The Start Of Something Worst

You can forget me but I'll make you fall in love again.

 

The smile on Sehun's face didn't disappear even after he bid goodbye to Jongin when he left his house few minutes ago.

"Young master?"
 
Sehun stepped back when he was about to climb the grand stair and met the house butler walking towards him.
 
"Yes?"
 
"You're parents are home."
 
He was surprised. If his parents were home it only means something big happened. He knocked on the large door before he heard his father's voice on the other side of the door.
 
"Come in."
 
He slowly opened the door and found his parents sitting on the long sofa.
 
"Welcome back." He greeted half-heartedly.
 
"Where have you been Sehun?"
 
His mother asked with her stern expression.He gulped the lump in throat and tried hard not to stammer.
 
"A sleepover at my classmates house for school project."
 
"With Baekhyun?"
 
"Yes." He lied and he prayed to heavens above his parents haven't yet called Baekhyun.
 
"We will be staying here for awhile. Until we settled everything. They're releasing that criminal from prison."
 
He saw his father's face stiffen. He knew whom his father was pertaining to. The man who recklessly killed his hyung in a car accident. 
 
'So that's why.' He thought.
 
He was just five years old when the accident happened. What he remembered was his hyung's body flying on the air after a truck hit him. It was in middle school when he finally understood how his hyung died. 
 
His hyung brought him and Baekhyun in an ice cream parlor. Baekhyun,who was five at that time too, drag him out of the store and naively crossed the street.
 
A loud honking and people screaming echoed in the that busy street. And next thing they knew both Baekhyun and him were thrown on the sidewalk with bruises and a loud thud of something breaking on the concrete,his hyung's body.
 
It was their fault for crossing the street where fast cars could hit them anytime. But being kids acquitted them from the blame. And the man driving under the influence of alcohol made the case worst and be blamed solely for recklessly killing a teenager.
He grew up believing it was the driver's fault and should be blamed for his hyungs death. Though the law acquitted him from the incident,his parents never did. Sehun along with the driver suffered from his parents rage for the loss of their son. His parents devoted their lives to make the man and his life suffer. 
 
Now that the man was released from twelve years of imprisonment, Sehun was frightened of the consequence. Somehow,he had a bad feeling that something big was about to happen.
 
--------
 
Sehun wondered when the next morning he came to school Jongin wasn't there. He look for him at the school backyard but it was empty. He tried calling his phone but he won't pick up.
 
"Hey Sehun, I heard your parents back." Baekhyun asked.
 
"Yeah. The driver that hit hyung was released they told me."
 
He saw Baekhyun's eyes shifted.
 
"Ow..I don't know what should I feel Sehun-ah."
 
"Stop blaming yourself hyung,it's not your fault. It's the man's fault. Because of his being irresponsible a precious life was wasted. Ten years or forever is not enough for him to repay what we lost."
 
Sehun knew it's inhuman to feel happy for someone's misery but with all the pain he suffered,he couldn't help not to curse the man. He loothe the man as much as he hate his parents.
 
He forgot Jongin's disappearance that day because of being overwhelmed by his own problems.
 
-------
 
Jongin was about to walked out of his house when the lady his working for came in rushing.
 
"Ahjumma? what's wrong?"
 
"Jongin-ah,your father- - -your father called."
 
He dropped the keys on the ground at the unexpected news he was waiting for very long years.
 
He rushed at the hospital address his father gave the ahjumma. His heart was pounding extremely loud. He thought of things he would tell his father. He was so happy and scared tears rolled down his face nonstop. He stayed outside the room his father was confined for few more minutes to gather all his strength. When he slowly open the door. A middle-aged man was lying on the bed with tiny tubes attached on his hands and infront of his nose. The man looked so pale. 
 
"Appa."
 
The man turned his head weakly towards Jongin.
 
"Jongin?" the old man strive to pronounce his name. Jongin's tears continued to drip on his face.
 
"Come here son." The man struggled to extend his thin arms to Jongin. And slowly he took steps forward and reach on his father's fingers.
 
"You- - You've grown- -- up a lot son."
 
Jongin held his father's hands on his chest and gently wrap his arms around his father's body afraid to break his weak state.
 
