The Dreams We Build Together

You can forget me but I'll make you fall in love again.
The best feeling on earth is to wake up lying next to the person you love the most in every morning. But to Sehun...
 
'Oh my god please someone come and save me. Baekhyun-hyung pick me up. I can't face Jongin,I'm dying here!'
 
He alternated biting his lower and upper lips whenever flashbacks of their lips touching the previous night popped in his mind.
He was so surprised he smacked Jongin's head and punched his jaw making the older cry in pain.
 
He was sweating furiously under the blanket he covered his whole body the moment he woke up. Wanting to runaway and go home but Jongin was on the bed beside where he's lying.There's no way he could escape the room without facing Jongin.
 
"Hey wake up brat!"
 
Sehun felt a foot kicking his back but he didn't move, the kicking became a bit harsh and he couldn't help not to yelp in pain.
 
"You're so mean!! let me sleep more!!" He shouted under the blanket.
 
He heard Jongin scoff and groan in irritation.
 
"I'm leaving soon so you need to go home. I can't risk leaving you here in my house and burn it while I'm away! So pull yourself up before I drag and throw you out!"
 
"WHY ARE YOU SO MEAN?!!"
 
He tossed the blanket away and met a fully dressed Jongin standing beside him with his arms crossed infront of his chest.
 
"because you're such an annoying brat!!Hurry I still have an hour to spare to feed you then drop you to the bus station." 
 
"I'll call my driver to fetch me here. Just let me shower first."
 
"Can't you not shower at your house? You consumed my entire water for a month.."
 
"Ew! who goes out without a shower?" His face crumpled on the thought of stepping out the house without a shower or sprinkle of water in his body.
 
Jongin balled his fist in annoyance and breathed deeply to control himself from flipping the whiny boy to the roof.
 
"Fine. Just hurry ok?" He said calmly.
 
"Where are you going anyway? It's weekend."
 
"For me to be able feed myself and pay my bills,I need to work."
 
"You're working?! but you're just a highschooler! Isn't that child labor?!" Sehun's mind fully awaken now.
 
"Shut up! ! ten minutes wasted because of your babbling! and you shower for an hour! You want me to throw you again inside the shower?!"
 
"Ok!ok!ok! I'm going,so grumpy!"
 
Sehun went inside the shower grumbling words while Jongin folded the blanket and cushion Sehun used with a heavy sigh. He took a shirt and sweatpants in his cabinet and placed them down on his bed.
 
"hey I placed a new shirt and pants on the bed for you Ok?"
 
He heard a sharp 'yeah' from Sehun and followed by incoherent singing under the splashing of water. He smiled. Jongin felt like sending a five year old brother to school. Sehun was a brat that whine too much.
 
He felt sorry for making Sehun eat cup ramen again but he don't have a choice. He barely have money left on his savings to buy expensive breakfast for him. Luckily, Sehun came out 20 minutes after and still have twenty more minutes to eat and leave together.
 
"Is your driver on the way now?" He asked glancing on his wrist watch.
 
"He's not coming." Sehun answered tossing the last drop of soup from cup to his mouth.
 
"What?Why? I only have 10 minutes left and it will take another 20 minutes to drop you to the bus stop back to my work place! I can't be late! Why didn't you tell me ahead Oh Sehun!" He was fuming already for the younger's inconsiderate attitude.
 
"I'm coming with you. I want to see your work. What you do."
 
"What??! No you can't. It's not a place for you to play around Sehun."
 
"Do I look like someone who plays around?..Or is it because you're working in a place for adults only? Oh my god Jongin how could you?!"
 
Jongin didn't really have any spare time to deal with Sehun's immaturity. He took the cups and chopsticks on the table to the garbage bin and grabbed his back pack.
 
"Hey, I'm coming Ok? I promise I won't bother you." Sehun got up and grabbed his bag too. Jongin didn't a say a word. After locking his house they walked side by side down the narrow alley.
 
"Jongin are you mad? I just want to see where you work. I haven't met someone my age who does work other than schooling. And I never been to a classmate or friends' house before aside from Baekhyun hyung's.  I never played in arcades after class or in weekends like most boys my age do. I never been to any date before you. All the things I did with you are my first. That's why I always want to be with you because I feel real and free."
 
There was silence after Sehun's lengthy explanation. He glanced at Jongin who's stern face before they left the house and was calmer.
 
