Crisis Within

You can forget me but I'll make you fall in love again.
Walking out in the airport where the person you love the most waiting for you after days of separation could have been perfect for Sehun only if that person,Kim Jongin, feels the same way. He waves and smiles as he approaches him.
 
"How did it go?" Kai asks pulling him to quick buddy hug.
 
"Great." He pat the other's back in return.
 
"Great? Yeah you walk out there like a Hollywood star in red carpet."
 
Sehun chuckles,"And you stand here like a chauffeur waiting for the prince."
 
Kai glares making Sehun laugh.
 
"Cmon,the hyungs are waiting at home for the maknae." Kai ruffles his hair.
 
It is a perfect moment for Sehun only if...
 
------
When they arrive at the big house,the three older gratefully welcomes him back.
 
"Why's Luhani not with you by the way?" Suho asks.
 
"I don't know. We were supposed to be back here together but she said something important came up and couldn't make it today. Maybe tomorrow she'll be back."
 
"I wonder what she's up to again." Baekhyun whispers.
 
"Well,I'm surprised. I didn't know I'll be missed this much." Sehun tease.
 
"We're just happy everything's ok between you and  your parents." Jongdae wrap an arm around Sehun.
 
"Thanks hyung but that serious face doesn't ever suit you."
 
"I'm not really happy for you!" Jongdae shoves him away.
 
"That's better. The real Kim Jongdae." 
 
Sehun's laughter stops when he sees Kai looking at him. The three older walking ahead of them inside the house.
 
"why?"
 
"Nothing. Just happy to see you laugh that way for the first time. I mean laugh in pure happiness. Not forced or faked. And you look better that way."
 
Sehun felt his face burning. Kai reach out his hand to pinch Sehun's cheek but to some unknown reason,out of sanity, his thumb stayed caressing the younger's left cheek gently. Sehun momentarily freezes.
 
"what are you two doing?"
 
They both jolt in surprise like a bucket of cold water splashed unto them. Kai clears his throat embarrassed from what he did.
 
"Uhm hyung I'll just unpack my stuff and head down to the clinic later." Sehun alibied to quickly flee from them to hide his flaming face. He didn't wait for them to respond and drag his bag upstairs.
 
"Kai I'm going back to the site,are you coming with me?" Suho asks snapping the younger from his trance.
 
"S-sure."
 
"I'll tag along too. I'll just get my bag." Baekhyun says.
 
"Then I'll be left alone here again by myself."
 
"Do something worthy out of yourself Jongdae please!"
 
"Hey! My face alone brings ultimate happiness to this world!"
 
"Let's go." Suho gestured Kai ignoring Jongdae.
 
"Sehun-ah we're leaving!" Baekhyun shouted once again ignoring Jongdae.
 
"I hate you all!"
 
-----
Sehun was left alone at the clinic after Suho asks Baekhyun to run some medical tests on the group of villagers they hired for the construction.He's gathering his stuff when his phone rings. He hold back to answer the call when Jongin's number appeared on the screen. Heartbeat racing.
 
"h-hello?"
 
"hey are you still in the clinic?"
 
"Yeah. I'm about to leave."
 
"Wait there. I'm on my way,Ok?"
 
"O-okay."
 
Kai hang up but the phone is still attached on his ear. His heart didn't stop pounding wildly while waiting for the other to arrive. Then he hears a car outside the clinic,grabs his bag and walk out. Kai smiles at him through the opened window and flops the door in the front seat for him.
 
"Thanks." He murmurs while shutting the door.
 
"The hyungs will be home late so Baekhyun hyung told me to fetch you."
 
"I'm not a grade schooler I can go home myself."
 
"Well, aren't you a little bit spoiled by the hyungs? I'm jealous."
 
Sehun chuckles,"Let's drop by at the store,I'll cook dinner tonight."
 
Kai's eyes sparkle, "Awesome!"
 
-----
Sehun is on the sink cleaning the chicken while Kai sitting infront of the table reading the procedures.
 
