Weakness and Forgiveness

Jonghyun the Genie

"Oh my god I don't want to die!!" Key wailed and thrashed wildly in Onew's arms.

"Me too! I haven't lived to eat chicken yet!" Onew dropped Key and the latter landed on the couch.

"Yah! Don't be stupid! You can't die if you're already dead and are living as pixies now!" Minho retorted.

"I'm scared Jonghyun Hyung~~" Taemig tugged on Jonghyun's pants. "Can you check out what's making that noise?"

Jonghyun gulped and turned even paler than before. He shot an accusing look at Onew. "Yah! Shouldn't you be the one? Aren't you the oldest?" he accused.

"But I'm not the one with magic powers here!" Onew protested. "You go Jonghyun!"

"Yeah Yeobo!" Key whined. "Just go! I'm being scared out of my spongebob underwear!"

"You aren't even wearing spongebob underwear!" Minho protested.

"Just saying~" Key rolled his eyes.

Without another chance, Jonghyun floated to where the cries were the loudest. He traced the cries and found them coming from Ji Eun's room.

His eyes widened. *Don't tell me.. There's a ghost in there!! Omg Ji Eun!*

"Don't worry Ji Eun I'm coming to save you!" Jonghyun yelled and flew though the door, rushing in.

He charged at top speed and halted so suddenly, he did a somersault in the air.

He was surprised to find a heap under the blanket on Ji Eun's bed, trembling and sobbing. He floated nearer cautiously.

"Ji Eun?" he asked hesitantly.

"Of course it's me!" the sobbing heap snapped.

"Oh it's really you!" Jonghyun blinked. "What's happening?"

Ji Eun peeked out from under the blankets with red puffy eyes. "I'm just a tinsy weensy bit scared of-"

ROARRRRRRR

The thunder cracked. Ji Eun squealed in fear and ducked under the blankets again, trembling.

"You're scared of the thunder?" Jonghyun raised his brows. He never expected her to be scared of anything in fact.

ROAARRRRRRRR

Ji Eun shook more violently, her sobs becoming louder. Jonghyun softened and he went nearer to her. He muttered some magic words under his breath, turning into a human.

Ji Eun blinked in surprise when she felt a weight on her bed. She peeked from her blanket and saw Jonghyun wrapping his arms round her waist.

"Eh?" she gasped.

Jonghyun smiled warmly and pulled her closer, rubbing her back in a soothing fashion.

"If it's scary during a thunderstorm, having someone with you will help." Jonghyun winked. "Someone like a hot genie."

Ji Eun rolled her eyes despite the tears that were falling. The thunder rang again and she ducked her head in Jonghyun's bare chest, shivering in fright.

"Hey it's okay." Jonghyun comforted tenderly. "Big girls don't cry."

Ji Eun nodded and closed her eyes, trying to sleep. Memories of her past came rushing out of her memory gates, and she fell asleep thinking of them.

FLASHBACK

ROARRRRRRR

"Ah! Eotteohke?!" Young 6 year old Ji Eun cried in fear and cowered at the corner of her bed.

The other kids at the orphanage were soundly asleep, oblivious to the bad weather. There was no one to share the fear with, no one to seek comfort from.

Ji Eun cried softly, trying not to wake anyone else up. The loud roars of the thunder made it extremely frightening, like she was going to be kidnapped away from this place.

Away from a place she called home.

"Hey Mrs Lollipop. Don't cry.." a young boy crawled into Ji Eun's bed.

Ji Eun rubbed her eyes and saw a familiar Oppa through her tears. "Mr Lollipop?" she croaked.

The young boy smiled and went towards her, hugging her waist. "Yah! Is my Mrs Lollipop scared of the thunder?" he teased.

Ji Eun frowned and her bottom lip trembled. "I'm not scared.." she fibbed. "Its just that.. It was a thunderstorm night when my parents left me too." she said softly.

The older boy softened and he patted her head. "It's okay Mrs Lollipop. Mr Lollipop is here for you." he promised. "Don't cry. Big girls don't cry."

Ji Eun nodded obediently and closed her eyes, drifting off to slumberland with her best and only friend.

END OF FLASHBACK

Jonghyun watched as Ji Eun frowned in her sleep. "Why did you leave?" she mumbled.

"What?" Jonghyun asked, not catching. He sighed and her hair softly, rocking her body in a slow comforting rhythm.

Ji Eun soon settled down and slept soundly. Jonghyun gazed at her sleeping face and bit his lip.

*Just what past is this girl hiding? She has weaknesses, and she doesn't want anyone to see it. But won't she be tired like this?* he sighed.

"Park Ji Eun. You're so strange." Jonghyun whispered, as he changed back to a genie when the hour was up.



Ji Eun woke up the next day feeling much better. She recalled the previous night's happenings and she reddened, thinking that she let someone see such a miserable side of her.

"Aigoo!" she knocked her own head. "Why did I let him see me like that!" she mumbled.

"It's okay being like that."

Ji Eun looked up to see Jonghyun smiling down at her. Ji Eun looked away awkwardly and bit her lip.

Jonghyun fluttered down and settled in front of her. "You okay now?" he asked, concerned.

Ji Eun nodded stiffly. "Yeah I'm fine." she said curtly. "Thanks."

Jonghyun smiled. "Then I guess I'm forgiven for yesterday?" he smirked.

Ji Eun rolled her eyes but could not stop her head from nodding. Jonghyun's face broke into a bright smile.

He gazed at her softly before asking," What do you do when it's thunderstorm and there's no one around?" he asked suddenly.

Ji Eun blinked. She lowered her gaze and bit her lip. "I cry myself to sleep." she mumbled under her breath.

Jonghyun winced at how sad she sounded. *This girl.. She bears everything herself.*

"I promise that I'll be with you for the rest of the thunderstorms, as long as I'm your genie." Jonghyun promised, giving her a bright smile.

Ji Eun rolled her eyes and went to the bathroom, but a sweet smile soon appeared on her face.

 

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hey Peeps! I need some help and I want your opinion tooXD

I really have no idea who to feature in my next fic (which won't be in a while, but i'm kind of planning the story so I want to finalize the characters so I can suit the story to their character.)

So please help with this poll okay?

The choices are between SHINee's Key and Big Bang G-Dragon.

I'm open to other choices as well and you can comment or post on my wall:D

CLICK HERE

Thank you for your time!