One Last Time

You can forget me but I'll make you fall in love again.

 

Sehun,little by little,starts to put the broken pieces of his life together again after ending everything between him and Jongin. He  went back to Suwon where the children needs his presence instead of staying with the one who doesn't want him. He hated Jongin and replaced all the love he had for him with wrath and hatred. He regretted wasting almost half of his life for Jongin. He could have met someone who deserves him better. 
 
But in the end of the day,before he closed his eyes to sleep,the pain kept coming back like an incurable disease. And terribly missing Jongin more.
 
When Jongin suddenly appeared and admitting he knows he's Kim Jongin, Sehun wants to explode in happiness but felt terribly afraid of the consequence he have to face if he loves him again. Because everytime they try to take a stand for their love,the more tragic their life becomes. And he's too tired of it.
 
So he endures the pang in his chest as he looks straight into Jongin's eyes telling him to get out of his life. He swear that's not what he wants to happen.
 
---
Sehun forces himself out of the bed the next morning despite the stinging of his eyes and throat.  A side of him is praying that Jongin stayed but another part is convincing him that life would be easier without him. 
 
Despite his inner conflict, that small part of him taking Jongin's side succeeds and now he's walking towards the older's room,pushes the door open  but he's meet by silence. He resist shedding a tear as he goes down the stair.
 
'He really left.'
 
His body falls on the couch closing his eyes and massaging the bridge of his nose. All of a sudden he is being encage by someone's arms behind him. And before he can resist, he is forced to tilt his head sideways and,now,that filthy someone is intruding his agape mouth. His eyes wide open and peering dumbfounded at Jongin's closed eyes only millimeters away.
 
"Goodmorning baby." Jongin gently closed his parted lips and peck a kiss on it again.
 
A river of cold water splashed him off to his hypnotized state and bolts on his seat,a bit too late.
 
"What are you doing here! I thought I told you to leave!" he converts the madly pounding of his chest to anger because he feels like collapsing if he didn't do so.
 
Jongin scoffs, "I have nowhere to go Sehun-ah, I runaway from the hospital. And I bet my parents are hunting me down now."
 
"You're not a child anymore,find a job to feed and shelter yourself. When I come back home tonight,I'm expecting you to be gone already or else I'll call the police."
 
"Can you really do that to me Oh Sehun? throw me in jail?" Jongin pretends to look hurt.
 
"Why not? it's nothing compared to the misery I've been through."
 
"Ow so you're taking revenge on me? What do you want me to do for you to forgive me Oh Sehun?"
 
"Stay out of my life and maybe I'll consider forgiving you."
 
His heart pinches as sadness glints in Jongin's eyes.
 
"You're lying."
 
"I beg your pardon?"
 
"I know your heart feels the opposite thing to what your big mouth is saying."
 
He chuckles, "This is your last chance, I swear if you don't leave you'll regret it mister." Sehun dash past Jongin and run upstairs.
 
The other is left sighing in frustration again.
 
Sehun didn't bother looking around the house when he steps out of the door,dressed in his work attire and quickly driving his car away.He glances at the rear-view mirror and saw Jongin standing outside the gate.
 
His heart is throbbing too much. He wants to embrace Jongin firmly and call him by his name over and over but he's too scared. He think that he no longer has the strength to fight for their love against everyone and fate.
 
----
 
Luhani is abruptly awaken by a tight grip on her hand. She rubs her eyes and jerks up when Kyungsoon's half-lidded eyes meets her.
 
"Kyungsoon! Oh my god!" she cautiously hold Kyungsoon's hand back and touch her face still covered in bandage.
 
"You're awake! Oh my God!!" 
 
She embraces the younger carefully and is about to reach the intercom when Kyungsoon tugs her hand.The younger struggles to open .
 
"It's ok! it's ok..Don't force yourself to speak yet.."
 
'Unni.' Kyungsoon mouths mutely.
 
Luhani scoots closer to Kyungsoon and wipes the tear that fell from the younger's eyes.
 
'Kai.' she mouths again.
 
"Kai's fine,that's why you need to get well too. Just rest okay?"
 
'Unni,I'm sorry.'
 
