Stopping the unstoppable

Jonghyun the Genie

Ji Eun didn't get any sleep that night. The SHINee pixies took her bed and Jonghyun decided to sleep in the toilet. Both of them didn't sleep, and just gazed at the ceiling, deep in thought.

Ji Eun turned to her side and bit her lip, furrowing her brows. She recalled the incident just hours ago, at midnight.

REWIND>>>

Just before Ji Eun's and Jonghyun's lips met, he changed back into a genie.

Ji Eun's eyes snapped opened when she felt a non-physical material brush against her lips. She found herself looking at Jonghyun, the genie.

Jonghyun paled when he realised what he was about to do. *Oh my god.*

Both of them turned in opposite ways and blushed furiously.

Ji Eun's heart was pounding against her chest, her face red like a tomato, and her eyes darting around, as if she could not believe what had just happened. Or was about to.

*I was about to kiss him!* Ji Eun screamed in her head. *And I was anticipating it!*

Jonghyun gulped as he looked down at his lower half of his body. *I'm a genie Kim Jonghyun wake up! You shouldn't be feeling like this.*

He shot a glance at Ji Eun who was blushing furiously and looking everywhere but at him. *I'm making things awkward for her.* he frowned. *And she should be with someone else other than me. I'm a genie. Remember that.*

"AHAHAHAHA!"

Ji Eun jumped, startled, whipping her head towards Jonghyun. She blinked in surprise, seeing him clutching his stomach and laughing.

"You almost fell for it!" Jonghyun shrieked in laughter. "You thought I was going to kiss you? Haha I'm a genie! Why would I kiss a human!"

Ji Eun blinked. *It was all a joke?* She felt knives stabbing into her heart as disappointment washed over her, making her wake up from that short dream.

"Haha you thought I wanted to kiss you too!" Ji Eun retorted. "Why would I kiss you? You're a manwhore and I had sworn not to fall in love didn't I?"

Jonghyun froze awkwardly. "Ahehe yeah." he said stiffly. "Er it's late. You should sleep."

Ji Eun nodded. "I'll sleep on the couch since the pixies are taking the bed." she said quietly.

Jonghyun agreed even though he wanted to kill the pixies for making her sleep on the couch. "I'll sleep in the bathroom. Goodnight Ji Eun."

Ji Eun laid on the bed, flinching. *Just Ji Eun. No baby. No babe. Just Ji Eun.*

BACK TO PRESENT

"It's just a joke Park Ji Eun, don't read too much into it." she whispered to herself. "He had so many women before, why would he want to kiss you?"

She buried her face in the pillow. *But it hurts. Why did I have to fall for him? I knew love was a bad thing, why didn't I stop myself?*

But deep down, she knew she couldn't have stopped it. She loved him.



Jonghyun sat on the toilet cover and stared at the door.

The flirty manwhore prince, Kim Jonghyun had fallen in love. YES IN LOVE. With his master, a human.

He shook his head to clear his thoughts. "You can't love her Jonghyun, she's your master. You're supposed to help her find her true love, which is clearly not yourself." he mumbled.

He sighed. *But it hurts. It hurts so much. Just the thought of driving her into the arms of another man kills me.*

"Why must I be a genie?" Jonghyun whispered, as a tear trickled down his cheek.



"NOONA!!!" Taemin shrieked as he flew towards her. "I'm sorry we fell asleep and you had to sleep on the couch!"

Ji Eun smiled warmly. "It's okay Taemin. Thanks for the effort yesterday. I enjoyed my birthday very much thanks to all of you."

"But we didn't even get to spend it with you." Key pouted.

"Only Jonghyun hyung got to spend it with you." Minho noted.

"I bet it was unenjoyable because of him right?" Onew laughed. "Jonghyun doesn't know how to make girls happy, it's the girls that look for him to make HIM happy."

Jonghyun looked away. *I'm a manwhore. I don't deserve to love her. I should stop.*

"He was great yesterday." Ji Eun blurted. She turned red when she remembered their near-kiss. "Ah I mean, the fireworks! They were great!" she beamed.

*Yeah. The firewords in my heart were great.* Jonghyun thought sadly as he tried to keep a calm face, and much more important, calm feelings.