I Still Care

You can forget me but I'll make you fall in love again.

 

Sehun wakes up with a massive hang-over. He blindly find his way downstairs to the kitchen. Baekhyun,was already up cooking soup for the three wasted guys in the house.
 
"Hyunng.." Sehun called rubbing his forehead, "My heads going to burst!"
 
"You consumed more than 10 cans of beer,be thankful you're not in coma.. Here drink this!"A bowl of hot soup is shove infront of him.
 
"Kai- - I mean Jongin brought you home last night."
 
Sehun burn his tongue in surprise.
 
"What?! Why? why him? where were you?"
 
"I can't handle three half-dead jerks so I volunteered you to Jongin's care. And last night, I discovered something fascinating."
 
"What do you mean?"
 
"While Luhani was taking you for granted,swaying your body and smooching you,etc! Jongin had never taken off his eyes off you. You looked at each other like we're not existing!"
 
Sehun wrinkles his forehead trying to remember if such incident happened. Then pink stains slowly creep all over his face.
 
"You remember now?"
 
Sehun nod his head.
 
"He must have felt weird. How can I ever face him after that!" He slump his head on the wooden table in embarrassment.
 
"The question is,why did he stare at you with such intensity?"
 
"I don't know hyung, don't wanna keep my hopes high and left betrayed again."
 
The scene kept on coming back in Sehun's mind. He's curious too. But he didn't have the chance to try to verify the millions of question in his brain when Kai didn't show himself in the big house or to Sehun for another week.
 
 Suho was barely seen at the house too since the resort construction have started and occupied the two's entire time.
 
Sehun is thankful Luhani was there to help with the kids. He didn't mind Kyungsoon's presence too. The older girl's too nice and charming for Sehun to despise her completely.
 
It's Luhani's not so magnificient idea to set-up a tent beside the outdoor firplace on the house's frontyard. Sehun stretches his arms after establishing the tent. Luhani is already stuffing pillows and blankets inside the tent.
 
"uhm- -noona you're not planning to sleep here,do you?"
 
"duh sehunnie! Ofcourse we will sleep here."
 
"You know we have plenty of rooms inside the house,more comfortable than here."
 
"Ow..So you want us to sleep inside the rooms instead?" She wiggles her eyebrows and smirk playfully.
 
Sehun rolls his eyes, "Cmon noona stop playing Ok. And I still hold grudge for stealing a kiss from me twice!"
 
"Didn't you like it Sehun? I thought.."
 
"Noona. I thought I made myself clear the last time we talk about us? before I left Seoul. And you promised."
 
"I just said yes to you because you look depress that time. And I couldn't find anyone better than you."
 
Sehun hold the older girl's hand and pull them both to sit on the green lawn.
 
"Are you and Baekhyun hyung fighting again? I noticed you two aren't bickering with each other like you used to. Or even talk to each other."
 
Luhani shrugs, "Who cares.."
 
"I care. It's weird seeing you both ignoring each other."
 
"We were never in good terms anyway. He hates me and I hate him to! I really hate him for not calling and telling me where you two disappeared to."
 
"So,you hate him because he didn't say goodbye to you before we left?"
 
"Yes,No! Ahh! I said I don't care Sehun! Don't you dare play cupid between me and your stupid cousin!"
 
"Ok! sorry!" Sehun laughs at Luhani's fuming face.
 
"Seriously Sehun,why wouldn't you open your heart to anyone? I haven't seen you date since forever and my charm just won't affect you no matter how seduce you!"
 
Sehun shrugs, "I wish I could give you answers too noona."
 
"Sehun. This will be my last straw and if this still doesn't work then I'll let you go completely."
 
"Wha- - -"
 
Before Sehun could react, Luhani encased his mouth to hers. It lasts longer and Sehun just let her go on. Luhani breaks the kiss and looks at Sehun's eyes sincerely.
 
"So? Did you feel anything?" she asks.
 
Sehun take a deep breath before shaking his head. He hates to break her heart over and over again. He didn't miss the dullness in her eyes despite the forced smile on her face.
 
"Then..I'll give up on you Oh Sehun."
 
