I Found You (i)

You can forget me but I'll make you fall in love again.
Sehun was the first to arrive at the campus. It's the sports festival week and aside from  being the class president,he's member of the festival committee. Every once in a while,flashback of what happened between him and Jongin kept bugging his mind. He felt bad for bursting out. And completely regret wrecking their budding friendship. He rested his head on his desk and unawarely doze off.
 
A  hard object hit Sehun's head,too painful he felt his head spin.
 
"Sorry Pres..I didn't mean it swear!" 
 
The boy smiled with no hint of guilt in his face picking the ball that hit Sehun's head.
 
He shut his eyes instead as he applied pressure on  the aching spot. He could have flipped the chairs and smack them on his classmates. But he's not a violent person,so just let it pass.
 
His head shifted to his right and saw kim Jongin tapping his pen on his chin,his eyes glaring Sehun. He reluctantly curved the corners of his lips upward and lift his right hand to wave at him. But Jongin snorted and tear off his gaze to Sehun. He brushed his embarrassed hand to his hair.
 
OK he hates me now. Sehun thought heaving a sigh.
 
When everyone's inside the classroom,Sehun stood infront and briefed his classmates about the rules of the Sports festival.
 
"Track and field is scheduled today so our team be ready,The game will commence at exactly 8am. Jinki couldn't join the game today,unfortunately, so I'll replace him for the hurdle. If there will be some problems on the team please let me know soon."
 
He received several nods. He check on his wrist watch. it's quarter to 8am. And he needs to be in the sports committee.
 
"Ok guys! Goodluck to us!" Sehun cheered.
 
"Okay! Break a Leg!!!" The track and field captain shouted.
 
"Yeah break their LEGS!!!"
 
Sehun gestured Baekhyun to leave the room and the other raised his two thumbs up. 
 
The campus open stadium were crowded by students of Seoul High first to third grade. Participants for the first game, sprints, were warming up on the start line.
 
 
Jongin find himself a spot at the back end of the bleachers. His eyes wandering at the crowd on the ground below. He paused at Sehun wearing same uniform as him with a number tag in front and back of his shirt.
 
The students assumed the starting position for the race. Sound of the gun gave the cue and the race started. He watched quietly despite the loud and defening cheering of the people  around him.
 
At near end of the race,it tied between their team and the other junior class team. But they won by split of a hair. He saw his classmates cheered exaggerately. 
 
Jongin was about to sneak off the boring and annoying place when he caught a sight of Sehun on the field.The second game was sprint relay and he was surprised to see him standing at the fourth leg run which was the longest one.
 
'But he'll be running for the hurdle after this one. Wow whatta amazing stamina for a skinny and pale body.'
 
He cleared his throat before shyly making his way back to the seat he abandoned awhile ago.Sehun was stretching and when his body twisted to the side he's sitting,Jongin ducked his head. But he realized there's no way four-eyed Sehun would spot him in that distance. And why did he hid anyway? So what if Sehun saw him watching the game? Don't they see each other often? Ahh because he's speacially watching him..
 
"Ekkkkkkkkkkk" the cringed shaking his arms and legs.
 
The boys near him shoot him weird looks.
 
"hey are you having a seizure?"
 
He glared back at the boy beside him more dangerous and threatening.
 
The second race started.The first grades were ahead at the start but the second runner of their team catched up and they're leading up to their third runner. Sehun extended his arms and positioned his legs as the 3rd runner approaching. When the baton's on his hand,he speed up and almost halfway the end. The runner from other junior class catched up and bumped Sehun. The latter crashed and rolled twice on the ground.
 
Jongin held his breath. Like he was in a slow motion movie.
 
Sehun strive to stand and pick the baton. The pain in his knees and elbows and everywhere sting. He inhaled twice before he wiggled his legs and speed up his pace again. Despite his sore body,he was able to catch up but the runner ahead of him reached the finish line first,only few seconds before Sehun did. 
 
Mix screams of disappointment and cheers filled the air. There was a time-out. The winner of the relay and Sehun was pulled onto the judges area.
 
'That's cheating!' Jongin hissed.
 
"I didn't push him!!" The supposed winner rebutted.
 
"Several people saw it.." One of the student of sport committee retorted.
 
"Who?their own team?! Oh c'mon!"
 
"Sehun,did he push you?" One of the judges ask Sehun.
 
Sehun glanced at the boy who's eyes flaring in anger.
 
"Yes he did." 
 
"Damn you nerd! You can't do this just because he's a president and member of the committee."
 
