We'll Stand For A Thousand Years

You can forget me but I'll make you fall in love again.
 
Kim Jongin,age 38, married for ten years to the greatest love of his life, and father of an eight year old and a four year old  boys. He used to be a promising young businessman and engineer garnering both his masters in one of England's prestigious university.
 
And now,a househusband. He's been employed from big companies in America since they migrated. But after having their first child,he volunteers himself for being a hands-on dad. Reasons are: First,their baby boy is too cute and precious for him to trust a nanny or anyone else. Second, his better half earns a lot and rich enough that they will not starve in 100 years even if they both stop working. Lastly, he gets lazier as he ages.
 
But since he's doing an excellent job of being a dedicated and lovable husband and father, the love of his life never complains and even praises him for being the best dad.
 
Jongin is lying half-dead on the couch after doing his daily household chores. He groans when a set of tiny teeth digging and biting his cheek.
 
"Kyungsoo-ya,stop." he murmurs with his eyes still closed.
 
Then the biting continues even getting deeper his cheek start aching. He opens his eyes forcefully and meets his big-eyed four year old son giggling and clapping his little hands.
 
"Go play with your hyung, Appa is tired,okay?" he pinch the boy's cheek and closes his eyes again.
 
"APPPAAAAAAAAAAAA!" the boy screams purposely into Jongin's ear.
 
Jongin yelp in surprise and tumbles on the floor. The boy laughs and run away after succeeding in messing up with his dad's sleep. Jongin takes several deep breaths to calm his fuming face.
 
"Just wait when you grow up you little brat!"
 
He pick himself up and drag his feet on the kitchen where he left his sons with their snacks. Kyungsoo is obediently sitting on his chair and spooning the fruits like nothing happen.
 
"Sejong,didn't I tell you to look after your brother?"
 
The eight year old boy wearing thick glasses with stoic face glance up at him.
 
"I'm busy." he turns his gaze back to the magazine he's reading.
 
Jongin smack his palm on his forehead. His eldest son is just the perfect reincarnation of someone he knows. Poker face, bratty,nerd and just nerd.
 
"Do you even understand what you're reading?That's for adults."
 
"I'm reading about NASA's first actual trial of terraforming." the boy replies seriously.
 
Jongin blinks. Just what the hell is terraforming? Nothing's wrong with being smart but being a freaky brainiac is absolutely abnormal.
 
"You wanna watch spongebob?" he asks his nerdy son.
 
"SPONGEBOB!! APPPPAAA me!! I want to watch!" little Kyungsoo shrieks accidentally throwing the plastic spoon to Jongin's face.
 
"Kyungsoo-ya,don't shout okay? Appa can hear you."
 
"OKAAYYYYY!" the little boy answers,shouting.
 
"Spongebob is for infants." Sejong mutters biting his apple with such elegance.
 
He surrenders. The eldest Sejong's lack of liveliness is the total opposite of the maknae Kyungsoo's hyperactiveness. He nods several times while picking up Kyungsoo out the chair and placing another piece of banana to Sejong's plate.
 
"Here to increase your height."
 
"Banana will not make you any taller but it's good for stamina."
 
Before his nose starts bleeding from Sejong's weirdness,he and Kyungsoo left the kitchen.
 
"Stay put Kyungsoo or else Appa won't let you watch spongebob,understand?"
 
Kyungsoo looks at him innocently with his round eyes and zipped lips. He turns the TV on and the familiar opening song of Spongebob show resonates in the living room. He unknowingly sing along with the 'spongebob' song and Kyungsoo's own out-of-the-earth-words version of the song.
 
He unconsciously doze off in the middle of the show and bolts in surprise when he heard a shattering of glasses. Kyungsoo is standing next to their family frame broken into small pieces.
.
"Kyungsoooo!" he shouts and throw himself on the floor to stop the boy who's about to pick the debris of glasses.
 
"!" he curses when he's a bit too late and Kyungsoo's tiny fingers is tinted with red stain.
 
