Jealousy

You can forget me but I'll make you fall in love again.
 
A month passed by so quickly since Jongin knocked on Sehun's life once more . Opening his longing heart again. Reviving the hope he buried of being  together  again.                                        
He is contented with the transition of their friendship,for now. Jongin like to stick around  Sehun all the time. And Sehun always make sure not to run out of things to catch Jongin's interest.
 
"Hey Oh Sehun."
 
He doesn't need to glance at the person calling his name to know who it is. He demanded Jongin to drop the formality and call him neither Sehun nor Doctor Oh but just Oh Sehun. Just how he used to call Sehun back when they only have each other.
 
"Oh hey..Come in."
 
He gives him a brief glance and focus his attention back to the small boy lying on the bed.
 
"What's wrong with him?"
 
"Minseok here sprain his ankle while playing soccer." He ruffles the boy's hair.
 
"Oh..Minseok aren't you the little captain of the little soccer league?"
 
The boy shoot cold glares to Kai.
 
"Should you really emphasize the 'little' thing?" he nudge Kai, "you know he hates being treated as a kid."
 
"Just teasing him." Kai whispers.
 
"What brings you here? Didn't you say you'll come with Jongdae hyung at the town today?"
 
"Don't feel like going out the village. The market demolition is in two days from now and I really feel bad for the villagers. " Kai flops down on Sehun's swivel chair.
 
"Hey,they're ok with it now. Everybody moved on so stop sulking over nothing. I wonder how did you became a businessman."
 
"You don't understand Oh Sehun. I hate taking something that causes pain to others,intentionally or not. To be honest,this is my first big project. I thought it would be easy. Talk to the land owners,buy the land,and build the resort. But taking the market valuable to them was just cruel."
 
"I disliked the idea too at first but then after Suho-hyung explained everything I realized that the resort would help this place a way lot better."
 
Kai heaves a sigh like he's not convinced by Sehun.
 
"Is there something that could make you feel better?"
 
"Yes. Are you gonna get it for me?"
 
"Sure! So you could stop sulking like a kid." 
 
"I want Kyungsoon."
 
Minseok yelp in pain when Sehun accidentally pulled the bandage he's wrapping around the boy's sore ankle.
 
"Sorry Minseokie,"
 
He tries to hide the bubbling of anger inside him.
 
"She told me she wants to visit. She will be here in two days."
 
Sehun knows someday he needs to deal with the people in Jongin's new life. Kyunsoon,Luhani,and everyone else. But he didn't expect it will hurt him much even at hearing Kyungsoon's name in Jongin's mouth. And worst,seeing them together upclose.
 
"Good for you."
 
"Come with me at the airport Ok?"
 
And now he has to witness them run to each other's arms like nothing else matters in the world.
 
"Sure." He smirks at how he agrees to torture himself more. 
 
"Ahjussi!!" Minseok screams after Sehun mistakenly tightens his grip again on the boy's injury.
 
"I'm sorry Minseok." he hushes the wailing kid.
 
"What's wrong with you today Oh Sehun?" 
 
Kai is already standing beside him and takes the bandage off his hand.
 
'YOU DARE ASK ME WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME?!' He wants to shriek out but he choose to walk out and let Kai take care of the wailing kid.
 
"hey hush now Ok? Tough guys don't cry.."
 
Upon hearing Kai,the kid wipes his face and muffles his sobbing.
 
"Good boy!"  he pat the kid's head and glance at Sehun with his back facing him rubbing the back of his neck.
 
"Are you ok?"
 
Sehun jumps in surprise when Kai touch the back of his aching neck. He bumps on the table making the apparatuses roll down and shatter on the ground.
 
"Can you please leave me alone for awhile?"
 
He couldn't dare look at Kai. He hate it that he can't control his emotion. How a simple sting in his heart swarm all over his body turning to a gigantic fireball. He wants to burst out.
 
Kai didn't say a word when he left,only his footsteps fading echoed in Sehun's hearing.
 
-------
He tries to avoid Jongin at home. He eat his meals inside his room ignoring the hyungs nagging. When he bumps on Jongin inside the house,he would shift away his eyes and dart away.
He never feel extremely mad because of jealousy before. He want Jongin to take notice of his feelings. But Sehun knows it's nothing but a mere fantasy.
 
