The Fear That Tear Us Apart

You can forget me but I'll make you fall in love again.

Sehun's fever cooled down by the time Jongin came back after checking his father at the hospital. He found Baekhyun replacing the patch on Sehun's forehead.


"How's he?" He asked not taking his eyes on Sehun's pale face.


"He'll be fine by tomorrow,hopefully. Can he stay here 'till he completely gets better? I'll tell his parents his at my house. He seem to be recovering fast if he stays here with you."


"Uhm- - -s- sure." he still feel awkward to the older. Nevertheless he was thankful Baekhyun don't oppose to them anymore.


When Baekhyun left, he heated the soup and prepared the medicine the older reminded him to feed Sehun with.


He touched Sehun's warm tainted red cheeks and smiled while caressing the younger's left cheek  tenderly.


He couldn't believe how his heart flutters by just staring at his face and wonder if the other feel the same way towards him. He intertwine their fingers together and cradle it to his chest as he lie next to Sehun.


-----

 

"Jongin.."


Sehun gently shook the boy's head resting on his shoulder.


"hey,wake up.." He gripped tightly on the fingers locked onto his own.


Jongin grunt and slightly kicked the blanket sitting on the foot of the bed.


"What.." he asked eyes still closed.


"Jongin I'm hungry." Sehun whimpered.


When Jongin still didn't budge and let out soft snores instead, Sehun sighed deeply. He carefully broke apart their locked fingers and pulled the blanket up to Jongin's stomach.He went to the kitchen and found a bag of foodstuffs on the table.


"Sehun! where are you!!" Jongin shrieked panicking when he opened his eyes and Sehun wasn't on his side anymore.


"I'm here!"


He rush to where the voice came from and found the other boy chewing a bread.


"Why didn't you wake me up? You're supposed to be lying on the bed!"


Sehun gulped, "You wouldn't wake and I was so hungry."


"Do you still feel hot?" Jongin scoot near him and placed a hand on his forehead.


"I think I'm ok now. You want sandwich?"


He nod his head and sit across Sehun. Then a slice of bread was shove into his mouth.


"Eat."


"Thanks." he bite half of the bread that taste nothing but just plain bread, "this is what you call sandwich?"


"How's your father?" Sehun asked dismissing the other's mocking.


"He's fine. I'll drop by at the hospital before I go to school. Are you gonna be fine by yourself here?"


"Yes. I can come to school after lunch."


"Don't be stubborn Sehun. Just rest,OK?"


"Fine." he answered to end the argument before it even started. But he plan on going to school later the day without telling Jongin.


He was waiting on the door when Jongin came out dressed in his school uniform.


"Don't forget your medicine also eat the chicken soup I cook for you. Go to bed now Sehun and rest." Jongin reminded him while lacing his shoes.


"Ok. Take care Jongin." Sehun bend down and brushed his lips on the other boy's lips.

 

Jongin stared in surprise.


He stood up and grip on Sehun's wrist.

 

"Don't do that again."


It was Sehun's turn to stare in surprise,  hurt glittered in his eyes.


"If you're going to kiss me,let me know first because my heart might explode in shock if you keep on doing that by surprise."


And before Sehun could answer, Jongin cup his neck and pulled him closer, their lips touching. Sehun's widen eyes slowly closed. Thunderbolts quaked his whole system when he felt Jongin tug his lower lip.


Time stood still as they kissed,both exploring each other's mouth and arms holding tight to each other. They let go and both grasping for air. Jongin peck one last kiss on Sehun's lips and pulled him to a tight embrace.


"I love you so much Oh Sehun."


"I love you more Kim Jongin."


------


The superb delight still lingered on Jongin and smile on his  face never left as he sat under the tree during lunch. Reminiscing the kiss they share early that day. He felt like floating on the ground. He never used to miss the other boy the way he felt at the moment. He wished to just lay under the three thinking of Oh Sehun but the bell ringed requiring the students to went back on their classes.


Jongin was walking towards their classroom when he spotted a familiar woman. The student talking to the woman pointed on his direction. He remembered her as one of the couple who came in the hospital. Suddenly he felt his knees trembled as the distance between them decrease.


The moment he came face to face with her again, the woman lift her hand and was too late for Jongin to backaway when his face twisted sideway.


"How dare you come to this school! You son of a murderer!!"


