Is this love?

Jonghyun the Genie

"Why didn't come back to look for me?" Ji Eun asked quietly.

She and Kyuhyun were seated on the balcony, with two cups of coffee between them. She stared out into the magnificent view of the night sky while Kyuhyun stared at her.

"I'm sorry." Kyuhyun lowered his gaze and gripped his cup tightly. "I tried to return. But my foster family brought me away to Busan to live a rural life. I tried to return to Seoul, and so I joined SM entertainment."

He took a deep breath and bit his lip. "I guess I was too caught up in the stardom, and I didn't find time to go back to the orphanage. When I finally did, you left."

Ji Eun nodded. "At least you're back now." she mumbled.

Kyuhyun took her hand in his and searched her eyes. "I'm really sorry for leaving you like this. I promise I won't leave you ever again."

Ji Eun's face hardened. Promises. She hated promises, because people will be bound to break them somehow.

"Trust me okay?" Kyuhyun squeezed her hand. "This time, I won't leave you."

Ji Eun bit her lip and remained quiet.



The next day, when Kyuhyun asked Ji Eun out on a date, she naturally agreed. They were somewhere between friends and lovers.

Kyuhyun and Ji Eun walked down the street, with Kyuhyun wrapped in his commoner disguise.

The funny thing is that even if he was really famous and there were loads of ELFs out there, he wasn't found out. Maybe to fans, their idols just lived on the Tv screen, and aren't real. Not once did Kyuhyun get recognized.

Kyuhyun glanced at Ji Eun who was looking round her, at the shops they walked past. His hand slowly made it's way towards hers and laced their fingers together.

Ji Eun jerked away on instinct. Kyuhyun frowned. "I'm sorry. I moved too quickly." Kyuhyun apologized.

Ji Eun felt bad and she put her hand out. "I wasn't ready. Let's try again." she suggested.

Kyuhyun smiled brightly and took her hand again. He liked the way how his large palm could wrap around her tiny one entirely.

Ji Eun stiffened uncomfortably. She wasn't used to this.

Or maybe it just didn't feel right. She didn't think it felt comfortable like when Jonghyun held her hand.

Jonghyun saw red when he saw Kyuhyun hold Ji Eun's hand. He nearly strangled the four innocent pixies.

"What does that Kyuhyun think he's doing!" he shrieked, following behind Kyuhyun and Ji Eun. "He's being excessively touchy!"

Key rolled his eyes. "What's your problem Yeobo?" he scoffed. "It's just holding hands!"

"What holding hands?" Jonghyun glared. "You can get aids by holding hands you know!" he growled.

"That Cho Kyuhyun isn't such a great person after all!" he decided. "I have to find another better guy for Ji Eun baby!"

"Huh but Hyung!" Taemin frowned. "If Kyuhyun isn't good enough, who is?"

Jonghyun twisted his lips deep in thought. "Someone hot, cool, responsible, awesome and handsome." he concluded. "Someone like me!"

Minho rolled his eyes. "Jonghyun Hyung you're behaving like an overprotective boyfriend now!"

Jonghyun's eyes widened. "What? Who? Me?" he guffawed. "Don't kid me!"

"It's true! You're behaving like a love sick puppy!" Onew raised his brows. "Oh my god Jonghyun you fell in love with Ji Eun!"

Jonghyun rolled his eyes. "Yeah right. You know me! I like girls with big s, thin waist and a firm y !" he scoffed. "Ji Eun has none of those!"

"That's what makes this real love!" Key protested. "Because you love her because she's Park Ji Eun, and not because of her body or whatsoever."

Jonghyun bit his lip. This wasn't possible. Right?

"But Jonghyun ah, you can't fall for her! Anyone but her! She's your master!" Onew warned.

"I don't love her." Jonghyun said firmly, convincing himself more than convincing them.

He turned his gaze back to Kyuhyun and Ji Eun, who have now entered a cafe and Kyuhyun was brushing Ji Eun's hair out of her face affectionately, while the latter stayed stiff, too polite to back away.

Jonghyun wanted to be the one next to her instead of that Kyuhyun.

He needed some time to clear his thoughts. And he needed to deal with that Jin Ae before anything else happens.

He flew to Ji Eun's bag and broke of the lamp from her bag before she could notice and flew away for a breather.