Suitcases: A Plot Twist

How I Met Byun Baekhyun

"Come with me."

"What are you doing!?" 

Chanmi struggled to pull away from Baekhyun's grasp as he raced out of the bathroom and up the floor where his offices were located at. She could feel her blood rush to her face as he led her into the conference room. She finally managed to escape and struggled against him as he tried grabbing her again.

"Let me go!" Chanmi screamed, "Let go of me!"

Her breath hitched when she felt his arms wrap around her waist and felt his chest on her back. She could feel his soft warm breath on her neck as he turned her around. Baekhyun locked eyes and she felt a lump in when she felt his hands slide from her shoulders to her hands. He immediately pulled her closer and squeezed her hands.

"Calm down Chanmi."

"Why did you bring me up here?"

Baekhyun shook his head, "I just finished talking with them about everything."

"Everything?"

"Yeah. But don't worry, I let them know it's not your fault."

Chanmi let out a small smile, "You took all of the blame?"

Baekhyun slowly nodded and squeezed her hands before letting go. Her heart stopped for a second when he stepped back, his body straightening and his face darkening. He cleared his throat and brushed his hand through his hair. She could immediately tell that something bad was about to happen. Something that could break her entirely.

"What's wrong?"

"Chanmi-ssi, they are waiting inside to ask you a proposition. I think it's best if you listen to whatever they say carefully before making a decision."

"Oppa..."

Baekhyun stepped back and forced his mouth into a fine line, "It's Mr. Byun."

He opened the door and motioned for her to enter. Chanmi ran a hand through her hair and dug her nails into the palm of her hands as she walked in. She flinched when the eleven pairs of eyes her. She felt like an animal in a zoo with all the eyes assessing and judging her every mood. She locked eyes with a familiar face and softly smiled when he waved back.

"Noona, you don't look so good."

"I'm fine Sehun-ssi. Thank you for your concern."

Baekhyun led her to her seat and watched as her hair fell over her face as she sunk into the chair. He felt his breath hitch when he noticed the bones sticking out of her shoulders. Her body was practically skin and bones. She looked up at him and smiled softly before turning to look at her lap. He felt a twinge of pain in his stomach when he saw how gaunt her face was. Her eyebags fell to her chin and her eyes just looked so tired. It wasn't the Chanmi he was so used to seeing.

"I brought Ms. Park so that she can here the plan you wanted to propose."

Chanmi glanced up to see them all look at her with a mix of concern and confusion. She brushed back her hair and waited for the accusations and yelling to start. It wouldn't be the first time someone looked at her with disgust and anger.

"Chanmi-ssi?"

She looked up to see Luhan stand up and hand her a bottled water. She smiled softly when he gave her a gentle squeeze before slipping back into his seat. Baekhyun cleared his throat and rolled his eyes before motioning for them to start. He didn't have all day for this nonsense.

"Ms. Park," he began, "The men here have proposed a plan for you, if you accept, that allows for these meetings to continue."

"I don't understand."

She turned to Chanyeol who stood up, his head practically reaching the ceiling, "Mr. Oh proposed that we would continue these meetings so that we could decide what we be best for all of us. We don't want to pressure you into picking someone without you getting to know the real us and us knowing the real you."

"Continue the dates?"

Chanmi turned to Baekhyun whose eyes grew even more darker. He looked at her and nodded, "They will continue the dates on one condition."

"What condition?"

"That you do not receive any of the company's help."

••••••••

Baekhyun knew this was going to be such a bad idea. There was no way Chanmi was going to accept this plan. There was no way she was going to leave him. Chanmi depended on him to do everything for her. She couldn't survive without him. If it weren't for him, she would have probably been found dead in her apartment with clean underwear all over the living room and the sink full of dirty dishes.

Which is why he couldn't believe what he heard.

"I accept."

'No, I probably heard wrong', Baekhyun wondered, 'There's no way she would have said that.'

But the smiles on their faces and Chanmi's shocked expression told him everything. He couldn't understand why she would agree to all of this. Why would Chanmi purposely put herself out there when she was the type of person who was too scared to order food at a restaurant.

This wasn't the Chanmi he knew.

This was someone different.

"Can you please repeat that," He clenched his teeth, "Can you repeat that for me please?"

Chanmi turned to Baekhyun and just stared at him with warmth in her eyes. She turned to look at the rest of the men before standing up. She didn't know why she said what she said but she knew there was no turning back.

"I just want to apologize for everything that has happened. I know that what I did was wrong. But the reason why I decided to accept this proposal was to show you all that I am not a greedy or selfish person. I hurt each and everyone of you and I hope that you all can forgive me."

She gave a bow before walking out of the office. The room grew silent as they all pondered on what just happened. Everyone was in shock but especially Baekhyun as his reputation and company were in grave danger. He didn't know what to do or say until someone blurted out what everyone was thinking.

"So what happens next?"

••••••••

"What did you do Chanmi!? What did you do!?"

Chanmi smashed her face into the pillow as she let out another scream. Her bedroom shook as she flung herself onto her bed and kicked her legs around. The moment she walked out of the office she ran out the door and towards her apartment. She had locked herself into her room and screamed in terror everytime her phone rang. Her eyes grew wide when she saw the missed texts and phone calls from both Baekhyun and Eunji.

"Why did you say that? Why would you do something as stupid as that!?"

She her back and stared at the cieling, calculating how long she could stay inside her room before starving to death. As if to answer her question, her stomach let out a huge moan and she jumped to her feet.

"There's nothing you can do about it now."

Chanmi quickly ordered some food and went into the living room. On the floor was the eleven photos of her potential soulmates covered with Pororo's hair. She glanced at all of them before frowning.

'There's supposed to be eleven so why is there twelve?'

She giggled as she tossed the odd one to the side, "Pororo did you put Baekhyun's picture there?"

She patted his head as she sat down on the couch. Her eyes scanned their faces again as she replayed what had happened earlier in her head. Why did she do that? Even she couldn't figure it out. Was it because they were the first people to show interest in her or was it because she felt sorry for what had happened? She wasn't sure but she felt something that she hadn't felt before in a long time.

Hope.

She woke up from her thoughts as the doorbell rang. Her eyes furrowed in confusion as she grabbed her money and walked to the door. She looked through the peephole and frowned when she noticed different colored bags or boxes in front of her door.

"What the—?"

The door creaked loudly as she pulled it open, unsure of what was going on. Her eyes practically jumped out of her face when she saw the familiar monolid eyes and excessive eyeliner.

"Help me move the suitcases inside. I didn't know what to bring so I brought everything from my closet that fits."

"Oppa? What are all those bags for?"

Baekhyun smiled triumphantly, "I'm moving in."

 

••••••••

author's corner; 

So I actually updated TWICE! *let me see how you gonna treat me!!* I can't believe I actually updated two days in a row. Again, I wanted to thank everyone who has subscribed, upvoted and commented. It means a lot to me. I'm on a roll because I finally realized what I want to do with this story and what direction I'm going to take it. I hope that you all join me on this path of rediscovery and helping me figure out why I will never accept Baekhyun as my secret bias. I REFUSE! LOL.  

So please don't forget to comment and upvote. I really want to hear from each and every one of you. Let me know what you think and what you wish could happen. Who knows? Maybe I can do something for you! :D Also, let me know on how to improve: whether it's this story, my writing or anything at all.

Thank you all!

tumblr_nwh3mgjQfP1tyhuflo1_500.gif

And here is a gif of the love of my girl biases: SANA!!