Waiting for you

Jonghyun the Genie

Kyuhyun brought Ji Eun to a fancy restaurant and pulled the chair out for her. "This place looks expensive Kyuhyun sshi." Ji Eun looked around. "You shouldn't have."

Kyuhyun grinned foolishly. "I should! Its your birthday nevertheless!" he assured. "Order what you want! Mr Lollipop can afford this even if SM doesn't treat us that well you know!"

Ji Eun nodded but she ended up ordering a small salad after seeing the sky high prices. *Oh god. Eating this salad is equivalent to one week's dinner!*

Kyuhyun frowned. "How is one salad enough Ji Eun ah?"

Ji Eun bit her lips. "But the price.. It's so scary! Can't we go somewhere else?"

Kyuhyun softened. "It's because I left that's why you never got to eat such things right?" he said sadly. "If I stayed, I would make sure you get to eat such delicacies. Don't worry Ji Eun ah, I'll make it up to you!"

Ji Eun wanted to protest but she nearly fainted when she heard what Kyuhyun said to the waitress next. "One of everything on the menu please."

"Kyuhyun sshi! That's too much!" she hissed.

Kyuhyun blinked and laughed at her panicked expression. He pinched her cheek fondly. "Don't worry Ji Eun ah, just enjoy yourself."

And so Park Ji Eun did. On her 20th birthday, she ate so much, she felt like she ate her whole lifetime supply of food.

"Oh god Kyuhyun sshi I can't take another bite! I'll explode if this goes on.." Ji Eun groaned as she patted her stomach.

Kyuhyun chuckled softly at her expression. "It's okay if you can't finish it Ji Eun ah, just stop eating."

Ji Eun looked at the table full of food and gaped. "But this is A LOT OF FOOD Kyuhyun sshi! That's a lot to waste!"

Kyuhyun smiled. "Then you'll not force yourself if I say I take the rest back for the Super Junior members?" he grinned.

Ji Eun brightened and felt less guilty for wasting so much food. Yes our female lead cares for the environment thank you very much.

When Ji Eun next glanced at her watch, she got a shock. "Its 11.17pm already?" she yelped.

*Oh no! I'm late! Jonghyun and the SHINee pixies must be waiting!*

Kyuhyun looked at her curiously. "Yeah. You were so engrossed in trying to clear all the food you didn't notice the time. Do you have anything on?"

"No!" Ji Eun shook her head. "I mean yes! I mean.. ARGH Kyuhyun sshi can you send me home now?"

Kyuhyun agreed and packed some food for her and the rest for the Super Junior members.

Ji Eun tapped her foot impatiently and glanced at her watch every few seconds. "Are you meeting someone?" Kyuhyun asked curiously.

Ji Eun nodded curtly. "Yes. I kept him waiting so can you drive faster Kyuhyun sshi?" she urged.

Kyuhyun felt a sinking feeling as he heard the urgency in her voice as she wanted to meet another man. *I wonder who it is.*

Nevertheless being the gentleman he is (only to the girl he loves) he drove her back to her house in record speed.

"Thank you for today Kyuhyun sshi!" Ji Eun bowed. "I'll get going! Bye!" she ran off.

"By-" Kyuhyun's hand froze in mid air. "I wanted to give you your gift.." he looked down at the bracelet he picked for her.

Krystal came out of the lamp and looked up the building at Ji Eun's apartment. *I hope the guy Ji Eun's supposed to meet isn't my Jonghyun Oppa.*



Jonghyun sighed as he glanced at the clock. It was already 11.45pm.

He had changed into a human at 11, expecting Ji Eun's return. Now there was only 15 minutes of human time and her birthday left.

FLASHBACK

10:50pm

The SHINee pixies flew around excitedly and stepped back to admire their pretty set up.

"I must say, I have some interior designing talent!" Key declared proudly. "This looks awesome!"

Minho rolled his eyes. "Please Hyung! You just stole my idea. Just like how you stole my sandwich ingredients and stole Yoogeun's heart last time!"

Key grinned guiltily. "I hope Noona comes soon! I'm so excited!" Taemin squealed.

Jonghyun nodded and felt excitement building up from the whole day bursting inside him.

11:13pm

Taemin pouted as he gazed intently at the door. "Hyung~~~" he whined. "Why isn't Noona here yet?" he rubbed his eyes.

"I have no idea." Jonghyun sighed. "She'll be here soon I think."

"But I'm sleepy Hyung~~" Taemin yawned.

"Omo! It's past your bedtime Taemin! You have to go back to bed!" Key chided.

"But Noona isn't back yet!" Taemin protested softly.

"It's okay I'll tell her you did a good job in the preparation. Go sleep already." Onew assured and guided Taemin back to the bedroom where the maknae immediately collapsed on the bed in dead faint.

11:30pm

Minho, despite his tough exterior, had collapsed due to fatigue and the energy he spent on the birthday preparation earlier that day.

Onew and Key carried their dongsaeng to the bedroom and plopped the tall pixie beside the soundly sleeping banana milk lover. Key could not help himself and laid down beside Minho. "Just five minutes." he mumbled.

Onew went back to Jonghyun who was staring at the door. "They all fell asleep." Onew yawned.

"You look tired too Hyung. Want to sleep too?" Jonghyun asked.

"Eeettttsssss oohhhhh kkkaaaaayyy..." Onew said slowly, his eyelids drooping. "Aaaaiiiii aaammmmm aaaaawwaaaakkkkkeee...."

With that, the chicken leader fell asleep on the couch.

Jonghyun carried his Hyung and plopped him on the bed beside his other sleeping members.

END OF FLASHBACK

Jonghyun sighed as disappointment hit him. *Is she having so much fun with Kyuhyun that she doesn't want to come back?*

He watched the door, his heart pounding and willing for it to open. *Please come back soon Ji Eun baby.*

"Or my heart won't be able to take it any longer." he whispered.