Soft Giggles and Awkward Smiles

How I Met Byun Baekhyun

"How are you feeling?"

"Nervous."

Chanmi fiddled with her dress as she stared out the window. Baekhyun had gotten her a new one, forcing her to store away the two green dresses that she owned. He stopped the car suddenly and pulled her hands away from her dress.

"You're going to make all the buttons fall out," He sighed, "Stop playing with them."

"Why did you get me a dress with so many buttons?" She argued, "It'll make things harder."

"What things?"

Chanmi looked away to hide her blushing face. She giggled softly as she tried to shake away the y thoughts running through her head.

"Who knows what will happen tonight?"

"What do you mean?"

Baekhyun felt his eyes widened as she playfully smacked his shoulder. He narrowed his eyes before gasping in shock as he stared at her.

"You don't mean?" Baekhyun gulped, "That, right?"

"Yeah," Chanmi giggled, "That."

He felt his face go red and shook his head as Chanmi continued giggling. The car suddenly stopped and Baekhyun got out of the car. He opened the door for her to step out of and she felt her heart race faster. They were outside a small theater and they were late.

"Please don't say things like that," He shuddered, "Then I can't get it out of my head."

"Why are you thinking about them?" She covered her chest, "ert."

"Me? A ert? Look who's talking!"

"It was just a simple joke."

Chanmi brushed back her hair and made her way towards the theater entrance. She was pulled back by Baekhyun as he held out his hand. She looked down and gave him a high five in response.

"Give me your bag," Baekhyun rolled his eyes, "And do something with your hair."

She handed over her bag and pulled out a hair tie. Baekhyun watched as she forced her hair into a messy ponytail before letting it fall back over her shoulders. He covered his face in frustration as she began to try different hairstyles.

"I don't know how to fix my hair," Chanmi confessed, "I just let it loose."

"Turn around."

Chanmi did as she was told and gasped when Baekhyun began to braid her hair. She winced and whimpered as he pulled her hair tightly, not noticing the satisfied smirk on his face. He quickly let go of her and nodded in approval as she massaged her scalp.

"How did you do that?" She clapped, "What can't you do?"

"Nothing," He smirked, "I am perfect."

"If you say so."

Chanmi fixed her dress one more time and straightened her back as she headed to the small theater. Baekhyun motioned for her to call him once the date was over and he went back to his office, his heart racing nervously. She waited by the doors and her eyes widened when a man walked up to her. He was wearing a dark suit and his hair was perfectly styled. His dark hair contrasted with his pale skin and his soft smile. Chanmi blushed deeply when he bowed and handed her a bouquet of red roses.

"H-hell-hello," He stammered, "I'm Kim Joonmyun."

"Park Chanmi," She smiled, "But you can can call me Chanmi."

"Then you can call me Suho."

"Suho?"

Suho rubbed the back of his neck and turned red as he tried to figure out how to explain his nickname. He turned back to Chanmi and stared as she sniffed the roses. She looked up at him and smiled wider when she held them out.

"Suho-ssi, they smell really nice," Chanmi giggled softly, "Smell them."

She stepped closer and held them so he could smell them too. Suho leaned in closer and smiled when he felt the coolness and freshness of the flowers. He looked up to see Chanmi staring at him with wide doe eyes. She leaned in closer and blinked at him.

"They smell nice," Suho nodded, "But you smell nicer."

Suho cringed at his answer and bit his lips. Unlike Luhan and Kris who always seem to have what they called game, he was too shy and dorky to talk to other girls. He could tell right away that he had completely messed up his chances. So much for being a rich chaebol.

"Thank you."

Chanmi covered her face with the bouquet and reached out to grab Suho's arm. She took a deep breath and slipped her arm inside his and looked up to see Suho blinking widely at her. He reached out to grab her arm when she let go and smiled widely. Chanmi couldn't help but giggle when she noticed his geeky smile and crescent moon eyes. 

"Do you like watching plays?" Suho asked, "We can go somewhere else if you want."

Somewhere else. Chanmi looked away and tried to stop her giggles. Just the thought of going somewhere else was enough to make her mind race with several ideas. She glanced down at her dress and sighed when she realized there were too many buttons.

"There's too many," She whined, "He'll leave before anything happens."

"Did you say something?"

Chanmi looked up at Suho and shook her head, "Nothing at all. And yes, I do like plays. Much better than movies in my opinion."

"Really?" Suho grew eager, "I hope you like this one."

They made their way inside and sat down to watch the play. Chanmi couldn't take her eyes off of Suho as he watched it. The way his eyes grew bright every time he laughed or moaned along with everyone else. The way he would mouth the words to himself as the cast sang. She was too busy staring at him that she didn't notice him staring back at her. He leaned in closer and brushed back her hair.