"Appa where have you been? Why did you left without me? I was so sad." He cried like a five year old again scolding his father for leaving him.
 
"I'm sorry Jongin-ah. But now Appa is back and I will not leave you again."
 
His father patted his head and suddenly memories when he was a little kid kept rushing back to him. His father washing him in shower before going to bed. Wrapping him under thick blanket and patting his head gently until he fall asleep. Riding on his father's shoulder when he takes him to the park or to buy ice cream. Make him laugh when he fell on the swing at their front yard.
 
After he calmed down from crying. He cheerfully told his father things that happened to him while he was away. Opting the suffering he had gone through because of his mother. He didn't want to make his father's condition worst. They were in the middle of catching up with Jongin's life when the door suddenly burst open. Jongin was startled and check who it was. A man and a woman dressed formally with stern expression on their faces stood outside the door.
 
"uhm- - what can I do for you Sir? Maam?" He asked the older couple.
 
The lady ignored him and walked inside the room,the man followed afterwards.
 
"What are you two doing here?" his father asked and Jongin was confused when he saw his father trembled.
 
"to check if you're dead but like what they say evils live long." The lady blurted.
 
Jongin was terrified at how the stranger just humiliated his sick father.
 
"With all due respect maam, but who are you to talk to my father that way."
 
Jongin walked past the strangers and stood beside his father.
 
"Jongin,no.." He heard his father whisper.
 
"So this is your son?" The lady eyed him head to toe with disgust.
 
"My son was lying six feet on the ground while your own son was living well?!!" the lady's voice resonated on the whole room.
 
"I'm sorry maam but if you will keep on disturbing my father, I'll have to call the guards."
 
A thick hand landed on Jongin's left face.
 
"You son of a murderer!!" 
 
"Jongin! Don't touch my son I'm begging you!" He heard his father plead and clutched his chest.
 
"Appa!" His face was stinging and burning from the slap but he forgot his own pain when he saw his father gasping for air.
 
"Yes you should die! you murderer!!!!!!" the lady shouted.
 
Jongin couldn't handle his anger anymore and pushed the lady making her slumped on the man behind him.
 
"leave now before I forgot your elders and lost all my respects!!" He was fuming in fury.
 
The man spoke, "Remember this,I will do everything to bring you back to prison and make sure you rot in there."
 
"LEAVE!!!!!" Jongin screamed grabbing the steel chair and crashing it to the ground startling the strangers.
 
"You're just like your father." The man spat before dragging the lady out of the room.
 
"Appa are you ok?"
 
Jongin rushed out of the room to the nurse station. His father had mild heart constriction and was given sedative to calm his system. He sat beside his father's bed comprehending what had just happen. It was still unclear to him but he had an idea where his father had been all this years.
 
-------
 
Jongin didn't come to class that day. It was at the end of the class Sehun remembered Jongin was still missing. He dialled his number again and after few rings,Jongin answered.
 
"Hey where are you? you didn't come today."
 
"Yeah. Something happen."
 
"Are you Ok?!"
 
"Yes Sehun I'm Ok? How's school?"
 
"Boring."
 
He heard Jongin's audible smile on the other line.
 
"Sehun-ah can you come here at the hospital? I want to tell you something."
 
"Hospital?! What happen Jongin?!"
 
"No,I'm fine..I'm not hospitalized or what. Can you come?"
 
"Sure. I have something to tell you too."
 
"Ok. I'll wait here."
 
------
 
Sehun arrived at the hospital and saw Jongin waiting at the entrance. The latter waved his hand when he saw him coming. 
"What are you doing here?"
 
He was pulled into a hug instead. He blinked his eyes rapidly from surprise. He felt a little bit uncomfortable when few passerby throw them weird look.
 
"Jongin-ah?"
 
"My dad's back Sehun..He came back."
 
Jongin's voice cracked and his embrace tightened.
 
"I won't be alone anymore Sehun. I won't be sad anymore. "
 
He heard him sniff. He shove away the embarrassment he felt inside and wrapped his arms around Jongin. He didn't knew he would be this happy to see Jongin happy. 
 
