Ouch

The Writing On My Hand

Jae’s POV

I dropped Taemin’s cell on the table and left.

MY motherly side was coming in. Well, whenever I see someone close to me, hurt and all, I want to take care of them.

So I will.

In the nearby store, I bought a few comic books and stuff for Taemin to do while he was awake in the hospital.

You know, I REALLY should call my parents.

They can wait. Let me bring this back to Taemin. After I picked out another book, I paid for the bag of things, and went back to the hospital. I passed by the window of Taemin’s room, which came before the door, and I glanced through it.

That was pretty much when my heart spontaneously combusted.

Taemin’s POV

Everything was still fuzzy. I’m not sure what happened with the whole incident. That frustrated me. Anyway, Jae just left and told Faia to make sure I eat.

I will eat, but I’m just utterly confused and I hate being confused like this. I want to know what happened!

Frowning, I finished the small serving of applesauce and wiped my mouth. I had been barely conscious during the whole thing. Ugh, I’m so weak. With a sigh, I pushed the tray away, and Faia put it back on the table.

We were silent, until I asked for my cell phone. It’ll give me something to do. Wordlessly, she nodded getting up, glancing around and then asked where it was.

“Jae put it on the table, next to the door.” I replied, and then peered around Faia’s figure to make sure it was there. Where’d it go? I sat up, rubbed my head, and then stood to look for it, too. Slowly, I pushed a little bit past Faia, not roughly or anything, to where my phone had been. I heard Faia yelp, and then grabbed my sleeve to steady herself as she fell backward. My vision swam as my head moved too quickly, and I shut them to prevent further dizziness.

I couldn’t focus on anything, and when I steadied myself, I opened my eyes.

Eyes to eyes, right on top of her… lips to lips.

Oh my ing god.

I ripped myself away, tripped backward and landed on my . Faia shot off the bed, backing away and staring at me. I heard the door open, and I turned my head quickly to see.

Ouch. Too fast head movements. It settled into a dull headache.

Jae. Whatever words that were going to come out from my mouth we’ll never know, as it got stuck in my esophagus. Did she see that? I really hope not. Jae’s smiling face was there, making me believe she never saw anything. She bent a bit and extended a hand. “I don’t think sleeping on the floor will make your concussion go away.” Jae was a holding a plastic shopping back. “Here’s some things to do for when you get bored in this place.” She placed it next to my bed.

I looked up at her face, then to her outstretched hand, and decided she really didn’t see anything. Seeing that I wasn’t taking her helping hand, she just took my wrist and pulled me up.

Holy crap. She really is strong. “I see you finished eating. Good.” Jae commented, sitting down into a chair, and then looked confused at the still-standing, on-the-other-side-of-the-room Faia.

“What are you doing, Faia?” Jae inquired, pushing me gently back down onto the hospital bed, and she sat back down in one of the metal chairs.

“Um, I have to go.” Faia mumbled, not making eye contact with me, gathering her stuff and leaving.

“Bye.”

“Bye.”

The door closed and I looked down, feeling guilty. Faia’s not my… type. I wiped my mouth furiously while Jae bent down to look in the bag she brought.

“Um, can I use your phone to call my parents?” Jae asked, setting a comic book on my lap. I stared, dumbfounded. She’s doing all this for me?

“Yeah. Sure.” I replied, looking from her to the book.

“Oh. It fell on the floor.” Jae absently noted, and picked up the phone, dialed a number and left the room momentarily to talk to her parents.