He couldn't understand why this people kept on humiliating and hurting him. He haven't yet asked his father about his connection with them.


"Your father killed my son! And you don't have the right to make your life better when your father took away my son's life! You should be lying under the ground like my son!!"


Jongin was too horrified he couldn't move a single muscle. Students started to crowd around them. He tumbled down on the floor when the woman launched couple of slap on his face again.


"I'll make sure to make your life miserable as much as ours since your father killed our son!!"


The teachers came and pulled the woman from hitting Jongin.


----


Sehun was about to enter the school's gate when he saw his parents' car coming. He hide on the wall and suddenly felt uneasy. He hate to admit that he still feared his parents. When the car's inside,he ran as fast as he could to the building before his parents found out he skipped class.


He pant as soon as he flop down on his desk. After regulating his breath,he glanced at Jongin's empty desk. He wanted to look for him but he remembered his parents were at the school,so he chose to stay inside.


"Hey guys, Kim Jongin is in trouble! Hurry!!" One of their classmate rushing from outside shouted making all of them dash out of the room.


Sehun's chest thumped uncontrollably as he ran along the hallway. And he froze when he saw his own mother hitting Jongin on the face making him stumble on the ground.


"I'll make sure to make your life miserable as much as ours since your father killed our son!"


He couldn't believed what he heard from his mother. The man who killed his brother and made their entire life miserable was Jongin's father. He looked at Jongin crouching on the ground. Mix of different emotion erupt inside him. He stepped backward and .


----

 

Jongin bolted out of the campus ignoring his homeroom teacher forcing him to have his swollen face and the large scratch on his cheek to be treated. The first thing came to his mind was going home where Sehun was waiting. He felt terribly worst inside. He felt like breaking down and all he want was to be with Sehun. To make him feel better. To take away the fear weakening him. But he was met with silence and empty rooms. No Sehun. He slouched down on his knees and released all the tears he held for so long.

 

Baekhyun slowly walk near to the figure buried under the thick blankets.


"Sehun." He called.


When he received no response,he sat beside him and gently pat the younger's back.


"Hey talk to me. Mr. Kim called and told me you were a total mess when you came home. What happen?"


Sehun strive to get up but kept his head lowered and his swollen eyes hidden.


"Hyung, I saw mom and Jongin."


Baekhyun gasped. He didn't know Sehun was at school and witnessed the commotion between Jongin and his mom.


"Why does it have to be him! Why of all the people! Why does he have to be the criminal's son!"


Baekhyun stayed quiet soothing the younger's back.


" I can't forgive his father! I can't!"


"Sehun..What about Jongin? It's not his fault his father killed your brother. Are you gonna hate him as well?"


Sehun didn't respond.


"He won't be attending school anymore. Your mother threatens the school to pull out your family's support if they didn't drop Jongin out. Your parents will make him suffer too."


Sehun stayed quiet.


The next day, Jongin didn't attend school. A part of him wanted to see Jongin but he was always hindered by his hatred towards his father. Each day passing by had never been miserable as before. The anger and pain kept piling up in his chest.


He avoided Jongin and his parents.He disposed his phone away to avoid Jongin's call and messages. He didn't want to see any of them. He realized,his anger was much stronger than what he felt for Jongin.


Two months passed and Sehun had been living each day like hell. He was about to enter his room from school when he heard his father raging in anger.


"I don't care how! I want them out of that house! If you need to buy that whole village do it! I want to see them living on the street like trash and die in hunger!"


Sehun felt his breath hitched. His head throbbed in extreme pain.


"And don't let that kid keep any job. Let them die in hunger. I don't care if I spend all my wealth just to make sure they suffer."


He burst inside his room and slammed the door as loud as he could. He threw everything his hand could grip. He stopped raging when his whole room was a wreck. He fell down on the cold ground and cried.


-----

 

Another month passed and Sehun don't think he could last another day from the agony devouring him entirely. He walked like a dead person down the stair and met the last person he wanted to see, his father.


"Sehun. Follow me."


His father turn his back and head inside the living room. He followed with his fist clenched.


"In two moths,you will be graduating. And you'll come with us in America. I applied you to three universities there and- - - -"


"I'm not going." He cut his father off. He was trembling in fear. He didn't know where he got the courage to talk back.


"what did you just say?" His father's voice was like a thunder striking him apart.