Jongin broke the hug and wiped his tears.
 
"Crybaby." He teased helping Jongin wiped wet stain on his face.
 
"I'm happy for you Jongin. Don't cry anymore ok?"
 
Jongin nod his head and beamed widely. 
 
"I want you to meet my dad but he's a little bit sick. Promise me you'll meet him once he's fine,Ok?"
 
"I promise." he raised his right hand.
 
"Didn't you say you have something to tell me too?"
 
"Oh..That--uhm--I just want to tell you school's boring without you."
 
He lied. He didn't want to hinder Jongin's happiness for making him worry about his own problems. He would tell him someday.
 
"I'll come to school once my dad's condition get better."
 
"Don't worry I'll let you copy my notes."
 
"No thanks, I have enough stuck knowledge."
 
"Whatever." He rolled his eyes.
 
--------
 
Jongin came to school after three days. They stayed under the tree at lunch and cheerfully told Sehun about his conversation with his father after long years of separation. Their plans after his father recovered completely.
 
Sehun just listened and smiled as he watch Jongin laughs and how happy he was like every pain he'd been through disappeared like a bubble in thin air.
 
---------
 
 
"Sehun see you tomorrow." Jongin waved his hand to him before leaving the room.
 
He wanted to stop Jongin and ask him to stay a bit longer. Because he felt sick coming home. He want them both to stay under the tree and watch the stars at night. He want to hold Jongin's hands. He want him stay beside him until Sehun got the strength to breath again.But he didn't want to bring down Jongin along with him in his sadness. 
 
Going home was like seeing himself waiting in death row. Mr.Kim,the house butler, smiled at Sehun when he arrived. He smiled back at the old man. He knew the old man was trying his best to make Sehun feel better. Ever since he was a child,it was Mr.Kim who replaced the abandoned spot of a parent in his life. He was thankful to the old man. But nothing was ever enough to make the anger and frustration vanish that grew up along with him.
 
 
It took him like forever to walk upstair to his room. And before he could temporarily escape inside his room,he was called by his mother.
 
"Where have you been?"
 
"School." he answered briefly.
 
"Sleeping over your classmates house and now coming home late. What's going on with you Sehun? You know that criminal who killed your brother was freed and yet you have no shame of having fun with your friends."
 
He shut his eyes tightly and gulped all the anger forming inside him.
 
"I'm- - -sorry."
 
"You should be."
 
And then his mother left. He abruptly open the door,ran on the his shower room and drown himself under the freezing water. Hot tears overflowing mixes with the cold water
.
Jongin was awaken by sudden vibration of his phone.The digital clock on his phone registered 2am and groaned at whoever intruder in his sleep.
 
"what?" he asked half awake.
 
"Jongin."
 
His eyes suddenly opened wide to hear Sehun's gloomy voice.
 
"Sehun? are you ok?"
"No."
 
Then he heard him sniff. And flashing of water hitting the floor echoed on Sehun's background.
 
"Sehun what's wrong? where are you?"
 
"In my shower."
 
"You're showering in the middle of the night?"
 
He was answered by Sehun's crying instead.
 
"Sehun-ah,you want me to come?"
 
"How? My parents home. But I really wanna go away from here Jongin. Can you come and save me?"
 
He was stunned for a half a minute.
 
"Forget it. Sorry I disturbed you. Goodnight Jongin."
 
"Sehun wait- - - -" The beeping tone cut him off. He tried calling Sehun again but the phone's unattended anymore.
 
He glanced at his father peacefully sleeping and grabbed his jacket before slowly exiting the room. It was 2am in the morning and he might get killed by thugs and delinquents his age in the street but he didn't care. He need to see Sehun. to make sure the other boy was ok. And to make him feel better.
 
He arrived infront of the huge metal gate but didn't know how get inside. Sehun's parents were home and his scared to wake the whole house. He tried to call Sehun but his phone was still turned off.  He was dying in uneasiness. Sehun's crying voice over the phone kept on replaying in his mind and it drives him crazy. He felt so helpless.
 
-----------
 
His whole body was in pain. He bear with the soreness of his bones as he walked down from his room. 
"Young master just stay at home today. You're burning from fever. " Mr. Kim help him walk down the stair.
 