Baekhyun softly knocks on the door before opening it.
 
"Sehun-ah?" 
 
The younger didn't budge and buries his head under the pillow instead. Baekhyun sits beside him.
 
"hey..What's wrong?You know you can tell everything."
 Baekhyun waits until Sehun cast the pillow on the floor and fold his forearm infront of his face covering his eyes.
 
"hyung I don't want to be the bad person."
 
"Is it because Kyungsoon is coming over? He already told us..And Sehun you're not a bad person. Being jealous of someone who has the heart of the one you love doesn't make you a bad person. I know cause I've been there."
 
"He said it's Kyungsoon noona he needs to feel better. I feel terrible for hating Kyungsoon noona because of my stupid heart. I don't think I can stand seeing them together."
 
"You're giving up now that you already have a special place in his life?"
 
"What special place are you talking about hyung! don't be ridiculous."
 
"He is worried about you. He feels uneasy that you are ignoring him. There's four of us here in the house and he's closer to Suho than any of us but he always choose to be wherever you are. Mind can forget Sehun but not the heart."
 
"Kyungsoon has his heart already."
 
"You're given another chance Sehun,are you just gonna let it slip? I heard from Suho,their engagement was postponed because of the resort project. Because you're here. For you two to meet again. I really wouldn't believe it's all coincidence. So before destiny gets tired of you,pull yourself together and take Jongin back!"
 
-----
Sehun inhales deeply before he take steps toward his five housemates having breakfast.
 
"Welcome back!" Jongdae exclaims. 
 
He shrugs and sits next to Baekhyun. He can feel Jongin's heavy stares on him but focus his attention on the food.
 
"So,Kai what time are leaving to fetch Kyungsoon?" Jongdae asks his spoon.
 
"Jongdae,he already told us yesterday it's 1PM." Baekhyun hisses.
 
"Well Sorry! maybe I didn't hear that's why I'm asking?!" He yells sarcastically to Baekhyun.
 
"Can't we have atleast a day of peaceful breakfast." Suho sighs.
 
"Oh Sehun are you coming with me?"
 
His heart skips a beat hearing Jongin speak to him after ignoring each other for one whole day. Their eyes met,
 
"Sorry I can't.  I need to help the kids for their presentation." Sehun quickly looks away missing the glint of sadness in Kai's eyes.
 
"It's ok. I can manage."
 
He felt Baekhyun's left shoe crashing his right foot. 
 
-----
He slides the curtain and watch Jongin's car until it disappear from his sight.
 
"Oh Sehun! what are you doing?! He asked you to accompany him and you declined?! You are twisted I swear!"
 
"I can't handle seeing them embracing each other infront of me. Is that hard to understand hyung?"
 
"Sehun I thought we talked about this already?"
 
"I was wrong. I really can't."
 
"So you're just gonna let him marry Kyungsoon?!"
 
He purses his trembling lips and shut his eyes tightly.
 
"Yeah."
 
-------
The moment he stepped on the village,he promised to let go of of Jongin. As long as Jongin will be happy,he swear never to see him again. He almost made it until Jongin came back shattering the world he build where only him and their memories exist.
 
 But he will try to build it again. A world without Jongin but full of his memories.
 
Sehun try hard to stray Jongin off his mind by busying himself practicing the kids on their dance presentation.
 
His breath falters when Kai's car enter the school's empty yard. And heard something inside him shatters into pieces as he watch the two figure coming out of the car,he looks away to hide the tears threatening to spillover. He hasten his steps away.
 
"Sehunnie!"
 
A familiar voice call out his name.
 
He dries his eyes and abruptly turns his back. Luhani is running towards him and tumbles a step backward when she jumps into his arms.
 
"I missed you!"
 
Kai with his left arm around kyungsoon walks toward them. A familiar pain crawls all over his body making him wrap his arms around Luhani for comfort. He somehow felt a little bit lighter from the embrace.
 
When Luhani breaks the hug, Sehun's face is drench in tears. The couple are already standing near them.
 
