The Promise

You can forget me but I'll make you fall in love again.
Sehun held's Jongin hand tighter. Despite the older's affirmation and faith that the complication they're in would turn out well in time,he couldn't help not to feel scared.
 
"Jongin,should we tell your father the truth?  Sooner or later my parents will know about us and your father will know about me."
 
Jongin was as scared as Sehun but he chose to seem strong  infront of the younger because he didn't want for both of them to feel defeated and hopeless.
 
"I know Sehun but this is not the right time. I'll tell my father,I promise. For now,just remain calm around him Ok?"
 
Sehun reluctantly nod his head.
 
"We'll be fine, I promise." Jongin tapped his head, "let's get inside you're paler than a ghost!"
 
Sehun smiled breaking  their knotted fingers and marched ahead inside the gate.
 
"Oh Sehun," Jongin called.
 
Right after the younger turn his back again towards Jongin, he was caged in the latter's arms.
 
"I love you." Jongin whispered in his ears.
 
Sehun's heart skipped a beat, "I love you too Kim Jongin." and wrapped his arms tighter around Jongin.
 
"C'mon let's get inside." Jongin let go and drag Sehun inside the house.
 
----
It's only a matter of time Jongin and Sehun were waiting for the truth to be revealed. They tried masked the fear engulfing them by staying in each other's side all the time. Jongin would wait for Sehun after work every night and together they walk to the park before going home. Laying flat on the lawn under the dark sky,hand in hand.
 
"Sehun-ah," Jongin bumped his elbow to Sehun's not taking his eyes off the sky. 
 
Sehun hummed in response.
 
"Do you like that star?" he pointed his finger to one of the million dots above them.
 
"I like all of them. Why?"
 
"What would you give me in return if I took that star for you?"
 
Sehun scoffed. He really don't want to play along with Jongin's silly games but he's sure the older won't stop annoying him until he got what he wants.
 
"What do you want to receive then?"
 
"Are you gonna give me anything?" Jongin turn his body sideways to look at him better.
 
"Sure!" Sehun rolled his eyes. Ofcourse it's an impossible deal. To ride along Jongin's craziness won't hurt him anyway.
 
Jongin grinned widely pulling himself up, "Get up."
 
"What now again Jongin?"
 
Sehun didn't have another chance to whine when Jongin forcefully pull him off the ground. He annoyingly dust off his pants and glared at the other.
 
"Close your eyes!" Jongin commanded him.
 
"Uggghhh! Don't dare do any nasty things Kim Jongin." Sehun warned.
 
"Just shut your eyes and your big mouth!"
 
Sehun sighed in defeat before closing his eyes and pouting his lips, "There! What now?"
 
"Don't open them until I told you so Ok?"
 
"Yeah! yeah! just hurry!"
 
Sehun waited for any movement from Jongin. He felt a warm hand holding his chilly one and something circular metal inserted on his left ring finger. He was itching  to open his eyes but he don't want to cut short whatever Jongin's doing. So he waited..
 
"You can look now." 
 
He slowly opened his eyes and glanced over his hand. 
 
"Tadah!" Jongin shove his own left hand to Sehun, "It's a couple ring. You like it? It's romantic right?"
 
Sehun glanced back at the ring on his hand identical to the one on Jongin's finger. He felt his face burning because,Yes,it was so sweet and romantic he felt the skin covering his spine growing pair of white wings.
 
"I like it." he whispered shyly trying to keep his feet on the ground for he felt like floating in the air.
 
Jongin grasp for his hand,lifting both of their hands with rings above. The silver rings dazzled on the the pitch black sky along with the twinkling stars.
 
"I told you I can get this star for you." Jongin grinned proudly.
 
"it's not a star."
 
"Can you not ruin the moment?"
 
"Just kidding. It's beautiful!" he wiggled his hand on the air smiling at the dazzling silver metal.
 
"I know right! everything I do is beautiful!"
 
"Wait! how much is this?"
 
"Errr- - -­­not much. It's discounted." The corner of Jongin's lips twitched.
 
"Kim Jongin.How.Much.Is.This."
 
"I can earn back the money I spent for the rings Oh Sehun." Jongin clenched his jaw.
 
"Don't try to  pull that act on me Jongin. You know we're on the rock bottom right now,we need to earn and save money for our daily needs,this things can wait Jongin."
 
"Sehun," Jongin's face fell, "It's not just - a thing. It's- - -huh! never mind. Sorry I'm stupid to buy that ring and hoping to make you feel that we're no different from other couple instead of buying food. ." Jongin abruptly turned his back away to Sehun.
 
"Jongin! Don't be an idiot that's not what I mean."
 
"THEN WHAT DO YOU MEAN?! I'm sorry my mentality is not as high as yours!" he yell.
 
"You've just give me a ring and now you're fighting with me?"
 
Jongin's flushed face slowly tensed down until both of them were calm and breathing normally.
 
"Sorry Okay, next time I'll use my common sense. Just throw it away if you want to."
 
"Stupid! Why would I throw it! stop sulking like a kid," Sehun walked closer to Jongin, "Hey didn't I promise  to grant your request in return? tell me what is it that you want."
 
"Forget it." Jongin pouted.
 
