Jung is totally awesome at comforting people

The Writing On My Hand

GUYS! I'M SORRY I'VE NOT BEEN UPDATING A LOT AT ALL... LIKE NOT ENOUGH TIMES.

I'VE DEVELOPED A NEW OBSESSION, A GAME THAT I'M PLAYING WAY TOO MUCH OF WHICH EATS UP MY USUAL WRITING TIME. I'M SORRRRYYY! THE CHAPTERS WILL NOT BE COMING AS OFTEN, BUT IT WILL BE AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK, BUT I'LL TRY TO GET BACK IN THE ONE CHAPTER A DAY HABIT AGAIN. I'M SORRY MY LOVELY READERS. T_T

 

Jae’s POV

I glanced to Jung. Did he REALLY not recognize Taemin to be THE Taemin? We walked side-by-side, just strolling down the street.

“Any particular reason why you feel like skipping?” I asked.

“Naw. School bores me. I know it all, anyway.” He replied. Did he really? He didn’t seem like the intelligent type.

“Really? You know everything?”

“Uh-huh. I don’t seem like it, do I?” Jung laughed, lightly punching my arm.

“No, not really.”

“I figured. Hey, I gotta question.”

“What is it?” I looked at him. He turned to me.

“Is the Taemin we played Laser Tag with the idol Lee Taemin? I caught a fleeting resemblance.” Oh ho, so he did notice.

“Yup.”

“Holy crap. I yelled at an idol. What would my mom say?”

“…The world may never know.”

“Probably. If I tell her I had met a celebrity, she’d never get to the end of it.” Jung shook his head. “Are you like, his girlfriend?” I stopped, and then began to choke on my coolatta.

Lovely.

Jung tapped my back forcefully as I appeared to be imitating a flaming pig with bronchitis.

“Hey, man, you OK? I mean, girl.” I coughed, my session of choking coming to an end.

“Yes… I’m not particularly good with that kind of topic.” I wiped my mouth, bending over and coughing once more.

“Not his girlfriend? Do you like, like him or something?”

There begins my second session of choking.

“Aw, man… girl, you do like him, dontcha?” I looked up at him, frowning. He shrugged. “It’s not a big deal. So do a million other fans.” That’s… true.

“Uh-huh.” I replied, staring at him, still frowning over the whole issue.

“Well, you look like you have a lot to tell. Wanna tell me it?” He inquired casually, stretching his arms. I blinked three times, and then I took on an expression of thorough I-need-to-spill-everything-to-someone. He bent down a bit, since I was short and looked more firmly at me. “What’s wrong?”

***

“This is just embarrassing. I don’t like to talk to people about this.” I ducked my head. We were sitting on a bench, in the park.

“Then you don’t halfta if you don’t wanna. But, if you tell someone about, it’ll make you feel better.” Jung shook his head, sighing.

“…Fine. I’ll be… blunt.”

“Go ahead.”

“I have a best friend.” I paused, not exactly wanting to go on, but he looked at me expectantly. “She… confessed to me that she liked TaeminI promised her I would support her.” He took on a look of ‘oh-well-I-get-it…-you’re-screwed-now. “And… today… when I went to the hospital… they…” I hesitated.

“What?”

“…were kissing. But it looked like it had been on accident. But still… they kissed.” I bit down on my lip. “I feel pretty horrible after it and all… but I said I’d support her and crap, and now I’m feeling like crap after I saved his freaking life by risking my life, and I guess seeing the two kiss is not the best way to calm down after almost dying and… today it’s fine, just that reporters are hounding me, and then I’ll be famous and I don’t want to be, and it’s annoying, and the fact I skipped is weighing down on me because I never skip and I’m just babbling a way-too-long run-on sentence now.” I finished, then took a breath and put my head in my hands.

“Well.” I glanced up at him hopefully, hoping for advice. “...you’re pretty screwed there.” I dropped my head back down into my hands, and he tried to take it back. “Ah… I’m sorry. That’s a pretty tough situation, Jae.” He patted my back, now silent, probably having no idea whatsoever as to what he should do.

“It’s not your fault.” I replied, sitting up.

“Wanna go hang out in an arcade or something?” Jung suggested.

“Um, does it have Dance Dance Revolution?” Because I love that game.

“Yeah… I think so, Dance Dance Revolution Supernova.”

“Awesome! Let’s go!” And I pretended like what we’d been talking about before had never been talked about.

***

“Holy crap Jae. You’re doing Doll Terra! On challenge! AND NOT FAILING! WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU. How do you do this?! I can only get this on basic… and I die on difficult!”

“Um, shut up.”

“Right.” The mass of notes flew at me, while Jung was struggling to get the beat and get the freaking notes. We were on double, and I was winning, but because I’d played this a million times.

(This is the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubCbDev71T8&feature=related I did not dance this, though. I can honestly get only a B on this song if I do it)

My legs began to ache, but I got over it. I’d done this song a million times anyway.

When the speaker on the DDR game said in it’s recorded voice: 100 combo, people started gathering. It didn’t bother me; I was focused on the song.