The Turn of Events (i)

You can forget me but I'll make you fall in love again.
"He's Kim Jongin." 
 
Sehun's freezes. His mind couldn't believe the name Kim Jongin came out of Kai's mouth. He thought he's just dreaming. Imagining things again. Lost in his fantasy again.
 
"I heard you call his name Oh Sehun. When you were drunk. He's that someone right?"
 
He gulp to moisten his drier than ever throat.
 
"Don't worry Oh Sehun I wouldn't judge you if that's what your afraid of. You're a great person and I still see you that way."
 
Sehun draw his knees closer to him and embrace them to find support to his complete breakdown.
 
"Y-yes. It's Kim- -Jongin." His voice cracks and lowers his head to hide his glassy eyes, "that's why I couldn't tell you."
 
"But now that I found out who he is. You can tell me everything right?"
 
It takes long moment for Sehun to find the courage to speak again.
 
"Why?Why do you want to know?" his eyes still avoiding the other's.
 
"Since the first day I met you asking me weird stuff,then when I meet you again here, and everytime I look at you,I often wonder what could be the reason behind the sadness in your eyes,in your smiles."
 
Silence. 
 
Sehun hesitates but..but something pushes him to reveal everything to Jongin. He thought probably he has the right to know. To know what happened to him,to them. Their story.
 
"Kim Jongin is- -," he started looking at the horizon like the vision of past is infront of him,
"is the person I only loved in my life. I was in my last year in highschool when he came to my school.  He's so distant and didn't care about anything. He hates the world,his mother,his life. He hated me maybe a little bit because I kept on bothering him. Never leave him alone when all he wanted was to sleep and be invisible to the world. But to me,he's all I could see. Then he slowly opened his world to me. Breakdown all his defenses and accepted me. The only exception,as what he called it. But to some unfortunate twist of fate, his father was the one who hit and killed my brother in an accident." 
 
Sehun takes a moment to pause when he heard Kai whisperes an 'ow'.
 
"My parents exhausted all their time and effort to revenge my brother's death. Kim Jongin suffered from  my parents rage since he was young. Then his father was pardoned from the crime. He was so happy to finally be with his father he waited for all his life.  But..Our parents found out about us. Then.." Sehun breaths deeply.
 
"Then,my parents was so enraged. They forced us to separate. My parents tormented me. If I didn't leave this country,Kim Jongin's life will be completely ruined. I had no choice. Jongin and his parents' life was on my parents hand. They could crush them anytime they want to. I had no choice. He begged me not to leave. But I didn't listen to him. I didn't have a choice Jongin.." Sehun couldn't hold his tears anymore and buries his head on his palm.
 
"I left because I thought it was the best. I promise him to come back when I'm strong enough to fight for us. But..It's too late..He completely erased me in his life. I thought he would wait for me but---he didn't."
 
Kai keep his lips sealed as he listen to Sehun's crying flowing on the cold wind gently hitting their bodies. He lets him cry. He wants to comfort him but he don't know how. He feels like blaming himself. If he knew it will only hurt the younger,he shouldn't have asked.But it's too late.
 
"Oh Sehun,why don't you tell him. What if- - -what if someday he remembers- -his memory came back? And blames you for not doing everything to let him remember you? It's not his fault he lost his memory."
 
"His happy now. That's what all matters to me."
 
"But how about you? Can you see yourself? Are you still living? How many times did you try to end your life while he's out there living his life to the fullest."
 
Sehun feels weird listening to what the Jongin infront of him is saying.
 
"I know. I blame him sometimes. I thought maybe what he felt for me wasn't strong enough that's why forgotten about me but I don't wanna forget him. I can't and I don't want to. And if  in next life,I'd still chose to love only him even if we suffer the same fate."
 
"You really love him that much?"
 
This time Sehun manage to look Jongin in the eyes,"I told you. Beyond heaven and earth."
 
Kai let out a deep sigh. 
 
"I can't believe someone like you exist Oh Sehun."
 
Kai reaches out to pat Sehun's head. Somehow Sehun feels a bit happy. How peculiar it is to tell Jongin everything that he forgotten. He's able to let him know he waited for him. He came back for him. Though he couldn't remember,Sehun is satisfied to let Jongin know how much he loves him still.
 
--------
Luhani is nervously waiting at the arrival area at the airport. Her breath tangles when she sees a woman coming out of the exit. She waves her hand on the air.
 
"Auntie!"
 
She embraces the woman when they're facing each other.
 
"Oh Luhani,Thank you for doing this."
 
"No problem Auntie. I'm doing this for Sehunnie too."
 
"I know."
 
Luhani knows the conflict between Sehun and his parents. She doesn't know the real reason but  she was aware of it for a long time. Sehun might hate her for intruding his personal life too much but she just couldn't reject his mother when she told her that she wanted to see her son. 
 
When her car arrives at the clinic. She breathed deeply and hopes for the best to happen.She enters first with Sehun's mother behind him. Baekhyun is at the small lounge with his plants, he looks up at the newcomer and his eyes bulges to see who it is.
 
"A- -Auntie?" 
 
"Baekhyun how are you? Where is Sehun?"
 
"Se-Sehun is- - -"
 
Like a cue, Sehun comes out from his office and also appalled to see the unexpected visitor.
 
"Sehun.." his mother's eyes tear up upon seeing him.
 
"What- -what are you doing here- - -mom?"
 
