You Are The Only Exception

You can forget me but I'll make you fall in love again.
Stolen glances were exchanged,staring at each other's retreating figure,listening silently at each other's voices in class recitations.That's how Sehun and Jongin spent the days for the past two weeks since the last time they spoke to each other.
 
"Sports festival's fast approaching..Is that something worth anicipating for?" Jongdae blurted adjusting the rim of his glasses.
 
"It is," Yixing replied, "It's our last year in highschool. Stuff like this rarely happens in college..I will miss this the most..No boring lectures and just fun fun fun!"
 
"Sehun please don't put me on any ball games,remember what happened to me a year ago? Kris,Tao and Chanyeol intentionally kicked my more than ten times intead of the soccer ball in the field.Please spare me." Baekhyun pleaded.
 
"But hyung,you're good in soccer that's why..Our class will be missing a member if I pulled you out. Can't you endure it for this year?it's our last year anyway?" Sehun explained.
 
"What if it also turns to be my last year alive?!OWWW! I have an idea.." He leans closer to Sehun with Jongdae and Yixing leaning forward too.
 
"Kim Jongin..he can replace me..Look at his body! He kicks well too,remember? at the garage?" he whispred.
"But hyung they'll purposely gonna beat him up in the field!"
"Ohmygawd Sehun!! You're worried about him over me? your own flesh and blood?!" Baekhyun shouted.
"Eyyyyy Oh Sehun how can you think of sacrificing your little puppy cousin to save Kim Jongin in Kris' fury?" Yixing shook his head.
"Fine. I just don't want the others to think I'm using my position to cover up for my cousin or friends.."
"Why not!!!! You're the class president! and we're your comrades. Being in that position is the only strenght you have.We're the class nerds,considered  wimps! but with you my dear pretty cousin as the president,the teachers' trusted student,they'll think twice to harm you."
"But I don't wanna talk to him.." Sehun whispered lowering his gaze to the ground.
"what?why?!" the three asked in unison.
"He thinks I meddle on his life too much.." he pouted.
"tch..this is about academics.Set aside your personal teenage dillemas. Just think of it as your highness duty..Now go and ask him,No,tell him to join the soccer team with or without his agreement." Baekhyun shook his shoulders to push him off his seat.
"Now?like now?now?!"
 
"No personal attachment,just doing my duty.."Sehun chanted over and over as he walk down the hallway looking for Kim Jongin. He just knew he was hiding again under the tree at the school backyard like he always do every lunch.He ignored the question popping in his mind about the wrapped muffins he's hiding behind his back.
He walked slowly to the sleeping body under the shaded ground. Checking for any hint of movement from Jongin before sighing deeply.
 
"Excu---excuse me.." he waited for response,
 
"Uhm- - - classmate?"
 
"....."
 
"Kim Jongin-ssi?"
 
"....."
 
"Kim Jongin?!Kim Kongin?!Kim------"
 
"WHAT???!!!!"
 
Sehun jerked in surprise.Jongin now on his glaring at Sehun.
 
"are yo- - -you awake now?" he stuttered.
 
"No! Im still sleeping with my eyes wide open nerd!" Jongin rolled his eyes,"what do you want again?!!"
 
Before Sehun could answer,a roaring of stomach filled up the air.They stared at each.
 
"I'm sure it's not me.."Sehun uttered while extending his hand with the wrapped muffin.
 
"Go away,I'm not hungry.." Jongin turned his back to Sehun. But another roaring sound,much louder and longer from the first one filled the air again. Jongin couldn't help not to rub his stomach and grunt. He wanted to cry from embarassment.
 
"Hey it's not poisoned,I promise." he heard Sehun and hinted a smile on the boy's voice.
 
Jongin swallowed his pride and reached for the muffin in Sehun's hand hanging on the air for long.
 
"Thanks." he whispered.
 
"Can I sit beside you? I have something to say.."
 
"Yeah..sure.." he answered without looking and took a large bite on the muffin.
 
They both felt awkward. It's the first time sitting beside each other peacefully. Sehun could hear Jongin munching on the muffin,he smiled.
 
"Speak..."he heard Jongin.
 
