When Giving Up Is The Only Cure

You can forget me but I'll make you fall in love again.

A/N: Okay guys let's all breath in and out! Please don't kill me and send me death threats. Tomorrow will be a brand new wondeeerrrrrful SeKai day I promise. LoL....I apologize for any mistakes.

xoxo~_~

 

It's been a week since the accident. Jongin ruptures almost all vital bones in his body making him paralyzed and unconscious for couple of weeks. Kyungsoon on the other hand is in hopeless state. After the impact,her upper body flew out of the car sending her to a comatose state.
 
Sehun never left the hospital. He hopelessly wait for Jongin to gain consciousness. He battles with himself to live thru the guilt wrecking him for Kyungsoon and her family who are as devastated as him. He and Luhani never speak a word to each other inside the hospital. He couldn't bring himself to ask for forgiveness because he knows he doesn't deserve even a drop of it. 
 
"Are you Ok?" asks Baekhyun gripping his hand tightly.
 
Sehun nods his head not taking his eyes to the ground. Baekhyun rests his back beside him. Luhani is sitting a couple seat away from them infront of Kyungsoon's room. A sound of metal rolling on the floor echoes in the empty hallway, Luhani rubs her sleepy eyes and blindly search for the can of coffee that fell on the ground. Baekhyun steps forward and reaches for the can beneath the bench,handing it back to her. Luhani gets up grabbing the can without a word and walks back to her seat. Baekhyun stares at her for awhile and returns beside Sehun.
 
The silence between them is interrupted by the sudden rushing of the doctor and nurses to the room infront of Sehun,Jongin's room. He abruptly stands up and follows inside but is refrain by one of the nurses. 
 
"Hyung what's happening?"
 
"I don't know Sehun-ah. Let's wait outside come on." Baekhyun holds his hand tightly pulling him back.
 
After waiting anxiously for long torturous minutes, the doctor comes out of the room. Sehun quickly blocks his way.
 
"Doctor! what happen to him?!"
 
"Are you a family member?" The doctor asks.
 
"We- - we are his friends. Is everything alright?" says Baekhyun.
 
"I'm glad to let you know that anytime by now he will regain consciousness,hopefully. He's able to open his eyes shortly and move his fingers but we still have monitor him. Don't force him to talk or move a muscle. We don't wanna jeopardize this wonder transition in his condition."
 
"Can we see him? Please?" Sehun pleads.
 
"Sorry but I need to talk to his family first." the doctor declines.
 
"I'm his sister," Luhani says standing behind them, "Can you let us see him?"
 
The doctor recognizes Luhani and nods his head," Don't stay and talk to him longer."
 
"Go see him." Luhani says after the doctor left and walks back to her seat.
 
Baekhyun drags him inside the room. Sehun instantly springs beside Jongin as soon as he sees his unconscious figure on the bed. He hesitates to touch him frightened to break any part of his already fragile body. Small and large tubes are attach all over his body. His face is lifeless. Jongin looks terribly broken.
 
"Jongin,"
 
 Sehun calls out covering his mouth  to muffle his sobbing. He turns to Baekhyun clasping his body to the older to support his wobbling knees from collapsing.
 
"Hyung. What should I do now?" 
 
Baekhyun encircle his arms around Sehun tighter, "We wait Sehun-ah. His doing fine for now. You have to wait a little bit more okay?"
 
Sehun nuzzles his head to the crook of Baekhyun's neck to suppress his wailing resonates the  room.
 
---
The following days, Jongin gradually shows positive signs of recovery. Jongin's real father often comes at the hospital. Though he doesn't talk to Sehun often,he still acknowledge his presence and tells him few updates on Jongin's state.
 
Jongin move his eyes slowly and wanders all over the plain white room. His sight lands on the figure lying on the couch. He grunts after his throat aches terribly as he tried to voice out  a word. He gave up trying to call out the person and shut his eyes again. 
He tries hard to skim his memory about what happened.Then flashes of Kyungsoon and him inside the car suspended on air and crashing on the ground electrifies his whole body.
 
'Kyungsoon! Kyungsoon! Kyungsoon!'
 
He attempts to calm and regulates his breathing normally. He remembers everything. The accident,Kyungsoon purposely crashing the car on the post. And Sehun! Sehun was waiting for him in the airport. They were suppose to escape together,away from all of them. Hot tears accumulates at the corners of his eyes.
 
