Accidents

The Writing On My Hand

Jae's POV (You finally learn her name!)

 

I was literally jumping up and down inside my mind. OMG I AM THE LUCKIEST PERSON ALIVE! I’m surrounded entirely by SHINee! Except the teacher’s desk, but he doesn’t count. I scribbled decorations on my hand in my giddiness. On one palm, I decorated what I wrote before on it, adding I LOVE SHINee on it and on the other palm, carefully writing their names, rainbow colored from oldest to youngest. Hearts next to all of them, but a special squiggly around Taemin’s name.  He was my favorite SHINee member.

Well you must have guessed my plan now. I plan to appear like I don’t exactly care, so I won’t looked like a nuisance, crowding around them like a maniac, although I would love to.

I can imagine how annoying it’d be to drown in a sea of fans.

Even better, TAEMIN TOUCHED MY PEN! OMG THIS BLACK PEN WILL BE MY MOST CHERISHED PEN FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. I grinned for a second, and then scribbled down a note about variables. Since my hair was suddenly bothering me, I pulled it back into a messy but doable ponytail, looking at my hands. Hana would laugh at me. Too bad she’s in a different class. She gave me a necklace with the Gelly Rolls, too.

Anyway she’d slap me to death as well because what I wrote was k-pop stuff. She was the only friend I knew who hated k-pop (for some inexplicable reason) but she probably pushed into the fan crowd along with her other k-pop crazy friends.

I breathed slowly, beginning to doodle on my paper.

Kekekekeke… Taemin to my right, Key to my left, Minho, Onew and Jonghyun behind me… this is the best day in my life.

I noticed that I was smiling like an idiot, and I wiped that smile off immediately, trying to appear bored. Math is boring. If SHINee has my schedule… then this would be the same seating arrangements for the rest of the day!

I appeared as the dorky kind of student to everyone, and no one liked me. Whatever… I operate just fine on my own, and Hana is awesome.

So I always sit in the middle of the front, a ring of five empty desks around me. People probably wouldn’t dare sit with SHinee if it meant sitting near me. Anyway, today is the last day of seat-choosing. It’s those permanent seats for the rest of the year.

OH YEAH BABY.

I want to be their friends… would they let me?

Probably not, but being this close is enough for me. I can now die happy. HALLEGLULAH. (don’t blame me if I spelled that wrong) Anyway, class ended and I carried my books in one arm at my side. Most guys hold It like that… The two textbooks and binder are pretty light anyway. I ventured down the hallway, wishing to the death SHINee had my schedule for the day.

English next.

Oh yeah, is that SHINee I see coming in to take the only unoccupied seats which coincidently happen to be all of desks around mine?

Yes, yes it is. The seating was the same as math.

I could die of happiness.

I stared at my palms the entire class, since it was the period was spent to continue reading the book the class was supposed to read together. I already went ahead and finished it. After ten minutes, the teacher left and the mad onrush began.

Is that someone a crowd of fifty fans shoving me over?

Yes, yes it is. These desks weren’t the type that connected the chair to the desk, but the chair tipped over first, catching the desk. I grabbed at my desk for support, and then that flew over and we all landed in a tangled, uncomfortable pile of metal and me.

And this is why I wear jeans. The desk edge scraped my forehead, but nothing else. No big deal.  

But the best part is that all of SHINee immediately stood up and helped me. I wriggled out from the tangle of metal with the help of Minho, and Taemin and Key helped me stand again. Jonghyun and Onew asked if I was alright and if I needed to go to the nurse.

IS that a gush of blood pouring down my face?

Yes, yes it is. :3

This is what exactly happened.

“Ah! Come on!” Minho called to the others and grabbed  my arms. I obliged to his help and wriggled out, but then I stumbled and Taemin and Key caught me.

“Are you OK?” They repeatedly asked. The power of sitting right next to me helped them catch me, and then all five of them were… TAKING CARE OF ME.

“I’ll get some tissues.”

“You’re bleeding.” Well NO . But I forgive you anyway, Kibum.

“That was a horrible accident.” Onew commented, steadying me on my feet. Since I hit my head on the floor pretty hard, I was a little dizzy. Just a tad bit.

The spots where Minho touched me on my arms tingled, the parts on my shoulders and back tingled from Taemin and Key, and right now my entire body tingled.

It was like a barrier from their fans. Lovely. Minho rushed away and returned with a bunch of tissues.

AND MOTHAH, ALL FIVE OF THEM HELPED CLEAN MY FACE. YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW FABULOUS I FELT. OH YEAH.

But I mustn’t forget my plan. Instead of bouncing about like the crazed, mad fan girl I am, I used perfect posture, thanked them, and refrained from touching them again. Then I sat down, declining the offer to the nurse. I just said that it was just a cut, it would scab and stuff, but then another stream of blood flew forth from it and they forced me to go insisted on going the nurse. The rest of the class was stunned, probably extremely jealous of me (bahahaa), and angry at me (baahahah) and jealous (muahahaha).

I basked in the pleasure for a long time, walking slowly supported by Jonghyun

OMG. I’m walking with SHINee to the nurse. WITH SHINEEEE!

“What happened, exactly?” Minho asked.

“Eh, someone bumped into my desk.” I replied, a little stiffly. I my hands into my pocket, hiding their writing.

“That was a really loud bump sound…” Jonghyun touched the top of my head. SEOGUHVEOSHNSEOAGI

“Come on, almost to the nurse.” Key’s hand rested on my shoulder. Though Minho, Taemin, and Onew weren’t touching me at all, they were walking close by.

“Sorry. It’s our fault.” Taemin looked at me sincerely. “If it weren’t for us, the people wouldn’t have come up to you so fast.” I almost melted, for the billionth time by the way. The melting plus the dizziness made me stumbled, and fall. I fell halfway when Taemin, Onew and Minho snatched at my arms, barely missing. Then I braced myself for the impact of the floor.

Seconds passed. I opened my eyes. OH MY @%$^*#@ GOD. Key’s face was inched above mine. I gulped as I realized he was almost hugging me. They probably thought I fell on purpose. Frozen in place, I gulped over and over again as Key scrutinized my face, looking for other signs of injury.

“Get up hyung. No time to be pulling any moves now!” Taemin huffed, pulling Key off.

“Sorry. Just checking if she was hurt.” Key got up, dusting himself off. I swear, they must be thinking I fell on purpose.

I bet they are, thinking that I am just another crazed fan, driven by mad fan-ness to fake-fall and get in such a situation. A grave event indeed. I got up, pushing my bangs from my face and thanking them again. My entire body felt hot, my heart pounding ferociously.

“I’m sorry…” I looked down, bowing to all five of them before continuing to the nurse. “I’m fine… I can go to the nurse myself.” I tried to shoo them away, too embarrassed with myself for further interaction with them.

“No, you can’t. Obviously.” Minho crossed his arms and Key looked at me. Jonghyun shook his head in disagreement, and Onew placed a pitying hand on my shoulder. Taemin stared at me with  a you-know-you’re-lying kind of look.

“Well, I can’t be a burden and have all five of you come with me!” I negotiated, looking at their faces and exploding in mixed emotions inside.