Waiting in Despair

You can forget me but I'll make you fall in love again.

 

The light passing through the glass window reflect in his eyes and watches as it gradually engulfs the darkness. Another night gone and a brand new day comes but for Sehun it's death. He spend almost half of  his life waiting for the same person and he starts to get tired of it. He feels exhausted from trying to bend the present and fighting against fate.
 
"Sehun-ah?"
 
He hears Baekhyun calling his name behind the locked door but stays fixed on the bed.
 
"Sehun-ah, Jongin is calling he wants to talk to you."
 
He snaps abruplty upon hearing Jongin's name. He wanna curse himself for giving in so easily again. Just when he thought he couldn't carry on anymore,another hope springs inside him. He thought that he will never escape this bitter sweet twisted fate he's in.
 
He didn't meet Baekhyun's eyes as he opens the door and reach for the phone.
 
"Thanks hyung."
 
Baekhyun didn't say a word and just pats his shoulder before sprinting away. He closes the door behind him and takes a deep breath before pressing the answer button.
 
"Sehun?" he hears Jongin's groggy voice.
 
"Where are you?" he choke from the pain in his throat. Tears stream down slowly.
 
"She won't talk to us," Kai's voice hitches, "I don't know what to do anymore."
 
They fall into silence. Both waiting for the other to initiate talking again.
 
"A-are you- - -coming back to her?" he couldn't help to muffle his cracking voice anymore.
 
"No. I'm sorry Sehun-ah if I didn't drag you back here none of this would happen. But you know that  I will never leave you."
 
"Really?" he doesn't care anymore if he's crying like a kid over the phone.
 
"Yes really. We'll get through this just fine. I need you to pack our things and wait for me at the airport. We will leave today. Don't ask and think of anything else Sehun. Can you do that for me?"  Kai's voice sound unsure but anticipating at the same time.
 
"Yes I can do it. We'll leave everything behind us now."
 
"Wait for me Okay?"
 
"Yes. I'm always waiting for you."
 
Kai smiled over the phone and end their conversation. Sehun fix himself before instantly grabbing random stuff that caught his eyes. He goes to Jongin's room and took his untouched bag before heading back to his room. After making sure their things are ready,he took a quick bath.
 
Baekhyun,Suho and Jongdae are downstairs and surprise to see Sehun dressed with two bags in his grip.
 
"Sehun where are you going?" Baekhyun asks agape.
 
"Hyung we're leaving." 
 
The three gawk in disbelief but choose not to cross-question him further.
 
"Call us sometimes Okay?" Baekhyun walk towards him and embraces him tightly.
 
"I will,Thank you so much hyung." 
 
"I'll drive for you." Baekhyun took one of the bags off him before he can protest. 
 
He walk to Jongdae and Suho hugging them briefly.
----
Kai's fidgeting as he walks back and forth at the living room. He needs to get away from there as soon as possible to meet Sehun but Kyungsoon still locked herself in her room. Again he tries to knock on Kyungsoon's room hoping this time she will let him in and talk to him.
 
"Kyungsoon-ah. Please open up. I don't want us to end this way. Please hear me out. I- - -I have- - to l- -leave." he curses himself for being too harsh towards the girl he used to love for long years but he doesn't want to hold her in pause any longer and inflict  pain into her anymore.
 
"Kai," Luhani stands behind him grabbing his arm, "Please don't leave yet. I'm not asking you to stay forever but  don't leave now- -Kyungsoon- - she- - needs you. Please."
 
Kai shifts his gaze off her. He wanted to leave but even his conscience is eating him alive forcing him to stay. The door clicks open and shows up a devastated Kyungsoon. Luhani and Kai stare at her in state of shock.
 
"You're leaving?" Kyungsoon darts her swollen eyes to Kai.
 
Kai's heart sunk at the sight of Kyungsoon. His tongue curls backward and mind goes blank not able to think of all the words he wanted to say to her.
 
"I'm sorry for how I acted. I'm sorry I made you two worry."
 
Luhani and Kai reluctantly exchange glances. His shaking hand reaches out to hold the frail and disheveled older girl infront of him.
 
"Kyungsoon-ah, I know it's shameless of me to ask this but please," he lowers his head to hide the tears rolling down to his face, "Forgive me." he throw his arms around her.
 
Kyungsoon didn't cry instead she wrap her arms around Kai tightly.
 
"Everything will be Okay." she whispers.
 
"Thank you so much noona. Thank you so much." 
 
Kyungsoon inches away from him, "I'll drive you to wherever you're going. Let me do this atleast."
 
Kai hesitates but bows his head instead. He couldn't resist to stretch his lips for a smile and dries his face.
 
Luhani stays rooted to her spot still can't believe how Kyungsoon seems to just accepted everything easily.The younger girl approaches her and embraces her tightly.
 
"Unni, I don't hate you. I know you only wanted to protect me. I love you so much unni. I'm sorry."
 
Luhani can't understand why she doesn't feel good about what Kyungsoon is saying and how she is acting. When the two bid for goodbye,she couldn't let go of Kyungsoon's hand.
 
"Kyungsoon," she looks straight to the other's eyes,pleading desperately, "don't go."
 
"Unni,it's ok now. I Promise." Kyungsoon gently removes her hand to her's and give Luhani a quick hug.
 
"Kai.." Luhani's tears fell down,she wants to stop them because her gut feeling's telling her something horrible is about to happen.
 
Kyungsoon pulls the younger male out of the door leaving a crying mess Luhani. Kyungsoon starts the engine without a word and not bothering to put her seatbelt on. 
 
"Kai,"
 
He hums in response and glances at her.
 
"Are you leaving with Sehun?" 
 
Kai stiffens and face fell down debating how to break it to her gently without hurting her.
 
"You thought I will let it go easily huh?!"
 
His whole body trembles. Kyungsoon looks at him with a smirk. The older girl beside him suddenly turns to someone he doesn't know.
 
"You're not going anywhere with him Kai. Not to anyone else but me."
 
In a blink of an eye,the car hover into the air for a few second before landing to the ground with huge impact,smashed into half after hitting a post. One of the two bodies flew out lying lifeless on the hood of the car.
 
Sehun glances down at his wrist watch,three hours passed but Jongin still hasn't come. He puff his cheeks and tells himself it's okay.
 
"Sehun!"
 
His head snaps towards the person calling his name. He sighs in desperation to see Baekhyun and not Jongin. Baekhyun walk towards him and suddenly hugs him tightly.
 
"Sehun, Jongin is.." Baekhyun's voice hitches.
 
 
 
 
~Short chapter! please don't kill me guys. I promise not to make any angsty sekai fic anymore~_~
xoxo~_~