Happiness Doesn't Last Forever

You can forget me but I'll make you fall in love again.
Sometimes Sehun felt like giving up especially when his eyes kept on getting irritated from weariness,vision's blurry despite his thick glasses. But he never showed Jongin a hint of giving up. Not when the older grabbed his hand and swin their bodies in circle. He felt tipsy when Jongin stopped.
 
"Are you Okay?" the older asked grinning widely.
 
"You're asking after you almost throw my head off. Why are you so happy?"
 
"I got a job finally! I'm just praying they won't mess it up again."
 
"Y-yeah." Sehun felt guilty.
 
"And I have something to tell you."
 
He don't like it everytime Jongin pull up a serious face.
 
"What is it?" he asked nervously.
 
"My dad will be discharge at the hospital the day after tomorrow." Jongin stared earnestly.
 
"Ow,I - -can move out."
 
"Shut up! I didn't tell you this to make you leave. I just don't want you to feel awkward or weird or whatever!"
 
"But- - -What if your father doesn't understand? And- -"
 
"He will. And no matter what I will never leave you Ok?"
 
Sehun smiled anyway but deep inside him he was too scared. To finally encounter the man who killed his brother. The man he resent for so long. But for Jongin, he would swallow all the hatred in his heart.
 
"Should I come with you at the hospital or wait at home?"
 
"Just wait at home like an obedient wife." Jongin ruffled Sehun's hair.
 
"Wanna die?!" his kicked Jongin's shin.
 
"Just kidding! Dad will love you like his own son. You're a great person Oh Sehun despite your four eyes." he put an arm around the younger.
 
"Can't you say something nice without putting a crap at the end?"
 
"Can't! take it or take it."
 
"It's a waste of time talking to you."
 
---------
Sehun was fidgeting while waiting for Jongin and his father at home. He felt like his body was set on fire. Cleaning the whole house,checking the food on the table, and glancing his reflection on the mirror every after five minutes didn't help to divert his nervousness at all.
 
His breathing clogged when the gate creaks open. Knees wobbling as he stepped closer to the door. Jongin walked in and beamed towards Sehun who's face was colorless. Then a man same height as Jongin with a frail feature came behind. Sehun prayed to disappear completely at the moment but felt Jongin's grip on his arm.
 
"Appa,this is Sehun."
 
He wanted to hide behind Jongin when his father looked at him straight in the eyes.
 
"Welcome to our family Sehun."
 
He blinked as those words traveled in his ears like electricity and gape at the warm smile from the man's face.
 
"Thank you. W-welcome home." He murmured in hushed voice.
 
----
A hand gripped on his under the table. Sehun tilted his gaze to Jongin sitting beside him and giving him an assuring smile.
 
"How's your work Sehun?" Jongin's father asked.
 
"He messes up a lot. If not because of me,ahjumma would have fired him a long time ago."
 
Sehun wanted to smack Jongin for putting him more in an awkward state. Probably his father thought he's useless and bothersome.
 
"But he's a genius dad. Not because he wears this thick glasses but he really is. He could have graduated as our class valedictorian."
 
"That's great. Don't worry when I'm completely well, I'll find a job so you two can stop working and go back to school."
 
"Yah! did you hear that?!" Jongin shook his shoulders, "We can go back to school again!"
 
Sehun really would feel good about the idea if not for the stupid Jongin swinging him a bit harsh.
 
"So just hold on a little bit more boys,Ok?"
 
He didn't understand why his lips curved and let out a genuine smile towards the man he once hated.
 
----
Jongin came out of his room where his father bedded down. While Sehun was sitting on the mattress.
 
"Is he sleeping now?"
 
"Yeah. Sorry we have to stay here outside."
 
"Could you stop apologizing for nonsense stuff."
 
Jongin sat beside him, "You look like you're about to pass out when you saw my father."
 
"I was just too nervous. But he's a wonderful person. I wish you can atleast have a drop of your father's kindness."
 
Jongin elbowed his side.
 
"I'm happy." He rested his head on the older's shoulder.
 
"Me too,Oh Sehun."
 
-----
Days passed and Sehun slowly felt less awkward around Jongin's father. Sometimes when the older still not home,he would converse with the old man about his job and they would talk about Jongin. He wondered if his parents made a mistake punishing such a good man and himself for hating him.
 
Sehun felt so welcomed and complete for the first time. A free,comfortable, and happy life with Jongin.
 
But behind every beautiful thing, there's some kind of pain.(B.Dylan)
 
------
 
Everything was moving perfectly for them. But they have forgotten the small world they live in. That there is no secret time can't reveal. To not underestimate how fate plays.
 