"No Kyungsoon,we understand. Kai doesn't hate you. We love you Kyungsoon-ah."
 
'Tell Kai I'm sorry. I forgive him.'
 
"You have to tell him yourself Kyungsoon-ah,that's why you need to rest. I'll call the doctor first okay?"
 
'Unni, thank you.'
 
Luhani pecks on her sister's pale lips, "I love you so much my dongsaeng."
 
Kyungsoon smiles and slowly closes her eyes. The next thing Luhani hears is the long beeping sound of the machine beside the bed.
 
"NO! Kyungsoon! NOOOOOO!"
 
-----
 
Jongin snaps out of his reverie when he hears a car stopping infront of the gate. He rushes outside. Sehun was taken aback to see him coming out of the gate.
 
"God! Please! Which part of 'Leave Me alone' you can't understand?!"
 
"Sehun, I won't back off no matter how you push me away. You waited for ten years and I can wait even longer than that."
 
"Don't bother,you'll just waste your time like I did."
 
Jongin grabs Sehun's arm as the latter hasten his pace towards the gate.
 
"I'll wait until you come back to me again." Jongin forcefully unclenches Sehun's hand and put the ring on his palm.
 
Sehun grabs his hand back and without any words sprint inside the house. Jongin didn't follow and decides to stay outside until Sehun accepts him again. He will wait no matter how long.
 
Three hours passed,the night become deeper, and the wind gets colder penetrating from his thin clothes to his inner skin. But he endures it,he can endure any sort of pain if it's the only for Sehun to forgive him.
 
His whole body seems like burning and freezing at the same time after staying outside exposed to the frigidness for the whole night till the next day. But he didn't retreat.
 
The gate creaks open and Sehun comes out dressed fully. He glances at him for awhile in surprise but left eventually without any word. Jongin tells himself it's Okay. He comforts himself believing that anytime soon Sehun's anger will subside.
 
Jongin didn't budge even when his stomach grunts from emptiness and legs giving up from numbness. By the time Sehun comes back at night,he still ignored him and even shut the gate with a thud behind him.
 
He tells himself constantly that it's okay. But hot tears starts to swell in the corner of his eyes rolling down against his ice-cold face.
 
----
Sehun rubs his shaking hands together as he walks back and forth in his room. He prays that the Jongin will just leave before he freeze himself to death. But heaven isn't on his side and seems like it wanted to torture him more when tiny droplets fell from the sky until it pours down heavily after awhile. He quickly peeks outside behind the curtains and he spots a silhouette crouching behind the metal bars soaking under the rain.
 
Sehun can't stop himself from fidgeting anymore and run outside the house slamming the steel gate wide open. Jongin is terribly shivering on the wet ground and he abruptly kneel down next to him.
 
"Stupid! I told you to leave!" he smack Jongin's arm.
 
"Sehun- - -I'm cold." Jongin replies lips trembling.
 
Sehun clutch his left arm and whirl it around his neck. He pulls up their weigh together and drags the older out of the heavy rain.
 
He slumps him on the couch inside his room. Takes off his dripping clothes and wraps him in thick blanket. After fully drying Jongin and himself, he sits next to the older. He watches as Jongin breaths loudly and scrunching his face in discomfort. Sehun cups his face and leans forward to brush his lips on Jongin's cheek.
 
"I told you to leave." he rest his head against Jongin's chest, "why won't you listen to me! We have to stop putting ourselves in misery. We have to stop risking our lives for this cursed love,"
 
"Sehun." Jongin calls in his sleep.
 
Sehun detach himself from Jongin, "I'm here Jongin." he intertwine his fingers to Jongin's.
 
"I love you so much but I'm sorry I can't be with you anymore Jongin. I don't wanna get hurt anymore. I'm sorry."
 
He presses his lips to Jongin's pale lips, "I love you Jongin," and places another kiss.
 
A hand whirl around his neck pressing him deeper to the one beneath him. He didn't resist when Jongin makes his way inside his mouth. They kissed each other for what it seems like forever and only breaks off for a second to breath before catching each other's lips again and again.
 