Kyungsoo's deafening wailing burst in the entire house. Jongin quickly hugs the boy panicking as he stares at the blood on his son's hand.
 
"Ohmygod! Ohygod!Ohmygod!"He picks the boy and runs instantly in the bathroom.
 
Sejong came after handing him the first aid kit, " wash his hand first."
 
"Okay." Jongin replies following his 8 year old son's instruction.
 
He's too occupied and fidgeting in treating Kyungsoo's wound and hushing him to stop crying that he didn't notice the sound of door opening.
 
"What's happening?"
 
Jongin snaps his head towards Sehun standing infront of the bathroom's door. His eyes widen as it lands on the boy in Jongin's arms.
 
"What happen to Kyungsoo!" Sehun screech.
 
"Jongin appa fell asleep while Kyungie is watching TV and then he accidentally broke our family frame. He picks the glasses and appa tries to jump on the floor to stop Kyungie but it was too late, he hurts himself." Sejong discussed to Sehun.
 
Sehun walks instantly to the boy and takes him off to Jongin's arms. Jongin quietly stands on the corner watching Sehun treating the boy's wound.
 
"Stop crying Kyungsoo-ya. Appa will put spongebob sticker on your finger so it won't hurt anymore,okay?"
 
Kyungsoo sniffs once before smiling and nuzzling to Sehun's neck. Jongin gritted his teeth secretly. He can't decide if he'll choose to get jealous because Kyungsoo stopped crying when Sehun arrives or because Sehun completely ignored him.
 
"And Jongin appa cursed,he said ." says Sejong before walking out calmly.
 
Sehun shoots him death glares, "Seriously?"
 
"Y-yah! I was just shock and panicking." Jongin defends himself.
 
"And how will you take that word off Sejong's mind?"
 
"That kid knows alot of words in this world more than I do. It's your fault you're feeding him too much knowledge he's now a scary walking brain!"
 
"Jongin, I thought you want to be the best influence to the kids? but from what I see you're becoming the opposite instead."
 
"Geez Sehun! Did you ever heard me curse infront of them? It was an accident! You're not even with us 24 hours so don't act as if you entirely know what's happening in this house."
 
"So just because  I only spend time with them at night means I don't have the right to be concern with my sons? And I'm working incase you forgot."
 
"So you're upbraiding me now because it's you who bring money to this family and I'm worthless?!"
 
"Stop being dramatic! That's not what I mean."
 
"Don't worry I'll get myself a job tomorrow so I am no longer a burden to you!"
 
Their argument is interrupted by Kyungsoo's sudden loud crying.
 
"Are you two fighting?," Sejong is now standing at the door again with tears beaming in his eyes,  "are you going to divorce too?! I hate you!!" he screamed running away.
 
Jongin and Sehun glares at each othe before Jongin slides past him to find Sejong. Sehun rocks the little boy's body in his arms and soothing his back.
 
"Kim Sejong open this door right now!" he pounds his fist on the door.
 
"Why don't you try stop screaming so he will open that door!" Sehun is now walking towards him with Kyungsoo still on his arms.
 
"Okay since you're so great in everything you do then go talk to him. I'll step out and be useless!"
 
The door burst open and a tear drenched Sejong walks out, "Stop fighting! if you're going to divorce each other then give me my brother! we'll leave this house before you abandon us to orphanage!"
 
They both fell into silence.
 
"Sejong-ah,what are you saying. Appa will never abandon you and Kyungsoo." Jongin squats infront of Sejong and grabs his shoulders.
 
"Yes you will! after you divorce each other you will no longer need us and so you will throw us back to the orphanage. I know me and Kyungie are adopted."
 
Jongin looks up at Sehun both flabbergasted. Sehun plops down on the floor,placing Kyungsoo on his lap.
 
"Okay let's have an emergency family meeting." Sehun gestures Jongin to sit down.
 
Jongin did the same,crossing his legs and carries Sejong to put him beside him. They're all now settled on the floor facing each other.
 
