Misunderstandings

You can forget me but I'll make you fall in love again.
Sehun had no doubt Jongin love him. But he couldn't dare risk that love and confess about their ill-fated families. So he opted to conceal the truth. He wanted to make up for all the grievance Jongin suffered because of his parents. To be with Jongin in his best and worst moment. 
 
"Jongin can I stay with you?"
 
He asked breaking the cozy quietness between them while lying side by side,hand in hand. He didn't take off his eyes on the twinkling stars but felt Jongin tilting his head to peer at him,eyes intrigued.
 
"My parents want me to leave and study abroad after graduation. I don't want to. So, I told my father I don't wanna be their son anymore."
 
"Sehun.."
 
"I don't wanna live in hell anymore Jongin. I want to be free. Be happy. I want to be with you."
 
Jongin squeezed Sehun's hand lock into his own.
 
"Sehun, You have a wonderful future ahead of you. If you stay with me, you'll be drag to this misery I can't escape."
 
"We'll face them together. As long as we have each other, we'll be fine. I promise Jongin."
 
"No,Sehun. You don't know hard it is to force yourself to sleep to forget the cramming of your empty stomach.Or work even your body is shattering in pain. I don't want you to suffer like I did."
 
"So you don't want me here?" Sehun pulled his hand away from Jongin's grip.
 
"NO! you don't understand Sehun!"
 
"Jongin,all those material things won't make me happy. I've been indulge with luxury all my life but why do I still feel miserable? Everyday I thought of drowning myself to get away from the hell I'm in! But when you came to my life,everything changed. You're all I need."
 
Jongin was tight-lipped shifting his eyes away from Sehun. 
 
"I knew it. I was just fooling myself thinking that I'm everything you all needed too. I'm so  stupid!"
 
"Sehun! It's not what you think it is. I'm sorry I thought - - -"
 
"Stop Jongin! If you don't want me,it's fine! But I'm not going back home anymore. Sorry for disturbing you!"
 
He stood up and was about to ditch out when Jongin caught his wrist and pulled him harshly back to the ground.
 
"Don't dare runaway from me again you narrow-minded fool! Listen to me!"
 
He struggled to break off from Jongin's grip but the older embraced him tightly.
 
"Let Go!" Sehun shouted but Jongin tighten his arms even more.
 
"I'm sorry Ok! I didn't mean to hurt you! Stay with me!You don't know how much I love you!"
 
Sehun stopped pushing Jongin away and  burst in tears. They stayed clump to each other,no words exchange,only Sehun's sobbing could be heard.
 
"Will you stop crying already?" Jongin patted the top of Sehun's head, "You're not mad anymore?"
 
Sehun shook his head while drying his drench face.
 
"Stay here with me Ok?" Jongin grasp for the younger's hands.
 
"Okay."
 
"You're such a short-tempered crybaby! Come here." Jongin tug him closer for another tight hug.
 
--------
Sehun woke up with puffy eyes. He looked up at the empty bed of Jongin. The latter told him just because he cried last night didn't mean he would be kind to let him take the bed. So he end up on the cold floor again.
He made his way to the tiny kitchen and found Jongin pouring hot water to two cups of ramen.
 
"Goodmorning!"
 
"Why didn't you wake me up early too?"
 
"You cried out all your fluids and energy last night,I thought it'll take you a week to replenish yourself. Feeling better now?"
 
"I'm not that weak."
 
"Yes you are. Sorry I can only afford this?" Jongin timidly placed a cup of ramen infront of Sehun.
 
"I'm no rich anymore. And besides, ramen is damn yummy just like gummy worms. Can we buy some later?"
 
"Sure..eat up while it's still hot."
 
They started slurping the noodles.
 
"What about school Sehun? There's only two months left before graduation. Is it right to throw everything you worked hard? You could have graduated highschool with high honors."
 
"I did that because I was forced. To please my parents. There's really nothing to lose." Sehun lied because he didn't want Jongin to feel bad,  "and besides,I can't go back home anymore. My parents pay for my tuition. Without their money,I'm penniless too." 
 
Jongin hums in response.
 
"Are you going to work today? Can I come? Since I'm out of school I'll find a job for me too."
 
"Are you kidding me? What kind of work can you do? I bet you didn't even know how to wash spoons!"
 
"I can work at the restaurant. I've seen you doing it and it's easy. I think I can do it too."
 