"Eyyyy! C'mon tell me. I'll count up to three and if you still don't say a wish then I would really forget it. One- - "
 
"Wait! give me time to think- - -"
 
"two!"
 
"YAH! OH SEHUN!"
 
"two and a half!"
 
"Fine! Fine! stop talking I'll say it now! Geez!"
 
Sehun beamed and gestured Jongin to sit on the ground as he flopped down the bare ground.
 
"I'm waiting." He crossed his legs with his arms crossed infront of his chest.
 
Jongin heaved a sigh, "It's not fair. I'm suppose to be in control of this but why do I feel being dominated instead."
 
Sehun's laughter echoed in the air,"I'm just kidding. Cmon tell me what you want Jongin."
 
Jongin wrinkled his nose and tapping his fingers on his forehead for awhile. He straighten his back and stared at Sehun seriously.
 
"Sehun, I want you to swear to me,not promise but swear that no matter what happen,even if our parents get in between us, You won't give in to them. Swear to me that you will chose me,only me and nobody else. Swear it Oh Sehun."
 
 Sehun reached for the older's hand, "I swear with all my life that I will chose only you Kim Jongin."
 
"And I swear too to the heaven above us that I will chose only you,Oh Sehun."
 
"Do you think even after ten years you will be this cheesy?"
 
"Yeah! in ten years, twenty years, fifty years,until death and the next life,yes I will this hopeless romantic to you!"
 
"Fine. Is that all you want?" Sehun asked wrinkling his forehead.
 
"Why? Are you disappointed? Are you expecting I'm gonna ask for your- - -" Jongin run his eyes on Sehun's body.
 
Sehun jolted and reach out to strangle Jongin, "This is one of the moment I regret meeting you!"
 
"I'm just kidding! why are so defensive!"
 
"You've just ruined the moment." Sehun let go of him and raised his hand in surrender.
 
Jongin laughed hysterically rolling over the lawn.
 
Later that night when they arrived at Jongin's house,the two were surprised to see Jongin's mother inside. The older woman glared at them and didn't move even they greeted her.
 
"Sehun-ah,can you left us for awhile?" Jongin's father tap Sehun's shoulder.
 
"Yes uncle. It's nice to see you ma'am." he bowed to older woman but received a cold response. He gave a smile to Jongin before exiting the house. He rubbed his eyes to get rid of the itchiness making him teary as he walk down the narrow pathway.
 
"You're crazy! His a boy! You're not suppose to love a boy!" Jongin's mother shouted at his face.
 
"Stop it! you won't resolve anything if you keep on screaming at him."
 
"Don't you dare tell me what to do! It's me who suffered raising him not you so I'll do whatever I want to with him!"
 
"I love him mom, I don't care if he's a boy or a cow. Don't make me hate you more mother." Jongin looked directly at his mother's eyes.
 
His mother dashed towards him and hit him over and over but he didn't budge. His father shield his body to his.
 
"Stop it! You're hurting your son!"
 
"Let her be dad. She can hurt me all she wants but that won't change a thing."
 
"You shameless bastard! Do you know what his family is doing to us?! To my husband?! They sabotaged our business! They wanna crash us down because of you two!" his mother shrieked.
 
"SHUT UP!"
 
His father shouted at his mother. The two stared in shock at the older man.
 
"Shouting at him won't resolve anything. I'll talk to both of them. So you go home to your husband and let me handle this."
 
His mother glared at him and his father before grabbing her bag and storm out of the house. Jongin stayed tight-lipped. His father sighed deeply and pulled him down on the couch.
 
"Jongin," his father grab both his shoulders, "son, I understand what you feel but..Can't you see what his family is doing to us? Your mother suffered much, you suffered alot too."
 
"And Sehun saved me." Jongin interrupt, tears rolling down his face. "Appa,please you're the only one who we can rely on.  I'm sorry I disappointed you for liking Sehun but- - -I really really like him alot appa. Please help us."
 
His father pulled him closer and soothed his back, "I'm sorry Jongin,none of this would happen if not because of me. I'm sorry I caused you too much pain son."
 
"Just don't let us separate appa. I'm begging you."
----
 
Sehun was wiggling his legs hanging on the bench looking behind his back all the time checking for Jongin. He sighed when there's still no Jongin. He glanced at the ring on his finger.
 
He chuckles, "So girly."
 
"Hey nerd!" 
 
His heart jumped at the voice of Jongin behind him. He stood up and turn towards him.
 
"Sorry if you stayed long out here. Cmon let's go home."
 
"W-what about your mom?what happen?"
 
"The usual. Me as the stupidest and useless son,blah blah blah!"
 
"Your eyes are puffy. Did she hit you again?" 
 
"Yeah. I'm his living punching bag you know." Jongin let out a small laugh, "Hey let's go home,I'm freezing. C'mon." 
 
"Jongin," Sehun sprint closer to the older and throw his arms around him, "I'm scared." 
 
"Me too Sehun-ah." he tried to held his tears as the younger cried on his shoulder nonstop.
 
"But we swore remember? We will always choose each other. No one else."  Jongin wrapped his arms tighter around Sehun.
 
 
~four chapters to go<';
thanks for the support guys~_~
xoxo~