Our Accidental First Date (ii)

You can forget me but I'll make you fall in love again.
It's the last day of sports festival. Sehun's playing for the basketball team and Jongin for the soccer team. He wanted to watch Jongin play but both games schedule time conflicted. He sulked while wrapping bandage around his legs and arms.
 
Meanwhile, Jongin was already on the field stretching his body alone while his teammates clumping altogether in a corner. He never felt welcomed or accommodated by his classmates during their practice but he didn't mind as long as they don't touch him. He learned that Kris don't mix personal things to his academics. He was hated but because they needed him on the team,none of them initiated a fight.
 
"Hey Sehun focus! don't space out in the middle of the game!" Yixing slapped his shoulder.
 
"Yes MVP ahjussi!" He teased Yixing. He envied Yixing for his close-to-professional playing basketball and without wearing thick glasses. He just couldn't. And contact lens never works on him either.
 
Both their class' teams were leading in the first halves of the games.Sehun knew how good his team mates were and his confident they'll win the game. They lost three games already and he couldn't afford to lose another one.
 
Jongin panted as another ball from them missed the goal. He cursed inside. They're behind by one point on at the end of first half. At break time,none of them uttered a word. He sighed at his teammates' disappointed and exhausted state.
 
"hey guys.."
 
Basketball team went to the tent their resting with shimmering medals on their necks.
 
Just perfect timing. He thought.
 
"You won. So it all depends on us now.." Kris said in deprived low voice. 
 
"Guys. Just trust each other. You won't make it if you play separately. We're a team that's why you need to trust and relay with each other." 
 
He looked at Sehun while he encouraged their losing team. His glasses back.
 
Jungsoo,the basketball team captain, took his medal off his neck and placed them on kris' and  made everyone confused.
 
"Goodluck charm. I'll lend you my coolness Kris. For our team."
 
Other members of the basketball team took off their medals and hanged them around to other soccer teams neck. Sehun took off his and walked closer to Jongin. the latter backed away.
 
"No thanks Oh Sehun,I have lots of charms already."
 
Sehun plunge the medal anyway in his neck, "I know. That medal looks better on you because you deserve it, Kim Jongin."
 
"Ow so sweet!..Say Kimchi!!!" They turn to Baekhyun snapping his camera to them. 
 
"Okay another shot guys!" 
 
Baekhyun ignored the two's stoned faces and snaps picture to their classmates.
 
"Guys we can do this.  We're a team. We are One."
 
Each member of the soccer team hurdle around Kris,hands on top the others. They all looked at Jongin. Sehun elbowed him and gestured him to join. He reluctantly walk towards them and placed his hand on top.
 
------
 
Loud upbeat music and cheers boomed in Sehun's ear as soon as they entered the school's gymnasium where the sports festival ending party took place. 
 
"YES! This is what you call LIFE!!!!!!" Jongdae screamed shaking his waist unattractively.
 
"SWAAAAGGGGG!" Yixing and Baekhyun shouted in unison.
 
Sehun snorted his nose in disgust. "So nerdy-ish.."
 
He detach himself to them and find a quiet place at the corner. He sat silently scanning the hyper teenagers all around. He searched for Kim Jongin but then he remembered  he told him yesterday he's not coming and rather sleep. He wouldn't come either if not dragged by his nerd friends.
 
He found the place very disturbing so he secretly sneak off when Baekhyun's not looking. He paused midway when he saw Jongin sitting at the end rows of tables,looking as gloomy and bored as him. He walked towards Jongin and the latter stood up the moment he saw him coming.
 
"I thought you said you're not coming?"
 
"Curiousity kills the cat and I'm literally dying in boredom. I'm going out to a more awesome place than here. Wanna come?"
 
"uhm---Sure."
 
He followed Jongin. And that awesome place happened to be the school's backyard under the tree. 
 
Jongin quickly slump his body on the lawn grass with his arms folded under his head. Sehun chose to sit next to him.
 
"hey lie down!"
 