"hey..Are you ok?" Luhani asks wiping the tears in Sehun's face.
 
He nods his head not taking his eyes to Luhani afraid that if he glance at the two near them,he will lose what's left of his sanity.
 
"You missed me much don't you?! I knew it! You love me but you just won't admit it!!"
 
Luhani wrap her arms around Sehun's neck and freeze on the spot when Luhani planted her lips to his. When she let go, his eyes automatically fly to Kai who only offers him a small smile.
 
"Unni,will you stop terrifying Sehun!"
 
Sehun's eyes moves down to the petite girl next to Kai.
 
"I was just overwhelmed! Sehunie did you know how surprised I am when Kai mentioned your name! I thought I was going to die of heart attack. What a small world! Sehunie you missed me right?"
 
He gulps down before nodding his head. He feels horrible for using Luhani to shed himself from the chaos he's trapped in. But if it isn't because of her,he will probably be breaking down infront of Kyungsoon and Kai.
 
He hold into Luhani's hand tighter as he watch the couple walk ahead them. Kai still holds Kyungsoo into his arm while she has her's around Kai's waist. He sees Baekhyun shooting him cold glares when he saw him holding Luhani's hand. He hang his head low.
 
 All he wanted that moment is to runaway from them.The clog in his chest keeps on growing bigger everytime he hears Kai's voice. He endure the clenching of his chest,the hammering of his head and his heavy eyes threatening to beam with tears. When he find the oppurtunity to escape,he runs and runs ignoring the voice calling his name.
 
"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" 
 
Sehun screams at the top of his lung releasing all the pain he holds inside.
 
"WHY DON'T YOU JUST GO AWAY!!! ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?! I'M DYING IN PAIN!" he screams against the waves of water hitting the rocks. He drops on the ground and let his tears stream down.
 
"Kai stop!" Baekhyun screeches when he sees Kai about to jump down on the rocks toward the shore. He run near him and hold his arm.
 
"Don't. Let's leave him alone." 
 
"But Sehun- - -" Kai glances at the figure of Sehun crouching under the tree. He caught glance of Sehun's face dripping in tears before he storm out of the school. He followed and called his name but Sehun kept on running away.
 
"I know. I've dealt with this a lot and it's better if we let him be. Please." Baekhyun grips on kai's wrist tighter,eyes pleading.
 
"Please."
 
Kai nod his head unwillingly and giving another glance at Sehun.
 
"What's wrong with him? Is it because of that girl who erased Sehun in her memory?"
 
"He- -he told you?" Baekhyun looks at him in shock.
 
"Not much. But is it her again?"
 
Baekhyun moves his head in affirmation. Still couldn't believe Sehun would tell Kai about their story but not telling him it was not a girl. But then he assumes a reason in his mind why Sehun lied.
 
Kai,though hesitant to leave,follows Baekhyun anyway to let Sehun be by himself.
 
Sehun track the way to the clinic late that night because he don't know how to face Kai or the others. He lie down on the stretcher and stares at the white ceiling for a long time. He felt his eyes got heavier from excessive crying and unknowingly drift into sleep.
 
---
Either because of the resort or the presence of Kyungsoon that Kai had been missing for days. Sehun is thankful he's spared from drowning in desperation for awhile. He doesn't mind the constant nuisance and mischief of Luhani. It helps him too to divert his mind off  Jongin even in a split seconds.
 
He isn't prepared though to see Jongin at the place where Luhani and Kyungsoo are staying when the siblings invited them for dinner. He did not glance or speak a single word to Jongin. The latter didn't initiate to approach Sehun either.
 
Sehun is the first to chugs down the cans of booze scattered on the table. Baekhyun tries to stop him when he lavished too many and start getting tipsy. But he begs his cousin to let him forget everything briefly just for that night.
 
 He almost tumble down on the carpeted floor when Luhani drag him infront of everyone. His arms around Luhani's waist while the older girl's arm lock around Sehun's neck. Luhani sway their pressed bodies on the slow music.
 
