This Twisted Fate (i)

You can forget me but I'll make you fall in love again.
"Doctor Oh! Doctor Byun!!!"
 
Sehun and Baekhyun spin their head towards the voice yelling their names.
 
Jongdae,with his upper body sticking out of a small truck's window,waving at them.
 
"Nothing changed!" Baekhyun shakes his head.
 
They carry their luggage towards the truck as Jongdae jumps out and squeezes them into a hug.
 
"I missed you two!!! Sehun-ah you look! you look awesome!!!"
 
"I missed you too Jongdae hyung!" Sehun returns the hug.
 
"Baekhyunie! You're still short!"
 
"A nice comment from a shorty like you too! And what's with the truck?? Are you a delivery boy now?"
 
"I informed you ahead Baekhyun I'm not the old rich-brat I used to be. I'm a down-to-earth young samaritan who wishes no earthly desire and material things on- - - - - "
 
"Ok Sehun-ah put your stuff inside this junk.." Baekhyun cut off Jongdae and shove him off the way.
 
Sehun laughs non-stop as he drag his luggage inside the truck.
 
------
 
"Okay boys, I don't wanna scare you or anything but I want to let you know ahead that I'm very popular in the village so don't be surprised if you'll be attacked by fangirls when I'm with you,OK?"
 
Baekhyun raise his left brow and rolls his eyes. Sehun stares at him blankly can't comprehend what the elder is blabbering.
 
"Fine. Don't tell me I didn't warn you."
 
"Did Jongdae hyung perhaps became an idol while we're outside the country?" Sehun whispers to Baekhyun.
 
"Yeah. In his dream..Just get along with his wild imagination. He's a frustrated singer after all the music industry in Seoul dejected him." Baekhyun carelessly exclaim.
 
" I heard that!" Jongdae shouted.
 
"I didn't even whispered!" Baekhyun shouts back.
 
"Byun Baekhyun you're picking radish for dinner!"
 
---------
 
They are fascinated at the way some of the villagers welcomes them. Jongdae briefly tours them around small village. Jongdae was being mobbed by little girls as they visits the only nursery school in the place.
 
"Fangirls?"
 
Baekhyun teased Jongdae and high-fives Sehun as Jongdae's cheek reddens.
 
"Oppa,are they the doctor ahjussi you're talking about?" A plump girl asks.
 
"Ahjussi?" Baekhyun glare daggers to Jongdae.
 
"But Chen oppa looks older than them. He's like a kid and he's handsome." Another girl pointed Baekhyun then Sehun.
 
"Yeah Chen hyung looks like a grandpa compare to them.." A young boy shouted laughing hysterically.
 
Five of the little girls rushes to Sehun.
 
"He looks like a prince!"
 
"Oppa play with us!"
 
They  grab Sehun's hands and pulls him to the playground. The other kids follow.
 
And like that Baekhyun and Jongdae was abandoned in the middle of a whirlpool of dusts.
 
"Atleast I look like a kid not a grandpa..And what's with the Chen thing?" Baekhyun clasps his palms together before sitting to a nearest bench.
 
"The name you will be worshipping soon!" Jongdae follows him.
 
They both watch the kid fighting for Sehun's attention.
 
"Is he ok now?" Jongdae asks.
 
"Hopefully. Remember when you told me that Jongin died from an accident six years ago? Well,guess what, he didn't. He is alive."
 
Jongdae's jaw drops in shock.
 
"No way! His mother told me!"
 
"Maybe because she knows your friends with Sehun and she wants him to believe Jongin really died."
 
"But why would she tell everyone her son is dead? I mean I know how they were so against to Sehun and Jongin but to go to that extent? that's so..uggghh!" Jongdae kicks some rocks on the ground.
 
"Apparently Jongin lost all his memories and now he's living as someone else."
 
"Have..have they seen each other?"
 
"Yeah..At Jongin's engagement party.."
 
"Oh God..."
 