"Sehun."
 
Sehun was done changing back to his regular clothes from his work uniform and was about to leave when the ahjumma owner of the restaurant called him. Bewilderment all over her face.
 
"Someone's looking for you outside."
 
Sehun nod his head grabbing his bag thinking it was Jongin looking for him. They planned to buy their groceries together. When he walked out of the wash room, he froze on the spot. It was not Jongin waiting for him but his father.
 
Sehun felt his whole body tremble in fear at the sight of his father infront of him. He saw the rage in his father's eyes. He didn't flinch when his father's footstep came nearer and a strong hand hit his face.
 
"You're crazy!" his father's voice exploded in the empty area. "I know what have been up to!"
 
His father grabbed his collar and drag him closer, "Give me one reason why I shouldn't kill you myself!"
 
His eyes grew bigger,lips smeared with blood.
 
"Tell me why?! Why are you living with the man who killed your own brother!"
 
His tongue completely dysfunctional.
 
"SPEAK!"
 
"Dad- -," he mirrored his death in his father's eyes. He slowly loosen his father's grip on his collar and dropped on his knees infront of him. Tears running down.
 
"Dad please- - -I'm begging you- - -leave us alone. I'm begging you."
 
"You shameless good for nothing!"
 
It was a fist that landed on his face. He spat out a lump of blood. Stumbled to get back on his feet and wiped the red stain on the corner of his mouth.
 
"If you dare touch them, God forgive me for what I could do to you father."
 
He forcefully drag his feet and storm out of the place as fast as he could. He heard his father howled his name that echoed on the street.
 
"OH SEHUN!"
 
Jongin swiftly leaned on the wall when he saw the man run after Sehun outside the door and screamed his name. Sehun run past him but he was in utter shock and just watched him go. He slumped on the cold ground still couldn't perceive what he witnessed.
 
-----
Sehun couldn't remember how long did he stay outside the gate waiting for Jongin. He concealed the bloodstain on his white coat. Drying his wet eyes and tried not to shed a tear. He didn't want Jongin to know what happened between him and his father. But he don't know what to do now that his parents found out everything. And soon Jongin and his father would know too.
 
"Sehun."
 
He was totally immersed in his thought he didn't noticed Jongin standing infront of him.
 
"Jongin-ah."
 
He braced himself on the wall as he tried to stood up.
 
"What are you doing outside again?"
 
"I was waiting for you." He looked down running his fingers on his mussy hair.
 
"Sehun. I saw you at the restaurant."
 
His heart pounded crazily against his chest.
 
"That man- - -he's your father right?"
 
He nodded his head.
 
"I have something to tell you Sehun- - -and please let me finished first before you react." Jongin's voice trembled.
 
"Sehun,that man,you're father. He- - he is the person who imprisoned my father."
 
Sehun's tears rolled down one after another. Jongin still didn't know he knew everything ahead. That he lied. He couldn't open his mouth. He was afraid he might say something that could make Jongin hate him. They didn't speak for a long moment.
 
"You knew?" a mix of confusion and anger in Jongin's voice.
 
"Yes."
 
"How long?"
 
Sehun gulped the lump of pain shattering his throat.
 
"HOW LONG!"
 
He jolted in surprise.
 
"Since- - -the first day- - -I runaway from my p-parents."
 
His back pressed down on the wall as Jongin grabbed his collar. His eyes raging in anger.
 
"Why didn't you tell me? WHY?!"
 
Jongin tighten his grip on Sehun.
 
"I got scared Jongin. That you will hate me as much as you hate my family. I'm sorry Jongin."
 
"You think I'm stupid?! That you can fool me forever!"
 
"NO! You know that's not true Jongin. I hated your father too since I found out how my brother died. If he didn't hit my brother he wouldn't have to die, my parents would have never ignored my existence,maybe I could have lived a normal life. Do you think it was easy for me to accept when I found out? To hear you curse my family? to live with your father? I got furious too Jongin. But I threw everything away,all the pain and anger  because of you. For you Jongin."
 
Jongin's grip loosen and his eyes slowly soften.He stepped just beside Sehun and leaned on the wall too. They stayed silent. Both calming each other's self.
 
"I'm scared Oh Sehun."
 
"Me too."
 
"Now it's not only between our parents. But the two of us against them."
 
Sehun clasped Jongin's hand tightly. He could feel the other's hand shaking.
 
"I know."
 
"But promise me you won't give up Oh Sehun,no matter what."
 
Jongin intertwined their fingers.
 
"We won't give up Kim Jongin, I promise."
 
They looked at each other with tenderness like nothing could come in between them.
 
 
~SeKai don't give up,huhu..>;