"Have you cooked for him before?" Kai says taking his eyes from the ipad to Sehun.
 
"Who?"Sehun asks looking over his shoulders.
 
"Kim Jongin?"
 
Sehun pauses for awhile, "Nope. But I always gave him my lunch box at school or buy him muffins,sandwich. He would get furious about it but when I'm not looking, he would eat it anyway." he scoffs as the memories flash in his mind.
 
"He's a stingy guy."
 
Sehun turns back placing the washed chicken parts on the table, "He is not."
 
"What's the best thing he gave or did to you?" Kai prop his chin on his hand resting on the table.
 
"Why do you wanna know?" 
 
"Just tell me please? I'm curious!"
 
Sehun sighs, "A lot. He laid some rules for me to be his friend. To not expect him  to save me if I get in trouble. But when I was trapped in a room by some bullies,he came to save me. When I runaway from my parents,he took care of me. When we argue,he would be the first to say sorry. When he found out I lied for not telling him about our parents,he was so angry but at the end he made me promise not to give up. When our parents forcing us to separate, he turned his back on his parents and told me to escape with him. Away from all of them. Just the two of us. But---I left him."
 
"You're the stingy one." Kai blurts.
 
"You're taking his side now?"
 
"It's  obvious,he loved you so much."
 
"I guess I'm stingy then."
 
"What's he look like?"
 
Sehun gulps. How will he point out Jongin's features without Kai realizing it is him Sehun's portraying.
 
"We're just on same level.Though I believe,appearance wise, I'm a little bit ahead of him. Just a bit,maybe by one percent."
 
Sehun laughs because if It was Jongin infront of him,he will be fussing about being more good looking than Sehun. Kai throws more questions about Jongin where Sehun complies to answer. By the time the bland chicken soup is cook,they both sit across each other infornt of the table.
 
"Wow. It looks delicious!"
 
"Yeah! I didn't expect our little experiment will turn out this good. Let's eat!"
 
Their supposed moment alone is interrupted by the ringing of Kai's phone. He excuses himself to answer the call. 
 
"Sehun.."
 
"Yeah?" Sehun sees Kai faltering.
 
"It's Kyungsoon. She's waiting for me now."
 
"Oh," he pauses from scooping soup to Jongin's bowl, "then you should go. The hyungs will be back soon I guess. I'll be fine."
 
"She prepared dinner,come with me instead."
 
"NO!" 
 
He calms himself down. "It's Ok. You should go."
 
"Are- -you s-sure?"
 
He nods his head and forced a fake smile.
 
Kai hesitates to move for a moment.
 
"Go. I'll see you tomorrow."
 
"O-kay. Goodnight."
 
"Goodnight."
 
Sehun grips tightly on the wood chopstick in his hand snapping it in half when Kai walked out of the door.
 
"Don't Sehun! Don't do this." He yells to himself. But his body suddenly storms out the kitchen despite his brain protesting. He sees Kai about to shut the door.
 
"Stop!"
 
Kai snaps and sees Sehun walking near him. He steps out of the car.
 
"What's wrong Sehun?"
 
"Stay," he shuts his eyes. He thinks he's gone mad now. But his body just keeps on going against what his brain dictating him, "Please stay tonight. Don't leave."
 
He covers his right palm on his face when he didn't hear Kai respond.
 
"I'm sorry. I'm just- - -I think I've gone- - -Just go- -I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" he stammers still hiding his extremely embarrassed face.
 
"It's Ok. I'll stay."
 
Sehun stiffens and stared at Kai.
 
"Kyungsoon will understand," he smiles and grabs Sehun's arm," Let's get back inside."
 
Various emotions rumbled inside him. When Sehun's standing infront of him stopping him to leave. He controls himself from pulling the other to an embrace. When he hears him saying 'Don't leave', something he couldn't exactly identify strikes him. It's too eerie he didn't care anymore and followed what his mind told him to do. To stay with Sehun.
 
They sit across each other again and silently slurp the soup infront of them. Sehun regrets what he have done. He feels too embarrass. He feels bad toward Kyungsoon.
 
