Her silent protector

Jonghyun the Genie

Ji Eun switched the Tv on to catch the news and the screen stopped at an advertisement for the next episode of a drama. It showed the male and female lead confessing to each other and kissing.

Ji Eun stopped and lowered her gaze. "I wonder what that feels like." she mumbled.

She sighed. *Kyuhyun hasn't made any move to kiss me yet, but I'm kind of glad. I don't think I'm ready.*

"It's just.. when I see Kyuhyun, I don't have any desire to kiss him at all." she mumbled. "It's a little like kissing your brother. But Kyuhyun is the one for me right? He's the only possible person to have changed me."

"He's the one..right?"

 

Jonghyun waited impatiently as Jessica and her new target spent the night ing. Their moans and groans were sounded throughout the house.

"Oh god that Jessica is such a ." Onew wrinkled his nose. "She has had so many guys already and we are still here. She doesn't even love those guys!"

"I wonder how many times they kissed today." Minho frowned. "If he was the one we would have been human a long time ago."

"What are they doing inside exactly?" Taemin asked curiously.

"YAH NO ASKING!" Key snapped.

A familiar roar sounded outside and Jonghyun's head snapped towards the window. Rain started pelting down heavily and thunder was roaring, getting louder by the minute.

"Oh no. It's a thunderstorm." Jonghyun frowned. "Ji Eun will be scared."

"Go to her hyung." Minho urged. "She needs you."

"But Jessica.." Jonghyun hesitated.

"I don't think her activity will end before the morning." Key assured. "Take the lamp with you so you can stay longer."

Jonghyun smiled gratefully and flew to Ji eun's apartment. He entered the familiar premises and saw the ball curled up on the bed, shivering.

He softened. *My baby girl is still afraid.*

He muttered a few words and transformed into a human. Ji Eun was shaking unconciously, a frown etched deep on her face.

Jonghyun laid down beside her on the bed carefully and brought her head towards his chest. He her hair gently and kissed her forehead. "Don't be scared Ji Eun baby, I'll be here with you." he whispered.

He rocked her body in a steady comforting fashion, watching as she slowly calmed down. The frown on her face was replaced by a peaceful expression as her breathing steadied.

"I love you, Ji Eun baby." Jonghyun whispered and kissed the side of her head as he watched her sleep.

 

Ji Eun woke up in the morning and opened the window. Her brows raised.

"It rained last night?" she pondered.

She vaguely remembered the fear in the thunderstorm, the way she shook as she slept. She remembered a safe presence, a comforting one, that brought her back to safety and peace.

She shrugged it off, thinking it was impossible to have another person around when she was asleep.

 

"Ji Eun ah!" Kyuhyun ran up to her and looked at her worriedly. "Are you alright? There was a thunderstorm yesterday night! Did you sleep enough?"

Ji Eun gasped softly. *So there really was a thunderstorm last night.*

"Yeah I did." Ji eun smiled. "I remember being scared but.. somehow I managed to sleep peacefully again."

Doubt flashed in Kyuhyun's eyes. Krystal narrowed her eyes suspiciously. *Could that have been Jonghyun?*

"It must have been me thinking of you!" Kyuhyun chuckled and ruffled her hair.

 

Krystal left Kyuhyun for a moment and followed Ji Eun. She had a feeling it was Jonghyun that was with Ji eun the previous night.

She couldn't find Jonghyun no matter how hard she looked for the past 3 months.

Now there was finally a lead.

Ji eun trudged home herself since Kyuhyun had a radio program to go to at night and could not give her a ride. She passed by a pub near her house and walked away quickly.

She vaguely remembered being attacked by two lechers before, but she could not remember how she got out of it.

Just then, a man caught her eye.

"Oh god Jessica why did you drink so much?" Jonghyun muttered. "Now I have to be a human and you're wasting my one hour of human time I have each day!"

Jessica smiled and mumbled incoherent words.

Jonghyun rolled his eyes and helped her into a cab nearby.

Ji Eun froze when she saw Jonghyun. There was this unexplainable feeling that engulfed her.

Her heart began beating rapidly, her face flushing red, her breathing becoming irratic.

*Who is he?* She frowned. *Why do I feel like I know him?*

Jonghyun got into the cab after Jessica and closed the door.

Ji Eun started panicking. She didn't know why. She didn't know the guy. But she wanted to see him. She needed to.

The cab took off and Ji Eun started running after it.

"STOP! STOP!" she screamed. "HEY! I SAID STOP!"

The cab soon disappeared out of sight and Ji Eun halted, huffing and panting. *That man.. I'm sure I know him. Where have I seen him before? Where...*

Krystal had tears flowing down her cheeks as she watched what unfolded in front of her.

"They both love each other." she whispered. "They really do."