Sehun doesn't want to say he's sorry again and again because he know it won't make any change from the hurt Luhani must be feeling at the moment. He pulls the older girl closer and embrace her tightly.
 
"Thanks noona for everything."
 
"Kai.."
 
"What?"
 
Luhani let go from him. Sehun tilts his hide sideway and Kai was standing not so faraway from them with expressionless face.
 
"Kai,are you here to fetch kyungsoon? Jongdae already sent her home few hours ago.."
 
Kai just nodded his head before storming inside the house.
 
"Uh..What was that?" Luhani asks, "Did he just ignored me?!!"
 
Sehun remain rooted on the ground. Still trying to analyze why Jongin looked at them that way. 
 
'Did he see us kissing?! but why would he be affected?'
 
-----
When they enter the house,Jongin was walking downstairs carrying  a backpack. Their eyes met for a second till Kai glance away.
 
"Noona,do you want me to drive you home? I'm on my way back to the site. I can drop you home if you want."
 
"Oh No Kai,I'll stay a bit longer. Sehunnie can drive me back home later." Luhani slides an arm to Sehun's waist. 
 
The latter jolts in surprise and nervously looks at Jongin who shifts his eyes to Luhani's hand on his waist to his face. Their eyes lock until Jongin rolls his gaze away.
 
"Fine. Then I'll go ahead."
 
Kai left the door without glancing back at them.
 
"He looks like he wants to murder someone. That's why I don't want to be left alone with him. Such a weirdo!"
 
Luhani stays for another hour until she decided to go home. Sehun's on his way back to the village after driving Luhani home when his phone rings.
 
"Sehun-ah where are you?" Baekhyun's fidgeting voice echoed on the other line.
 
"I'm on my way back home. Why?"
 
"kai- - I mean Jongin got into an accident! Jongdae brought him to the clinic! Hurryyy!"
 
His heart drops. He steps on the accelerator making the truck fly along the empty road. 
 
Different images of injured Jongin,body covered in blood,broken bones,bed-ridden jongin flashes in his mind. His vision's blurry from the tears clouding his eyes.
 
He jumps out of the truck the moment he arrived infront of the clinic. Slamming the door with a heartbeat in rampage,panting chest.  An unharmed Jongin sitting on the table with a bandage in his hand looking at him in awe. 
 
"Are you Ok?!!!" Sehun asks skimming his eyes all over the other's body.
 
"Uhm- - -y-yeah.." Kai replies confused.
 
"Baekhyun hyung told me you- - you were in an accident!"
 
"Uh- -I tripped on the sloppy ground and break my wrist,if--if that counts as an accident then I guess yeah!"
 
"GOD!" Sehun exclaims leaning on the wall to support his jelly-like knees and run his fingers on his sweat-soaked hair.
 
"So you run here like crazy because you thought I'm dying or dead?..Wow I'm touched Oh Sehun." Kai laughs.
 
"It's not funny you idiot!"
 
Kai's laughter stopped.
 
"hey I'm Ok..I'm sorry"
 
They hold their position. And when Sehun regain his senses and calms down,he straighten his posture and dried his drench face.
 
"Are you still mad?Sorry Ok.."
 
He nod his head but still doesn't look at Kai.
 
"Can you help me with this one? I heard something snap when I landed on the ground."
 
Kai extends the bandage towards Sehun. The latter walks closer and grabs the bundle.
 
"Does it sting or ache?"
 
"Yeah."
 
"give me your hand."
 
Sehun still doesn't look at him. Kai hesitantly held his injured hand to the other. He twitch and yelp when Sehun pressed his wrist.
 
"Hold still,you twisted a muscle here. Don't scream like a girl please."
 
"You're pressing an about to be ripped off skin ,you think I could calm down?!"
 
"Shut up!"
 
Kai balled his fist on the edge of the table as Sehun treat his fractured wrist.
 
"You sure you know what you're doing?" Kai asks in hitched breaths.
 
Sehun let go of an annoyed huff instead of answering.
 
"You need to restrain your left hand from touching any heavy stuff until the wrist heals,Ok?" and finally he looks at the flushed Jongin.
 
