The Turn of Events (ii)

You can forget me but I'll make you fall in love again.
"Unni are you sure about what you're doing?" Kyungsoon asks Luhani when the older informed her about what she found out.
 
"Yes Kyungsoon. I want to know who Kim Jongin is. The way they speak about that person was- - -was weird. It feels like he is someone very- I don't know- -important to Sehun. And auntie said that person was with Sehun here? But it's weird because,there's only Jongdae and Baekhyun living with him in the village except for Suho and Kai."
 
"How are you going to find out about that person?"
 
"Auntie said something about what happened ten years ago. So that will be when Sehun was still in highschool. Maybe I could find something about that person back to Sehun's school."
 
"Just be cautious unni. It must be something about Sehun's life that you should not crossed beyond."
 
"I know. I just wanna help Sehun. I gave up on him already and all I want for him is to be happy. And strangely I have this feeling that Kim Jongin has something to do with it."
 
-----
"Hyung,I'll be back soon. Just give me a ring if something happens ok?"
 
"Sehun I can handle the clinic Ok. Don't worry and please tell uncle I'll come and visit him soon." Baekhyun assures him.
 
Kyungsoon and Jongdae is there too except Suho and Kai wasn't able to send them off to the airport.
 
"Unni call me when you get home Ok?"
 
"Yeah I will."
 
They exchange goodbyes before Sehun,his mom and Luhani checked in for their flight.
 
-----
Sehun can't explain the mix of emotion stirring inside him as they drive going to their house. The place he grew up and haven't seen for ten years. And where his father is waiting. Cold sweats start to drip all over his body as the enters the huge gate.
 
He embraces Mr. Kim who never left the family. The old man isn't as sinewy as he used to be. Sehun notices the gray hairs clouding at the top of the old butler's hair. He smiles as he roam his eyes around the house. And a weird feeling spurts out of him. The memories of his childhood that still lingers inside the house.
 
"Come on,your father's waiting for you."
 
His mother hold his hand as he drag him upstairs. He glances at Luhani who stayed behind and gives him a smile.
 
As the door creaks,his whole body trembles. His heart skips a beat at the sight of the once proud and dignified man lies on the bed. Muscles supple,face weary, and skin below it's eyes soggy and dull. His mother let go of his hand and give him a nod to move closer to the person he used to fear the most. He wipes the tears that drops one after the other.
 
"Father." He whispers. He gently sits on the gap beside his father's body and grasps his cold hand.
 
"Father,I'm home."
 
His father's eyes slowly opens and tears started to form on the corner after realizing it was Sehun calling him.
 
"Sehun." He breathed.
 
"Yes it's me dad. Your son." his voice breaks as tears continues to overflow and breath hitches.
 
"Son,forgive me." His father struggle to lift his hand to reach out. Sehun quickly clutch it close to his chest.
 
"I forgive you dad. So,please get well now."
 
Sehun slumps his body closer and cries on his father's chest.
 
----
Sehun spends three days with his parents. He manage to convince his father,who refuses before, to be hospitalized. He is glad that his old man was showing progress in his health. His mother cooks and feeds him his favorite food. He promises his parents to regularly visits them. They understand he is needed at the village.  Everything seems like a dream to Sehun. To love and be loved by his parents. 
 
----
Luhani takes a deep breath before finding her way to the school's administration office. It's the school where Sehun spend his highschool. The school's principal for long years since Sehun's time informs her of what lefts in his memory about Sehun ten years ago.
 
"He was one of our brilliant student. The class president and supposed to be the school's valedictorian only if he didn't suddenly left school before their graduation. His parents didn't give us any reason. How unfortunate. How is he anyway?"
 
"He is a doctor now."
 
"Oh! I'm glad such talent didn't go to waste."
 
Their conversation get cuts off after a young lady came in handing the old man a portfolio. Luhani's heartbeat beat loudly against her chest.
 
"Well, the person you're looking,Kim Jongin was indeed in Oh Sehun's class. I couldn't remember him though."
 
Luhani gasps for air when the old man handed the folder to her.
 
"Here's his files."
 
"Thank you."
 
She takes another deep breath before slowly opening the folder. Her world freezes when she sees the photo of the boy inside the files. It's in black and white. Different hairstyle. Thinner body. Younger look. But the same face. It is Kai. A younger Kai. Just how she remembered Kai's face the first time he saw the boy who save her father's life. Kim Jongin was Kai.
 
Luhani stays inside her car still in shock. She couldn't believe everything she found out. Millions of how's and why's burst inside her head. Then she remembers Sehun's sudden disappearance at Kai and Kyungsoon's engagement. The time he called her asking about Kai's whereabouts. The ring on Sehun's finger. And she remembers the ring found on Kai's stuff.
 
"No. Impossible." She utters in hushed tone shaking her head in disbelief.
 
"There's only one way to find out the truth." 
 
Luhani ignites the engine and speed off the car. She arrives at a small village inside the city. She take a few moments before she steps out of her car and walk closer to a particular house, Kai's father's house. She knock several times before the door fly open. A middle aged man smiles at her.
 
"Luhani?"
 
"How are you doing uncle?"
 
"What a surprise! I didn't expect your visit,come in!"
 
She waits until the old man is sitting across her infront of the table. She grips tighter on the cup of tea.
 
"So is there any problem? Is Kai ok?" The old man asks in worry.
 
"He's fine uncle,don't worry. I'm sorry if I come uninvited."
 
"You know you can came here anytime. But is there anything wrong?"
 
"Uncle. Please tell me the truth. I want to know the truth." she hits immediately.
 
"what truth?"
 
"Kai,his real name is Kim Jongin,right?"
 
She sees the shock in the old man's eyes and the trembling of his face.
 
"Uncle,I knew already. I came to the school he went to here in Seoul."
 
"Why? I thought we already talk about this. Kai doesn't need to know about his past anymore?"
 
"Why? I want to know why,please uncle."
 
"I can't Luhani. I'm sorry. It's better to bury everything in the past. It's better that way."
 
"Is it because of Oh Sehun?"
 
The old man's face turns pale. Luhani stares at him fiercely.
 
"H--how?How did you know- - that boy?"
 
"Sehun is my friend when I was in America. He was in Kai's engagement too. And in Busan where Kai lives, Sehun is in there too. In the same house."
 
"No." The old man utters in terror.
 
 
~million thanks for the subscribes,comments and views. Hope you post more comments to make this girl right here happy~_~ can you suggest what's the best ending for this? Ofcourse I have made one but i don't know,bend some rules?..haha
 
I'll post chaps tomorrow. By next week this fic is completed. Yay! And when is the full album be released? Dying of waiting!grrrrrrr SM..~