"Uhm----would you like to be on the soccer team?" their eyes met.
 
"Soccer as in kicking a ball on green field?" Jongin asked.
 
"No,soccer as in knitting yarn.." Sehun heaved sigh.
 
A loud and crispy laughter echoed in the air. Sehun with his eyes wide open staring at Jongin holding his stomach and coughed several times as he choke on the muffin stuck inside his mouth.
 
"that's so funny,you know!! Soccer like knitting yarn..good job! good job!! what's the catch?"
 
"Uhm--Extra points? Showcasing your hidden talent? making friends? if you win,bragging rights?" he sounded like he's entirely unsure Jongin's interested on those things and turn down his invitation.
 
Jongin rubbed the bottom of his chin humming like he's thinking deeply.
 
"You're lucky you're cute and suddenly I can't say no.."
 
Sehun's face redden at the compliment and Jongin cursed himself for calling 'a boy' like him cute.
 
"uhm- - - so- - - who's in the knitting club?" Jongin asked to shove the embarrassment in the air.
 
Sehun smiles at the simple joke,"Kris,Tao,Chanyeol- - - "
 
"hahahahha..Kris gang's on the knitting club? It's so funny when you imagine it..Sitting together with their badass auras then knitting pink scarfs..hahahahhahaha!"
 
"It's refreshing to find this side of you.."
 
There was silence.Sehun repent in messing up the mood.This won't probably happen ever again.
 
"Are you ok with it?They might hurt you.."
 
"If you knew they'll hurt me?then why'd you invite me to join?You hate me that much?"
 
"NO!! I don't hate you..It's you who hates me,you even thought that I'd poison you,remember?" 
 
"I don't hate you." 
 
Sehun's heart skipped a beat. 
 
"but I don't like you either."
 
Sehun's lips pursed tight.
 
"But we can try to be friends.."
 
Sehun's head snapped in shock.He just stared at Jongin awestruck.
 
"why are you so surprised?" Jongin arched his brows.
 
"C-cause I thought you hate people and wants to be alone.."
 
"yeah..maybe..I hate when other people bothers me..But,I'll let you pass..You're an exception..You can talk to me but don't bother me much..And don't expect anything from me like running to you when you get in trouble..Or listen to your crappy down moments..or woo you when we have misunderstandings..Probably how you and your nerd friends do..Hate those stuffs!"
 
It's Sehun's turn to laugh and Jongin watch those pair of eyes wrinkled in crescent shape behind thick glasses..
 
"Never in my craziest dream did I ever thought you talk too much Kim Jongin.."
 
"And neither did I ever think you know how to laugh. You're always frowning,dead serious and mind-drifting Oh Sehun.."
 
"I've never seen you smile or laugh too.You're always smirking or glaring kim Jongin.."
 
"I just have few reasons to laugh or be happy,Oh Sehun.."
 
"Me too,Kim Jongin.."
 
And there's silence again. But this time it's not awkward. It was comfortable. Admiring how did they turn from strangers  to friends. The sound of bell broke their quietness.
 
"Let's go back.." Jongin slap sehun's shoulder before picking his bag on the ground. Sehun pulled himself up too and they walk together back to the building. A smile at the corner of Sehun's lips didn't disappear.
 
Baekhyun and some of their classmates who witnessed were stunned when Jongin bid goodbye to Sehun before disappearing off the room.
 
"what was that?!" Baekhyun exclaimed pulling Sehun's arm. The on-lookers stayed to know Sehun's answer.
 
"A classmate saying goodbye?" Sehun replied casually.
 
"Kim Jongin doesn't talk to classmates!to Teachers! Why he suddenly say 'goodbye Oh Sehun' and you replied 'see you tomorrow Kim Jongin'?" Baekhyun interrogates,the others nodding along with Baekhyun's point.
 
Sehun would tell his cousin everything but not infront of the unwanted crowd.
 
"Cause I'm the class president and Harmony,peace,and unity is my motto.."
 
The people around them disappeared one by one losing interest to Sehun.
 
"Hyung,We're just friends,ok?" Sehun sighed.
 
