This Twisted Fate (ii)

You can forget me but I'll make you fall in love again.
 
 
"Nice to meet you both, You can call me Suho. Our company manager should have come with me but something came up. I hope he'll make it tomorrow."
 
They nodded.
 
"You see, we take this matter seriously. And we understand the villagers sentiment. The market is important to them but we can offer much better jobs that pays well. We're not only after our company's benefits but the people around here too.."
 
"But did you have to secretly bribe the people to sign contracts instead of discussing it to the whole? I'm sorry but I found that really offensive" Baekhyun quoted with a hint of insult.
 
The young lawyer nods and smiles, "I understand what you all feel. But there must've been a misunderstanding. We talk to the village chief and ask permission before we do any transaction,"  They turn their head to the middle-aged man  standing next to them, "Regarding the money involved, there's no  single family in the village that we opted with the offer. So everyone knows we were personally talking to them about the opportunities we want them to have,too."
 
Baekhyun gulps and feels like a huge hand slap his face left and right.
 
"Cmon boys let's talk everything over a cup of coffee. I bet none of had breakfast yet.." The chief breaks the awkwardness.
 
---------
 
"I don't like that Attorney Kim.." Baekhyun fuss inside the truck driving back home.
 
"Me too..He's too intelligent and talks like he's a gravity pulling everyone to listen to his words." Jongdae adds.
 
"What he said back there all make sense to me. It seems that the Resort project would rather help the villagers than harm them." 
 
"Are you taking their sides now Sehun? What happens to the 'Help the village to save their livelihood?"
 
"Hyung let's be practical here. The company can offer them high paying and stable jobs. It will help the village's advancement too."
 
"That's what I'm saying!!! The essence of the tradition in this village will soon be corrupted too. Just like how western medicine depraved oriental medicine."
 
"Ohmygod Baekhyun hyung are you really going to bring that up in every conversation? just because I refuse to help you in your little experiment?"
 
"Are you two fighting?" Jongdae asks but ignored immediately.
 
"It's not little you little shi-------"
 
"Hey no cursing damnit!!!" Jongdae interrupts.
 
"You did just curse idiot!!"
 
"Just because you're a doctor and I'm only driving this piece of doesn't make you better than me midget!"
 
"Wow! Look whose talking! world's best troll!"
 
"Sorry whose there talking I can't see you.You're too short I could step and crash you!"
 
"Oww how cute my key chain could talk!"
 
"Excuse me,are you two fighting? So I can place my bet?" Sehun leans forward to the two sitting at the front and earn himself a twin smack.
 
--------
 
Sehun drag his bicycle resting under the stout tree inside their backyard.
 
"Hyung,I'll go out for awhile."
 
"Sehun-ah go back before dinner,ok?"
 
"Yes grandpa!" He sprint out quickly before Jongdae can hit  him with the metal tube in his hand
 
He lift his feet off the pedal as his bike slides down on the slope going down to the village.The compound,where the vacation house they're staying is located,has the perfect spot overlooking the beautiful long river. 
 
The sky was a bit darker awhile ago so he decides to visit the shore early. He stops at the small convenient store downtown. He rests his bike on the store's glass wall.
 
"Good evening Grandpa.." He greets the old store owner.
 
"Same to you Sehun.."
 
He smiles and heads to the food stands.
 
"Am I lost? Hyung I can't find the store you're talking about."
 
"Please Kai you've been driving a small village in circle for two hours!"
 
"You know I'm not good in taking direction!"
 
"just ask the---------"
 
"Okay hyung I can it see it now!!! Just hurry and pick me up there Ok?!"
 
"Ok! Ok!"
 
Kai took the ear piece off and parks his car infront of a convenient store. He plans on waiting for Suho inside his car but his stomach grumbles. He steps out and head inside the store.
 
"Annyeonghaseyo.." He greets the old man on the counter.
 
Sehun's humming along with the song booming on his earphone.Takes couple can of his favorite soda and walk back on the counter. He freezes and almost drop the cans on his hand when he sees Jongin infront. Their eyes meet and Jongin smiles.
 
'jeez Sehun why are you so surprised!'
 
He shakes his head and ignores Jongin placing the cans on the counter.
 
"How much grandpa?"
 
He can see at the corner of his eyes Jongin still staring until he walk past him and heads to the food stand.
He bid goodbye to the old man before heading out of the store.
 
Kai glance back at the snob man in the counter. He snorts when he left the store.
 