"Are you okay?" Suho asked, "You look distracted."

"Huh?" Chanmi shook her head, "I'm fine."

"They why were you staring at me?"

"Because you look so y."

Suho began to cough as Chanmi kept staring. He didn't expect her to be so blunt but he actually liked it. He turned back to her and laughed when she looked away. Suho leaned in closer and whispered into your ear.

"How y did I look?" His breath was hot in her ear, "Very y?"

Chanmi gulped and nodded slowly, "You have no idea."

Chanmi fidgeted in her seat as she turned back to watch the play. She had no idea what was going on but reacted alongside everyone else. She could feel Suho's gaze on her face and she glanced at him. He winked at her before turning back to stare at the stage. The play soon ended and they walked out. Suho watched as Chanmi avoided his gaze as she stared at the roses in her hands.

"Are you hungry?" Suho stepped closer, "Should we get something to eat?"

"I-if yo-you wan-want," Chanmi stammered, "I don't mind at all."

Suho grabbed her hand and they walked to a nearby restaurant. Chanmi made sure to eat as much food as possible without looking like a pig. Her eyes grew wide when the waiter set a smoothie in front of her, the thick blue straw sticking out. She took a deep breath and bit her lips as she fought back the urge to take it. Suho stared at her curiously as she began to fidget, wanting to get away as soon as possible. He quickly paid for the meal and watched as she practically ran outside. Suho followed after her and gasped when she tripped over her heels. Chanmi fell to the floor and winced as she grabbed her knee.

"Are you okay?" Suho crouched down besides her, "Does it hurt?"

"A little bit," Chanmi whimpered, "But this happens all the time."

She squealed as Suho forced her to get onto his back. He wrapped his arms tightly around her legs and walked. Placing her arms delicately around him, Chanmi rested her head on his back. They soon ended up at her bookstore since it was nearby. 

"Thank you," She murmured when he set her down, "I'm sorry."

"Why?" He asked, "This stuff happens."

Chanmi led him inside her store and made her way to the back. She grabbed the first aid kit but stopped when Suho lifted her up and placed her on top of the desk. He leaned down and wiped away at the large cut. She could feel her heart race as he gently blew on her knee, making her shiver slightly. Suho glanced at her and brushed back her hair.

"Let me know if it hurts," Suho said, "Okay?"

"Okay."

Suho finished cleaning her cut and let her down, keeping his arm wrapped tightly around her waist. Chanmi felt goosebumps all over her body as she made her way to the front. She looked up to see him scanning several books, his eyes shining in interest. Reaching out, she quickly handed over a book to him. Suho noticed her rosy cheeks and smiled softly.

"This is a good book," Chanmi whispered, "you might like it."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

Chanmi handed it to him and smiled when he tucked it underneath his arm. Suho looked around once more before letting go of her. He blinked at her before bowing, getting ready to leave. Suho leaned in closer and kissed her lightly on the cheeks before walking out of the store. Chanmi's eyes followed after him before she looked down at her knee. Her eyes flew open when she noticed his phone number on the bandaid, making her blush.

"I knew I should have worn a different dress," Chanmi sighed, "Why are there so many buttons!?"

••••••••

"So what did you think?"

"It was nice."

Baekhyun looked up from his desk and stared at Chanmi who was playing with her hair. She was wordlessly staring at her phone as she played with the straws on the coffee table. She jumped in surprise when he smacked the desk to get her attention.

"What's wrong?" Baekhyun frowned, "Did something bad happen?"

"No," Chanmi shook her head, "I was just thinking of something else."

"What?"

"The fact that Suho-ssi hasn't responded to my texts."

"Suho?"

"Kim Joonmyun," She rolled her eyes, "From group A."

"The rich chaebol?" He nodded, "What about him?"

"He hasn't called or texted me yet."

Baekhyun narrowed his eyes and leaned back in his chair. He glanced at the clock and mentally screamed when he noticed how late it was. Chanmi had been sitting on the couch for the past 2 hours staring at her phone. There was a loud squeal as she bolted up, her phone ringing loudly in the silent room.

"What do I do!?" Chanmi helplessly looked at Baekhyun, "What should I say!?"

"Say exactly what I say," He ordered, "Pick it up before he hangs up!"

Chanmi put on a bright smile and answered the call. She turned to see Baekhyun grab a notepad and a pen, jotting down notes. She cleared and took a deep breath.

"Hello?"