"Ow..Really? I thought his allergic to humans..Well,you can introduce him to our circle of friends..Jongdae and Yixing would be happy..We've been stuck with each other since elementary. It will be great to have a new friend who doesn't look like us..Nerds.."
 
"No."
 
"Why not Sehun-ah?"
 
"Cause you're right hyung he hates people but..Im an exception.." Sehun smiles before sliding his bag across his shoulder and walk past Baekhyun.
 
"You're the only exception? He's so unfair!"
 
"See you tomorrow hyung!"
 
On the last day of class,Sehun was standing infront of his classmates who paid less attention to him.
 
"Ok guys..Here's the final list of the teams and its members for the sports festival next week.." He sighed as he turned his back to post the chart he made on the board.He heard several sounds of disappointment behind him. He took a deep deep breath before he faced them all void with annoyance he felt inside him.
 
"Yah! why's my name on the track&field? I wanna be on the soccer team!!!!"
 
"You're ugly! you don't fit on soccer team that's why!!!!"
 
"Why did you put us two in basketball??? his feet stinks!!!!!"
 
"Your mouth stinks too and you keep on backhugging us!! you're gay!!!"
 
"YAH!! why's soccer team written first than the other teams! that's favoritism!"
 
"WHY do have something against soccer team HUH??!"
 
Sehun inhaled and exhaled to relax,eventually his classmates would settle down. He didn't want to pour more oil on the fire. So he just listen to their outbust on his left ear and went out on the right.
 
"SHUT.UP." 
 
The screaming and voices slowly faded until there was silence. Sehun opened his eyes to met the pair of eye boring hole on his face.
 
"Why's he in my team?" it was Kris.
 
"Baekhyun can't play next week,he sprain his ankle.."
 
Baekhyun made an agonizing sound reaching and rubbing his ankle. And wink to Sehun.
 
"Pull him out or else you're gonna regret it Oh Sehun.."
 
"Why are you that scared I'm gonna outshine your old,boring image?"
 
All eyes on Jongin now. Sehun pleaded from heavens above for Jongin to not open his mouth again,but Kris and Jongin battled eyes to eyes.
 
"Kris,it's our class' team..I placed everyone on the field I know they will do best and are needed. This will be our last year in highschool. I just want everyone to have fun..So please guys,I need your cooperation."
 
Silence fell in the room. 
 
"Whatever. I'm outta here.." Kris walk out with his gang tailing behind.
 
"Pres? can we go now? I think everyone doesn't have any complaints anymore and it's getting boring.."
 
"Yeah..See you all next week." Sehun offered a small smile. Everyone started to leave one by one.
 
"wew..I thought that's going to be one bloody argument..I'm surprised kris didn't press harder and take it to supreme court.." Baekhyun blurted while helping Sehun cleaning the board.
 
"Or you think he gave up cause he's planning to get back on kim Jongin in the field?" Baekhyun's continued with widen eyes.
 
Before Sehun could answer,Jongin spoke behind them,"So you play basketball Oh Sehun?"
 
They both turned and Baekhyun let go of an exaggerated gasp. Jongin glanced at him for a second and quickly set his eyes back to Sehun's.
 
"Yeah. But I'm not as good as Yixing..Anyway I forgot to thank you for accepting my offer kim Jongin."
 
"Nah..I want to piss off Tao,too,hahaha..I've got to go..Bye Oh Sehun."
 
"Yeah bye Kim Jongin"
 
Jongin smack his bag to hit Sehun's shoulder before disappeaing to the door.
 
"Wow..he can speak more than ten words..I didn't know you two are that close..I'm jealous..you two even have an endearment."
 
"we don't have an endearment.."
 
"You call each other's full name every after sentence..Sweet."
 
"whatever Byun baekhyun."
 
"Hey! you should keep that tradition to both of you only.."
 
Jongdae and Yixing came and invited Sehun for another game which he declined,again.
 
----------------
Usually,Sehun would be the last person to leave,if not in their classroom,the last in the whole campus. He was walking on the empty hallway when he heard dribbling of a ball. When he's approaching the building's door,Jongin was there leaning on the opened door and dribbling a basket ball.
 
"Why are you still here Kim Jongin?" Sehun asked once he's closer to his side.
 