"Just don't stray around and make me look for you Ok?"
 
Sehun faked a shock face, "What am I? five years old?"
 
"Well you act like one. Your poker face and stoned expression in school was only a disguise to cover up your immaturity and whiny brat real identity."
 
"I can only be my real self when I'm with you. I don't have to hide anything."
 
"Ew!" Jongin bumped his shoulder to Sehun's and they enjoyed playfully pushing each other until they reach a small fastfood resturant where Jongin works as a part-time cashier.
 
"The owner's a nice lady. She allowed me to work in weekends only so I won't be neglecting my studies. He's my father's long time friend too. And you, Oh Sehun,will stay here Ok?"
 
Jongin guide Sehun to the empty table near the glass window.
 
"Thanks. Can I order lots of sandwich,fries, and whatever you have there?"
 
"You're really planning on staying longer? You can tell your driver to fetch you if you get bored."
 
"I won't get bored. It's been forever since I went to place like this so I'll enjoy it to the fullest."
 
"Fine whatever suits you. Just tell me if you need anything Ok?" 
 
Sehun smiled widely at Jongin before waving their hands to each other cheerfully. His table filled with a bucket of chicken wings. A large bowl of fries, and two piece of burgers.  He watched Jongin at the counter.
 
------
 
"Jongin where's the washroom."
 
Jongin took him to the male's washroom.
 
"Jongin can I have another large coke?"
 
Jongin delivered the can of coke himself to Sehun.
 
"Jongin someone's on my table."
 
Jongin sighed patiently and politely asked the two girls sitting on Sehun's table to transfer because a freak prince was already occupying the table.
 
"Jongin do you know what time is it?"
 
Jongin gritted his teeth but controlled himself anyway and pointed the wall clock to Sehun.
 
"Jongin what- - - "
 
"Sehun! You promised not to bother me!!" He lost his cool and raised his voice to the annoying Sehun.
 
"I just want to know when's your lunch so we can eat together."
 
"I'll eat if I'm hungry Ok?..Just stay there and stop disturbing me please!"
 
Sehun glared but didn't a say a word while turning away to Jongin back to his table. An hour pass and Jongin was free from the annoying Sehun who was quietly chirping his chips staring at the people outside.
 
"Excuse me.."
 
Sehun looked up at two girls shyly standing infront of him.
 
"Yes?"
 
"Uhm--oppa--can--can I ask for your number?" 
 
Sehun was caught off guard at the girl's boldness. He politely decline and told the girls he don't have a phone yet. The girls who were dismayed in rejection rolled their eyes on him before they storm out of the place. He went back on his food and after awhile he heard clicking of cameras and a blinding flash of light hit his eyes. On the table couple of seat away from his, group of girls were taking picture of him. The girls smiled and waved at him,he half-heartedly return the smile and switch on the chair across him,his back facing the crazy girls.
 
"I didn't know you're this popular?" He heard Jongin's voice behind and taking the seat he left.
 
"They're annoying. Invading my privacy."
 
"Ow? I thought you're enjoying it."
 
"Are you jealous?I'm more popular than you?"
 
Jongin stuck his tongue out.
 
"Can I sleepover to your house again?"
 
"No. You bothered me enough. I can't handle another round of your childishness."
 
"Why? I promise not to bother you, Just let me stay again tonight. I'll bring my telescope so we can star gaze later. I'll bring my own food and clothes. I'll shower at home before I go to your place."
 
"Why don't you just stay at your mansion? Jeez you're so weird. If I was in your position, I'll play golf or bowling or polo all day."
"You won't like it to be in my place,trust me. My house reminds me how pitiful and unloved I am."
 
Jongin saw the glint of sadness in Sehun's eyes.
 
"Fine, I'll be out in 10 tonight. Don't come early so you won't have to wait for me Ok?"
 
Sehun's face glowed in happiness. They talked about random stuff while sharing the bucket of chicken on Sehun's table. It was late afternoon Sehun decided to leave to gather his stuff for the sleepover.
 
------
 
Jongin was about to dial Sehun's number as he walk his way home after his job,when he saw a figure crouching on the ground under the lamp post beside his small gate.
 
"Sehun?"
 
He lift the hoody covering the figure's head and Sehun's half asleep face greeted him.
 
"Jongin your back." Sehun mumbled rubbing his sleepy eyes.
 