Moment, you came to my heart just by chance
To me you don't seem to be a stranger
It took so long for you to finally find me 
 
Sehun is too intoxicated to comprehend what is happening around him. Unconsciously  tightening his arms around Luhani and resting his head on the crook of her neck. Luhani slightly pulls away and cups Sehun's cheeks.
 
"Sehun,I love you."
 
Sehun heard  but every part of his body feels too heavy he can't open his lips to answer her. Nor did he manage to react when Luhani's lips touches his. His head falls back on Luhani's shoulder after awhile and let her take along his body swaying on the music.
 
For a 1000 years
I've been waiting for you
More than million until fall in eternal love
Remember forever more
we stand for a 1000 years 
 
Like a magnet,Sehun's half-opened eyes lands on Jongin who is intensely looking  back at him. None of them dare to break the connection. 
 
Sometimes I know it will not be easy, yes true
Until then I will pray for our true love
Don't ever forget my love
we will be together
 
For a 1000 years
I've been waiting for you
More than million until fall in eternal love
Remember forever more
we stand for a 1000 years 
 
Sehun only sees Jongin. No arms holding him. No one else around them.  Just the two of them staring deeply in each other's eyes for what seems like forever.
 
Don't say
I don't want to hear you saying 'Goodbye'
Please promise me
you will always be my love
my love
 
For a 1000 years
I've been waiting for you
More than million until fall in eternal love
Remember forever more
we stand for a 1000 years 
 
 A single tear escaped in Sehun's eye before he lost consciousness.
 
-----
Kai helps Baekhyun carry the wasted Jongdae and Suho back to the truck. 
 
"I can't believe Suho-hyung let Jongdae infest him. I hope they both gag on this truck so Jongdae will be pissed to death when he wakes up." Baekhyun blurted in anger.
 
"Wait here, I'll go get Sehun." Kai says patting the older's shoulder.
 
"Can you take Sehun to Suho hyung's car instead? I don't know how to handle three stupid drunkards."
 
Kai smiles to empathize with Baekhyun.
 
"Take care of my cousin Ok? See you at home." Baekhyun ignite the engine and waves on kai before rolling away.
 
Kai hurl back inside to take Sehun out. He finds Kyungsoo holding a bucket of water and towel inside Luhani's room.
 
"You need help?"
 
"Nope. I can take care of unni. You should take Sehun home so you can rest too."
 
"Alright. I'll lock the door. See you tomorrow ok?" he steps closer to kyungsoon and kiss her forehead.
 
Kai heaves a sigh as he sits next to Sehun and  watch his chest move up and down gently,head hanging at the back of the couch. He takes the younger's left wrist and stares on the silver ring on his finger.
 Like being enchanted, Kai traces the edge of the ring down to every lines in Sehun's cold palm. He gently pulls him closer until Sehun's head falls on his shoulder. 
Warm puffs of air coming out of Sehun's nose hitting his neck and sending tiny waves of current all over his body. 
Still entrapped under unknown spell, Kai encircles his free hand on Sehun's waist. Leaving no space between their chests.
 
Like waking up from a nightmare,he shakes his head furiously . His hand holding Sehun's wrist pick up both of his legs. He lift the sleeping body off the couch and grunts at the other's  weight.
 
"Jeez! how could such a skinny body weigh this much!" he huffs.
 
Kai winces at the numbness of his arms after putting Sehun inside the car. He shuts the door carefuly and spin around to the driver's seat. He gives another glance at Sehun before he starts the car.
 
The confusion that steered inside him when Luhani and Sehun kissed still bugs him. He didn't take a single zip of alcohol but he feels his head swirling and dizzy. He heard Sehun mumbles incoherent words but resists the urge of glancing back and rather forces himself to focus on the road. 
 
"Jongin."
 
He snaps upon hearing Sehun calling a certain name. 
 
"Jongin.."
 
He can't help not to tilt his head to Sehun at the second time he calls out the same name. The younger's eyes are still closed,head resting against the glass window.
 
'Why's he calling a..male's name?'
 
"Don't leave me..Jongin."
 
Kai steps on the break,too harsh Sehun falls forward and be pulled back by the seat belt around him. 
 
His eyes looking at Sehun in full shock.
 
No,it can't be.