Purple Skirts and Iced Coffee

How I Met Byun Baekhyun

'How can she sleep on this thing!'

Baekhyun opened his eyes for what seemed for like the thousandth time and moaned when he felt his back slowly breaking. He twisted and turned until he was in a somewhat comfortable position. The couch was too small and narrow for him to comfortably sleep in which made his back ache. Chanmi had been too lazy to clean out one of the empty rooms and now he had to sleep in the living room. What was funny was the couch was nothing compared to the snores her dog kept making.

"Lucky bastard."

He moaned again as his back ached and he finally grabbed his blanket and pillow before settling on the floor. His mind raced as he tried to calculate what would happen on Chanmi's date in the morning. If it went well he would be one step closer to being the matchmaking king. But if Chanmi messes up then who knows how long he'll have to sleep on the most uncomfortable couch in the world. 

"That's right. All she has to do is follow my rules. She knows how much this means to me."

But what if Chanmi completely ignored his warnings! She's the type of girl that he has always hated. She's too overactive, too happy and stubborn to try anything new. It was surprise he managed to tolerate her the way he does. Chanmi was a sweet girl but that doesn't mean she couldn't be a pain in his . He likes her, he honestly does, but just liking someone doesn't mean that you have to stay around forever. Which is why he couldn't calculate what would happen once she finally finds her so-called prince charming. 

Baekhyun would finally be able to get her off his back and expand his company to China or Japan. He could finally make all his dreams come true and not worry about missing meetings just to help her out. She was great but he knew the moment would come when she would walk out of his life forever.

Unfortunately, he knew that Park Chanmi wouldn't make this easy for him.

"That's right. She'll just end up ruining this like always."

So with a determined heart and surprising lack of sleep, he grabbed his laptop and got to work. The living room was practically quiet except for his fingers over the keyboard. His eyelids began to droop and all he wanted to was cuddle inside his thick blanket. His eyes flew open as Pororo started snoring again and broke the comforting silence.

"Lucky bastard," He sighed in defeat.

••••••••

"That's right. Don't act the way you always do."

Chanmi stared at herself in the mirror before turning towards her closet. She only had 5 outfits she regularly used which were just old shirts and jeans that didn't exactly fit her properly. Her eyes landed on her favorite green dress but stopped when Baekhyun's voice popped inside her head. She kneeled down and pulled away the blankets covering the clothes underneath. There were several expensive dresses, shirts and skirts that still had price tags on them. High heels and handbags shone under the bright sunlight and her heart felt heavy. She shifted through the clothes until she found some that would probably fit her.

"Please, please, please fit."

She slipped into a dark purple skirt and a simple white blouse. She grabbed a light gray cardigan and black wedges. Chanmi moved towards a small box nearby and pulled out some simple silver earrings and a silver necklace which brought out her collarbones. She fought back the nausea inside her stomach as she brushed her dark hair into a messy bun. She carefully pulled out her makeup which probably didn't work anymore. It had been almost 3 years since she had touched any of these things. 

She carefully filled in her makeup and walked over to the mirror. She let out a small gasp and clenched her fists to calm herself down. It wasn't the same Chanmi that she stared at every waking morning. It was the Chanmi that she couldn't remember seeing in her brief life. She grabbed a small red handbag and walked towards her bedroom door. 

"You can do it," Her lips trembled, "You can do it!"

••••••••

"What do you mean you can't? I know it's the weekend but you must have some spot open. I'm telling you that this is an important case!"

Baekhyun ran a hand through his hair as he kept arguing with the person on the phone. It was one of Seoul's most prestigious salons where all the celebrities went. He felt his blood boil as he hung up. There was no telling how Chanmi would look when she walked out the door and he wasn't waiting to find out. He needed to get her ready for her big date and he was too nervous to let her take control of her appearance.

"Don't tell me I need to call this brat."

He picked up his phone again but stopped when Chanmi's bedroom door creaked open. She stepped into the living room and awkwardly smiled as she tried covering her face. Her petite body was framed perfectly by the skirt and loose blouse. She looked healthier than normal and he was surprised to see the paleness of her legs. Her dark hair was tied up and her natural makeup brought out her smiling eyes and naturally rosy cheeks. Chanmi looked like those happy college girls ready to go on a date with their boyfriends.

She looked perfect.

"Wow! Look at you!" Baekhyun gushed, "If I didn't know better I would have thought you were taken!"

"Ha. Ha." Chanmi rolled her eyes, "You're just making me feel better."

"I'm not! You look really nice."

Chanmi looked down at her feet as she walked over to the door. Baekhyun followed after her, the pink apron and bed hair making her look more like a mother than the CEO of a major company. She quickly slipped into her heels and turned to look at the mirror by the front door. She put on some light pink lip tint and glanced at Baekhyun who looked like he was about to cry.

"Are you okay?"

"It's just that this is the Chanmi I wanted from the beginning. You look so much better than I could have ever dreamed!"

She rolled her eyes once more and walked out the door before being pulled back inside. In her hands was a stack of notecards with familiar writing. Baekhyun smiled proudly as in her hands was the most intricate and carefully planned out date that the world would never see. All Chanmi had to do was follow exactly what was on them and she would have her date melting in the palm of her hands.

"You can't be serious."

"I am."

••••••••

"Is this too much?"

He could feel his body starting to sweat and the humidity wasn't really helping. He stared at his watch again as his hands grew clammy from holding the dozen roses in his hands. The weather was perfect for a date which made him worry about the crowd. How would he recognize her in the huge crowd?

How would she recognize him?

"Maybe I shouldn't have bought flowers."

It was already past noon and she still hadn't arrived. He knew that going on another date was a mistake but he wasn't sure for what reason. Was it because he actually liked her or if seeing 10 other people made his competitiveness start to act up. All he knew was that it was too late to change his mind and he hoped that it was worth it. 

"Where is she?"

He felt something cold on his chin and turned to stare at a young woman with crescent moon eyes and rosy cheeks. In her hands was a freezing cold iced coffee and a milkshake. His eyebrows furrowed as he bowed and turned away to stare at the train station entrance. Again he felt something cold and grew frustrated when she didn't move it away.

"Can I help you?"

"I'm sorry?"

"I said if I can help you. I'm waiting for my date and I would like it if you could leave me alone."

He walked away from her but stopped when he heard her yell. His eyes grew wide and all he wanted to do was dig himself a hole and never come out of it. It wasn't the first time seeing her so how the hell did he forget what she looked like!?

"Are you seriously wearing that!? Then why the hell did I have to dress nice!?"

••••••••

 

author's corner; GUESS WHO THE DATE IS!

So I updated!! HOW DID YOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER!? PLEASE COMMENT ABOUT ANYTHING! COMMENT AND UPVOTE IF YOU WISH! Since my classes end in about 3 weeks, I may not post for a bit because finals are so close and I have 4 exams to worry about. I'm worried it'll be too long and bad as I continue writing. I hope all of you keep enjoying it even though I feel it's getting more and more repetitive. Hopefully the story doesn't go over 70 chapters but there's a possibility it might. Is That Ok with Everyone??  LOL. I want to thank everyone who has subscribed, upvoted and commented. It means a lot to me. 

PLEASE CHECK OUT MY NEW STORY! IT FELT LIKE LOVE ft Sehun and Chanyeol