He weakly shake his head, "I'm fine."
 
The old man persuade him to take breakfast and medicine but he refused. He hopped in the car and told his drive to leave immediately. He didn't want to see his parents. He shut his eyes and wrapped his ams around his body. He was shivering outside but felt burning inside.
 
"Young master."
 
He heard his driver called but his eyelids were too heavy he couldn't lift them.
 
"W-what?"
 
"Your friend is here,outside the gate."
 
He hold the his forehead and forced to open his eyes to see who it was. 
 
"Jongin."
 
He clutched the door handle and flap the door wide open and told his driver to wait. He stumbled to walk near Jongin who was hugging both his knees and leaning against the wall. He crouched down infront of him and gently shake his arms.
 
"Jongin. Wake up."
 
The other boy lift his head slump on his folded arms and rubbed his eyes.
 
"Sehun!!"
 
He scanned the pale boy's body infront of him who just smiled at him feebly.
 
"Why are you here infront of my house?"
 
"Yah you wanna die?! I got scared when you called and hung up on me! I ran here but I don't know how to get to you without waking up your parents! What happen to you? Why were you crying? And you look like a corpse!" Jongin placed the back of his palm in Sehun's forehead.
 
"You're burning! just stay at home don't go to school idiot!"
 
"I'll die if I stay there. Let's get inside the car first."
 
Jongin took Sehun's left arm and place them around his neck.
 
"Hey I can walk."
 
"You look like about to be shattered if the wind blows on you."
 
Sehun groaned when his body touched the rough back seat.
 
"Let's go to the hospital instead ok?"
 
Sehun shake his head, "School. I can't be absent."
 
"You'll pass out any minute.Whether you like it or not you're not going to school today. You need to rest."
 
"Jongin please I can't leave school. My parents will- - - "
 
"Shut up Oh Sehun! I'm so done with you're stubbornness. Ahjussi can you take us to the hospital?"
 
"Definitely." The driver replied too much relieved that someone could break his young master's stubbornness.
 
"Not the hospital. Please."
 
"Then you where do you want to go?"
 
"Fine I won't attend school,I'll rest but not in hospital. Let's go to your house."
 
No matter how Sehun tried and pleaded Jongin to go to school,the other shut him up and stayed beside him. Jongin carefully laid him down on his bed wrapping him with thick blankets.
 
Jongin was wiping Sehun's forehead with lukewarm water every after fifteen minutes. The younger was terribly shivering,his pink lips were purplish and kept groaning under his unconscious state.
 
He asked help from Baekhyun because he got scared what he was doing might not be enough or even worsen Sehun's state. Baekhyun arrived at his house with medicines and fever cooling  patch. They were awkward to each other after the last conversation they had.
 
"He won't go to the hospital and doesn't want to stay at home. So I brought him here cause he wants to. Don't misunderstand."
"Thank you."
 
He was not prepared for the other boy's answered. He thought he still hate him for not leaving Sehun like what he wanted Jongin to.
 
"And I was wrong for stopping you two. I thought I knew what's good for him but I made a mistake and even made him sad. Just please take care of my cousin."
 
Baekhyun looked him straight in the eye.
 
"I will."
 
"Jongin.." Sehun softly called in his sleep.
 
The other two looked at each other, Jongin felt his cheek burning.
 
"Don't leave." Sehun continued talking in his sleep.
 
"His looking for you. Can I use your kitchen? I need to heat this for him."
 
"Sure."
 
Baekhyun left and he felt like dying. He want to hit the sick boy embarrassing him infront of his cousin. But his face was so frail he couldn't even dare pinch him. Sehun winced in pain once more. He scoot closer holding his hand and intertwining their hands.
 
"Sehun I'm here. Get well Ok? So we can go to school together."
 
 He wiped away few strand of his bangs covering his eyes. He kissed the sick boy's left cheek down to his pale lips.
 
"I love you Oh Sehun."
END.
 
Sorry for any mistakes. Luckily I have a medicine student cousin to help me with Doctor Oh And Doctor Byun..Hehehe..