"Kai? Kai? son can you hear me?!"
 
He opens his eyes again and sees his father. He strives to call his name but no words came out. His face scrunches at the pain overwhelming him.
 
"Don't force yourself. I'll get the doctor. Just relax son. I'll be back."
 
His eyes follows his father's figure dashing out of the door.
 
Sehun is staring blankly at the closed door when all of a sudden it burst wide open and shows Jongin's father dashing out. He instantly jerks up,his heart beating wildly. 
 
"Sehun! he is awake! Jongin's back!" Jongin's father exclaims hugging him.
 
He hesitates to walk in the room after the older man rush to call the doctor.He felt a hand on his arm.
 
"What are you waiting Sehunnie. Go and see him." Luhani nudge him forward towards the door.
 
He gulps twice before shakily reach the door knob. Cold sweats start to break out all over his body as his steps get closer inside. Then his watery eyes meets Jongin's frail eyes.
 
"Jongin."
 
His steps stutter as he approaches Jongin who didn't take his gaze off Sehun. But before he could hold him again,the doctor arrives and surge towards Jongin. He steps back leaning on the wall watching as they check Jongin. 
 
By the time the doctor is done running brief test to Jongin, Sehun let the older man takes a moment with his son. He patiently waits until Jongin locks gaze at him again as if telling him to move closer.
 
"Sehun,come here." Jongin's father gestures him to stay beside Jongin.
 
He didn't touch Jongin despite his desperation to do so. Jongin struggles to open his mouth for words but pain strikes him making him groan loudly.
 
"Idiot! don't force yourself!" Sehun clutch the other's hand while his free hand his chest to sooth the pain away.
 
"You have to be strong Okay? So we can get out of here soon,you understand?"
 
Jongin blink once as if it's the only way he can let Sehun know he heard him.                        
Sehun never left Jongin's side,telling him random stories  though the other can barely comprehend anything yet. Everytime he holds Jongin's hand,the other would grip it  back tightly. And Sehun's assured that he still has Jongin's heart.
 
Jongin progressively regain his senses one after the other until he can finally speak and move his limbs again.
 
-------
 
"Sehun, I have to pee." Jongin mumbles as he tries to settle his feet on the ground.
 
Sehun abandons the fruits his peeling and run to Jongin," Yah! Slow down."                                  
He encircles Jongin's one arm around his neck and his own hand to Jongin's waist. He waits outside the washroom as the other does his business.The door clicks open and he quickly assisted Jongin.
 
"Did you wash your hands?"
 
Jongin's cheeks redden and glares at Sehun, "No I didn't!" he rubs his hand to Sehun's face.
 
"That's gross!!" Sehun swats away his hand.
 
Sehun has to slightly lift Jongin's weight for him to climb back on the bed, "Feeling better now?" he Jongin's face gently.
 
"Yeah,thanks so much Oh Sehun." he caught Sehun's hand, "and just to let you know I brushed my teeth!"
 
Before Sehun can get the idea of what the other means he is pulled closer and Jongin is kissing him gently,deeply. He smiles between their locked lips and returns the kiss more needy and passionate.
-----
 
Kai dumps the remote after getting bored on watching the TV screen. Sehun went out and his father left an hour ago. The door opens after a soft knock and the nurse who regularly monitors him enters.They  greet each other politely and let her do some test on him.
 
"Can I ask you something?'
 
The lady looks at him and nods her head in response.
 
"the- - the girl I am with inside the car, where is she? Is- - she okay?"
 
The nurse archs his brows, "I'm sorry I don't have the permission to discuss her condition. Maybe you can ask your family."
 
"They say she's doing fine but they won't let me see her."
 
"Because you're not perfectly fine yet. But her room is the one next to this room. Just get well so you can see her soon."
 
"Okay."he whispers.
 
Kai waits few more minutes after the nurse left and when he's sure that no one is coming, he collected all his strength to stand on his own. He waits few second to move his wobbly legs and taking a step. It takes him amount of sweats and time to reach outside the door.
 
He leans on the wall for support while he make his way to the door next to his. The door creeks slowly as he opens it. His heartbeat suddenly races as he gets closer. He sees Luhani sleeping on the couch. Then a small figure lying on the bed meets his eyes.The figure is wrapped with bandage all over,from the legs to hand and face. No skin was exposed. Large tubes is connected to the nose,mouth,chest and wrists. He doesn't want to believe it is Kyungsoon beneath the fully covered body. His legs give up and fall down on the ground.
 