"Chanmi-ssi!" Suho said, "I'm so sorry for not picking up, I had meetings all day."

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow and shook his head. 'Meetings', a typical excuse for saying he didn't want to answer but had to. He looked down at the notepad and began to write something down.

"Liar," He muttered, "What meetings?"

"Liar," Chanmi repeated, "What meetings?"

"Excuse me?" Suho coughed, "What do you mean?"

"Yah!" Baekhyun hissed, "Why did you say that!?"

"You said to say whatever you say."

"I didn't mean everything!"

Chanmi realized what she said and smacked her head. She could hear Suho waiting on the other line, clearing his throat here and there as he heard muffled screams in the background.

"I'm so sorry!" Chanmi flinched, "I didn't mean to say that."

"Then why did you mean to say?" Suho asked, "Are you mad?"

"Say no," Baekhyun whispered, "That it's mean a long day."

"No... but..."

"But what?"

Chanmi glanced at Baekhyun before sighing, "Actually I am a little upset. I texted you but you didn't even bother to reply with a simple 'I'm busy but I'll call you later' or 'Just wait a bit longer'." She looked away and bit her lips, "I'm sorry."

She could hear Baekhyun gasp when she muttered those words. For the first time ever, she had gone against him. To be honest, Chanmi was upset but she didn't really have a reason to be. They barely met two days ago. Chanmi realized her mistake right away and closed her eyes, expecting Suho to either scoff at her or hang up. Instead her cheeks blushed a deep red when she heard him chuckle.

"I'm sorry," Suho chuckled, "You have every right to be upset. I really wanted to text you back but the old farts here have been keeping me busy." He let out a sigh, "Why can't I just have some more free time with you?"

Chanmi covered to hide her smile. Baekhyun rolled his eyes at the cheesiness of what Suho said. It was like listening to a manlier version of Chanmi. 'A perfect match,' he thought. Two cheesy and weird people. He reached out and handed her a sheet of paper with notes on it:

  • Ask him how he is doing
  • Ask him when are you going for a second date
  • do not DO NOT mention anything about your other dates
  • And DO NOT call him oppa

 

"So... Suho-ssi?" Chanmi stared at the notes, "How have you been doing?"

"Perfectly fine, especially ever since you mentioned me being y," Suho laughed, "My friends didn't believe me when I told them."

"You told him he was y?" Baekhyun whispered, "Seriously?"

"Really?" She giggled, "Maybe you should record it next time?"

"Next time?"

"Huh? I mean- yeah, well maybe?- or not? Whatever you want?"

"Are you sure?" Suho snorted, "Can you handle my iness?"

"We'll have to see then," Chanmi twirled her hair, "I want to see how much I can handle."

"I can't wait then. I'll see you soon Chanmi-ssi."

"I hope so Suho-ssi."

Chanmi hung up with a satisfied smile and turned to Baekhyun who was staring at her with raised eyebrows. He sat down in the chair in front of her and crossed his legs, ready to hear everything.

"What was that?" Baekhyun asked, "You didn't seem to be so shy like last time."

"What do you mean?" Chanmi frowned, "I did as you told me too. I got a second date."

"You were flirting. You turned red."

"N-no I-I didn't!"

"You were. I saw everything."

"Then you saw wrong."

Baekhyun leaned in closer and smirked, "Who knew innocent Chanmi could flirt so well?"

"Why?" She argued, "I can't?"

"I didn't say that. Did I say that?"

She stood up and stuck out her tongue before grabbing her bag. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and waved as she walked out, almost falling as she tripped over her loose shoelaces. Chanmi fixed her hair and brushed it back before bowing at him.

"Thank you for your time CEO Byun," Chanmi sarcastically said, "I learned so much."

"I'm glad I could help," He rolled his eyes, "I hope I did my best."

"You sure did."

Chanmi bowed once more and walked away, waving at Ms. Song before heading outside. She let out a small scream when she missed the last step of the stairs and almost fell to the ground. There was a loud snort and stiffled laughter and she turned to see Baekhyun staring at her with an amused smile. She stood up and raised her head up high.

"I did it on purpose."

"I'm sure you did."

"I'll see you later," She blinked, "Bye."

"Don't forget you have a date tomorrow night!" Baekhyun called, "Call me after it's over!"

"Okay!"

••••••••

Suho stared at the powerpoint presentation, trying desperately to not close his eyes. He kept nodding as he heard one of the interns talking, yawning every once in a while. His phone vibrated on loudly on his desk, making the small group of employees turn to look at him. He let out an embarrassed smile and looked at his phone, his face growing deep red.

Hello Suho-ssi, I hope you got back safely. Thank you for helping me.