------
Sehun still couldn't assimilate what just happen. His mother is now sitting across him. She seems to be a different person. Not the stern and cold woman that he remembers his mother is.
 
"Sehun- - -son."
 
He hears his mother's voice glitch. He looks at her and can't believe she is shedding tears.
 
"I'm sorry. I was terribly wrong- - for everything we've done to you. I know it's not easy for you to forgive us but we will wait. Your father and I,we will wait for you to forget us son."
 
His chest clenches in pain. He thought forgiveness has no place in his heart anymore. But witnessing his mother crying,asking and waiting for him to forgive them. And calling him son,the word he dream of since he was a kid, melts all the hatred in his heart instantly. 
 
"Mom...Can you- - call me-- -" he gulps the huge lump in his throat, "call me son once more?"
 
Tears stream down from their eyes while they hold each other. Sehun couldn't remember if his mother ever embraced him before. He feels like a little child clinging to his mother for comfort.
 
"My son! forgive your mother. I was wrong."
 
He tightens his embrace around his mother, "I forgive you mom."
 
------
Baekhyun's fingers dig on Luhani's skin as he drag her out of the clinic.
 
"What are you doing?!! Why did you bring his mom here?!"
 
Luhani shrugs his hands harshly, "Obviously to help Sehun and his parents to resolve their conflict! The thing that you should have done long time ago as a part of his family too!"
 
"You don't know what you're doing! You just made everything complicated! You don't know anything about Sehun's life so stop clinging like a leech to him!"
 
A slap lands on Baekhyun's face. Luhani's tears streaming down on her face.
 
"You're too much Byun Baekhyun!"
 
Baekhyun stays rooted on his spot as he watch Luhani storm away.
 
------
Sehun's mother cups his face, "You've grown a lot! I didn't realize you were no longer a little boy."
 
"I'm a completely grown up man now,mom."
 
"Sehun, you're father- -Since the last time we saw you,after you left- -he got ill. He looked for you until Luhani told us your whereabouts. He wanted to come to see you but he's so sick."
 
"Mom, I'll go home with you to see dad Ok? Don't worry."
 
"Thank you so much son.Thank you."
 
"We- - we can go today.."
 
Sehun wants to see his father but aside from that he can't let his mother find out Jongin is on the same place with him. So close with him.
 
"Sehun, I already know. That boy,Kim Jongin, I know he's here with you."
 
Sehun is taken aback but chooses to purse his lips.
 
"My God I don't understand what kind of fate is this. Why you- - you two keep on meeting each other in the wrong time. Just like ten years ago."
 
"Mom,it's ok. Everyone moved on. He did and I'm starting too."
 
"I'm sorry son. This- - this was all our- - "
 
"Mom,stop Ok? It's over now." Sehun grasp his mother's hands, "And I'm Okay."
 
-----
"Kim Jongin?"
 
Luhani mutters as she slowly steps out of the door after he accidentally heard their conversation.
 
"Who's Kim Jongin?"
 
-----
When Sehun brought his mother on the big house,all of them except for Suho,Kai, and Luhani tries their best to pretend and stay calm while they all sit around the table. His mother kept her eyes away from Kai to avoid raising any suspicion.
 
"Uhm- - -so auntie,I don't know if you still remember but I'm one of the three nerds Sehun was stuck with since preschool."
 
"I remember you,Baekhyun, and the Chinese kid,"
 
"Yixing." Baekhyun inserts.
 
"Right Yixing. You four where inseparable."
 
"That's because we were the infamous four nerds since like forever? You guys just don't know how happy I am after science discovered its greatest invention for nerds like me. Uggghhh! I don't wanna remember the hardship I've been through because of being a four-eyed boy."
 
"I don't know about you Jongdae but I found it cool. It makes me look smart." Baekhyun disproves.
 
"Except you're not. Sehun was the real genius between us four."
 
"Wow. How I wish I could have meet you guys during my childhood."
 
They all look stunned at Kai who is naively smiling at them. The four awkwardly exchanges glances.
 
"You wouldn't trust me," Baekhyun tries to break the ice, "Being stuck with four 'losers' in the eyes of the 'cool kids'"
 
Jongdae forces a laugh. Sehun tugs his lips upward. Suho and Kai laughs along with Jongdae. While Luhani's mind caught on different thoughts rumbling inside her,the mysterious Kim Jongin and the annoying Byun Baekhyun who act as if he didn't insult her moments ago.
 
------
Luhani offers the house her and Kyungsoon are staying for Sehun's mom. The older woman agrees to stay with the girls instead of the guys in the big house. Sehun drive them out of the village. And when he comes back,Kai was waiting for him outdoor.
 
"Hey." Sehun calls as he sits across Kai.
 
"So, everything's Ok now between you and your parents?" Kai instantly asks.
 
"Yeah. I thought I could never forgive them but- - I was wrong. After all this was what I ever dream of as a kid,to be loved by them."
 
"You're leaving tomorrow with your mom?"
 
"Yeah. My father's sick. I'm scared you know. All my life, whenever I thought about my father, I tremble. I honestly don't know what to say to him. I already have forgiven him. But I'm still scared like a little kid."
 
"Oh Sehun."
 
"huh?"
 
Sehun furrows his brows when Kai looks at him for few moments.
 
"You really are a great person."
 
Sehun smiles and they both gaze at the stars above the brilliant sky in a comfortable silence.