"Kyungsoon..." 
 
"Kai!" Luhani who's awaken by  the loud thud jolts to see Kai on the ground.  She helps him sit up.
 
"What are you doing here?!" 
 
"kyungsoon," he's heavily panting and grasping air to enter to his clog lungs,"that's not Kyungsoon! Noona where is she?!"
 
"Kai! kai! stop it!" Luhani hushes him down, "She will be okay just like you. We just need to wait but she will make it. Calm down it will only harm you."
 
"No! it's all my fault! she doesn't deserve to be in that place! it's suppose to be me!"
 
Luhani didn't have a choice but to put him down on the floor as he sprints out of the room and seek help to calm Kai.
-----
 
Sehun arrives an hour late and left dumbfounded as he found Jongin on the bed with oxygen tube in his nose.
 
"His lungs almost gave up awhile ago so he needs oxygen tube to breath." His father explains seeing Sehun standing at loss behind him.
 
"He went to Kyungsoon's room and freaked out after seeing her condition."
 
Sehun felt a sting in his chest. He comb his fingers on his scalp and tries to hide the agony creeping all over him. Jongin stays asleep the whole night and Sehun remains watching him. Now that Jongin found out about Kyungsoon's condition,he desperately prayed that it won't change Jongin in any way. 
 
Sehun  couldn't close his eyes the whole time waiting for Jongin's to wake up and  be the first person Jongin to see once he open his eyes again. His head lurch when Jongin's fingers knotted on his own moves and eyes slowly opens.
 
"Hey,Are you feeling okay?" Sehun cups his left cheek.
 
Jongin didn't meet Sehun's eyes instead he closes them back as he regulates his breathing. Sehun withdraws his hand off Jongin taken aback by the other's negligence.
 
"Are you hungry? you want me to get food for you?"
 
Jongin shakes his head twice without a word. Sehun choose to keep silent instead. Another day passed and Jongin  still won't say a word to him or even spare him a glance. He starts to get impatient and anxious. But decides to give the older male more time to sort out whatever it is bothering him inside.
 
"Sehun."
 
Sehun pitch suddenly hearing Jongin calling him after a day or disregarding him. He left his laptop and walks near him.
 
"Yes?Do you wanna go the the washroom?"
 
"No. I- - need- - to tell you something." Jongin's mouth quiver.
 
Sehun tries to remain calm despite the fear starting to ram inside him, "Sure. What is it you wanna tell me."
 
He waits patiently until Jongin gathers the courage to speak.
 
"Sehun. I- - I- -don't think I can do this anymore." Jongin lowers his head.
 
"W-what do you mean?" Sehun controls the tears beaming at the corner of his eyes.
 
"Sehun I love you so much but- - -I can't do this to Kyungsoon. It's not right. I'm sorry." Jongin  let his tears stream down his face.
 
"You- - are just confused. Please don't do this." He doesn't care anymore if he sounds desperately begging. He don't want to fall into another misery.
 
"I'm sorry Sehun..I'm really sorry. I'm so sorry, I'm sorry..." Jongin keeps saying sorry over and over.
 
"What about me?  Don't you care anymore if I get hurt or die in pain too?!" his voice rises.
 
Jongin remains silent.
 
"I'm so tired of this. I'm so tired of waiting. I'm so tired of crying. I'm so tired of hurting.  I'm so tired of you." Sehun's voice crack as he sobs uncontrollably.
 
"I don't want this kind of love anymore." he reaches the back of his neck and unlock the necklace with a ring hanging on it. He grabs Jongin's hand and place the ring on his palm.
 
"I won't wait for you anymore. Goodbye Jongin.'"
 
Sehun turns his back. He run and run as fast as he could far away from him. When he felt his legs can't move any longer, he pauses and hide at the corner of the street. He collapses on the ground,cried and cried and cried like he never did before. The reality strikes him that  they finally ended it. There will be no more  star gazing and making silly wishes on falling stars.No more cheesy and cringing moments. No more  Kim Jongin and Oh Sehun. 
 
 
P.S
 
Just incase you're confused, I use the name  'Jongin' in Sehun's point of view since he doesn't want to call him Kai,right?
Two chapters to go!!