Listen to your heart

Jonghyun the Genie

Ji Eun took a step back, confused. "Who's Jonghyun?" she asked. "I'm Kyuhyun's girlfriend! And what are you doing here!"

Krystal sighed. "You don't remember." she mumbled. "Babo Jonghyun Oppa. Now explaining to your baby girl is going to be so difficult."

"Look, I'm a genie." Krystal started. "And I help people to find their someone special and get their true love's kiss."

Ji Eun blinked. Somehow, she didn't seem shocked that genies existed. In fact she took it rather well.

"You don't need to help me find my true love. I have Kyuhyun Oppa." Ji Eun protested.

Krystal sighed. "I'm Kyuhyun's genie." she explained. "But it's not important. What I'm telling you is that, 3 months ago, you also had a love genie."

Ji Eun gasped softly. How is it possible? She didn't remember a single thing about it.

"I had a love genie?" she asked. "Then where is he? Why don't I remember him?"

"He erased all your memories of genies and pixies." Krystal explained. "You don't remember anything about us anymore."

"Why are you telling me this?" Ji Eun furrowed her brows.

"I... I'm trying to do something right." Krystal struggled with herself. "Although I'm Kyuhyun's genie, and I have to admit, as a woman, he appeals to me since he's handsome and he sings well and he treats girls well. But be isn't the one for you."

Ji Eun frowned. "Don't lie. He is the one for me."

Krystal raised her brows. "Oh really. Then tell me, does your heart beat rapidly when you're around him? When he's not around you do you think about him all the time? When you see him with another girl, do you feel jealous?"

Ji Eun froze. She had none of the things this odd girl stated.

She was aware of these but she assumed that love stories had always exaggerated on love. Real love in reality doesn't act that way. It's only in teenage girls' love stories that they write things that way to cater to their childish tastes.

"You're exaggerating." Ji Eun dismissed the thought.

"You're not taking things seriously." Krystal frowned. "Please listen to your heart Ji Eun, You love Jonghyun."

Ji Eun bit her lips. "I don't even know who that is! How can I love him when I already love Kyuhyun Oppa!"

"You don't love Kyuhyun!" Krystal screamed. Ji Eun froze in shock.

Krystal looked deep into Ji Eun's eyes. "You're just confused with the changes you see in yourself and you assume Kyuhyun is responsible for it. But in reality, Jonghyun was the one who broke the barrier to your heart. Please remember."

Ji Eun shook her head and clutched her head. "I don't remember." she whispered. "I don't know!"

Krystal softened. "Just follow what I'm about to say okay? Look for Jessica Jung. She's working at XXX and she frequents club 101. Look for a lamp she hangs on her bag. Something similar to this one." she held her own lamp.

"Activate the lamp just like what you did to this." Krystal instructed. "When you see Jonghyun, the genie, listen to your heart carefully and tell yourself the truth."

"Does your heart beat for Kyuhyun or Jonghyun?"

Ji Eun tried hard to take in everything she heard. She loved someone else? Kyuhyun's not the one?

It was difficult to accept. She had persuaded herself that the person, the special one who changed her was Kyuhyun, all these 3 months.

And suddenly some genie popped up and told her Kyuhyun's not the one after all.

"Kyuhyun's not the one for you Ji Eun." Krystal softened. "That's why he hasn't kissed you all this time. Deep down, he knew you loved Jonghyun. Even if he kissed you, it was not a true love's kiss. My mission won't be accomplished and it won't just ascertain the doubt he had from the beginning."

"If you love Jonghyun, you'll remember him." Krystal said with finality before flying off with f(x).

Ji Eun stared at her disappearing figure. Despite logic telling her that whatever that genie told her was false, her heart told her otherwise.

She needed to meet this Jonghyun person.

Krystal plummeted from Ji Eun's window. Fortunately, Ji Eun's apartment was on the second floor.

"Krystal!" Sulli cried and flew to her side. "What happened?"

"She broke the rules." Victoria sighed. "It's the genie disease."

Krystal gazed at her unnies through half lidded eyes.

*If i love Jonghyun, I should just give up.* she thought sadly.