"We will never abandon you two because you're our sons. We will always be a family,the four of us together forever. Do you understand Sejong-ah? And we'll not going to divorce because me and your Jongin appa loves each other." Sehun looks at Jongin.
 
"Your Sehun appa is right. We love each other and we love you both because you're our children."
 
"But you two always fight." Sejong pouts.
 
"That's a common parents' thing Sejong-ah. But don't we always reconcile like this?" Without a notice,Jongin leans forward to Sehun and peck on his cheek.
 
"Ewwww!" Sejong shrieks covering his eyes.
 
"And this." Sehun kisses the tip of Jongin's nose.
 
Sejong lets out another cringing squeal while Kyungsoo is giggling and joins the kiss relay of his parents. 
 
"And of course this," Jongin cups Sejong's face and shower him with kisses despite the boy's extreme rejection.
 
"Our maknae likes appa's kiss right?" Sehun pecks on Kyungsoo's chubby cheeks. 
 
The little boy kisses him back on the lips.
 
After dinner, Sehun gives Kyungsoo a bath before sending him to sleep. Sejong was already dozing off when he checks his room. Jongin is tidying the kitchen and jolts as Sehun's arms envelope him at the back.
 
"Why are you so grouchy today?"
 
"You just berated me because I'm a lazy-unemployed-good-for-nothing father."
 
"hey!," Sehun forced him to turn his body to face him, "I never said that!"
 
"That's what you implied!"
 
"I can't believe Sejong  behaves more mature than you Jongin."
 
"Don't worry I'll look for a job tomorrow."
 
"Yeah right,you've been using that 'drama' on me for years."
 
Jongin wipes his hand to his apron and walk past Sehun. "I'm serious this time."
 
"Then who will take care of the kids? their food?clothes? Sejong won't eat his food if it's not prepared by you. And I can't catch up with Kyungsoo's hyperactiveness like you do. No one can beat you from being the best dad!"
 
"Tch. Stop lying. You don't have to compliment me to for stomping my pride."
 
"Jongin,the kids need you. And you don't know how it makes my exhausting day easy when I recall there's always you waiting for me at home." Sehun extends his hand to arrange the disheveled locks on Jongin's forehead.
 
"Oh I almost forgot! I have something to give you and I know this will definitely make your heart jump out of your body."
 
Jongin raise his brows. Sehun clutch his left hand dragging him to their room. Jongin standstill with his arms crossed as Sehun took something out of his bag.
 
"Here." Sehun hands him an envelope.
 
"What is this divorce paper?" Jongin teases.
 
"You're so funny I'm laughing so hard." Sehun says with bored expression.
 
Jongin chuckles and peeks inside the envelope before opening it. After reading what's written on the pices of paper,his eyes widen and stares at Sehun in disbelief.
 
"See I told you you're heart will jump out of your chest! And you're very much welcome my love Jongin." Sehun smirk.
 
"Sehun! Are you serious?! You really really really sure about this?"
 
"Yeah! It's been long years we've lived here in America. I wanna bring our family back to where we truly belong. And besides I feel sorry for you, I know how much you wanna come back home but you chose to be with me here,with us."
 
Jongin smack his arm, "Of course! Where else I would love to stay than with you and our children,you idiot- - I mean cutie!" he pulls Sehun closer and hugs him firmly, "Thank you Sehun-ah!"
 
"No, thank you for keeping your promise." Sehun hugs him back.
 
"How I wish I could remember making those promises so I can make sure you're not making it up to keep me with you forever."
 
Sehun hit the back of his head, "there hope you remember it now!"
 
"Aww! I'm just kidding!"  Jongin pecks on Sehun's forehead,nose and his lips, " I love you so much baby."
 
---------
Two months after,the Kim family arrives in Seoul International airport. Jongin and Sehun decides to stay with their parents for awhile before finally settling for good at the village in Busan.The two boys are to happy to spend time with their grandparents who pampers them alot.
 
After two weeks of staying in Seoul,they finally takes their sons to the village that Jongin and Sehun adores the most. They are welcomed by Baekhyun and his wife,Luhani at the airport.
 