'W- -what?"
 
"I said lie down nerd!"
 
 Before Sehun can resist his body was pulled and his stomach lying flat on the ground.
 
"Ow!!! can't you tell me in nicer way?" He turned around and laid on his back.
 
"Do you see that?" Jongin pointed his finger on one of the trillions star above them, "that's my star!" a smile escaped his lips.
 
"Uhm----they all look the same to me.." Sehun answered.
 
"You're boring! Just shut up while I gaze at my star..Don't disturb me."
 
He didn't answer. He was always amazed by the beauty of a plain dark sky sprinkled with beautiful stars. Like jewels scattered in the sky. 
 
"I wonder if they look the same upclose," he heard Jongin blurted.
 
"They're much bigger than our planet." he answered.
 
"I wish I could make a huge house made of them. That would be awesome! Everyone will stare at my house like WOW! and I won't let anyone touch it except me!"
 
He smiled at Jongin's silly wish.
 
"I always make a wish when there's a falling star."
 
"Do your wish always come true?"
 
"Nope. I know it wouldn't but anyways I still wish. When I'm sad, I gaze at the sky at night and wish. Then somehow I feel better."
 
"Do you wish on genie's too?"
 
"What am I stupid? Genies don't exist!"
 
"How does it make different from wishing on falling star?!"
 
"Shut up you don't know,you'll never know so just Shut.Up.Oh.Sehun."
 
"It's you who can't stop opening your mouth Kim Jongin."
 
Jongin pulled his arms under his head and smack Sehun's shoulder.
 
"shut up!"
 
"I will shut up if you shut up Kim Jongin!"
 
They fall into silence again. Both eyes at the beauty above them. Suddenly,a white line crossed rapidly among the dots. They both snapped and squealed in unison.
 
"Star!!!!" both fingers pointing to the sky.
 
"Make a wish now!" Jongin exclaimed and closed his eyes.
 
Sehun who don't believe in things can't be explained by science like making a wish on a star, just stared at Jongin who looked whole-heartedly wishing under his breath. He looked away embarrassed when Jongin opened his eyes.
 
"Did you made a wish Oh Sehun?"
 
"Nope."
 
"Why not?!"
 
"just because..What did you wish for?"
 
"Why would I tell you? You're a major !"
 
'I'm not!"
 
"Kill joy!"
 
"Childish.."
 
"Grump."
 
"Delulu.."
 
"Nerd!"
 
"Nerd? Run out of words kim Jongin?"
 
"Don't talk to me Oh Sehun.."
 
"Fine.."
 
Another silence fell. Jongin laid back on the ground. Sehun followed. Then a soft sweet song coming from the party inside the building filled the air. 
 
 
My hot lips want to touch your soft lips
So that my love will be delivered to your heart
 
If you still haven’t known how I felt
I will love you more than anyone in this world
 
I will love you until always, I will love you
Like this moment right now, more than anyone in this world
I will love you
 
Sehun clutched his chest unawarely. He felt his heart jumping off his rib cage. He glanced at Jongin at the corner of his eyes. Still lost in the beauty above him.
 
I can wake up your curiosity by saying difficult words
I can spend this night with that common game
 
But I want you to know my heart now
I will love you more than anyone in this world
 
I will love you until always, I will love you
Like this moment right now, more than anyone in this world
I will love you
 
I will love you
 
Sehun could still feel his heartbeat quickening even after that awakening song ended. He froze when Jongin sat up and look down staright at his eyes.
 
"Hey I wanna give you this.."
 
Sehun who was frozen down on the ground looked up at the shining medal hanging on Jongin's hand.
 
"You gave me yours,so, here's mine.."
 
Jongin was annoyed he was just staring dumbfounded,grabbed his collar and pull him up. He shoot the medal to Sehun's neck.
 
"T--thanks."
 
"Yeah.."
 
Their so close. Too close they could feel warm breath touching their face. They both stared at each other's widen and shaking eyes.
 
"Oh Sehun, go out on a date with me."