"Shouldn't I be in a cast or something?"
 
Sehun laughs, "It's just your wrist not your whole arm. Even little Minseok who injured his ankle didn't request for a crutch and your fracture is nothing compare to that kid!"
 
"If I die I'll sue you Oh Sehun."
 
"Whatever. C'mon I'll drive you back to the site."
 
"No. I wanna go to the shore first."
 
----
They are sitting beside each other under the tree.
 
"I missed this." Kai whispers not taking his eyes off the stars above them.
 
Sehun hums in response.
 
"Why didn't you tell me you know Kyungsoon and Luhani noona? And you were in our engagement party?"
 
Sehun jolts but managed to not show his nervousness  to Jongin.
 
"I left the party before I could see your face so I didn't knew that you were Kyungsoon noona's fiance." he lied.
 
"Our parents knew about you and Luhani noona. I often heard from her that she already found someone to marry. I didn't know it was you too. How strange."
 
"Yeah there's like a million Oh Sehun and - - and you in this world." He couldn't articulate the name 'Kai' in his tongue.
 
"Not really. I haven't met someone named Oh Sehun before. And now I remember,you haven't call me by my name even once. it's always 'hey' 'you'..Why?"
 
Sehun was caught off guard. Not knowing how to make up an excuse. He just shrug his shoulders praying that Jongin will let it slip away.
 
"You don't love Luhani noona." 
 
It's not a question. And Kai's eyes fall on Sehun waiting for an answer.
 
"And you already know why."
 
"Then why did you still cling into Luhani noona if you don't love her? You know she was like a real sister to me."
 
Then it hits Sehun like a thunder. The reason why Jongin have been giving him a strange look whenever he's with Luhani is because Jongin knows about the 'someone' he loves. And Jongin was probably thinking he's taking advantage and using Luhani.
 
"That's why." he let go of an half-crazed laugh.
 
"Do you still love that someone who erased you in her memory?"
 
"Yeah. And I'm not using Luhani noona if that's what you're thinking. She knows from the start I don't love her. He was a great friend to me and that didn't change and will never change. I know I've hurt her too many times but..I can't love her the way she wants me to."
 
"Why?"
 
"You know why."
 
"I'm just wondering why wouldn't you give her a chance? She's smart,clever in a good way,and beautiful. She's perfect! Oh Sehun."
 
"Do you find me smart?"
 
"Yes."
 
"Good looking too?"
 
"Uh---why are you asking this?"
 
"Just answer my question and you'll know..Am I good looking to you?"
 
"Y-yes?.."
 
"You think I'm perfect?"
 
Sehun watch Jongin's eyes widen and his throat moves.
 
"Yes.." he whispers.
 
"Then you think it's possible for you to love me?"
 
Kai's jaw fell..
 
"Answer me..would you love someone like me?"
 
"NO!"
 
Sehun smirks and smiles to hide the clenching of his chest in pain.
 
"Why not?"
 
"Because--you'--re---you--you--me--uhm--we-re--"
 
"Both guys?"
 
"The hell Oh Sehun! what do you expect?! OFCOURSE!!!"
 
" I thought you'll say because you love Kyungsoon.."
 
"Uhm--yeah you're right!!! I love Kyungsoon..so there's no way I'll love you--ugghh--scratch that--no way I'll love anyone other than her.."
 
"Then we're the same.."
 
"Huh?..You--you love my Kyungsoon too!!!!"
 
"Idiot! No!! It's not because Luhani's lacking. Its just my heart.."
 
"Ow.."
 
Silence.
 
"You really love that- -that- -someone huh?"
 
"Beyond heaven and earth."
 
Kai smiles.
 
"I have something to tell you but- - -promise me you won't freak out or feel weird about it."
 
Kai nods his head. Then Sehun takes a deep breath. He might jeopardize everything after this. 
 
"That- -someone- - I was telling..Uhm- - -" He's breaking cold sweat.
 
"I know.. He's Jongin."
 
Sehun's eyes shut wide open,jaw fell, and heart freezes.
 
~Next chapters will be the end part of the story..yay!~ gonna end soon! Thanks much for all the support~
xoxo~_~