They both look at Sehun laughing and playing long with the kids.
 
For the past three months, Sehun and Baekhyun had already acquainted with almost everyone at the small village. Sehun works as the pediatrician at the village's clinic while Baekhyun as  physician.
 
Sehun love the kids and they love him back. Everyone treats them nicely and indebted to have them in the village. The only person who's not happy is Jongdae who accuses Sehun stealing his fangirls and Baekhyun for his baby face.
 
Baekhyun keeps eye on Sehun since they settled in Busan. He feels grateful for the huge change in Sehun,who is often smiling and laughing. But three months was too soon,he thought,to erase all the pain in his cousin's heart and soul. He caught glimpse on Sehun once staring blankly at nothing,the familiar sad glint on his eyes. 
 
There's a specific place in the village that Sehun loves to spend his time alone. Under a solitary tree peculiarly standing near the rocky shore. Sehun never misses a night visiting the tree before he closes his eyes to sleep. Leaning on the tree or lying flat on the rocky ground despite the sharp stones poking him. And staring at the beauty of dark sky sprinkled with twinkling stars. He laughs to himself after making  wishes on falling stars.
 
---------
 
Baekhyun arrives at the clinic carrying a sack of leaves,roots,flowers,and herbs.
 
"I almost got bitten by anaconda! I hate Jongdae for pretending to be sick when I needed his help!"
 
"hyung,are you sure you're going to do antimicrobial test to each of that?" Sehun pointed his finger on the sack with amused expression.
 
"Yeah..You know how Oriental medicine drives me nuts..Can you lend me a hand?"
 
"Hyung you should have just selected the plants you're familiar with not on every weeds you laid your eyes on.."
 
"Tch..Those unknown and usually neglected species are the ones I wanted to study precisely.  I might discover the greatest medicine in the history of humanity!"
 
"Sorry I'm busy..And you know how our opinions in medicine contrasts..Goodluck hyung!"
 
"Sehunie! Please?!"
 
"No hyung! my pride stands solid on western medicine. And it's unbendable!"
 
"Society corrupted the traditional spirit in you Sehun..Fine don't you come begging me for a drop of my greatest invention!"
 
"All the best!"
 
Sehun raises his hands on air. Baekhyun grits his teeth.
 
"Guys! Are you in here?!" A panting Jongdae appears.
 
"What's up hyung?"
 
"We got a problem.."
 
The two look at each other then to Jongdae.
 
"Remember the rumor about a large company planning to build a resort near the village? Guess what! it's affirmative!"
 
"What??!!"
 
"But what will happen to the market?! How did the villagers react to this?"
 
"Well,it turns out that the company has been secretly buying and offering large amount of money to the villagers and unfortunately a lot accepted the bribe and now,it's too late for them to back out. They plan on filing a complaint to void the contracts they signed. Well,tomorrow the company's lawyer will come here."
 
"I wish we could do something to help..If they lost the market,almost everyone here will lost their source of living.." Sehun adds.
 
"We'll come to the meeting tomorrow and meet that lawyer. That company needs to realize how the villagers life depend too much on the market. They can't just demolish it and build their resort." Baekhyun responds in dismay.
 
They fall into silence engross on thinking how to help the villagers who has been like a family to them.
 
----------
 
Sehun along with Jongdae and Baekhyun drive early in the morning heading to the village's precinct where the meeting with the lawyer will be held. They arrive few minutes earlier and approach the village chief's and elders.
 
"Oh..They're our village's doctors. Oh Sehun and Byun Baekhyun and this is Kim Jongdae," the chief introduce them to a man wearing suit, "And this is Attorney Kim."
 
"Hi,I'm Baekhyun."
 
"Jongdae here."
 
"Goodmorning,I'm Oh Sehun."
 
They shake-hands with the man.
 
"Nice to meet you all,You can call me Suho. Our company manager should have come with me but something came up and I hope he'll make it tomorrow."
END.