"Are you Ok?" Kai asks to break the silence.
 
Sehun jolts and quickly divert his eyes, "Y-yeah."
 
"Is something bothering you? You know you can tell me."
 
"I don't w-want to be a bad person but- - -"
 
Kai waits for Sehun to gather his strength to speak what's in his mind.
 
"Remember when you told me- - -that w-what if one day his memory returns and blames me for doing nothing. But- - if I interfere in his life now- - -a lot of people will get hurt. I don't want to be a bad person. I want him back  but- - -will I be happy if I know that someone will get hurt in the process?"
 
Sehun pressed his fingers against his eyes to stop the tears from dripping.
 
"You're not the bad person here Oh Sehun. The people around you,the situation and time ,that's what making all of this complicated. If there's one person that they all should feel bad for is you. You suffered a lot from the beginning. You deserve the happiness that's meant for you. To be with him."
 
"I'm scared." Sehun let his tears flow infront of Kai.
 
"Whatever happens, I'll be here for you Oh Sehun."
 
And that's all Sehun needs to hear. That Jongin will always be there for him. Just like before.  He knows it's wrong but he doesn't care anymore. Jongin will be there beside him to fight for him,and get him back.
 
-----
Luhani didn't inform Sehun or the others her return. Now that she found out everything about Sehun and Kai or Kim Jongin,she's caught on a dilemma she never imagine will ever happen. But she can't hurt the person she loves the most,or not?
 
Sehun was surprised to see Luhani standing infront of his office door.
 
"Noona! you're back!"
 
Luhani force a smile and walks inside the office. Her eyes lands on the ring in Sehun's finger.
 
"Why didn't you tell us you'll coming back?"
 
"I just got here an hour ago. How did it go between you and your parents?"
 
"Great. I never thought this day will come,it's all I've been hoping for since I was a kid. And all thanks to you Noona. I owe you everything."
 
"Then can you pay me back?"
 
"Huh?" Sehun is not sure if it's anger or sadness that glisten in Luhani's eyes.
 
"Then you're satisfied now with your life right? Is there something more you wanted to have to make you complete?"
 
"Noona,is something wrong?"
 
They stared at each other. Luhani feels guilty. She doesn't want to hate Sehun but she can't help it either.
 
"I'm just- - kidding Sehun. Can you drive me back to our place? I'm tired and babbling nonsense."
 
"S-sure."
 
Sehun constantly keeps his eyes to Luhani who haven't said a word since they got inside the car. When they arrive,he took Luhani's bag and both walk inside the house. Kyungsoon opens the door and is surprise to see Luhani.
 
"Unni! when did you arrive?"
 
"An hour ago," she steps inside to embrace her sister, "Sehun thanks for driving me here."
 
"No problem Noona."
 
"Sehun are you ok now?" Kyungsoon asks.
 
Sehun jolts in surprise.
 
"Why what happened to you?" Luhani asks.
 
"Kai couldn't make it here for dinner last night and told me that you needed him. I was wondering if you're ok now?"
 
Sehun feels dizzy after seeing Luhani's eyes get narrow and face stiffen. He doesn't know why the sudden change at the older girl's expression but it sends shiver to his spine. 
 
"Kyungsoon,can you please leave us for awhile."
 
Kyungsoon shifts her eyes between Sehun and Luhani.
 
"O-okay."
 
When the younger girl left,Luhani looks at Sehun fiercely.
 
"Noona,what's wrong?"
 
"Sehun. I know everything. You and Kai,or should I say Kim Jongin."
 
Sehun's breathing stopped.
 
"I loved you Sehun but I will never forgive you if you hurt my sister. I don't know about your past but Kai is with Kyungsoon now. They're getting married. I don't wanna hate you Sehun so please stay away from Kai."
 
Sehun lowers his head. He feels the world around him crash into pieces.
 
 
~I love The Star,First Snow and My turn to cry.~
The best songs!
xoxo~_~