---
Sehun stayed wide awake indulging himself at the sight of Jongin peacefully sleeping beside him. He untangles his hand to Jongin's grip and suppress the soreness of his body. He tosses the blanket covering his body and wraps it to Jongin. He picks up every piece of his clothes mixed with Jongin's clothes lying on the floor. He glances at the other once more before finding his way back to his room.
 
He drowns himself from the cold shower hoping to freeze his heart. And so he can completely drive Jongin away from his life without being swayed by his emotion and desire to be with him.
 
---
Sehun is waiting for Jongin to barge inside his room anytime and he sighs deeply when his door burst wide open.
 
"Sehun!"
 
He slightly glance over his shoulder to look at Jongin shortly and turns his eyes back to the window.
 
"What?"
 
"What do you mean what? don't tell me you're back to acting like a cold prince!" Jongin hisses standing infront of him now.
 
"I'm not acting. And move away you're blocking my view."
 
Jongin hold his chin and raise his head up to meet his eyes. Jongin bend down,their face only an inch away.
 
"You still love me right? Don't even try to deny it."
 
"Does it still matter?"
 
Jongin didn't answer. They lock their gaze for a long time.
 
"It's not about love anymore. Because no matter how great our love for each other is,we can't still change the fact that we're not meant for each other."
 
"Stop making it hard for both of us Sehun. I am here with you know,infront of you. Can't you see everytime they pull us apart,we still end up with each other."
 
"And the more our life become painful and tragic,why can't you see that too?"
 
"Sehun please don't do this,I don't know what will I become without you."
 
"You'll be fine. You lived for ten years without me. Please I don't wanna get thru another sorrow. It hurts too much. It's painful being with you and living without you. Either way it will always be painful."
 
"Then why don't you just choose to be with me? You're not making any sense Oh Sehun."
 
"I tried more than once to be with you but it only make things worst. I'm begging you Jongin,let's stop this. If you really love me then let me go."
 
They end up both crying with hands covering their drenched faces and chest heaving up and down for lack of air.
 
"Leave now." Sehun last words to him before turning his back and walking out of the room. 
 
'Don't leave! don't leave! don't leave! We can still make it through together! Please don't leave me again Jongin!' his mind screams as he muffles his cries behind the shut door.
 
----
Jongin walk downstairs with his bag on his shoulder. He found Sehun standing,his back facing him, infront of the window. He steps in closer to him.
 
"Sehun," his voice cracks and bit his lip to cease the tears from rolling down again. 
 
Sehun remains silent and shut his eyes hard as he heard Jongin calling his name behind.
 
"Sehun, I'm - - -going now.  I don't wanna hurt you anymore so I'm giving you up. Let's- - -meet each other again in our next life. But don't worry I'll make sure my reckless father won't drive a truck ever. Or maybe I can be a girl, or I'll have superpower and take you away outside this planet so no one can break us down again. Just give me another chance,maybe not in this lifetime but in the next one. Because I would always choose only you. Don't dare forget how much- - -how much I love you,Goodbye Oh Sehun."
 
Sehun feels like dying hearing Jongin saying goodbye. He bit his lip harshly to hold his hitching voice form escaping. His face totally soak in tears despite his shut eyes.
 
Jongin waits for few second for a miracle that Sehun would stop him. But he stays stoned on his position. He let out a bitter smile before deciding to turn his back to Sehun. 
His hand trembles extremely as he tries to reach the door knob. When he couldn't grasp the courage to step out of door and to Sehun's life, he march back to where Sehun's standing and crash his body to the younger,embracing him from behind. His arms wrap tightly around Sehun.
 
"Sehun, I can't do it! Please give me a second chance. Let's try working this out once more. I promise if - - -if something comes in our way again- - -,"  he pauses to catch his breath, "I promise I won't hold you back anymore. Just one last chance Sehun! I'm begging you!"
 
Sehun can't hold on and control himself too any further .He burst out in tears and turn to embrace Jongin back. 
 
"One last time,Jongin. Let's be together again once more. Just this once."
 
They hold each other securely like nothing can come between them ever again.
 
"I love you Kim Jongin."
 
"I love you more Oh Sehun."