"I don't work there anymore. They threatened ahjumma to purchase the whole place if she didn't fire me. I can't let them drag other people to their rage towards us."
 
Sehun looked down. He couldn't believe how ruthless his parents were.
 
"T-they don't know me- -so- -I can maybe replace your spot?"
 
"Maybe. Ahjumma told me not to hesitate to ask if I need her help. But are you sure Sehun? You're not used to this."
 
"I have to. I want to be responsible for myself too. For us. And plus I need money to pay for my own water since you always nag about draining all your water! Or I can pay my own rent  so I can have my own bed since you're so heartless to let me sleep in that cold floor!"
 
"Shut up!"
 
"So you're letting me sleep on the bed?"
 
"No way!"
 
Sehun glared at him and both laugh over their stupid bickering.
 
------
They were both elated when the ahjumma that Jongin used to work for brought in Sehun.  Jongin wanted to stay beside Sehun on his first day of work to make sure he won't mess up but the younger forced him to leave. And he still need to find another job after he was fired again without valid reason but ofcourse he knew why. He wonder how long that merciless family going to ruin their life.
 
Jongin got home late at night still jobless. Sehun was waiting for him outside under the lamp post.
 
"What are you doing outside?"
 
"Waiting for you. Any good news?"
 
Jongin shook his head.
 
"That's ok. You can still look for another tomorrow. I got my first day pay!"
 
Sehun waved a blue envelope in his hand and tug Jongin's left arm.
 
"I want to eat ddeokboki. Come on my treat!"
 
"Yah! that's your first paycheck! you can't just waste it over useless things!"
 
"I wanna buy you something on the first ever money I earn myself,that's not useless! You're just jealous I have money and you don't have any!"
 
Sehun elbowed Jongin's stomach.
 
"I'm not jealous!"
 
"yes you are! It's written all over your face! Sehun has money,I don't have!"
 
"Huh! I didn't know you could be this mean Oh Sehun!"
 
"hey I'm just kidding Kim Jongin!," he wrap his arm around Jongin's neck, " You're so cute when you're pissed off."
 
"Cute like this?" Jongin took off Sehun's arm around his neck and twist them behind the younger's back which made him yelp in pain.
 
"Let Go! Kim Jongin! That hurts!!"
 
-------
They sat across each other infront of a full plate of ddeokbokki and cans of cola.
 
"This is my first time here you know!" Sehun grin widely.
 
"And will be your last. You need to save your money if you still want to have your own bed."
 
"I know! I know! Ok! so grouchy! Can we just eat now?"
 
Jongin snorted and they started gorging the food.
 
-----
Three days passed and Jongin still on the dole.  He only had few amount left on his savings. He need to pay his father's hospital bills and house bills. Despite reprimanding Sehun for spending his paycheck for their food,the younger insisted and brought foods everyday after anyways. It bruised his ego. 
 
So when he got home after another wearisome and waste of time job hunting, he unintentionally raised his voice when Sehun spend money for buying food again.
 
"I told you not to waste your money anymore! Why are you so stubborn Oh Sehun!!"
 
"I'm not wasting anything. I'm buying us something to eat."Sehun refuted.
 
"Don't do it anymore! I hate it when other people make me look useless!"
 
Sehun chuckled, "So you see me as an outsider? a stranger?"
 
"Don't start." he uttered angrily.
 
"Fine! let's starve and then die." 
 
Sehun cleared the table and threw everything on the garbage bin. Jongin just stared with his quivering eyes. Sehun walked past him out of the house. 
 
He didn't know where to go. He was shivering sitting at the empty park near the village. 
 
"I hate you." He whispered and sniffed.
 
When he couldn't take the coldness anymore,he decided to find his way back to Jongin's house.
Sehun caught a glimpse of Jongin standing outside the gate kicking his foot lightly on the ground. He loosen up before walking closer. 
 
Jongin snapped as he heard footsteps and saw  Sehun approaching.They stood infront of each other,eyes looking away. Jongin cleared his throat.
 
"Sehun, I'm sorry. Sorry for always misunderstanding you. I'm sorry for always saying sorry."
 
"Idiot."
 
"I know." Jongin shortened the distance between them and embraced the other tightly.
 
"I'm an idiot and you're a genius that's why I should listen to you always. Promise."
 
"Is that an insult?!"
 
"I'm complimenting you idiot! I mean genius!"
 
"Let's not fight again Ok?"
 
"Okay!"