"Wanna play Oh Sehun?"
 
Sehun remembered what Baekhyun said about their 'endearment' and he smiled. He nodded twice and Jongin threw the ball to him which he catched and dribbled while they're making their way to the gymnasium.
 
"I thought you were all books and spectacle Oh Sehun." Jongin threw his bag on the lower row of bleachers.
 
"it's just that I prioritized studies than fun Kim Jongin." Sehun replied while carefully placing his bag and folded blazer on the bleacher.
 
"you're playing with your nerdy glasses Oh Sehun?" 
 
"Uhm..My eyesight's not so good.."
 
Jongin just nodded his head.
 
Oh No I broke the tradition. He thought.
 
"--Kim Jongin." he quickly added to his previous statement before Jongin could say another words.
 
"huh?" Jongin raised his brow.
 
"Nothing. Are you ready Kim Jongin?"
 
He smirked,"Don't blame me if I hit and broke your glasses Oh Sehun." He slightly bend his knees in position to block Sehun who's holding the ball.
 
After three minutes of dribblings, blockings, running, slightly pushing, tricking, failed shootings,Jongin finally scored from a dunk. Jongin jumps and shouted 'hooooray' that echoed all over the place.
 
Sehun,let out an annoyed sigh. He dribbled the ball not taking his eyes off to Jongin blocking infront of him. Jongin playfully slapped Sehun's face and,
 
"Hey that's- - - " Sehun words suspended when the Jongin snatched the ball.
 
Sehun fall to Jongin's dirty trick again,now the ball on his hand and freely dribbling the ball making an effortless shoot.
 
"5-0 in favor of almighty Kim Jongin..YEAH!!!!"
 
"I'm not playing anymore almighty tricker Kim Jongin!!" Sehun exclaimed picking up the ball and throwing them at Jongin hitting his shoulder.
 
"AHHHHHHHHHHH!"
 
Sehun snapped his body to face Jongin. He was crouching on the floor holding his shoulder Sehun had hit.
 
Sehun nervously walked towards Jongin,"hey!!!! Are you Ok? Did I throw it hard? Im sorry!!!!!! Are you ok,Kim Jongin??!" he started to panic seeing Jongin wincing in pain.
 
Jongin didn't answer until the pain his holding was too much and passed out.
 
"Kim jongin??!!! Kim Jongin??!!!!!" Sehun trembled. There's no response from the boy lying unconscious on the floor,Sehun ran towards his bag,fishing out his phone and dashed to Jongin again.
 
"Ohmygod Jongin please wake up!!!!!!!" he shouted ,craddling the boy to his lap,his right hand holding the phone to his ear.
 
"Ahjussi,call for an ambulance!!!!!I'm here at the school- - - - - "
 
"HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH!!!!!"
 
Sehun stiffened as he watch Jongin laughing his out loud,rolling on the ground. 
 
The voice shouting his name on the phone brought him back to his senses.He apologized and told the butler everything was fine. He wiped the wet stains all over his face and disheveled his wet soaked hair before he stood up without a word.
 
"Hey! I didn't thought you'd be that paranoid..That was so funny Oh Sehun!!!" He heard Jongin shouted behind him.
 
Jongin was bewildered and his eyes widen  when a phone flying past over him smashing on the ground. And his gaze back on Sehun with eyes closed,lips trembling.
 
"Never.Never joke about dying. You don't know how it feels to see someone dying infront of you,in your arms Kim Jongin." Though Sehun's eyes were shut,it didn't stop the tears to spill out. He grabbed his bag and stormed out of the gymnasium,the loud smashing of door echoed.
 
Jongin sat dumbfounded on the ground as he watched hot tears stream down Sehun's eyes blazing with anger and his figure storming out of the gymnasium. He flinched at the banging of the door resonate all over the place.
 
He lied on the ground with his forearm covering his eyes. After only god knows how long he stayed down on the ground,he stood up,picking every pieces of Sehun's smashed phone,putting the ball on the shelf,grabbing his bag and blazer,then shutting the door gently.
 END.
 
Thanks for the wonderful comments,for subscribing,and the upvotes,it inspires me more. I'll post more on tuesday..THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH~_~