Comfort

Jonghyun the Genie

Ji Eun stared puffy eyed at the only family photo she had of her parents. She the faces of her parents and a tear landed on their faces.

Jonghyun sighed and sat beside her. "You alright?" he asked softly.

Ji Eun blinked and bit her lip. "Why does it hurt that much?" she croaked.

She sighed and looked up at Jonghyun. "They abandoned me, Jonghyun. They decided that I wasn't worthy of their new lives and abandoned me." she took a deep breath, controlling her tears. "I swore to hate them forever."

She took a big gulp of air. "But when k heard that they died, why does it hurt so much?"

Jonghyun softened. "Because even of they abandoned you, you still love them."

Ji Eun blinked. "I do?" she hiccuped. "But I thought i didn't know how to love."

Jonghyun chuckled softly. "No one will be foreign to love." he smiled softly. "Your parents, even though they left you, they still love you nevertheless don't they?"

Ji Eun lowered her gaze. "I guess." she sighed. "But I'm never going to have kids or get married in the future and that's not going to change."

Jonghyun frowned deeply. "What?" he yelped. "Why?! You know how to love so why not get married?"

Ji Eun pouted. "I don't trust myself to be a good parent. Look what a mistake can do to your child."

"But you can still get married!" Jonghyun protested.

*But I'm afraid of being abandoned by another person I love again.* Ji Eun thought sadly.

Jonghyun furrowed his brows. "I must make you gain confidence in marriage again! And the ultimate joy of marriage is kids! Come on and follow me!"

Ji Eun clutched at her blankets. "I don't want to." she shook her head.

Jonghyun pouted. He furrowed his brows at the stubborn girl.

Suddenly, he smiled. *If I can't bring you to the kids, I'll bring the kids to you!*

He snapped his fingers and Ji Eun looked up at him. "Wait. What did you just do?" she narrowed her eyes at him. "I have a bad feeling whenever you snap your fingers."

Jonghyun smirked and blinked innocently. "What? My fingers just felt like they wanted to fall asleep so I snapped them?" he smiled cutely.

Ji Eun frowned.

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

Ji Eun's brows raised. She narrowed her gaze at Jonghyun before going to the door.

To her surprise, she was met with a bunch of young kids from age 3 to 7. They were smiling brightly and waving their hands about."

"Noona Noona! Unnie unnie!" they squealed. "Will you give us sweets Noona?"

Ji Eun nearly fainted at the sight of those hyperactive children. She shot a death glance at Jonghyun. "What the hell?" she mouthed.

Jonghyun shook his head teasingly. "No vulgarities in front of children babe!" he smirked.

Ji Eun face palmed herself mentally. "Noona Noona! Unnie unnie! Play with us!" The kids squealed and flooded into her apartment.

Ji Eun's eyes widened when they started playing catch ANS jumping on her couch. "Yah! I didn't say you could come in!" Ji Eun shrieked.

She saw two boys running past a vase and her precious vase wobbled. She ran to it and fortunately caught it before it dropped. She was halfway of heaving a sigh of relief before she spotted another three girls playing with matchsticks.

She dashed over to them and took those away immediately. Before she could catch her breath, she saw another group of five children trying to dismantle her tv.

She grabbed them by the collar and led them away.

She sighed and sat down, utterly tired even if it had only been five minutes.

*So this is what Jonghyun wanted to show me?* she thought sacarstically. *How tough kids can be?*

Suddenly, a single sunflower appeared in front of her face. She blinked in surprise.

A young boy with a cute smile handed the flower to her. "This is for you Noona!" he smiled. "Thank you for letting us play here."

Ji Eun froze before slowly smiling and taking the flower from him. "Thank you." she whispered.

Her felt unknown warmth spread throughout her body, making her feel extremely tingly and inexpressibly happy.

Jonghyun smiled from the side. *At least she's smiling now.*