What did that mean? Why didn't she mention the date? All Suho could think about was what he had wrong or what he said. He thumped his forehead as he muttered to himself.

"It must be my smile," He sighed, "No wonder Kris said I look like a e."

He turned back to the text and began to reply before stopping. What should he say? Suho rocked back and forth in his seat, his fingers flying over the keyboard.

Of course I got back fine. I hope you did too. Does your knee still hurt? Should I come over to clean it for you again?

"Aish!" Suho grew frustrated, "Why does that sound so dirty!?"

The room grew silent as the group turned to look at their CEO. They stood up and ran out the room, noticing Suho motioning for them to leave. He kept staring at his phone and rested his head on the desk, stomping his feet. He closed his eyes and fell asleep, his phone still in his hands.

Two hours later and Suho bolted up, wiping away his drool. He looked around the room and his eyes focused on his phone one more time. Cursing at himself, he quickly dialed Chanmi, hoping she wouldn't be angry at him.

Within a few seconds, he heard her answer. There was a bit of a choking sound and Chanmi cleared . Suho noticed that her voice wasn't as cheery as he remembered.

'You've done ed up now Kim Joonmyun.'

"Hello?"

"Chanmi-ssi!" Suho said, "I'm so sorry for not picking up, I had meetings all day."

"Liar," Chanmi repeated, "What meetings?"

"Excuse me?" Suho coughed, "What do you mean?"

He frowned when he heard her scream a little bit before the call was muted. Suho rubbed his temples before standing up, hearing her back on the other line.

"I'm so sorry!" Chanmi flinched, "I didn't mean to say that."

"Then why did you mean to say?" Suho asked, "Are you mad?"

"No... but..."

"But what?"

Suho pulled out his wallet and turned to see his secretary staring at him through the door. He ran to her and ordered her to order a large bouquet of roses for Chanmi. 'Make sure they are big, red and that they smell nice' he mouthed. 

"Actually I am a little upset. I texted you but you didn't even bother to reply with a simple 'I'm busy but I'll call you later' or 'Just wait a bit longer'." Chanmi sighed, "I'm sorry."

So it wasn't him! It wasn't his creepy smile or extremely wide forehead! Suho giggled softly to himself when he realized that he wasn't too strange or weird for her. 

"I'm sorry," Suho chuckled, "You have every right to be upset. I really wanted to text you back but the old farts here have been keeping me busy." He let out a sigh, "Why can't I just have some more free time with you?"

"So... Suho-ssi? How have you been doing?"

"Perfectly fine, especially ever since you mentioned me being y," Suho laughed, "My friends didn't believe me when I told them."

"Really?" She giggled, "Maybe you should record it next time?"

"Next time?"

"Huh? I mean- yeah, well maybe?- or not? Whatever you want?"

"Are you sure?" Suho snorted, "Can you handle my iness?"

"We'll have to see then," Chanmi twirled her hair, "I want to see how much I can handle."

"I can't wait then. I'll see you soon Chanmi-ssi."

"I hope so Suho-ssi."

Suho hung up and leaned back in his chair. He looked up to see the secretary step inside and bow, holding out a small slip of paper. He quickly wrote down the address of where the roses were to be sent but stopped when he had an idea.

"I want you to order everything from the most expensive flower shop. Teddy bears, flowers, balloons! Everything!" Suho smiled, "But don't make it seem too cheesy or tacky."

"Excuse me?" The secretary grew wide eyed, "Everything?"

"Yeah. Everything that would say 'I liked meeting you and I hope to see you more'."

"Then I shouldn't order everything then."

"Why not?" He frowned, "Is it too much?"

"Yes."

Suho tapped his chin and nodded, knowing that if he did that then Chanmi might find it creepy. He paced back and forth before stopping, his eyes wide. He turned to his secretary and smiled.

"Get the car ready," Suho ordered, "We're going shopping."

••••••••

 

✉ author's corner;

Ahh! I managed to update! Suho is one smooth motherer here. Like damn. /blows face with hand/ So leave many comments below! Which date did you like better? Of course I'm going to have to go with my Suho baby. You can't go wrong with him. Lol. I'm really sorry if this chapter seems crappy but eh, I'm tired and I didn't want to do my homework. So yeah, the next chapter will deal with Kris before we move on to the next group! Yay! Aren't you guys excited??? Because I am. Also, how is the story going so far? Is it too slow or too fast? Or too boring? Please let me know below! Don't forget to leave comments and to upvote!For being so patient, here is dorky Sehun as a gift!

tumblr_n0l0rnAEay1r86lhbo2_500.gif