunderstorms and Wet Shirts

How I Met Byun Baekhyun

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine! I'm just tired!"

"Do you want me to order something else?"

Chanmi jumped from her bed and slammed her body against her bedroom door. There was something about what was going on that was confusing the hell out of her. Why would she think about something that doesn't make sense? It was probably because he was the only person who cared for her. Maybe, somehow, maybe not but probably.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"I said I'm fine!"

Chanmi locked her bedroom door and jumped back into bed while covering her face. She was just tired and frustrated and all she wanted was to sleep and never wake up. Without making a sound, she went back to her door and opened it slightly. Her eyes landed on Baekhyun sitting on the floor working on his laptop. Her eyes widened when she saw Pororo making his way towards him and sitting on his lap. The way his eyes turned into a crescent moon and his soft laugh as he pet her dog made her want to throw up.

"What are you doing Chanmi?" She muttered under her breath, "Are you that lonely?"

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

"What's wrong with your face?"

"Why? Does it look weird?"

Chanmi grabbed the small mirror in Eunji's hands and groaned when she saw the enormous dark circles and bruises around her face. She winced in pain when she touched the bluish spot near her chin. She wasn't sure if she got that when she smacked her face as she ran out the door or if it was when she fell out of bed this morning.

"I made have had a small accident," She sighed, "It's been a rough morning."

"Must have been a hell of a morning," Eunji laughed.

It was still raining that morning even though she was supposed to have a date. She looked at her black jeans, rain boots and thick green sweater. The lights flickered off and on as the lightning striked nearby. The only reason she was here was because Baekhyun couldn't give her a ride and Eunji offered to pick her up. Otherwise she would have locked herself in her room all day.

"I really like your sweater."

"This? Thanks. I managed to find it in my closet."

Eunji nodded and sipped at her coffee. She was exhausted from having to do an all nighter at work and her head was throbbing. It was only made worse by Baekhyun's call at six in the morning to ask her to pick up Chanmi. If it wasn't for him signing her checks, she would have told him to shove it up his . But as she turned to look at Chanmi's small frame and scrawny face, all she wanted to do was wrap her in her arms and sing her a song. Maybe Baekhyun wasn't the only one who loved Chanmi.

"You must really like the color green," Eunji slightly frowned, "I always see you wearing that color."

Chanmi stiffened when she realized that Eunji had noticed. She stared at her sweater and wished that she had worn something different. It was the first time someone noticed that she was wearing something green.

Not since high school anyway.

"I don't actually," Chanmi murmured, "I was told by someone it looks nice on me."

Eunji nodded and went back to her coffee. She rubbed her temple as she stared out the window and jumped in happiness when she saw a man running across the street with an umbrella. She stood up and gave Chanmi a quick hug as she made her way out.

"Good luck Chanmi!" Eunji yelled, "Make momma proud!"

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

"I'm so sorry I'm late. It wouldn't stop raining and traffic was crazy."

"We should have canceled. You're all wet Sehun."

Chanmi stared at Sehun as he tried wiping away at his wet clothes and sighs when he begins to shiver. She run towards the counter and grabs the towel a worker gives her. Sehun contently sighs when he feels the towel and the hot coffee in his hands. He doesn't realize Chanmi is sitting a little too close for comfort and practically jumps out of his seat when he turns towards her.

"You're going to get sick."

"I'm fine. It's just a bit of water. It'll dry up soon."

Sehun sips at the hot coffee but stops when he feels something rubbing his head. He turns to stare at Chanmi as she begins drying his hair with the towel. He stares wide eyed until she's finished and wraps the towel around him once again.

"Sorry," Chanmi smiled, "I just don't want you getting sick."

"No!" Sehun stammered, "I mean- I really- I'm glad you did that."

They stared at each other silently but jump when the lights go out. Chanmi instinctively grabbed Sehun's hand and moves closer as she leans towards him. Sehun reached around and wrapped his arms around her as he placed his chin on her head. The worker's scrambled to turn on the lights but their voices were drowned out by the thunder.

"I guess you don't like thunderstorms."

"Not really. I know it's childish but I got caught outside during one and I was so scared."

"It's not childish. I'm scared of the dark if I'm being honest."

"Then I guess we're both screwed huh?" She sighed.

The light finally came back on and Chanmi moved away. She brushed back her hair and glanced at Sehun to see what his reaction was. She shouldn't have latched onto him like a sad puppy. Baekhyun would have told her she was acting like a child.

"Why don't you like the dark?"

"I think it's because you don't know what's there," Sehun shrugged, "I didn't like the idea that something could be hiding."

They stared once again and laughed when they realized how awkward they were being. It wasn't as if they spent an entire day practically fighting to the death on a video game. It was probably because Chanmi finally noticed Sehun was wearing a white dress shirt and that that dress shirt was wet.

Very wet.

"I'm sorry!" Chanmi looked away, "I didn't mean to stare!"

"Oh man! I'm sorry. I look like a ert don't I?"

Sehun covered his chest with the towel and vigorously patted it to get out the water. He reached for more napkins and his face turned red when they got stuck, making his wet chest even more noticable. Chanmi stifled a laugh as she reached for her jacket and wrapped it around him to protect his innocence.

"I didn't think it would rain on my way here or else I would have worn something darker."

"I don't mind."

"You don't mind?"

Chanmi's faced turned red, "I mean that you didn't know it was going to rain so it's not your fault."

Sehun laughed as she shut her eyes and balled her fists as if she wanted to hit herself. He leaned forwards when he noticed the small bruises on her face. They were all around her jawline and some by her eyes. He carefully touched one and frowned when he noticed her wincing.

"What happened to your face?"

"I fell out of bed this morning. I tend to bruise easily."

Chanmi touched her face and sighed when she could feel the bruises. The lights went out again and her breath stopped when she felt Sehun pull her closer before resting his chin on her head. She reached out for one of his hands and squeezed it as the thunder roared above them. They sat in silence until the light came back on again. 

"I guess we won't be able to leave the shop anytime soon," Sehun turned to look at the storm outside, "We should probably stay here."

"I think so too," Chanmi giggled, "We don't want to run the risk of exposing yourself outside again."

Sehun's face turned red again and he wrapped her jacket tighter around her. They sat in silence as they wondered what to do. Chanmi let out a small noise and she grabbed her phone before placing it in front of them. She propped it up and handed Sehun an earbud as she browsed through movies they could watch.

"I think we should watch a funny movie to get our minds off of our fears."

"Sounds like a plan."

They huddled closer together and Sehun glanced at Chanmi. He smiled to himself as she moved closer. He placed his hands where she can reach it just in case the lights went out again. The lights flickered and she reached out to him again.

"I'm sorry," Chanmi bit her lip, "I just need to know someone else is here."

"Don't worry," Sehun smiled, "I'll be here for you whenever you need me. That's a promise."

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

author's corner;

OMG! SO I UPDATED 2 DAYS IN A ROW! How crazy is that? Maybe because I finally decided what the ending is going to be!?!? But don't worry, I won't say anything. 

Image result for river song spoilers gif

Please upvote and subscribe if you enjoyed this chapter! If you do unsubscribe, please let me know (in message) why you did and how I can improve the story/my writing. Have a wonderful weekend everyone! I love you!

Image result for 10th doctor gif