"I- - I'm staying here."


"I'll pretend I didn't hear what you said."


"No father. You can leave but I'm not going."


He stood still when his father's steps quicken toward him and felt his cheek burning from the slap that landed his face.


"Who give you the right to speak!"


His tears stream down and he cursed himself for being weak.


"I don't wanna be your son anymore."


He heard his father's voice stormed inside the house but he didn't stop running away. He reached the street. Sprint across the crowd of people. He ran and ran until he stopped infront of Jongin's house.


"JONGIN!" He screamed pounding his fist on the small gate.

 

After shouting Jongin's name thrice,the gate opened.


Jongin who just came out of the bed,swollen face and messy hair stood infront of equally disheveled Sehun.


"Sehun?what- - what happen to you?"


Sehun cried on his palms. His whole body trembled as every sound of cry came out.


"Hey,get in." Jongin grip his hands and pulled him inside the house.


"Sehun talk to me. What's wrong with you? Why are crying? I've been trying to call you and see you at school but- - -"


"Jongin do you hate me?"


He looked at Sehun's eyes.


"No." He wiped the tears all over Sehun's face.


"Why would I hate you? I was worried about you. I haven't seen you for three months. And I missed you so bad Oh Sehun."


Sehun throw his body to Jongin. Holding him tighter like someone would take Jongin away from him any time.


"Jongin I don't hate you! I'm sorry I was wrong. Don't hate me please!" His wailing echoed inside the house.


"Sehun,I don't hate you Ok. You're scaring me." Jongin hushed him by rubbing his back.


"I love you so much Jongin, don't leave me."


" I won't leave you so stop crying now please." Jongin tightened his embraced to Sehun.


The moment Sehun got back to his senses,he couldn't look straight to Jongin.


"Are  you going to tell me now what happened to you? everything?"


They were sitting across each other. He gulped down the water on the glass and finally met Jongin's eyes. The other boy got thinner. His face looked weary and stressed out.


"My parents," His voice trembles as he waited for Jongin's reaction upon mentioning his parents.


"What about your parents?"


He was confused when he didn't hint any anger in Jongin's face.


"How's your father?"


"He's ok. Sehun I have something to tell you about my father." 


He saw the glint of fear in Jongin's eyes. And his body shivered as he waited for him to speak.


"My father..The reason he disappeared was- - was because he killed a boy," Jongin looked down.


Sehun remained quiet.


"He was drunk when he hit a boy crossing the road.The boy's family couldn't forgive my father. His imprisonment was not enough for them. They fired my mother from every job she got in. My dad told me how much my mother suffered from that family. Then she took me away from here. Away where they couldn't harm us. Dad told my mom not to contact him so they couldn't trace us. Now I understand everything. Why my dad disappeared. Why my mom wouldn't tell me about him."


"Do you hate them? The boy's family?"


"Don't even ask Sehun. They're worst than animals! They're not human!"


Sehun tremor. His face stiffened and sweats turned cold. Jongin's eyes burning in fury. He looked completely different.


"I'm sorry Sehun. I didn't mean to say such harsh words but- - -the pain they put my family through-- - - i don't think I could ever forgive them. and now,they're doing it again. They kicked me out of school,they won't let me get a job,they want us to starve,to die." Jongin's jaw and fist clenched in anger.


"I- -know Jongin. I understand. I know." He reached the boy's hand infront of him. He unclenched his fist and intertwine their fingers.

 

Soon,Jongin's stoned face softened and a small smile appeared on his face.


"Where have you been Sehun? I needed you all this time but- - -I couldn't find you."


Sehun tried his hardest not to spill the tears his been holding inside. He don't know if it was better that Jongin didn't know the people he cursed was his family. But he choose to conceal the truth because he's afraid Jongin wouldn't accept him the way he did. He's not sure if Jongin's love was stronger as his love for him to forgive their families.


"I'm here now Jongin and I'll never leave you again. Even if you push me away,even if you don't want me anymore, even if you start hating me, even if you chose to forget me, I'll never leave."


"Stay with me for awhile. I need you so much Oh Sehun."


"I will Kim Jongin."

 

>>>So disappointed how other fans bash BaekSooChen..They're still EXO..huhu.. Don't wanna imagine the boys pain because of this 'sub group' thing..xoxo