"Did you wait long? I told you not to come early."
 
"It's ok..You're here now. Can we get in now please?" The light from the lamp strike down on his paler face and trembling lips. 
 
"Ok." Jongin helped him stood up and grabbed the large duffel bag lying beside Sehun. He slumped forward at the weight of the bag.
 
"What do you got in here? Did you bring your whole kitchen?"
 
-------
 
They stayed outside the house's mini lawn. Unloading Sehun's magic bag. Jongin's eyebrows wrinkled as the stuff coming out of the bag gets weirder.
 
"Why do you have a tent in here?"
 
"I want to experience camping. And I brought hammock too. And goblet lamp since I know you won't allow having bone fire in your house." 
 
"Your childhood is really deprived huh?"
 
Sehun beamed at him while taking out another material inside his bag.
 
"And this my friend is the star of this night. Tada!" He shoved a metal infront of Jongin.
 
"My telescope."
 
-------
 
After few arguments of setting up the messy tent,finding post to hang the hammock and preparing the boxes of food Sehun brought,they settled side by side inside the tent with their feet sticking out of the tent's opening.
 
"I found it!" Sehun exclaimed after long time of operating the telescope.
 
"Come here Jongin,you need to see this. I think this is the star you're talking about."
 
Jongin leaned closer to Sehun setting aside the box of food and peeking his eyes on the small lense.
"It doesn't look like it. It's different from my star."
 
"Really?" Sehun asked disappointed. He took the telescope back and tried to search and scan the sky again.
 
"Why is it so hard to find your star."
 
"Sehun?"
 
"What?" He answered still focusing his attention on the challenge of finding Jongin's star.
 
"What are you planning to do when you grow up?"
 
"I'm grown up now Jongin."
 
"I mean after highschool. Few months from now and highschool's over."
 
"I'll go to college and follow my parents' profession as doctors."
 
He heard Jongin hum in response. Dropping down the telescope on his lap switching his attention to Jongin eventually.
 
"How about you Jongin? Aren't you going to college?"
 
"I don't know. I don't think my mom and his husband would pay for my college after highschool. I guess I'll have to find a more high paying job so I can earn money for my own. But I really want to go to college with you Sehun."
 
"Then let's go together."
 
"It hope it's as easy as that. You will probably be attending the best school in korea or abroad,you know I can't afford it."
 
"I feel like not going to college anymore."
 
Jongin hit his head with the cover of wooden box and Sehun winced in pain.
 
"You have all the opportunity to make your life better so don't waste it idiot! Do you know how much I envy you? You can reach all your dreams without working,you can eat anything you want in just a blink of an eye. That's the kind of life I want to have you know."
 
"Jongin,how many times do I have to tell you,I'm not as lucky as you think I am. This material things I have doesn't make up for my miserable life. So you don't have to envy me. I'm not happy."
 
"I'm not either. And me being a poor kid only makes my miserable life even miserable to the power of infinity."
Silence.
 
"How do you see me in your life ten years from now?"
 
Sehun asked gazing up on the sky nervous to hear Jongin's answer.
 
"You are a successful and loved doctor. Then we'll live together in a big house with a huge lawn where we can camp and set bone fire everynight. And a shower with steamer because you're so picky you won't shower in cold water."
 
Sehun laughed.
 
"And a huge kitchen with huge fridge full of meats and fruits and all varieties of food because you were deprived with food in your childhood." It was Jongin's time to laugh at Sehun's imagination.
 
"And I want to have ten puppies of different breeds."
 
"Or tigers too. I want to have a anaconda and hippopotamus as pets you know."
 
"yah I'm serious here Oh Sehun!"
 
"I'm serious too Kom Jongin. I really wanted to have a hippo when I was little. Just imagine walking your dogs and my anaconda together in the morning while we're jogging."
 
They both laughed hysterically.
 
"And we can have transparent roof in our room so we can star gaze before we sleep at night." Sehun added after they recover from laughing.
 
" I really can't wait for that to happen."
 
"You think it's possible Jongin?"
 
"OFCOURSE! You and me together forever." Jongin smacked his shoulder.
 
Sehun couldn't help to hide the joy screaming inside him and smiled widely.
 
"Hey Kim Jongin.."
 
"What?"
 
Jongin turned his head and Sehun's lips captured his for few moments.
 
"I love you."
 
---Sorry for any errors>:
xoxo~_~