Rejection

Jonghyun the Genie

Ji Eun took a step back while Doojoon took a step nearer, his eyes twinkling.

"Ji Eun sshi, I'm sure you're aware of this." he smiled softly. "I've always liked you, from the first day you began working as Beast's makeup artist."

Ji Eun felt her hands turn cold. Jonghyun, who had turned back into a genie, floated near to watch the show.

He frowned slightly when he saw the expression Ji Eun was wearing. It wasn't one of a happy and blissful expression he had so often seen.

What was this? Fear? Confusion? Regret?

"Believe me when I say that I like you Ji Eun sshi." Doojoon confessed. "I'm willing to spend every single day of my life with you. I promise to be there with you forever."

Ji Eun flinched.

She had heard similar words before. And what happened?

She was thrown away, forgotten, hurt and scarred.

She hated things like this. She took a step away and shook her head.

"Please don't say things like that." she whispered.

Doojoon searched her eyes, surprised to find them full of regret, doubt and hurt.

"Ji Eun sshi.." Doojoon's voice cracked.

Ji Eun bit her lips and lowered her gaze. "I'm sorry Doojoon sshi. I can only be your makeup artist, I can't be anything else."

Doojoon frowned and tried hard to keep his face a smiling one. He came nearer and took one of Ji Eun's hands in his.

Ji Eun flinched and retracted her hand in a flash.

"Please just give me a chance Ji Eun sshi." Doojoon pleaded.

Ji Eun looked down. "Please don't say things like that." she whispered.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. When she once again looked back up at him, her face was hardened and determined, cold.

"I don't want love in my life Yoon Doojoon sshi." Ji Eun said firmly. "I don't want a boyfriend, a lover, a soulmate. It's not your fault. Please look for someone else who is more suitable for you."

She handed the bouquet of flowers back to the heartbroken Doojoon and walked away.

Doojoon looked at the flowers and frowned. *What did I do wrong?*

Kyuhyun stared at the screen, his brows raised. *A girl that doesn't want love? That's a first.*

He went out of the room, where all his hyung's had already left.

He saw Ji Eun walking down the corridor to get her things. Many people were looking at her. The girl who just rejected the leader of Beast in front of everyone.

She had a cold look in her eyes that made everyone cower away.

Kyuhyun met eyes with her and he smiled. Ji Eun looked away coldly like she didn't see him.

He watched as Ji Eun walked into Beast's room, get her bag and makeup kit, and walk off.

*She's one special girl.* Kyuhyun found a tiny smile crawling up his lips.



"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU??" Jonghyun roared. "Why didn't you accept Doojoon? He's such a great guy!"

Ji Eun rolled her eyes and pursed her lips irritatedly. "I told you I don't need love."

"Yeah." Jonghyun frowned. "But Doojoon is such a great man! He's good looking, sings and dances, has a steady and growing income! So many girls would have died to be in your position!"

The SHINee pixies nodded in agreement.

"No matter how great the guy is it doesn't matter." Ji Eun wrinkled her nose. "I don't need love means I don't need love. So please don't waste your time on me and find another master."

Jonghyun frowned. "No way. I'll make sure I complete my mission." he scowled at her.

Ji Eun rolled her eyes and went to get her clothes to change. Jonghyun and the SHINee pixies looked at each other.

"Now how are we going to become human again?" Key sighed.