I Might Beat Minho Up

The Writing On My Hand

Taemin’s POV

I bit my lip and interrupted them.

“I’m going to... go to the restroom.” I said quietly. Minho nodded. Despite Jae’s warning they were already planning on how to make Yunhee regret everything. I’d heard their idea… it was to somehow make the teachers believe that Yunhee cheated on some test, or something along those lines… not sure.

I got up from the table and walked through the maze of lunch tables, the volume of chatter never once receding. Through the door and down the hallway, I looked around for Jae. The door to the girls’ room opened slowly. I walked a bit faster to see if it was Jae. Her forehead was a little wet, her bangs brushed back.

“Jae.”

“If it’s about getting revenge, goodbye.” She was already strolling in the opposite direction.

“No!” I hurried after her. “I agree with you. They shouldn’t be getting revenge.” That made her slow down to a stop. I got next to her.

“Really? No one’s ever agreed with me on that before. I guess they have too much pride…” Jae trailed off. I put a comforting hand on her shoulder. She didn’t shrug it away.

“It’s true that revenge just means more people getting hurt.” I began.

“It does. I don’t think someone who hurt someone else deserves something worse. I think that someone should just be taught that whatever she or he did was wrong and not do it again. But then the one who was wronged has too much pride and feels like they must get back at them and do something even more devastating.” She looked up, sighed and looked back down.

Is that the longest thing I’ve ever heard her say? Anyway, the only times I really get revenge are like ‘playing’ revenge. Sort of like someone hit me with a dodgeball in a game, I’d hit them back, but I won’t plan some sort of death for them. When we’re all playing and find it funny.

“Yeah.” I ended up saying back to her.

Minho’s POV

Why does Jae think revenge is wrong? Yunhee was horrible to her! She deserves it.

Anyway, here’s the plan:

The ninth graders all have a huge test coming up. We know where Yunhee’s locker is. She told us in case ‘SHINee decided to drop by.’ Hana’s tenth grade friends have their year-old corrected tests. It’s the same test every year. They photocopied it and gave it to us, glad to do anything bad to Yunhee. They hated her.

So with the test answers, I typed up an official-looking answer sheet and stuffed several of them in her folder. In lunch, if you bring books, they have bookshelves lining the walls, and you have to put them on the shelves until the end of lunch, so her folders are free to the world. Her test is the period after lunch with Hana. Hana’s sits next to Yunhee in class; they’re both ninth graders anyway.

When Yunhee opens her folder, Hana will see it and yell about it to the teacher. Then the teacher will think Yunhee has been cheating and she’ll get several weeks of detention

It’s foolproof.

Since the test is on Monday, right after the weekend, Hana will email us the corrected tests. Hana declared she wouldn’t look at them at all.

Then we can put our lovely plan into action.

Taemin came back, along with Jae. Has he convinced her that revenge is sweet? What surprised me is that Jae grabbed the collar of my shirt.

“Don’t think I can’t take you on, Minho.” She began, with an abnormally intimidating swear. “Because I will if you take revenge.” She pulled me closer so I could feel the full blast of her anger.

Oh mah jeez… scaredscaredscared.

O.O

Then she let go, and never went back to her seat. She sat at the unoccupied end of the other table… with Taemin!

“Yah, Taemin! Maknae! Why are you over there!” I called to him.

“I’m with Jae.” He replied stubbornly. The two of them looked away from me, and I huffed grumpily. Kids these days…

***

Oh yeah, I had EVERYTHING ready. The answer sheet was typed up. Now all I had to do was wait for the weekend to end, and also do my weekend schedules.

Jae’s POV

I walked home safely that night, and accidently let my birthday slip to Taemin. He wanted me to go over to celebrate, but it might cause a scandal and besides, those revenge-takers would fill up my ‘party’ with more plans.

“What if I go to your house? In disguise?” Taemin asked. Oh man, I really wanted to have my party with someone… not alone… my parents would be thrilled with an idol in the house… “Well, I don’t have a big schedule. Some morning stuff and then I’m free after one.” He offered.

“Ok!” I grinned. Taemin is a really nice friend. He beamed back, and asked for my address. Apparently it was close to wherever his place was.

NEXT DAY

I told my parents a friend would be coming over… just not who the person was… They would be surprised.

I was eagerly awaiting Taemin’s arrival… He said 1:30 so he could get ready after his jobs and such. OK! Only….three more hours! I spent that time making the house look perfect.

Taemin’s POV

“Anything… friendshippy?” I asked the jeweler. “Like necklaces?” He seemed somewhat intimidated by me… anyway I didn’t have to go tell my hyungs where I was… they got home way after I did.

“Yea, over there near the back corner.” He pointed. I nodded thanks to him and trotted back there, when I spotted the most perfect set.

EVAR.

MILK AND COOKIES OH YEAH.

http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/b/0/0/68/f/AAAACxFDD3MAAAAAAGj63Q.jpg?v=1250629955000

It doesn’t look like anything serious, and I don’t know if she would consider me a best friend…

“Can I have this, please?” I set the necklaces on the counter. Oh wow, I’m going to be milk!

“Yes, would you like a box and wrapping?” He offered kindly. I nodded. With expert hands, he placed the necklaces on a square of secured fabric in the box and wrapped it up easily with

http://www.scribbler.co.uk/images/_lib/happy-birthday-wrapping-paper-6002273-0-1255614905000.jpg

and tied it up with

http:///display_pic_with_logo/310600/310600,1286714576,1/stock-vector-blue-gift-ribbon-and-bow-vector-object-62694031.jpg

“Thank you!” I bowed slightly to the man and left, the box hidden in a bag.

By the way, my sunglasses were fabulous; my hat covered my red hair, and my jacket and hood concealed my identity.

Oh yeah.