"Sehunnie!!!" Luhani shouts after spotting them among the passengers coming out.
 
Sehun nudge Jongin and points the direction of the couple waiting for them. Jongin holds firmly on Sejong's hand while Sehun holding the sleeping Kyungsoo in his arms.
 
"Baekhyun hyung! Luhani noona!"
 
"Oh my God I really can't believe you're finally here now!" Luhani speaks glowingly. She  instantly embraces Sejong and waking up Kyungsoo,making him whine in irritation.
 
"Yeobo,you just mad a negative image to the boys. I don't think they will like you." Baekhyun scorns at Luhani.
 
"Thanks for being so supportive,you gnome!" Luhani hits Baekhyun's arm.
 
"Welcome Mrs. Gnome!"
 
"I hate you so much!" Luhani retorts hitting him again.
 
"Tell me something new Luhani." Baekhyun mocks.
 
Sehun and Jongin exchange glances and both heaving a sigh.
 
"Are they going to divorce each other?" Sejong tugs Jongin's shirt.
 
The two beckering couple pipe down and stare blankly at the boy.
 
"Uhm- - Sejong here is sensitive to divorce and he thinks that a couple arguing means they're breaking up." Jongin explains to the bewildered couple.
 
"Ow," Luhani mutters in awe, "No we're not divorcing Sejong-ah, your uncle and I are just kidding around."
 
Luhani clutch Baekhyun's hand and swing their hand back and forth," See! we're okay now!"
 
Sejong snorts indicating he care less about what Luhani just said.
 
"Let's just go. I bet you're all excited to see your new home!" Baekhyun exclaims.
 
"Yeah!" Jongin and Sehun yells in unison.
--------
 
Jongin thought that they will be staying at Jongdae's vacation house but he's curiosity rises when the car passed the big house and heads to the higher part of the hill.
 
"Where are we going?" Jongin asks glancing at Sehun.
 
"To our home sweet home." Sehun replies with a wide grin.
 
"Woah!!! Sea! Sea! Sea!" Sejong cheers gleefully at the sight of the blue water.
 
Jongin's curiosity piques when he views a two storey modern glass house surrounded by beautiful trees reaching the tip of the house.
 
"Wow." he whispers in amusement.
 
The car stops infront of the grill gate. Jongin still captivated by the beauty of the house. Sejong again screeches in amazement after Sehun tells him that it is indeed their new home. Baekhyun opens the gate and Sejong dash inside the house in a flash. Luhani took Kyungsoo from Sehun.  Jongin wrinkles his forehead and his gaze demanding explanation from Sehun.
 
"You like it baby?" Sehun smiles widely.
 
"You bought this house?"
 
"Nope. I build it. I mean I didn't build it by my own hands but I planned it all. Baekhyun hyung helped me while we're in America. I want to surprise you and the kids that's why I didn't let you know."
 
"Woah! it's really beautiful! I love it!"
 
"I know you will. We both dreamt of having a huge beautiful house where we can do camping outside and a glass roof to our room where we can gaze at the sky at night while lying on the bed. I made it all happen for you since your rusty memory can't remember anything at all." Sehun grasps Jongin's hand, " Welcome to our home, Kim Jongin."
 
Jongin responds by kissing Sehun dearly, "I love you so much Oh Sehun."
 
"I'm a Kim now. And I love you more Kim Jongin." 
 
And their breathtaking dream-come-true house stoodstill for many generations of the Kim family after Sehun and Jongin.
 
 
 
 
Let me cry for awhile! It's so sad this fic is finally over. Thanks alot to everyone who voted,subscribed and shared their comments. You're all amazing! 
 
I feel sorry for Kyungsoon that's why I used her name for Sekai's youngest. And I love D.O.<: 
Sejong is Sehun's hyung remember? and ofcourse combination of their names.
Regarding Baekhyun and Luhani,feel free to use your imaginations,haha
 
I love you so much Kim Jongin! hahahaha~_~
 
EXO Saranghaja!
xoxo~_~