I'm sorry to her, she's sorry to him

Jonghyun the Genie

Jonghyun felt a lump on his throat when he heard her call his name. It has been three months since he heard his name coming from .

But it felt like three thousand years.

Jonghyun felt a familiar tugging at his chest. He wanted to run to her, embrace her, tell her his feelings.

But he can't. He's still a genie.

*I promised myself to come back for you once I turn back into human.* Jonghyun thought to himself. *But I didn't plan on what to do if I was still a genie.*

"Jonghyun." Ji Eun took a step nearer, tears flowing freely down her cheeks.

She wanted to see him so bad. All these months she has been living in an illusion.

The person who changed her was him.

"Why did you leave, Jonghyun?" Ji Eun whispered, staring into his eyes. "Why did you erase my memory of you and leave?"

Jonghyun gulped and looked away. *Because I love you.*

"Why Jonghyun just tell me!" Ji Eun screamed, attracting stares from around the shop. The customers were looking at her like she was mad, which was perfectly reasonable since she looked like she was talking to herself.

"I'm dating Kyuhyun." she whispered.

Jonghyun felt a stab in his heart no matter how many times he heard this. "I know." Jonghyun said in a low voice.

"You don't care do you?" Ji Eun looked at him tearfully. "I've been living in an illusion for the past three months thinking I love Kyuhyun! If I didn't see you now, my memories wouldn't have returned! Why did you have to leave and erase my memories!"

"Because I'm fed up with you."

Ji Eun froze and stared at Jonghyun in shock. "What did you say?" she breathed.

"I said." Jonghyun mustered all his courage to stare into her eyes. "I was fed up with you."

"You keep rejecting Kyuhyun over and over again. Did you think I have that much patience?" Jonghyun snapped. "I want to be human as soon as possible so that I can bang girls once more! And you're not helping!"

Ji Eun shook her head. *No this can't be. This can't be the Jonghyun I knew. He wasn't this cold and heartless. What happened?*

"So what can I do?" Jonghyun asked coldly. "I changed masters. At least Jessica doesn't turn guys down and there may be a chance of finding her love. I was wasting my time on you."

"What happened to not giving up?" Ji Eun cried. "I thought you said you'll help me no matter what!"

"There's a limit to my patience." Jonghyun replied coldly. "And you have long since passed it."

Ji Eun stared at Jonghyun who flew off, leaving the SHINee pixies looking at her with sad eyes. They knew what Jonghyun was going through.

"I don't believe you Jonghyun." she whispered.



"Kyuhyun, kiss me."

Kyuhyun's eyes widened in surprise and he stared back at Ji Eun with his jaw opened. "I beg your pardon?" he gasped.

"I said," Ji Eun said louder this time. "Kiss me."

Kyuhyun laughed awkwardly. He wasn't ready. Not for the kiss, but he wasn't ready to go through the test. The test if their feelings were mutual.

"Hahaha Ji Eun you're so cute." Kyuhyun pinched her cheek. "Oppa's kind of tired let's do that tomorrow."

"Kyuhyun I know about the genies." Ji Eun said in a low voice. "I lost my memories of Jonghyun for three months and you didn't say anything. I need to confirm this Kyuhyun Oppa. Please."

Kyuhyun turned back to look at her with pleading eyes. "Ji Eun ah." he tried saying. "We are doing well aren't we? That's all that matters! If we kiss and Krystal doesn't turn into human.."

"It means we aren't fated to be." Ji Eun finished. She looked at Kyuhyun and searched his eyes. "Oppa, I know you love me. But I really don't want to live in a lie any longer. I need to know if we are fated."

"Ji Eun ah-"

"Please?" Ji Eun begged.

Kyuhyun's arms fell to his sides and he heaved a sigh. *The day I dreaded the most finally came.*

"Fine." Kyuhyun nodded. "Let's kiss."

Kyuhyun cupped Ji Eun's cheeks and tilted her head towards his. He searched her round orbs and saw her eyes filled with determination and guilt.

*This isn't how you're supposed to look when you're kissing someone you love.* Kyuhyun frowned.

Ji Eun closed her eyes and she felt Kyuhyun's breath on her lips. She squeezed her eyes shut, waiting for his lips to touch hers.

But they never did.

Kyuhyun let go of Ji Eun's cheeks and looked down. Ji Eun opened her eyes, surprised. "Oppa?" she whispered.

"You love Jonghyun." Kyuhyun said in a small voice. "He's the one who caught your heart. When he told me he was going away, I thought it was a great chance to court you. But deep down I knew it was too late. You loved him already and there was no place left for me."

"Oppa.." Ji Eun croaked.

"Go back to him Ji Eun ah." Kyuhyun smiled softly. "He loves you."

Ji Eun's eyes rounded. "What?" she gasped.

Kyuhyun chuckled softly. "He does he really does." he nodded. "That's why he went away. So that he could be a human and come back for you. He really loves you Ji Eun ah."

Ji Eun squeezed her eyes shut to prevent her tears from dropping. "I'm sorry Kyuhyun Oppa." she whispered.

Kyuhyun wiped her tears away and smiled. "It's okay. You can't force love like that." Kyuhyun smiled. "At least I got to meet you way way before Jonghyun did right? I guess it would take some time for Krystal to turn into human."

Ji Eun wrapped her arms round Kyuhyun's waist and hugged him tight. *I'm sorry Kyuhyun Oppa. I'm so sorry.*