"You're disqualified kangchul! and detention next week for your inappropriate behavior!" One of the teacher-judge said.
 
Sehun sighed when the boy stormed away bumping his shoulder on his harshly.
 
Sometimes,being honest and righteous can be dangerous. He thought.
 
Sehun was thankful that hurdle initiated after lunch. He was so sure his legs would collapse if the jump or run right after his bad landing on the ground.
 
"Ugghhhhhhhhh!' he muffled his agony when he pour amount of alcohol on the wound. He wrapped a bandage on both his knee cup down to half of his legs where bruises and scratches visible too. He wanted to just cover the bruises on his arms with bandaid but it would require ten boxes of it, so he resort to using bandage. He grimaced at the image of his own body covered with cloth like a mummy.
 
He wanted to cool off his mind so he roam around the campus and found himself walking towards the school backyard where Jongin love to stay. He scanned the place and no sign of  Jongin. He lift his head up to the branches and only thin rays of the sun that escaped through the mass of leaves hit his eyes.
 
He leaned on the tree. Soft,cool breeze of wind brushed his cheeks. He understood why Jongin loved to stay in that place. 
 
'He didn't say sorry'  his mind spoke.
 
'what's there to apologize for?is it Jongin's fault your sentimental?'
 
Then he remembered Jongin's condition to be his friend. Somehow,it made him feel ease why he didn't apologize to him. But a part inside him still felt disappointed and anticipating.
 
Jongin was still scolding himself for acting weird than ever. He stomped his feet on the ground as he walk towards his tree of life. 
 
He leaned against the tree. His frustration increased as his stomach grumbled again.
 
"hhmmm..I'm so hungry.." he wanted to cry.
 
"I wish Oh sehun would bother me again along with a muffin.." he blurted in the middle of his anguish.
 
On the opposite side of the tree,Sehun's eyes snapped open as he heard Jongin's voice. He slowly and quietly crawl on his knees on the other side of the tree,then he heard his name.
 
"hey.." he whispered.
 
"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"
 
Jongin jumped on his and screamed when out of nowhere a voice said 'hey' on his left ear. He clutched his chest.
 
"Did I scare you?"
 
"NO you didn't!!!! you didn't almost gave me heart attack!!" Jongin's widen eyes turn narrow and glaring.
 
"Sorry," Sehun said and covered his mouth to muffle his laughter, "you scream like a girl.."
 
His restrained laughter burst out.
 
"Yah you wanna die?!"
 
"Ok sorry..sorry I startled you.."
 
"what are you doing here in the first place?! This is my territory!" Jongin retorted his arms crossed infront of his chest.
 
Sehun sat comfortably, "I just want to relax my body..Now I know why you like it here. I felt good and energized."
 
"I don't wanna share sorry. This will be last time you're gonna lay your body to my tree,OK?"
 
"But..."
 
"No..Buts.."
 
"I'll bring food every lunch!"
 
"Huh?! I don't need your food!"
 
"but you just said you want me to bother you along with a muffin.."
 
"I.Never.Said.That.Oh.Sehun."
 
"Yes you did kim Jongin."
 
Sehun couldn't believe he denied it. He's so sure he said it as loud as thunders! 
 
---------
 
Sehun smiled as he closed his eyes listening to plastic wrappers being ripped. Jongin on the opposite side of the tree, carefully opening the wrappers of food infront of him without making a noise but it still did. He wanted to declined the food Sehun offered after running off somewhere telling him to wait and would get food for them. He wanted to save his pride but he only had water and a piece of kimbap that morning.
 
He peeked behind his back before taking huge bite of chicken sandwich. He's thankful the tree's large enough to hide himself salvaging the food like a beggar,to Sehun.
 
After he finished eating,he walked around the tree where Sehun's silently snoozing. He crouched down infront of him,checking his face making sure the boy's asleep. He poked Sehun's cheek.
 
"hey wake up.." he poked Sehun's arm but no response.
 
"He must have been really tired even end of the world can't wake him up."
 
Jongin clipped his thumb and index finger in Sehun's nose and pinched it tightly.
 
"OWWWWWW!" Sehun jolted, "That hurts!!!"
 
"You won't wake up!!!The game's about to start.."
 
Sehun's eyes widen.
 
"the game!the game!the game! thanks Kim Jongin!Bye.."
 
"yeah bye Oh Sehun.." he watched Sehun till he's out of his sight.
 
"FINALLY!!!! freedom!!!" he shouted lying flat on the lawn. After few minutes of staring blankly at the sky,
 
"uggghhhhhhhhhhhhh..Fine I'll watch!"