"I'm sure that's him..or not?" he whispers scratching his head.
 
He's whistling while pedaling the bike slowly. He sense hands circling on his waist and a head resting on his back. He smiles.
 
"Are you ok back there?"
 
------------
 
Sehun stretches his arms on the air as he finally settle down on the rocks under the tree. A frustrated grunt escapes his mouth when he can't heed a single twinkling dots on the dark sky.
 
He opens one can and chugs the liquid in one go. He lets out a loud burp and slump his back on the rough surface careful not to poke his back on the sharp pointed ends. At the corner of his eyes he can see Jongin's figure lying beside him,arms under his head too.
 
"No stars tonight. How sad."
 
Then he stick his left arm above him,wiggling his fingers.
 
"There! can you see the star now Jongin?"
 
The ring on his finger sparkles. He look over his shoulder,Jongin nod his head and smiles.
 
"I miss you every second you know that?"
 
He asks but receives no response until Jongin's figure fades like a white smoke gradually settling down on the ground.
 
---------
 
"Wait,what??? They're staying with us?? WHY????!" Baekhyun yells at Jongdae.
 
"Hey!!! shut it down! The chief might hear us!! That manager wanted to live here in the village till the project's done or whatever. He asks chief if there's a place they can reside and chief doesn't want them to stay downtown. So he begged me! begs me Baekhyun to let them stay with us."
 
"The chief would never beg Jongdae! and It's probably you who initiated that they stay with us! I know your dark scheme of being sent-from-heaven-above image to the villagers because of your ambition of being the next village chief!"
 
"HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT?!" 
 
"I've read your stupid wishlist!"
 
"Grrrr! And excuse me this is my house so I can let anyone stay here,like it or not..Besides there are 10 empty rooms in here. And it's really nice to have new faces around here."
 
Baekhyun screams instead yanking Jongdae's hair.
 
"Kai.." Suho calls as he found the younger leaning beside his car.
 
"Hyung what took you so long?!"
 
"Sorry OK..Cmon the chief's waiting for us in the big house."
 
"The big house?that's what they call it?"
 
"Yeah..Well it's the biggest one here. The owner,Kim Jongdae and with his two friends also the village doctors are staying there, Byun Baekhyun and Oh Sehun."
 
"Oh Sehun?!" His eyes widen.
 
"Yeah..Know him?"
 
"Not really I just met him once..And saw him inside the store a few minutes ago. He doesn't seems to remember me though."
 
"Well that's good. We're not all completely strangers to each other then. Let's get going. Follow Ok?"
 
Kai nods and step inside his car and wait until Suho's car ahead his.
 
Baekhyun and Chen with the Village chief are sitting around the outdoor fireplace infront of the house.They hear honking of a car outside the gate.
 
"I guess that's them" The chief gets up followed by Jongdae who open the gate. Baekhyun lazily drags himself towards them too.
 
Suho comes out first and greeted the three. Another car arrives. Baekhyun and Jongdae freeze in extreme shock after seeing Jongin stepping out of the car and walking towards them widely smiling.
 
"Annyeonghaseyo.." 
 
Kai extends his right hand infront of the two but none of them accepted. Their jaw dropped and widen eyes staring at him. Kai confusingly glances at Suho and the chief.
 
"Jongdae,Baekhyun are you two ok?" The chief asks.
 
Baekhyun snaps first and reluctantly took his eyes off to Kai. 
 
"Uhm----I'm Baekhyun. Hi.." 
 
"My name's Kai..Nice to meet you." Kai extends his hand again to Baekhyun and they grasp each other's hand.
 
"S--sorry I was just surprised you're too--young to be the manager. I was expecting- - -" 
 
"Someone old?" Kai interrupts with a smile.
 
Baekhyun returns the smile and elbowing Jongdae. The latter snaps.
 
He clears his throat, "Uhm - - -did you find it difficult to get here? I apologize the house's up o the hills and you must have hardtime driving up to here."
 
"No it's cool! The whole place is beautiful!" Kai answers cheerfully.
 
"Thank you so much for accommodating us here." Suho adds.
 
"Not a problem. Besides it's only the three of us in this big house. it gets lonely sometimes,you know.."
 
"Well, it looks like you boys will be getting along well.." the chief says in relief.
 
Kai's eyes run through the surrounding, "Uhm- - -where's he? Oh Sehun?"
 
Both Baekhyun and Jongdae's faces scream in horror.