Give Up

Jonghyun the Genie

Ji Eun came home as fast as she could after buying all sorts of medicine she could get her hands on. IN ANY POSSIBLE WAY.

FLASHBACK

Ji Eun had already put more than 20 types of medicines, tablets, liquids, and even Chinese herbs into her shopping basket. But her brows were furrowed as she looked around for more.

"I don't think this is enough." she mumbled.

Just then, a salesman was heard promoting his product: a new formulated fever tablet.

"It is definitely effective for all types of fever, and it works for everyone, human dead or alive!" he bragged. "Only one bottle left so you guys better hurry."

Ji Eun's ears perked up. *Everyone, human dead or alive?* she brightened. *That includes Jonghyun!*

"GIVE IT TO ME I WANT IT!" she shrieked and ran the full distance of the supermart, with her hands full with the medicine she already chose.

Just when she arrived, she saw an old ahjuma reaching out for that last bottle. "Ah no!" she screamed, losing her Ice Princess image entirely.

She charged forward at full speed when the ahjuma grabbed the bottle, feeling the competition. Ji Eun frowned in disappointment. *No way!*

Discarding all her values and reputation, Ji Eun said in a low voice," Police! Let go of all items and raise your hands up!"

The ahjuma and several people near the area dropped their shopping bags and raised their hands obediently.

Ji Eun scooped the last bottle of that miracle medicine and plopped it into her shopping cart. The Ahjuma's eyes widened. "Yah agasshi I took that first!" she yelled. "How can you con an old lady like that?"

Ji Eun took a deep breath. Now was the time to put the experience she had with so many artistes into use.

"Ahjuma.." Ji Eun looked at her with watery eyes. "I need this medicine to save my husband. He's dreadfully sick and no doctor can cure him. I must find all possible methods to make him well again..." she started sobbing.

"Ah really?" The ahjuma seemed to fall for it. "I'm so sorry. You can have it."

Ji Eun brightened. "Thank you ahjuma!" she squealed and pushed her overflowing shopping cart to the cashier.

END OF FLASHBACK

She entered the apartment with a bright smile. "Jonghyun! I bought more medicine for you to try!" she yelled.

She stopped when she saw the torn pieces of the letter and concert tickets on the floor, lying next to a solemn looking Jonghyun.

The SHINee pixies were so afraid, the hid behind the couch and peeped.

"What's that on the floor, Jonghyun?" Ji Eun asked curiously.

Jonghyun looked at her with no emotion. "Kyuhyun's letter to you and some concert tickets." he muttered.

Ji Eun's eyes widened. "It's Kyuhyun's letter? And the concert tickets, is it the orphanage's charity concert?" she asked, anger rising.

Jonghyun nodded nonchalantly.

Ji Eun frowned and exploded. "Why did you tear it up? I wanted to go to that concert! And it's a letter by Kyuhyun! Why did you have to tear it?" she roared.

Jonghyun looked at her coldly without flinching. "I don't like Kyuhyun. Don't go."

Ji Eun looked at him ridiculously. "You wanted me to fall for him and now you don't like him? What's your problem? So what if you don't like him? If doesn't concern me!" she protested.

"Just... Don't go." Jonghyun struggled and looked away.

Ji Eun shook her head. "You're ridiculous you know that?" she whispered, before stomping back to the bedroom.

What she didn't notice was the pain that flash in his red puffy eyes.

Krystal emerged from behind the wall and floated towards Jonghyun slowly. "Oppa..." She called softly.

Jonghyun looked up listlessly. "You were here all along?" he asked.

Krystal nodded. "Oppa... Just give up. Genies and humans shouldn't be together. Just give up.." she sobbed.

Jonghyun lowered his gaze. "I can't." he whispered.

Krystal flinched and bit her lip. *He really loves her.*